Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 151 Discussion

animeangryfan4

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2019
Messages
877
Reaction score
512
Age
37
Country
Sweden
So in the end she destroyed teh clan and left Naoya alive? maybe that was a cruel mercy, as he had bullied her and now she bulied him by leaving him alive. And wy did he look up to Toji though? Was not Toji anything naoya disliked or was he jsut cruelt o Maki cause she was a woman as well as had nto sorcery powers?
Well, Maki went beast and pretty much snapped. Now I just hope she realises that she is not alone in this paon. And that she finds the weapons she needs. Cause situation are tragic enough, Yuta needs to be there for her.
 

A$APBog

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2021
Messages
374
Reaction score
348
Age
29
Country
France
Really, Toji could destroy any member of the Zenin Clan and was able to solo a Special Grade Curse like it was nothing...

How the fuck can he be considered as a failure even without curse energy...
 

Jhonathan

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2019
Messages
337
Reaction score
387
Age
25
Country
Brazil
His uncles were too.

Certainly he does not survive because after all he is good,


Even if he survives, his looks are death.
 

Lord Traffy Law

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 27, 2018
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
3,519
Age
31
Country
United Kingdom
damn special grade toji confirmed, he was special special for reals
him allowing the clan walk over him is interesting but I get it, the world has traditions , for him killing them won't solve much and he left them on a whim
 

Jhonathan

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2019
Messages
337
Reaction score
387
Age
25
Country
Brazil
Which is exactly a point :hee
I like the irony.

But at the same time. Man, Toji and Maki heavenly restriction is too OP. I don't think that being OP is exactly a problem, but one of the top clans being so weak, is something that I'm not too fond of. We can say that the prejudice the Zenin had against Toji, and maki was a product of living in a environment build on the base of racial supremacy, where your value is defined by your genes. It doesn't matter that they, Maki and Toji, were strong or capable, they weren't born with the "right" genes, so they were lesser than the other members. But, the fact that one of the three top clans was able to lose to a single Maki, without her needing to use any special tool or strategy, is a problem, because this put the clans relevance and power in question. The other clans would need to have something extremely powerful, quasi-gojo, to even be able to pose a threat to the protagonists, and now that the gates are open, there's not much holding the protagonists back when it comes to fight and cutting off the clans and elders
But not all is bad, since now we can see what Toji and Satou were trying to avoid, when they chose to not destroy the status quo through power
 
Last edited:

Riverskull

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2020
Messages
200
Reaction score
242
Age
31
Country
Fire Nation
Projection Sorcery is such a goated technique ngl
 

Equaling Heaven

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2017
Messages
472
Reaction score
1,574
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Maki destroyed the entire clan and here was I thinkin she would bail out for the moment or get help from Okkotsu. But this fight man, I can't wait for this on the anime. Those panels were insanely good.
 

Jorden Rivera

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2017
Messages
392
Reaction score
724
Age
29
Country
United States
Projection Sorcery is kinda busted. If Naoya had actually found Megumi, he probably would have slaughtered him (excluding Mahoraga of course). This fight is really cool though, like the paneling is sick. People are gonna give Naoya shit for how the fight ends, but he was putting in work, Maki is just OP right now.

The Zenin arc apparently ends here, so I do hope that we catch up with other characters. I really want to see Inumaki, we haven't seen him in like 50 chapters and last we heard he got his arm cut off by Sukuna. I also wouldn't mind seeing the other clans. The Zenin clan ending up being a little underwhelming (not so much in terms of power, more so in character. I was hoping for more personalities other than assholes). But again there's a bunch of characters we could focus on next (like Todo, the kyoto students, maybe finally nobara). There's a lot of stuff we can do before the culling games start.
 

Equaling Heaven

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2017
Messages
472
Reaction score
1,574
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Agree with most of what you said, but since Naobito himself was kind of an asshole I wasn't expecting less from his 'underlings'.
 

Static

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
5,918
Reaction score
10,237
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
India
Agree with most of what you said, but since Naobito himself was kind of an asshole I wasn't expecting less from his 'underlings'.
Tbh Naobito, while still a jerk, was still less asshole than the other Zen'ins. He even protected Maki from Dagon's attack back in Shibuya. I don't think any other Zen'in would have done it lol.
 

Neala897

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 12, 2018
Messages
3,972
Reaction score
2,639
Age
36
Country
Russian Federation
Tbh Naobito, while still a jerk, was still less asshole than the other Zen'ins. He even protected Maki from Dagon's attack back in Shibuya. I don't think any other Zen'in would have done it lol.
Honestly from Maki flashback in Kyoto exchange arc I got feeling than Naobito was impressed with her
 

Tatsumaki

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2016
Messages
598
Reaction score
4,085
Gender
Female
Country
France
What a chapter !
With this Maki has destroyed the Zenin clan. (Too bad I wanted to Megumi as the head :( hopefully he starts a clan of his own)

The more flashback we get of Toji, the more I like the guy. Too bad he's dead (less they bring him back A-GAIN).

Naoya got dealt with quickly and his ego will never recover from this. This is enough to make my day. :fan

Hope we'll get back to the main squad and the culling game now.
 

Ero-Sanji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 25, 2009
Messages
3,195
Reaction score
2,554
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Toji is the best. Love that dude, and I love how Gege has been able to tell so much with a dude who has been dead for a very long time when this story begun.

I wonder though what Maki's own culling does to the politics of the world. Yes, Naoya, Maki and Megumi are a formidable force, but they wouldn't cooperate nor do I think Megumi, let alone Maki, would want to fight for the clan. The Kamo's should be running stuff now. Also, could we see the beginning of a redemption arc for Naoya. He's so strong, extremely cocky, but he survived and he acknowledges strength when he sees it. I think these two arcs is a setup for a new Zenin.
 
Last edited:

Equaling Heaven

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2017
Messages
472
Reaction score
1,574
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Toji is the best. Love that dude, and I love how Gege has been able to tell so much with a dude who has been dead for a very long time when this story begun.

I wonder though what Maki's own culling does to the politics of the world. Yes, Naoya, Maki and Megumi are a formidable force, but they wouldn't cooperate nor do I think Megumi, let alone Maki, would want to fight for the clan. The Kamo's should be running stuff now. Also, could we see the beginning of a redemption arc for Naoya. He's so strong, extremely cocky, but he survived and he acknowledges strength when he sees it. I think these two arcs is a setup for a new Zenin.
I like how you see things. Gege could potentially force a change of heart into Naoya now that he saw Maki isn't a fake and she wasn't lookin down on him - it was the opposite. Buuuut with Kenjaku around we could also imagine that he would forge a new alliance seekin for vengeance. Both routes are cliche imho but I don't want the Zenin technique to be lost.
 

Zehahaha

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
8,500
Reaction score
5,713
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Shame we didn't get more of Toji, but oh well

While I do think Naoya is an absolute piece of shit, but somehow he seems better compared to Ogi, so that's something. I think it was a good chapter, curious to see what's next.
 

Ero-Sanji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 25, 2009
Messages
3,195
Reaction score
2,554
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I like how you see things. Gege could potentially force a change of heart into Naoya now that he saw Maki isn't a fake and she wasn't lookin down on him - it was the opposite. Buuuut with Kenjaku around we could also imagine that he would forge a new alliance seekin for vengeance. Both routes are cliche imho but I don't want the Zenin technique to be lost.
I completely forgot about Kenjaku, that person is manipulative as can be and he could probably teach Naoya a technique or two. However, the technique shouldn't be lost unless Naobito got it from his mother and that mother didn't give birth to Ogi and Toji's father. It's just like Megumi's tech lives on in Maki's and Naoya's genes.
 

requiem46

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2006
Messages
457
Reaction score
478
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
Spain
Maki has only killed the men/fighters who came at her, but she hasn't hurt the children or the women (and she hasn't even killed her jerk of a cousin). Therefore, there is a Zenin clan for Megumi to lead once the shitstorm passes (if it does and we have some kind of happy ending), although they've lost a lot of sorcerers.

Ironically, the sexist Zenin clan will now have to rely on all the female sorcerers that it had been mistreating if they need firepower, who were probably forced to be servants or a lower tier unit than the one Maki owned last chapter (we were told that all the men who had no cursed techniques were part of that division).

Considering that the most powerful people in the family will be Megumi and Naoya (I think Maki will self exile) + The female sorcerers in the Zenin family, this allows Megumi to reform the Zenin clan to be a much more equal clan that treats its women better (since they will be the majority of their firepower for a while), and a better place for people to be born in. At least I hope so
 
Last edited:
Top