Discussion - Isayama playing with Panels (Manga readers only due to Spoilers) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Isayama playing with Panels (Manga readers only due to Spoilers)

Beatrice

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Just came to notice that Isayama seem to put a lot of foreshadowing into panels.

Last Panel:

Following the same principles as Eren - Reiner and Bert = Shifters

Look who is shown when the Armored Titan is mentioned as well as the Colossal.

Christa being referred as God.

Last 2 Panels.

Hanjis reaction to the name Ymir.
Her and Levi are the ones who found Ilses last words.

Thing is, if we go by such potential hints:

Last edited by a moderator:

teioh

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Nice work. Probably more will come in the near future ^^

royalq

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
i dont get what is being foreshadowed in 4,7,8

Beatrice

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
i dont get what is being foreshadowed in 4,7,8
Christa is referred as a Goddess, I happened to find another Panel where she is referred as that when she encountered Armin,Jean and Reiner after Annie debuted as Titan.
Anyway, Christa = Referred to as Goddess////// Pastor Nick, a member of the Church tells she has the knowledge about the Titans in the Walls, the same Walls the Church worship.

7:
Rivaille and Hanji found Ilses Notebook which contains the name Ymir and the events that occured in her last moments, the name was later mentioned right in front of them.
Rivaille and Hanji know that Ymir is worshipped and referred to as Great.

As for 8:
3rd Panel, "If we would have known what kind of hell would have awaited us, we wouldn't have chosen to become Soldiers."
Soldier Theme is mainly used for Annie,Bertholdt and Reiner.
During Training, Reiner said Annie isn't cut out to be a Soldier.
And at the same Training she said she doesn't want to play Soldier.
Bertholdt said he and Reiner are no Soldiers but Warriors.
Remember that Reiner has developed a split personality, he believe to be part of the Humans despite being a Titan.
I believe it's not too farfetched to say they are metaphors for:
Soldier = Human
Warrior = Titan
It also works with Annies Dilemma.
She claims she is a failure of a Warrior, yet she doesn't wanna be a Soldier.

Anyway, point is, the term Soldier is used ALOT for those 3.
Last Panel:
"If only I hadn't met you guys, I would have gotten away without having to worry about who's next.
Shown:
Reiner,Annie, Bertholdt. The 3 Main Antagonists shown so far who caused chaos after chaos.

Point is, in both Panels, we also see Sasha mixed into the group of the Shifters.
Funny thing is, Connie was also there crouching on the Floor yet only those 4 are shown.
Why not Connie?Simple.
If Isayama would have drawn Connie standing, he'd be within the group, instead he is on the floor.

Connie was not supposed to be shown with them as those sentences were meant to those 4 so yes I do believe that Sasha = 4th Shifter alongside Reiner,Bertholdt and Annie.

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
http://www.mangapanda.com/shingeki-no-kyojin/1/49

"The royal government has declared that manifesting any interest in the outside world would be taboo."

"The king is just chickening out, end of story."

"...You're right. But is it the only reason?"

Booyah. Guess who says that waaaay back in Chapter 1? ARMIN.
Oh I love him.

Thread title should be more like "Foreshadowing" or something :P

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 AM ----------

@Beatrice
Sasha can't be part of Reiner's group, otherwise this:

http://www.mangapanda.com/shingeki-no-kyojin/3/26

will not happen.

She wouldn't have put the precious meat right there lol.

Only kidding. I like your idea. But if Sasha really turns out to be a Shifter (even if not part of the RBA group,) I'll be soooo much more confused than I am now.

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
So I dunno if there is a meaning behind this:
Gosh, I don't know what to say :D
The first two, whether they mean anything or not, is sooooo obviously intentional...
The third one has relations, but not sure if intentional and/or implicit... Though I'd say if she really did turn out to be something, then the third one is definitely intentional and implicit, haha.

SarcasticIndeed

Reaction score
Country
Montenegro
Are you sure you aren't looking too deep into this and making something out of thin air? These could simply be coincidences or the author running out of poses to draw :P

SarcasticIndeed

Reaction score
Country
Montenegro
Thats what they were saying to the guy who figured out that R&B were collosal and armored titan.
Do you have a link to that thread?

I am not trying to portray the similarities as meaningless, I love discussing cool theories and such, I was just pointing out another possibility :P

SarcasticIndeed

Reaction score
Country
Montenegro
Oh, mighty Google, you surely can find anything. Here you go, just click on the spoiler button in this post.
I find google to be really bad for finding ambiguous posts like that because it usually spews out a lot of unrelated results. Plus, I'd have to deal with a lot of pages that were after their identities were already discovered.

Thanks anyway!

teioh

Reaction score
Country
Italy
First panel: too different, that thing is not even similar to Sasha.

Second panel: a lot of people spoiling the raws thinked that Ymir titan was Sasha. It's not.

Third panel: LOL.

mikasaaa

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
So I dunno if there is a meaning behind this:
Okay, I was going to post my theory in a separate thread but this got my attention, so hear me out.

I think Sasha will turn into a titan. I don't mean a shifter, but probably an abnormal at least.

- She's been absent in the latest chapters
- She's the only known rookie not in Eren's rescue squad
- She's had an entire chapter dedicated to her. How many characters have had this privilege? (One. Ilse!)
- In that same chapter we got to know her backstory (if you read Naruto, that usually means the author is done with the character and so she can be killed without problem)
- In that same chapter we got to know the reason for her polite speech and she finally stops talking like that
- In that same chapter she redeems herself and fulfills her purpose (turning into a brave young woman) AND meets her family so she can demonstrate how she's changed
- Her voracious appetite reminds us of titans
- The foreshadowing panels above
- Everyone loves her as a character. It would be a heavy blow to us if she died / became a titan
- It's been proven humans can be turned into titans by someone else / higher powers

So here's what I think will happen: After this mission, whether Eren is rescued or not, the Scouting Legion comes back and finds out many soldiers (like Mike) as well as Sasha are MIA. Ape Titan (or someone else) turns Sasha and her fellow villagers into titans in the background (so there's no time for Sasha to send a message alerting the Legion that she's safe). Cue drama when they find out she's become a titan.

- Connie (who's closest to Sasha) will be the first to realize she's become a titan. Why? Because he'll make the connection to the titans (his mom) in his own village and will reach the conclusion that his family was probably met with the same fate as Sasha's. Cue more drama.

And it would be fucked up if only a few villagers including her became titans and she ate her father (and had to watch it as it happened, powerlessly, just like Ymir).

So here's the idea. Sasha will become a titan, a very troublesome one. Maybe they'll manage to capture her or communicate with her so Hanji can advance on her investigation about titans, I dunno. Thoughts? (=

Last edited:

Huesoman

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Peru
To be honest, I hope she doesn't become a titan, she is one of the sweetest chars from SnK and it would broke my heart :pout. But I always have room to all kind of hypothesis, and if the panels above are really hints, then chances are in your favor, what I don't know is how the ape could ¿"titanated"? her if he already got out from Wall Rose, unless he came back, but for what? Too many questions man.

Last edited:

mikasaaa

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
To be honest, I hope she doesn't become a titan, she is one of the sweetest chars from SnK and it would broke my heart :pout. But I always have room to all kind of hypothesis, and if the panels above are really hints, then chances are in your favor, what I don't know is how the ape could ¿"titanated"? her if he already got out from Wall Rose, at least he came back, but for what? Too many questions man.
You're right, the Ape Titan's not in Wall Rose… he climbed over to Wall Maria, right? Or was it Wall Sina? I don't know which one is the closest to Castle Utgard… well, let's hope he doesn't come back for a long time. Sasha is love.

Huesoman

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Peru
He climbed Wall Rose heading south to Wall Maria, I guess he "lives" beyond the walls.

teioh

Reaction score
Country
Italy
MIA = Missing in Action but CUE?

Beatrice

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Potentially more:
Last Panel:
Note the Wolf.

The Anime makes my next point clearer than the Manga:
0:08
Sashas posture, remind you of anything?

Thing is:
In the Norse there happens to be a being that while is a Giant is different to it's appearance.
The Monster Wolf, Fenrir.

Fenrir is known for killing Odin, the god that stands for the Wild Hunt.
I quote what a Wild Hunt is:
A Group of Huntsmen moving on Horses across the lands and Odin is known to highly influence battle and is known for being deceptive, cunning and trickery.

Last edited by a moderator: