Fantasy - Jacob vs Lucy | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fantasy Jacob vs Lucy

Who wins?

• Current Lucy

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • Jacob

Votes: 13 44.8%

• Total voters

Celestial Spirit Queen Lu

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
I know, I'm not talking about full power Natsu. I'm talking Natsu, with just his fighting skills, his physical strength, no fire, is better than Capricorn or any other spirit bar CSK..

Yes, Jacob kicked the shit out of her effortlessly, he doesn't need invisibility or Transport, or even his knives, based on pure combat skill alone, he'd overwhelm Lucy.

As for her snake Yokai, it's stated several times stronger than Lucy, current Lucy doesn't have that level of strength any more than Happy does. Snake Lucy also did worse against Natsu than Jacob. Landed less hits and only triggered LFD as opposed to FDK, all with the benefit of Natsu being unwilling to hurt her.
You are literally comparing Lucy to 1 year ago to current Lucy now dude. Send the scans and proof of Jacob kicking the shit out of her effortless.

As for your other reply to Axiomus I won't but in and let him handle it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

yet she did not, that she was even injured by slaps by Aquarius, so that means she is stronger than Natsu, because flames are weak underwater, that was his base form, nothing impressive. Jacob's strength is considerable as he took the blows from Natsu and Lucy head on while holding back and even distracted, they are stated to be comparable to each other in strength, he was closing his eyes, distracted by his shyness. Mira just underestimated them, she was not completely out of gas until after Alegria form, they are enchantments of Irene so they are powerful, if basic enchantments can overpower Erza then there is no reason why powerful enchantments wouldn't be any weaker. if I was in a boxing match I call the reff that he is not in the same weight class and he be disqualified. Don't know what that has to do with anything but whatever, even in the anime She managed to scare Azuma and push him back in human form. continuously, not the same as not out of power. not what she said simply said strongest demon that groups even the Etherious but whatever, so? they weren't going all out against each other, Mira was playing with Lucy, she simply had to use a different form to take them down because they are part of Irene's power afterall, yeah, if you have anime on your side against someone who can fly and shoot lasers, that still lowers your stats, just like any wizard can do if they are not putting their power into it, he was indeed lowered his stats because he was not conditionally all in it.
Don't see how the slaps injuring Lucy relate to my point but ok. Hypocrisy much? I don't know about Lucy, but it's literally stated that Natsu was holding back against Jacob. Plus he never even used a spell on Jacob until he was out of the guild because he didn't want to destroy it.

Omg and? How the hell does him closing his eyes lower his attack power in defense? I could literally close my eyes right now and get into a fight and the strenght of my fist or my durability wouldn't change at all.

Yeah. But she was no match for them in BASE Satan Soul which is WHY she went Alegria. And that only serves to prove my point that she was still tired.

It has to do with the fact that you're probably not going to use your full strength against someone who you know is way weaker than you. Mirajane simply didn't feel the need to use SS against a weak nameless scrub. What is so hard to understand? She only fought in human form because she couldn't use SS soul like that due to her fight against Elfman and Evergreen. AGAIN she only fought in human form because she couldn't use SS continuously like bruh.

You're ignoring the context again. At that point the only etherious Lisanna had met when she made that statement were Lamy and Seilah. Lamy is fodder not even worth mentioning and she hadn't even SEEN Seilah's full power. All she saw was Base Seilah Matching Base SS Mirajane.

Prove Mirajane was playing with Lucy.

I literally don't understand what you're trying to say here.

WoWfan

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
it shows that Aquarius is faster than Base Natsu who couldn’t land any hits, how is that hypocritical? so was Jacob so he can torture them to get Mavis to tell him where FH is, so they are both pulling punches, never used a spell once? He literally used a Fire Dragon Talon along with Lucy’s Loke kick when he let down his guard, even Makarov broke the guild when he punched Jacob and did not do anything. Magic is based on concentration, if he doesn’t have top mental capacity then he is weakened, yes you would otherwise you end up punching a brick wall, or fallling into a ditch or let someone touch you Where you don’t want to. That only proves she became tired after she used the spell which is still from enchantments from Irene. what is so hard about simply being able to fight with or without using her Satan Soul magic? Plus she used Sleep magic as well in her fight, they only won dude to deception anyway, don’t give them credit and even fought without SS that pushed Azuma back, plus the demons that she met with her sublings and with the other Tartaros Members as well as Kyoka, it doesn’t matter, she seen her fair share of demons so she would still assume that Mira is the strongest one, she had no idea Seliah was base, again she makes assumptions of demons in general, not forms. Basically she plans on doing BDSM stuff to her like her other spirits. https://sorcererweekly.com/reader/read/ft100yq/en/4/35/page/18, like I said above how Magic is based on focus and concentration.

Celestial Spirit Queen Lu

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
it shows that Aquarius is faster than Base Natsu who couldn’t land any hits, how is that hypocritical? so was Jacob so he can torture them to get Mavis to tell him where FH is, so they are both pulling punches, never used a spell once? He literally used a Fire Dragon Talon along with Lucy’s Loke kick when he let down his guard, even Makarov broke the guild when he punched Jacob and did not do anything. Magic is based on concentration, if he doesn’t have top mental capacity then he is weakened, yes you would otherwise you end up punching a brick wall, or fallling into a ditch or let someone touch you Where you don’t want to. That only proves she became tired after she used the spell which is still from enchantments from Irene. what is so hard about simply being able to fight with or without using her Satan Soul magic? Plus she used Sleep magic as well in her fight, they only won dude to deception anyway, don’t give them credit and even fought without SS that pushed Azuma back, plus the demons that she met with her sublings and with the other Tartaros Members as well as Kyoka, it doesn’t matter, she seen her fair share of demons so she would still assume that Mira is the strongest one, she had no idea Seliah was base, again she makes assumptions of demons in general, not forms. Basically she plans on doing BDSM stuff to her like her other spirits. https://sorcererweekly.com/reader/read/ft100yq/en/4/35/page/18, like I said above how Magic is based on focus and concentration.
How does Aquarius being faster than Bae Natsu even relate to anything I'm arguing though? Dude send your proof of Jacob holding back so he could torture them. My fault there, but Natsu was still heavily holding back against Jacob during the fight due to him wanting to avoid destroy the guild. Don't believe me? I'll link the chapter right here:https://mangafairy-tail.com/manga/fairy-tail-chapter-479/

Lol that's magic, not durability OR attack power. Except none of those things happened in Jacob's fight against Mirajane nor did he EVER bump into something so moot point. Yeah and? It means using Alegria exhausts her to that POINT. It's so hard to believe because Mirajane is NOT dumb! You are literally comparing Mirajane facing off fodder without using SS and using it as evidence for WHY she would fight a HIGH tier mage in base.

After my next reply I am done. There's no point in arguing with someone who simply won't listen.

Prove she pushed Azuma back without SS. Prove it.

Lisanna has never even seen Kyouka fight so I don't know what you're trying to prove. I KNOW that she had no idea already I was just using Seilah Base as a Key cause Etherious Seilah was washing Tartorus Sitri Mira.

DUDE Mirajane literally ABSORBS the power of the demons she takes over. What is so hard for you to understand about that?

Yeah. She plans on doing it if SHE wins. Doesn't prove the tiniest bit that Mirajane was holding back on Lucy.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
You are literally comparing Lucy to 1 year ago to current Lucy now dude. Send the scans and proof of Jacob kicking the shit out of her effortless.

As for your other reply to Axiomus I won't but in and let him handle it.
Send scans of Jacob coming back this arc kicking the shit out of Lucy lmao? Sure, I'll get right on that. That said, it's not like I need them, because current Lucy doesn't scale above Base Natsu from Alvarez.
Then I'll have to disagree. Without stealth making him invisible, Jacob is literally just a dude with a whip and knives. He might be better at martial arts and pretty good durability, but I still don't see how Jacob finishes Lucy off without transport. I think Aquarius stardress alone can pretty much hold Jacob off long enough for Gemini to finish casting Urano.

Fair enough on the FDK vs LFD, but the hits Lucy were landing were actually throwing Natsu around and making him mad. Jacob's hits were pretty much things Natsu could shrug off and hold a conversation while tanking. It's also worth noting that FDK was somewhat overkill. Makarov's punches were enough to send Jacob flying, and Jacob was reeling in pain from the heat before Natsu actually punched him. LFD is also what Natsu used to beat Gajeel.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that Jacob might have better durability and skill, but his attack power is abysmal. And frankly, I don't see him finishing off Levy or Wendy with his hand to hand attacks. Not based on what they've been through from Bloodman and Dimaria. Lucy is around their level. With what we've recently seen from Star Dress mix and Urano, I think Lucy hits hard enough to rival a punch from Satan Soul....Which again, oneshotted Jacob.
He just keeps hitting her til she dies, it's not really a big deal. Most villains don't actually put down good guys you know, just because Lucy tanked some hits from Jacob, while he was heavily preoccupied by Natsu mind you, doesn't mean Lucy can tank them forever. Also, nothing suggest Lucy can just allow Gemini to do the incantation while attacking herself, she needs to hold her hand, she needs to contribute her power. If it was that easy Lucy wouldn't have needed Aquarius's strategy and I think Mashima made it pretty clear that strategy was necessary. Also, Mimi's feats are significantly less impressive than Jacob's, so even if Lucy actually had Aquarius, nothing suggests it would be enough to stop Jacob like it did Mimi.

Jacob threw Natsu around as well and the hits Lucy was landing on Natsu were a joke to him, lets get real.
And sure, FDK was prob overkill for Jacob and LFD was almost certainly overkill for Lucy, in fact, Aquarius thought it would literally kill her

I'm the last one who'll say Jacob's attack power is good.... among those in his tier, doesn't mean he's so weak he can't put down the likes of Lucy. Oh, and Bloodman's attacks are fodder too, Levy was tanking them and his MBPs like nobodies business. Dimaria is also almost as bad, except for her beam attack maybe.
As for Satan Soul punch, didn't oneshot Jacob, he was tanking hits before that. Besides, Mira is Skullion tier, maybe above, Lucy isn't in the same realm as her, she's fodder even to the likes of Kyria. I think Urano would do the job on Jacob, because it's always let her hit outside her weightclass, but Jacob's feats of combat and speed are too good to let her cast it.

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
About how believing Yokai Lucy was significant yet wasn’t, that was referring to another person, don‘t know why you were taking his place. https://v2.mangapark.net/manga/fairy-tail/i1628868/21 That is still not impressive considering that he did not even oneshot Ajeel who was outside FT guild hall, and they are on the same level. Magic based on one’s physical capacity too whether it is attack or durability, just like how Natsu and Wendy without any access to Magic did not even defeat a single fodder soldier in Edolas, it did with Jacob as he was not in best condition to concentrate so he can’t focus his magic, using Axiomus point again, he did bump into a tree, that only proves how powerful enchantments are compared to the standard elite wizard, she is no dumb when it comes to powersful spells cast, yet she did it, and that is that. I do listen, you are simply to stubborn to acknowledge other points. Episode 105, around -7:49, yet she knows she is a Demon nonetheless and that e basically grouped all demons together indiscriminately, that is the point, she makes an assumption with no canon confirmation, Etherious are harder than most, I don’t know how that is relevant here. The fact that she lets her spirits still exist instead of destroying outright is sign she does hold back.

Aniokku

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Lucy easily wins.

You're debating when Jacob hasn't tasted anything.

1) Natsu beat him with a single hit.
2) Mirajane beat him and she was very exhausted.

At this point in the story. Lucy is an S-class mage so at least she must have the base level of mira or erza from the tenrou arc.

Why do you despise Lucy so much? she has already shown many times that she does not need a colossal strength like Natsu to defeat the enemy. Lucy was decisive in defeating Aldo. Or was she not the one who recited the spell and devised the plan? Or was she not the one who saved the guild from Alegria?

Not to mention that her new skill "Star dress mix" gives her a very high advantage. In this state, she could rival Gray (Demon Magic) or Erza.

Why?
Well let's go to the last confrontation of each one:

Erza vs Youko: Erza couldn't do anything in a 1 vs 1 against her. She needed the power of Wendy + the power of Elentir + lucy's spirits + the help of natsu and the others to be able to win.

Gray vs. Hakune: Although Gray had the "advantage" he never dominated the battle. it was until the last moment that he managed to win.

Lucy vs Mimi: From the beginning of the confrontation, Lucy seemed more confident, she even surprised Mimi with her determination and confidence. and despite the fact that she received help from Aquarius. From the beginning she attacked with strategy. and she didn't need wendy's power or a last minute memory / feeling to win.

You may say that Mimi was the weakest of the 3. But we don't know for sure. From my point of view I think Youko was the strongest and that Hakune and Mimi were on the same level in power. But let's be honest, Lucy was able to finish her encounter before giving her enemy time to attack her. And i think that gives lucy an extra point

Also, Lucy is officially a Fairy Sphere user. One of the 3 great spells of FT. I don't see how Jacob can avoid a spell of this caliber.
I imagine something like natsu vs blue note after the year of training. Lucy winning without having to give her all

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Natsu went all out against Jacob who could not fight back while being thrown back, while it is confirmed by Mira Jacob lowered his power to be on her level while she recovered most of her magic already. I think you are giving Lucy to much credit to be on Erza’s level. Defeated Aldo wat?!?

Aniokku

Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Natsu went all out against Jacob who could not fight back while being thrown back, while it is confirmed by Mira Jacob lowered his power to be on her level while she recovered most of her magic already. I think you are giving Lucy to much credit to be on Erza’s level. Defeated Aldo wat?!?
You tell me?

Remember, Erza did not defeat any seed gods.

Wolfen: He retired because it was the only way to stop Zeref's spell.

Metro: He was defeated by Gray and Juvia

Doom: he is defeated by wendy and other members of FT

Gears: He is defeated in a strange way by Jellal

Main Seed Dragon: He is defeated by Natsu

Lucy in this arc, she defeated the Metro's golems. allowing Gray and Juvia to have a 2 vs 1

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Does Jacob really beat Lucy in stats though? Her snake-Yokai form did just as well against base Natsu as Jacob ever did, and I was under the impression that current Lucy became stronger than snake-Yokai.
A base Natsu who severely held back.
LFD Natsu was going to one shot her, to the point where Aquarius was worried whether Lucy would accidentally get killed lol. And LFD Natsu is probably like ~1.5-2x base Natsu

In terms of power, Yokai Lucy ~ Stardress mix IMO
It was stated to be a big powerup to the base, like stardress mix is

Jacob was = x792 base Natsu in pure stats
I consider Lucy still < x792 base Natsu in stats, and <<< x793 base Natsu.

Why <<< x793 base Natsu?
Stardress mix spell should be comparable to UM, considering both attacks exhaust her MP completely. Stardress mix spell got no sold by Elfman and Mira

Yeah, Jacob stomps if he turns invisible and claps for transport. But he's literally too stupid to do that. His attack power by itself is also terrible. I honestly think Lucy can just cover her head and chant Urano. Even if Jacob hits her a dozen times and knocks her around, it'll still be no worse than the beating she took from Mimi.
In fantasy battles we consider characters without PIS/CIS, right?
In this case Jacob no diff's. Lucy has no means to deal with invis + clap. Or even directly just clapping, it takes like 0.1 sec for people of x792 base Natsu calibur to clap (even we can do it in <1 sec).
In a realistic scenario, almost nobody (unless they're like Suzaku tiers) is stopping Jacob from clapping, like like almost nobody is stopping Dimaria from clicking her teeth. The happy thing was a gag, he could've clapped the entire fight but he didn't. For normal mages, either you are strong enough to resist, or you get one shot.

Also, even without clap hax, it should be a high diff battle based on everything else Jacob can do.
Let's not forget that Lucy was no diff/one shot material for Jacob in x792 (she was going to get killed before Natsu intervened). By pure stats.
Do you think Lucy has grown so much, to go from no diff material. to actually beating him in combat?

Last edited:

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
That is not really scaling since she did not take hits from Natsu and tricked him to keep herself safe. And Brandish even counters UM which would be no surprise that other Spriggans are capable of that too.
You tell me?

Remember, Erza did not defeat any seed gods.

Wolfen: He retired because it was the only way to stop Zeref's spell.

Metro: He was defeated by Gray and Juvia

Doom: he is defeated by wendy and other members of FT

Gears: He is defeated in a strange way by Jellal

Main Seed Dragon: He is defeated by Natsu

Lucy in this arc, she defeated the Metro's golems. allowing Gray and Juvia to have a 2 vs 1
Because she was outcool at the time, how could she fight then, that is not being able to defeat Aldo, just Metro’s Golems.

Aniokku

Reaction score
Country
Colombia
That is not really scaling since she did not take hits from Natsu and tricked him to keep herself safe. And Brandish even counters UM which would be no surprise that other Spriggans are capable of that too.

Because she was outcool at the time, how could she fight then, that is not being able to defeat Aldo, just Metro’s Golems.
We do not know the current level of Brandish vs Lucy. Your bases go back to a Lucy from the Alvarez arc, not the current one.

Excuse me, how many seed gods did Erza beat? What did Erza do in this arc other than flirting with Jellal and being defeated by Laxus?

Gray needed help from Juvia (and Lucy to keep the golems away) to defeat Metro.

I go back and reiterate both Lucy, Gray and Erza fought the moonlit beauty goddesses and the one who didn't need power-ups or a last minute memory was Lucy.

A base Natsu who severely held back.
LFD Natsu was going to one shot her, to the point where Aquarius was worried whether Lucy would accidentally get killed lol. And LFD Natsu is probably like ~1.5-2x base Natsu

In terms of power, Yokai Lucy ~ Stardress mix IMO
It was stated to be a big powerup to the base, like stardress mix is

Jacob was = x792 base Natsu in pure stats
I consider Lucy still < x792 base Natsu in stats, and <<< x793 base Natsu.

Why <<< x793 base Natsu?
Stardress mix spell should be comparable to UM, considering both attacks exhaust her MP completely. Stardress mix spell got no sold by Elfman and Mira

In fantasy battles we consider characters without PIS/CIS, right?
In this case Jacob no diff's. Lucy has no means to deal with invis + clap. Or even directly just clapping, it takes like 0.1 sec for people of x792 base Natsu calibur to clap (even we can do it in <1 sec).
In a realistic scenario, almost nobody (unless they're like Suzaku tiers) is stopping Jacob from clapping, like like almost nobody is stopping Dimaria from clicking her teeth. The happy thing was a gag, he could've clapped the entire fight but he didn't. For normal mages, either you are strong enough to resist, or you get one shot.

Also, even without clap hax, it should be a high diff battle based on everything else Jacob can do.
Let's not forget that Lucy was no diff/one shot material for Jacob in x792 (she was going to get killed before Natsu intervened). By pure stats.
Do you think Lucy has grown so much, to go from no diff material. to actually beating him in combat?

Yes

Star dress mix, Fairy Sphere, more experience in combat, more confidence in herself, more magic. and all this in one year. I see very likely an easy fight for Lucy.

Tartaros arc:

Mirajane just beat Seilah

Lucy contained Lamy and Torafuzar on her own, defeated Jackal (who was a difficult opponent for Natsu), and defeated Alegria.

I currently believe this:

Satan Soul =<Star dress

Halphas >> Star dress

Halphas =<Star dress mix

Sitri / Seilah >>> Star dress Mix

Alegria >> Star dress mix

Alegria <<<<<< Spiritual King + Star dress mix

It doesn't make sense to compare her to Natsu. at this point, except for Gildarts. I do not think there is someone who can defeat him in the guild neither now nor a year ago for the alvarez arc

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
We do not know the current level of Brandish vs Lucy. Your bases go back to a Lucy from the Alvarez arc, not the current one.

Excuse me, how many seed gods did Erza beat? What did Erza do in this arc other than flirting with Jellal and being defeated by Laxus?

Gray needed help from Juvia (and Lucy to keep the golems away) to defeat Metro.

I go back and reiterate both Lucy, Gray and Erza fought the moonlit beauty goddesses and the one who didn't need power-ups or a last minute memory was Lucy.
we know for sure that Brandish was holding back in that fight to make it convincing for others, high diff by Laxus, again, what is the point of bringing her up when she was unconscious the whole time when weaker members defeated the seeds with minimal effort, even Gray vs Metro wasn’t impressive since he didn’t use his full power like he did in Alvarez, Lucy did get power up with Spiritus to fight back like the others can, which she then have a little big of PoF stuff too.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Yes

Star dress mix, Fairy Sphere, more experience in combat, more confidence in herself, more magic. and all this in one year. I see very likely an easy fight for Lucy.
Yea no, current Lucy isn't above x792 base Natsu

Even if she is, she gets one shot within a second by Jacob's clap hax.

Lucy contained Lamy and Torafuzar on her own, defeated Jackal (who was a difficult opponent for Natsu), and defeated Alegria.
She didn't contain anything. She was toyed on by the demon gates in a battle where she was constantly running away. Saying she contained them is like saying she contained the Strass siblings in the spinoff

As for Jackal, she defeated him with Aquarius + her own MP.
You cannot scale her regular stardress to stardress with Aquarius' additional MP. That's like scaling regular LFD to the boost provided to LFD with Laxus' MP

I currently believe this:

Satan Soul =<Star dress

Halphas >> Star dress

Halphas =<Star dress mix

Sitri / Seilah >>> Star dress Mix

Alegria >> Star dress mix

Alegria <<<<<< Spiritual King + Star dress mix
Wrong

Satan Soul Mira >>> Stardress mix Lucy.
SS Mira (and Elfman) literally no sold her strongest attack that exhausted her MP

As for Spirit King, lets see.
Spirit King was base Mard tier back when she summoned it. Is Spirit King again shows up, I he's likely be a top tier as well.

It doesn't make sense to compare her to Natsu. at this point, except for Gildarts. I do not think there is someone who can defeat him in the guild neither now nor a year ago for the alvarez arc
I compared her to base Natsu. Base Natsu >> stardress mix Lucy

Base Natsu is below plenty of characters in the guild. Namely Gildarts, Laxus, Erza, Mira, DeS Gray, ISM Gajeel, and maybe even Lion mode Elfman

As for peak Natsu, which is DF, he's above everyone in the guild.

Aniokku

Reaction score
Country
Colombia
we know for sure that Brandish was holding back in that fight to make it convincing for others, high diff by Laxus, again, what is the point of bringing her up when she was unconscious the whole time when weaker members defeated the seeds with minimal effort, even Gray vs Metro wasn’t impressive since he didn’t use his full power like he did in Alvarez, Lucy did get power up with Spiritus to fight back like the others can, which she then have a little big of PoF stuff too.

Yes, and? I go back and repeat, we do not know what the current difference between Brandish and Lucy is. Since alvarez Lucy has grown a lot. Also wasn't Brandish the one who can't do anything against neinhart?
The same one that he was defeated with a single blow from Natsu?

The powers in the story arc of Alvarez and the spriggans are stupid. First they show us that Brandish who can disappear an island but later is useless against neinhart? Or ajeel who is supposed to consume a city in sand but Erza still beats him with some ease?

The power levels in this story arc are rubbish. For something he is the worst of all.

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Yes, and? I go back and repeat, we do not know what the current difference between Brandish and Lucy is. Since alvarez Lucy has grown a lot. Also wasn't Brandish the one who can't do anything against neinhart?
The same one that he was defeated with a single blow from Natsu?

The powers in the story arc of Alvarez and the spriggans are stupid. First they show us that Brandish who can disappear an island but later is useless against neinhart? Or ajeel who is supposed to consume a city in sand but Erza still beats him with some ease?

The power levels in this story arc are rubbish. For something he is the worst of all.
from what was shown so far, the different is still vast with how Brandish showed off her power, Neinhart was powered by Irene who was already above the standard Spriggan level, Neinhart is physically weaker than other spriggans, hence why he is in hiding, it is even said early on in the series that there are even limits and rules to magic, so it is no surprise that there are powers with rules, though I would say she could have grown big enough to put up a fight but anyway, Erza had outside help to defeat Ajeel and nearly killed her.

Aniokku

Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Yea no, current Lucy isn't above x792 base Natsu

Even if she is, she gets one shot within a second by Jacob's clap hax.

She didn't contain anything. She was toyed on by the demon gates in a battle where she was constantly running away. Saying she contained them is like saying she contained the Strass siblings in the spinoff

As for Jackal, she defeated him with Aquarius + her own MP.
You cannot scale her regular stardress to stardress with Aquarius' additional MP. That's like scaling regular LFD to the boost provided to LFD with Laxus' MP

Wrong

Satan Soul Mira >>> Stardress mix Lucy.
SS Mira (and Elfman) literally no sold her strongest attack that exhausted her MP

As for Spirit King, lets see.
Spirit King was base Mard tier back when she summoned it. Is Spirit King again shows up, I he's likely be a top tier as well.

I compared her to base Natsu. Base Natsu >> stardress mix Lucy

Base Natsu is below plenty of characters in the guild. Namely Gildarts, Laxus, Erza, Mira, DeS Gray, ISM Gajeel, and maybe even Lion mode Elfman

As for peak Natsu, which is DF, he's above everyone in the guild.
1)
In their first meeting, Jacob couldn't beat her. It can be said that he had her to the limit but only that. He also did not prove to be superior as Gajeel did on Phatom Lord, or Kain on Tenrou island over Lucy.

If Jacob is so strong, why couldn't he beat Lucy quickly?

The difference in that match was medium / high for Lucy. a Lucy without developing her star dress, and without other qualities that she has managed to obtain in YQ100.

2) Lucy's goal was to escape and thus somehow rescue the guild boys. And that he did successfully.

She perfectly contained Lamy and Torafuzar. It is until Jackal arrives that she was already overwhelmed but still she managed to turn the game around.
She obtained the first Star Dress from her (defeating Jackal) and summoned the spirit king (Destroying Alegria).

It is a great merit for her. I don't see how Mirajane could have done better under the same conditions.

3) Lucy's goal there was to contain Mirajane and the others, not to defeat them. and in the end Mirajane didn't beat Lucy either.
If Lucy was like Natsu, where he would give everything as he did against Gajeel. surely Mirajane would have lost.

Star dress mix >>> Satan Soul

4) The same base mode natsu who easily beat Neinhart with one hit?
And what did Jellal cost him to beat? Even base Natsu would be difficult for Mirajane or Gajeel or Elfman or Erza

from what was shown so far, the different is still vast with how Brandish showed off her power, Neinhart was powered by Irene who was already above the standard Spriggan level, Neinhart is physically weaker than other spriggans, hence why he is in hiding, it is even said early on in the series that there are even limits and rules to magic, so it is no surprise that there are powers with rules, though I would say she could have grown big enough to put up a fight but anyway, Erza had outside help to defeat Ajeel and nearly killed her.
Sure, Brandish was overwhelmed by Neinhart. but he loses from a natsu hit. OK

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
again, Neinhart is physically weak, even Brandish managed to affect Natsu despite having beaten Neinhart anyway, so that would mean that Natsu's MP < Brandish's MP < Neinhart's MP post enchantment.

Aniokku

Reaction score
Country
Colombia
again, Neinhart is physically weak, even Brandish managed to affect Natsu despite having beaten Neinhart anyway, so that would mean that Natsu's MP < Brandish's MP < Neinhart's MP post enchantment.
And I go back and say that Alvarez's power levels are stupid. Even if Neinhart has more MP than Natsu. that doesn't change the fact that he was defeated in one blow. and for this same reason. there is nothing to prove that Jacob can beat the current lucy

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
And I go back and say that Alvarez's power levels are stupid. Even if Neinhart has more MP than Natsu. that doesn't change the fact that he was defeated in one blow. and for this same reason. there is nothing to prove that Jacob can beat the current lucy
again I go back to where Neinhart is physically weak in comparison, he clearly can't use it to enhance his physical stats (for whatever reason), if anything it proves that Jacob closing his eyes does nerf his stats since he can't focus his magic

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
He just keeps hitting her til she dies, it's not really a big deal. Most villains don't actually put down good guys you know, just because Lucy tanked some hits from Jacob, while he was heavily preoccupied by Natsu mind you, doesn't mean Lucy can tank them forever. Also, nothing suggest Lucy can just allow Gemini to do the incantation while attacking herself, she needs to hold her hand, she needs to contribute her power. If it was that easy Lucy wouldn't have needed Aquarius's strategy and I think Mashima made it pretty clear that strategy was necessary. Also, Mimi's feats are significantly less impressive than Jacob's, so even if Lucy actually had Aquarius, nothing suggests it would be enough to stop Jacob like it did Mimi.

Jacob threw Natsu around as well and the hits Lucy was landing on Natsu were a joke to him, lets get real.
And sure, FDK was prob overkill for Jacob and LFD was almost certainly overkill for Lucy, in fact, Aquarius thought it would literally kill her

I'm the last one who'll say Jacob's attack power is good.... among those in his tier, doesn't mean he's so weak he can't put down the likes of Lucy. Oh, and Bloodman's attacks are fodder too, Levy was tanking them and his MBPs like nobodies business. Dimaria is also almost as bad, except for her beam attack maybe.
As for Satan Soul punch, didn't oneshot Jacob, he was tanking hits before that. Besides, Mira is Skullion tier, maybe above, Lucy isn't in the same realm as her, she's fodder even to the likes of Kyria. I think Urano would do the job on Jacob, because it's always let her hit outside her weightclass, but Jacob's feats of combat and speed are too good to let her cast it.
That's just it. I don't think Jacob can actually kill Lucy no matter how many times he hits her. Maybe if he cuts her neck with a knife, but certainly not with hand to hand alone. She's survived far worse than what she can dish out. Like I believe a single nuke from Hades does more damage than Jacob's entirely capable of dishing out.

I disagree about Bloodman and Dimaria have bad attack power among the Spriggans. They might not be in the same lane as Wall or God Serena, but they are probably good enough to contend with Invel or Ajeel. Jacob is like the inverse of Neinhart. Neinhart has good attack power, but poor durability. Jacob has good durability, but poor attack power. There are non-Spriggan characters from previous arcs that hit much harder than him, Makarov being on example.

Satan Soul punch did oneshot Jacob though. Yes, Jacob took shots before that, but it was from Mirajane with no takeovers. The anime makes it clear that one punch from Satan Soul beat him. Even in the manga, Mirajane wasn't using Satan Soul by the time Makarov used Fairy Law, which is hours into their fight, and the only panel of Mirajane actually using Satan Soul to fight him was when he got beat.