Jak Shadwin's attempt at Editing 002 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Jak Shadwin's attempt at Editing 002

Allashandra

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, It's a good attempt. A couple of things on this. When you resize the image to a height of 1100 pixels you use the top box 'pixel dimensions' like in this image.

You used the Document size box from what I can see, and now the image is to large. I think you might have slightly over rotated the page as the left border is now not straight. For some reason your page is also blurry. I don't know if you used a filter or what but the quality of the image has decreased as a result of the blurring effect. For the typesetting your font is two large for the text bubbles. You are crowding them and in some cases almost touching the lines of the text bubbles with your text. The sfx text on the left side of the page is placed poorly especially since that magnifies the fact that, that side of the page is not straight. Also there is not enough white space left between the panel and the edge of the page now to consider placing text there unless you have no other option and in this case you have other better options.

I hope this helps

Jak Shadwin

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Thanks for the feed back. And unfortunatly most of the stuff you pointed out I couldn't figure out how to fix. :darn

Also I'm useing GIMP so the screen shot you gave me isn't treibly useful for me but I think I can find the simular tool to what you're describing.

What font do people normally use? I tried like 4 or 5 and I thought they all looked like crap. Even the one I used in the end, I just thought that one looked less like crap than the others. Also I noticed in the answer for exercise one that its mentioned that you had to do 90% width on some of the text; how do you do that?

Thanks for the critiqe and help.

Allashandra

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Jak Shadwin said:
Thanks for the feed back. And unfortunatly most of the stuff you pointed out I couldn't figure out how to fix. :darn

Also I'm useing GIMP so the screen shot you gave me isn't treibly useful for me but I think I can find the simular tool to what you're describing.
Sorry for that I shouldn't make assumptions. Here is the thing I don't use Gimp so I have no idea how to guide you in Gimp except to tell you how I do it in Photoshop. Though I will ask someone I know who uses Gimp about the resize thing. Or maybe Eni knows and will pop in and share.

What font do people normally use? I tried like 4 or 5 and I thought they all looked like crap. Even the one I used in the end, I just thought that one looked less like crap than the others. Also I noticed in the answer for exercise one that its mentioned that you had to do 90% width on some of the text; how do you do that?

Thanks for the critiqe and help.
In many cases they use wild words. There are others of course. But the most common is wild words. www.blambot.com has a varity of comic fonts that you can download some of for free. I can show you how and describ it in photoshop but I don't know about gimp. I have a pallette called the characters pallette that allows me to adjust many things about the text including the width. Nytro's typesetting tutorial goes into line width adjusting pretty good but again it's for photoshop. And he has a link to Wold Words font file. Maybe if you read it you will beable to figure out how to do it in Gimp. Nytro

Good luck and I will see what I can dig up what I can about resizing pages in Gimp for you.

Edit: Gimp resizing tutorialIt looks pretty good.