Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 150 Discussion

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
Maybe a weird theory (Not sure if it has been mentioned already :hmm), but as badass as Maki is right now, could she have been cursed by Mai? Nanami said it before he died, he had to be careful on which words to say to Yuji so that he does not end up being cursed (Which is why he settled on the words 'I leave the rest to you.'
Mai's last words were 'Destroy everything'. Which applies to the Zenin clan (I am guessing), so that means that Megumi would also be in her radar, right?
And with the obvious parallels to Toji, at the end Toji had become a pure fighting animal. Driven by purely instinct. The same could be happening to Maki now.

Probably not the case, but its something I thought off after reading the chapter.
 

Epic_Rider

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2009
Messages
1,698
Reaction score
1,832
Gender
Male
Country
Jamaica
Maybe a weird theory (Not sure if it has been mentioned already :hmm), but as badass as Maki is right now, could she have been cursed by Mai? Nanami said it before he died, he had to be careful on which words to say to Yuji so that he does not end up being cursed (Which is why he settled on the words 'I leave the rest to you.'
Mai's last words were 'Destroy everything'. Which applies to the Zenin clan (I am guessing), so that means that Megumi would also be in her radar, right?
And with the obvious parallels to Toji, at the end Toji had become a pure fighting animal. Driven by purely instinct. The same could be happening to Maki now.

Probably not the case, but its something I thought off after reading the chapter.
When Nanami was talking about cursing Yuji, he was being metaphorical. He didn't want to tell Yuji something that would have an adverse affect on his life, like what Yaga said did to Gakuganji. It could very well be said that what Mai said to Maki was a curse as well.

This chapter was much better than I thought and we're getting even more! I actually don't care for the members of this clan. This is all about Maki and her developement.

Naoya has got to be stronger than his father, though, in order to keep up with Maki. Someone mentioned domain expansion and that is a good guess, but I'm not sure how that would work out. Like, what would that do? Instantly capture her in a fram? Maybe I've misunderstood the technique but seems as if all powers aren't capable of producing domain expansion. Another technique could be a Maximum technique.

I also like the fact that Toji, Naoya and Maki look similar.
As others have mentioned, there is absolutely no way Naoya has Domain Expansion, since he would have used it against Choso. Maybe he'll lucky and learn it mid fight like Megumi, but I doubt it.

Projection Sorcery specializes in high speed so Naoya could possibly do better against Maki then the rest of them because of that, though I doubt he could finish her off.
 

sazon

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 24, 2019
Messages
5,318
Reaction score
12,851
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Maybe a weird theory (Not sure if it has been mentioned already :hmm), but as badass as Maki is right now, could she have been cursed by Mai? Nanami said it before he died, he had to be careful on which words to say to Yuji so that he does not end up being cursed (Which is why he settled on the words 'I leave the rest to you.'
Mai's last words were 'Destroy everything'. Which applies to the Zenin clan (I am guessing), so that means that Megumi would also be in her radar, right?
And with the obvious parallels to Toji, at the end Toji had become a pure fighting animal. Driven by purely instinct. The same could be happening to Maki now.

Probably not the case, but its something I thought off after reading the chapter.
I think Mai is more likely to have cursed the Zen'in clan than Maki itself.
 

Ero-Sanji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 25, 2009
Messages
3,195
Reaction score
2,554
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
As others have mentioned, there is absolutely no way Naoya has Domain Expansion, since he would have used it against Choso. Maybe he'll lucky and learn it mid fight like Megumi, but I doubt it.
Agreed. But what would that domain expansion look like? Mei Mei can control crows, how would her domain expansion look like? A room filled with crows to control? Or Aoi Todo and his Boogiewoogie? I feel like we need a better delineation of the technique.
 

requiem46

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2006
Messages
457
Reaction score
478
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
Spain
you know, everyone seems to be all "Wow" at Maki's rampage, and of course that part is impressive. But what really gets to me is how she is basically emotionless while at it. Like, not showing sadness, or rage, or even crazy laughter. In fact, the only hints we get as to what is she thinking are:

- She doesn't remember what she was going to do (which most likely refers to her life target of changing the clan so that her sister could feel that she belonged in there),

- She recalls Mai's words about having just stayed in the Zenin clan as servants and thinks that this would have been the good path for them, and apologizes to Mai <- We saw at the Kyoto exchange arc that Maki thought that she would have hated such a life, but now she wishes she had chosen that missery rather than how she's feeling now.

- Answers Naoya "heartless" comment by saying that they took her heart -self explanatory.

All in all, I present to you a truly broken character, and not precisely in the fighting potential sense (granted she's pretty broken in that with the heavenly restriction) :(
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,560
Reaction score
11,297
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
It must be said that it was the Zenin who started the hostilities ....
 

Zehahaha

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
8,501
Reaction score
5,714
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
I found it funny that Toji could've apparently wiped out the Zenin clan but chose not to. Makes me wonder why considering how he hated the Jujutsu society.

Again I don't think Naoya will die somehow, but it will be interesting to see the two clash against each other.
 

MonsterEnvy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2010
Messages
733
Reaction score
207
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I found it funny that Toji could've apparently wiped out the Zenin clan but chose not to. Makes me wonder why considering how he hated the Jujutsu society.

Again I don't think Naoya will die somehow, but it will be interesting to see the two clash against each other.
He probably did not have it in him to attack to try and kill his family despite how shitty they treated him. Unlike Maki they never tried to kill Toji.
 

KimCorrea

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2016
Messages
740
Reaction score
815
Age
40
Country
Brazil
This must be the best chapter I read on any manga for awhile.
This is the real clan slaughtering. I'm not an anime person but I really want to see that animated.
 

ShiranuiShiranai

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2017
Messages
165
Reaction score
371
Age
32
Country
Philippines
Maki went on full Kill Bill vol. 1 on the Zen'in clan. Fighting the Kukuru Unit reminds me of the Bride vs. Crazy 88.
This chapter is insane and would definitely be one of the fights I'll anticipate to be animated.
 

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,926
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, I agree this moment would look insane when it's animated (especially considering the animation we got so far was so nice).

Good chapter, I love how Maki is an absolute boss in this one and works her way through the family like it's nothing.
 

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
21,075
Age
28
Gender
Female
Country
Argentina
Megumi: idk not feeling like to lead the clan
Maki: ok worry not (:

Just like the previous chapter this is boh badass and tragic. Maki is insane (loving it) and after hating on a clan so much this gives mixed feelings to read; I feel that any other shonen would have probably made Maki succed and being respected by her clan, and her wish for her and Mai having a place there to be true. But all of that was just wishful thinking and Maki never managed to that, and it lead her to this. It's both epic and tragic to me.

Also that last dialogue "don't you have a heart? / no, it was taken from me" gives chills, probably one of my favorite lines in the series now.
 
Top