Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Hmm. Not sure how I should go about on doing this. ^^;; Slightly scan related.
First non scan related: I'm up to the last volume of part III...T__T at the Vanilla Ice battle.
Now, scan related. This is the only place I could think about posting this. ^^;; If it's bad, then please edit anything of this out.
As some people know, Demonrin and I have picked Jojo up as a second series to do when we aren't doing Hellsing(which we're currently working on HQ tankobon scans for volume 9, which is more priority than the recent chapters, as a group called Hiranomoe is currently handling it very nicely). We were originally going to start from Part III to give higher quality versions of that, so people would have to say a "non-yellow" version. We even released a single chapter from volume 14 as say...a test. People liked it, but they wanted different, and Rin and I decided to go into some discussion. Due to popular demand, and because we feel the need to do this more. We decided to start releasing Part IV. People always say how the current ones are nearly unreadable. I myself haven't seen much of them, and certainly don't plan on it. But in the end, we decide to go full time on Part IV of Jojo! This will hopefully please many fans as they'll now have a more readable version. =O
We've been kinda slow with it, needless to say. Mostly translation wise, and thanks to many factors which throws us off coarse, like Smash Brothers Brawl for example. XD But, we have started to get more into line on the work.
One thing though, is image quality wise, it won't be HQ, sorry to say, as the raws we have have some slight issues with tones and such, and the pictures that used to be in colour in the magazine look especially off. We're mainly releasing using these raws until we're able to purchase the Part IV Kazenbans which we've desired for so long, as they provide possibly the best quality possible, coloured pages included!
I released these on another forum I go to, but I feel I should post them here too. Rin and I put together a quick sample to show that we are indeed working! It's only the first 8 (9 if split the spread) pages, but it's enough to show how they'll look (at least the pages that used to be colour, for example), as well as show translation wise how we'll do and compare.
And a note on translation.
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, as you know, is a very multi cultural series, ranging all around the world. Araki likes to illustrate this very well. Part IV, in itself, takes place pretty much in solely Japan. For that reason, we wish to preserve the aspects that Araki shows with around the world. Honorifics for example, remaining intact(will give notes when appropriate though), as well as certain words, like "senpai" for example. This also applies for the naming order, for example, Kujo Jotaro. A note on this, is in the raws for Part III, Araki did the naming order properly for everyone non-Japanese(Joseph Jotaro, for example), and when writing out Kakyoin's and Jotaro's names, wrote them in the Japanese order.
Also, a quick note on the usage of the word "fuck". I myself don't like reading Shonen manga filled pack with swears, when really, they are not needed, or the dialect is incorrect for it. But the thugs here in the sample are speaking very rude Japanese, and the language usage was the best way to show it. (Same will go with pretty much any character using quite rude Japanese, only using curses when deemed necessary, for example, Josuke, who speaks quite politely to the thugs questioning him, until at least they insult his hair, THEN he gets nasty. *Grin*) And there you have it!
So, without further a due, here they are!
Page 1
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/8710/drjojosample01kc7.png
Page 2
http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/893/drjojosample0203mb5.png
Page 3
http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/6017/drjojosample04uf8.png
Page 4
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/5522/drjojosample05gg1.png
Page 5
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/2766/drjojosample06wk0.png
Page 6
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/5457/drjojosample07km1.png
Page 7
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/8884/drjojosample08ti5.png
Page 8
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/9122/drjojosample09ip5.png
Enjoy, and look forward to our Full volume releases(as we don't wish to do single chapters)!!
-Zera