Shounen - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure by Araki Hirohiko | Page 8 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen JoJo's Bizarre Adventure by Araki Hirohiko

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I already changed the prefixes per your request.

[mod=Doraku]For JoJo new Anime discussion, you can discuss it on here. Have fun.[/mod]

Crude

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
After listening to the new anime's ending theme several times, I am now of the opinion that Araki Hirohiko really, really needs to provide the art for a rock album's cover!

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
And to add more badassery to Araki's persona, in case you haven't seen it yet:

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
You should probably give more insight on that one Doku :p

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Creator Meets Clint Eastwood

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure manga creator Hirohiko Araki met American actor and director Clint Eastwood earlier this year as part of the celebration for the manga's 25th anniversary. Araki used Eastwood as a model for the character Jotaro Kujo, protagonist of the story's Part 3.

Araki presented Eastwood with a framed copy of an original Jotaro Kujo illustration, and Eastwood returned the favor by posing as Jotaro. The illustration and pictures of the pair's meeting appear in the JOJOmenon mook (magazine-style illustrated volume), which shipped in Japan on October 5.

raDar

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
THAT. IS. PLAIN. BAD. ASS.:hip

Crude

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
So what's everyones favourite part?

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
So what's everyone's favourite part?
Diamond is Unbreakable is the most favorite part of Jojo for me. It has good protagonist, antagonist, and cast in general. In terms of story line I will argue that DIU is superior compared to the other part. The setting where the story goes also different compared to the other. If I could choose the second place, I will choose Battle Tendency.

Last edited:

Crude

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I think I agree with you. Diamond Is Unbreakable is just an all-around great story with great characters (particularly Yoshikage Kira). After that, I'd say Vento Aureo, mostly because of all the great battles. Jojolion is still pretty new, but it's been pretty interesting, if not weird and it could end up being another one of my favourites.

raDar

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
Ehh, for me I would say I enjoyed SBR the most, especially the first quarter or so. If we talk about the shounen Jojo, well I've only read until Part 3 and now more than halfway through Diamond, and I'll say I'm a bit torn with Battle Tendency and Diamond is Unbreakable. To be fair, I'll stick with SBR for now and wait 'til I finish DIU.

And JoJolion is pretty awesome too.:derp

Crude

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Damn they're looking good! I just hope that they don't draw Joseph's face the same way the draw Jonathan's. Jonathan's face looks downright ugly at times (whilst Dio always looks great). Personally I wish that the art would follow the style of parts IV, V and VI, but I like how the animation team is trying to meld all of the series's styles into one uniform style.

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Man, those Battle Tendency designs bring me back. The first part of JoJo was alright but never the part of the anime I was waiting for (that's Vento Aureo and Stone Ocean), but BT? Yeah, that's gonna be a nice thrillride through memory lane for me or whatnot.

Crude

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I love how 80's-tastic Lisa Lisa looks. And she's such a badass with those shades on!

Favourite Stand anyone? I really like Killer Queen, Purple Haze, and Jojolion's protagonist's is growing on me as well!

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Kiss, every time. I think it's the crown that does it for me.

though a solid second place goes to Soft & Wet, with its cool anchor motif

steadynco

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Only fairly recently got into the series after checking out the new anime adaptation of Phantom Blood and wow, was I hooked! Such a great series reflecting the author's unfettered imagination. So far I've read Parts 1, 2, 3 and 7.

I think Part 1 is fairly mild compared to the rest of the series but I think Araki was still wondering where to take the series. I liked the background on Dio and anime captured this part pretty well.

Part 2 was epic, Joseph is easily my favourite protagonist so far and the combat became more intense. I really liked Wham as one of the antagonists.

Part 3 seemed to be the most popular/well known due to anime and games based on it but personally, I thought it dragged on terribly.... The protagonists were great but I didn't care for chapters upon chapters of random Dio underlings (who pop out of nowhere) systematically assaulting the main party, with their minimal character development and their usual defeat after 2-3 chapters...it became a real chore to read after a while.

Part 7 (Steel Ball Run) might be my favourite, I really loved the story and the characters (esp. Funny Valentine). Fairly decent character development and interactions too, of both protagonists and antagonists. I found the last few chapters a bit odd/random but I love Dio so it was all very satisfactory =).

Might read Part 5 next..

Crude

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
^ Read Part 4, I'm sure you'll love it! Plus you kind of need to read it so as to understand the beginning of Part 5 :D

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Also then if you don't feel like reading parts 5 and 6 part 4 is totally good for getting what Araki's doing with JoJoLion.

basically part 4 is pretty crucial.

steadynco

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Okay okay, I'll give Part 4 a try now, it's just Josuke didn't grab me...haha. Will let you all know what my favourite stand is soon.

Last edited:

TheAmericandream

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi there, I'm normally in the HunterxHunter thread, but figured I'd check out the JoJo's section since I'm a big jojo fanboy too.

If you can folks, don't dare read the Duwang scans for part 4, new ones were done here: http://www.mangatraders.com/view/file/47868

Part 4 is easily my favorite, and I find the previous scans (which you find on most other sites) turn folks away, its well worth the read if you ask me, though generally speaking steadynco JoJo parts 3-4-5 all have LOTS of "henchmen" fights, though I think it works a bit better in part 4 where the characters stick around and are not just random goons. That being said I enjoy some of the part 3 villains personally (moreso the ones you meet in Egypt) and Steely Dan with the Lovers.