Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 152 Discussion

Riverskull

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2020
Messages
200
Reaction score
242
Age
31
Country
Fire Nation
The mother surely is a tragic individual, she may have been robotized by these assholes for god knows how many years, getting rid of any sign of personality and free will, to the point she even became incapacited of express her feelings for her childs. And that lack of comunication is what got her killed.

If she had managed to communicate with her childs properly, and make them known they werent alone, even if thats all she could do for them, she would have lived, but instead, she choose that cold approach that made Maki take her as an accomplise.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,549
Reaction score
11,289
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

 

Ero-Sanji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 25, 2009
Messages
3,195
Reaction score
2,554
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Oh! So there are other Gojos. That's exciting. I wonder if they're as degenerate as the Zen'ins. I do wonder though what Maki told her mother? Perhaps she allowed her mother some form of revenge for the treatment that she and her daughters endured. Also, why was she bleeding like that?
 

zafool974

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2018
Messages
289
Reaction score
307
Age
39
Country
France
Damn Maki don't f**k around. I love the fact that she takes Toji's mantle now and she's ruthless. I wonder if Yuta has a chance but I guess it is the case since he was so hyped but we still don't know much about his powers.

The Gojos and Kamos top elites are going to enter the stage soon, that's cool. I really liked this arc about the Zenin and aport from Ougi, I really liked the other one, too bad he was gone as soon as he revealed his powers. It makes me think about when Bleach explored the great families of Soul Society.

The author is going to take a break. He should take a break every 3 weeks like Oda. I'm glad the editors are not pushing him like they did Kubo or Togashi. Mangaka should take their time and so should anime productions.
 

leiatte

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
312
Reaction score
232
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I just caught up to the manga & I wasn’t expecting maki’s plot to unfold like this! Pretty crazy, Jujutsu Kaisen was pretty balanced in the beginning. Pretty dark now as a series

I find it a bit strange that the Zenin’s deaths were ruled as natural causes. I guess since they are willing to remove them from their position as one of the 3 great houses, they may not have done their due diligence. The amount of people in the clan that passed is really high.

I hope Akutami is alright, they deserve this break & this chapter did feel a bit quickly paced as well. Great series though
 

Equaling Heaven

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2017
Messages
472
Reaction score
1,574
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
A very good chapter when it comes to the conclusion of an arc/plot hole, but the fact that in the end the old hag suddenly became a bright mother figure made me vomit. Social media have this need to make mothers seems like angels and fathers the demons, when it's not always the case.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Btw I'm kind of confused about the Gojos situation. We've been told all this time that the "Currently, the Gojo Family is just the one-man presence of Satoru Gojo, the world's strongest sorcerer."

I might have got it wrong, because till now I thought he was it's only member. Which would make no sense tho, because the guy needed to be born from his parents who also had parents, and this goed on and on. Guess in fact he was the only one with influence due to all the inheritance (possessing both of the family supreme techniques), thus making the rest of the family lurk and wait for the birth of a new "Satoru". They are now acting because Satoru is sealed and are probably hoping for his death.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I just caught up to the manga & I wasn’t expecting maki’s plot to unfold like this! Pretty crazy, Jujutsu Kaisen was pretty balanced in the beginning. Pretty dark now as a series

I find it a bit strange that the Zenin’s deaths were ruled as natural causes. I guess since they are willing to remove them from their position as one of the 3 great houses, they may not have done their due diligence. The amount of people in the clan that passed is really high.

I hope Akutami is alright, they deserve this break & this chapter did feel a bit quickly paced as well. Great series though
Jujutsu society is like things happens in real world. The governaments will hide pivotal and true information from the mass so they can manipulate things as they want. Gojo all this time wanted to change the corrupted higher-ups who hold reigns of the society, and he could if he wanted by moving into a massacre, but he wish to make things different. Rising a new "team" with people who aren't shady and dirty.
 

Jorden Rivera

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2017
Messages
392
Reaction score
724
Age
29
Country
United States
Btw I'm kind of confused about the Gojos situation. We've been told all this time that the "Currently, the Gojo Family is just the one-man presence of Satoru Gojo, the world's strongest sorcerer."

I might have got it wrong, because till now I thought he was it's only member. Which would make no sense tho, because the guy needed to be born from his parents who also had parents, and this goed on and on. Guess in fact he was the only one with influence due to all the inheritance (possessing both of the family supreme techniques), thus making the rest of the family lurk and wait for the birth of a new "Satoru". They are now acting because Satoru is sealed and are probably hoping for his death.
When Ino (I think he was the one who explained it) said that he meant that Gojo was the most powerful and influential member of the Gojo family. There are other members we just haven't seen them, and Gojo was the one holding everything together. I doubt they'd be hoping for his death, so I'd imagine that they might have a plan on the low to save him (considering the mandate from the higher ups saying that undoing his seal is a criminal act).
 

Equaling Heaven

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2017
Messages
472
Reaction score
1,574
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
When the decision was taken by the higher-ups to remove the Zenin from the big three, the Gojos were said to be amidst it. When they named Gojo an accomplice, it also was said to came from the higher-ups. This is where my bet on they (Satoru's own clan) wanting to remove Gojo came from.

You can read both the recent chapter and hard and white iirc. Both orders, Gojo Satoru incrimination and removal of the Zenin from the big three, came from the headquarters. Possibility from it being a more votes win case, and even if the Gojos were against the decision taken against Satoru but had to go since the majority won exist tho. I just don't want to exclude the possibility of the Gojos having their own agenda which might be opposing Satoru.
 

Ero-Sanji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 25, 2009
Messages
3,195
Reaction score
2,554
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
There's absolutely the possibility that the Gojo's wanted to get rid of him. He's the undisputed leader of their clan, other members could court that position.

On the contrary, getting rid of him is extremely pernicious to the clan. He's a Gojo still, he identifies with the clan and would protect it should it ever get in harms way. Look how eager the Zen'in were to get a hold of Megumi or the Kamo of Noritoshi, for that matter. Seeing how the latter two families have now acquiered their most powerful techniques it would only be a matter of time before they grew stronger than a Satoru-less Gojo family.
 

Equaling Heaven

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2017
Messages
472
Reaction score
1,574
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
"Gojo is also known to have two overarching abilities, being the first in four hundred years to have both the Six Eyes and the Gojo family's Limitless cursed technique."

Doesn't mean other clan members can't have either techniques, they just wouldn't be able to exercise the same output. I can give you a rifle (limitless) and you still might wrrak havoc with it, just not as good as someone with training (six eyes). Gojo dying would force a new clan member being born with both and maybe they could use this to their advantage somehow. And there's also the point that if the Gojos were aligned with Gojo, him being the strongest, wouldn't they move to the same goal and have the same pov from the go? Why are they hiding in the shadows when the Kamos and Zenin aren't?

I'm not saying I'm right and everyone else is wrong, but I work with data and I just can't discard a possibility until it's tested or something alike.
 

Static

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
5,918
Reaction score
10,237
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
India
"Gojo is also known to have two overarching abilities, being the first in four hundred years to have both the Six Eyes and the Gojo family's Limitless cursed technique."

Doesn't mean other clan members can't have either techniques, they just wouldn't be able to exercise the same output. I can give you a rifle (limitless) and you still might wrrak havoc with it, just not as good as someone with training (six eyes). Gojo dying would force a new clan member being born with both and maybe they could use this to their advantage somehow. And there's also the point that if the Gojos were aligned with Gojo, him being the strongest, wouldn't they move to the same goal and have the same pov from the go? Why are they hiding in the shadows when the Kamos and Zenin aren't?

I'm not saying I'm right and everyone else is wrong, but I work with data and I just can't discard a possibility until it's tested or something alike.
They know Gojo can't die though. He's been sealed, so another user with the Six Eyes + Limitless can't be born until he gets unsealed and dies (of old age or by whatever other means), so if they truly wanted more control through another user of the Six Eyes, they'd have to wait until Gojo died of old age (since no one can really kill him, other than Sukuna).
 

Equaling Heaven

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2017
Messages
472
Reaction score
1,574
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
They know Gojo can't die though. He's been sealed, so another user with the Six Eyes + Limitless can't be born until he gets unsealed and dies (of old age or by whatever other means), so if they truly wanted more control through another user of the Six Eyes, they'd have to wait until Gojo died of old age (since no one can really kill him, other than Sukuna).
I'm aware that another six eyes + limitless can't born unless Gojo die. It's pointed out in my other reply.
Let's also not forget that Gojo is the one that destroyed the methods of his unsealing as pointed out by Tengen. And suddenly they put out an order so none can free the man - they (the headquarters) probably want to do it themselves. And Gojo knwoing his friends would look for an unorthodox way to free him so they can solve this matter might also be a hint.
 

Ero-Sanji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 25, 2009
Messages
3,195
Reaction score
2,554
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Sukuna is not the only one who'll be able to kill Saturo, though. Megumi will as well. That's why Gojo brought up that their ancestors fought each other to the death. There's also the theoretical possibility that Noritoshi Kamo might reach this level of strength as well.
 

Zehahaha

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
8,500
Reaction score
5,713
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Good chapter. I thought Naoya would survive so wasn't expecting this development. Also thanks to Gege for making sure this story is covered before the break, I thought that was very nice.

I wonder if we will move to Yuta in the next chapters. I would be interested to see him enter the culling zones.
 

Riverskull

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2020
Messages
200
Reaction score
242
Age
31
Country
Fire Nation
Good chapter. I thought Naoya would survive so wasn't expecting this development. Also thanks to Gege for making sure this story is covered before the break, I thought that was very nice.

I wonder if we will move to Yuta in the next chapters. I would be interested to see him enter the culling zones.
I think we will move to Hakari recruitment next
 

Static

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
5,918
Reaction score
10,237
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
India
I would prefer if we got more details on Toge tbh. We already got a mini arc for both Panda and Maki, so why not him?
 

Will19

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 30, 2020
Messages
32
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Doesn't it seem too obvious "Sorcerers can become Vengeful spirits if they are killed without cursed energy and have cursed deaths" it fits Naoya like a glove.
The reason I think this might be possible is because Projection Sorcery seems like something Gege has put quite a bit of thought into.
 

Jorden Rivera

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2017
Messages
392
Reaction score
724
Age
29
Country
United States
I just remembered something that made me laugh. One of Naoya's first lines in the series was "Any women that can't walk three steps behind a man should get stabbed in the back and die" LOL:XD. I'm almost positive that this was always Gege's plan for Naoya's death, I'm wondering if he had more for the mother, but either ran out of time or just didn't feel like drawing it. Either way, that one line makes Naoya's death funnier to me.
 

Neala897

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 12, 2018
Messages
3,971
Reaction score
2,639
Age
36
Country
Russian Federation
I'm almost positive that this was always Gege's plan for Naoya's death, I'm wondering if he had more for the mother, but either ran out of time or just didn't feel like drawing it. Either way, that one makes Naoya's death funnier to me.
Exactly the problem. Like she just appeared and killed him. I understand he is hated but it isnt going to change the fact that it feels like mehish move.
 
Top