Discussion - Jason Taylor wins defensive player of the year! | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Jason Taylor wins defensive player of the year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venom65437

With all the crap we've had lately, there is some good news. Our main man has earned his well deserved honor.

JASON TAYLOR IS THE DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR!

This is just great, he deserved it!

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/16388996.htm

And he's considering retiring? Jason, you're at the top of your game man, only thing to do now is to repeat.

BTW, Jason is only the second Dolphin to ever win the award, the other one was DE Doug Betters in 1983.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Bias anybody? At the very least you could've mentioned who won MVP and Rookie of the Year and everything else too, Josh, heh.

LaDainian Tomlinson, the Chargers' super running back (and the real "Eyeshield 21") won MVP, which was a no-brainer. Any running back who breaks the record for most scores in a year should always win MVP, imo. Nothing more important than the running game in football.

And the Titans' quarterback Vince Young wins Rookie of the Year much to my delight. He totally deserves it though, he's the only rookie quarterback to run over 500 yards and throw for over 1,000 yards in the same year but not only that, he willed the Titans to an even record, 8-8. He lost his magic against the New England defense but considering that the Pats usually do that to young quarterbacks, wasn't too surprising.

And Sean Payton of the Saints wins Coach of the Year, and he deserves that one too. I've never seen the Saints as good as they look this year before, and that they look like a Super Bowl contender after last year's Hurricane Katrina disaster is pretty amazing.

And then there's Chad Pennington, the Jets' quarterback and formerly my neighbor, who won Comeback Player of the Year after recovering from two shoulder injuries and managing to get his team into the playoffs. Good for him. I just wish he hadn't come back SO soon - the Titans were his first victim of 2006, bleh.

Venom65437

Uh, first when I posted this, I didn't KNOW who won any of the other awards.

Next, I made an error, Taylor is the third Phin, to win the award. Dick Anderson won it in 1973.

And I agree about the other award winners they definitely deserved it!

qwan3356

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Jason Taylor totally deserved it, he one of the only bright points for the Dolphins. I'm glad that Shawn Merrimon didn't get it, he wasn't "clean" !!

Venom65437

And even better news, Jason said today he'll be back next year!!! If the coach wants him, hahaha. I could see the conversation now.

"So coach, do you want the best defensive player in the league on your team?"

"Nope."

LoL.

Status
Not open for further replies.