Hangout Jujutsu Kaisen Hangout Thread

lexx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2006
Messages
803
Reaction score
520
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Oof. The comparisons to Bleach are just too good to ignore:
  • both Yuji and Ichigo are unique hybrid existences with some sort of greater potential that is only hinted at and never properly explored.
  • both Bleach and JJK's world have an apocalyptic, world changing event - merging of the three realms, destruction of Soul Society due to the Soul King's death, and end of the reincarnation cycle in Bleach, Tengen's forced merger with humanity in JJK - that...well...may have been too ambitious for the author or the title and is ultimately forgotten and abandoned.
  • both Yuji and Ichigo beat their godlike opponent...somehow... and in an unsatisfying manner, though I can't imagine JJK's conclusion to the fight being worse than Bleach's, but Gege has never failed to disappoint when it comes to anticlimactic conclusions to hyped up battles.
 

Byakuya769

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2020
Messages
59
Reaction score
81
Country
United States
I always said it was Bleach done right.. now is it just Bleach done more quickly? 😢
 

Battle Wolf

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2010
Messages
1,048
Reaction score
779
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Some people like happy ending manga with everyone surviving or being reincarnated... This kind of stuff.

JJK did great until now, ppl dying are part of the plot, Yuji is the MC and only him can make it to the end IMO, him defeating Sukuna doesnt necessarily makes him the strongest JJS, but all the events until now culminated that he can do this and this is whats makes me like JJK (until now, don't let me down Gege)
 

thedude

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2014
Messages
2,256
Reaction score
3,045
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This manga lost me at the Shibuya arc, but dipping in it's stunning how much worse it got. Like they introduced a random ass tournament arc and just said "eh, lets just end it". So there has been next to no actual story for a quarter of the manga now, just confusing as hell battles. "oh, it's the domain, i'll reverse it and then do my domain! haha!...oh no, he reversed it with that secret domain and now I need to use my other domain again"

It's all gibberish. I thought Naruto and Bleach had bad endings, but they actually still stuck with a semblance of a story. This? It's just utter nonsense.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,847
Reaction score
23,514
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So, I have a question. Quit this manga a while ago but saw some spoilers and saw a character returned peaked my interest a little. Read the latest chapter and I'm aware the series is ending very very soon. I'll probably read the end out of curiosity pretty much regardless,

My question is, is it worth catching up? Do you think there is enough good stuff in the lead up to this to make it worth reading to the point to where the story is now? Or should I just read a summary or something while reading how it ends. What would your recommendation on that be?

For context I quit after the Maki stuff that happened after the Shibuya arc. And from conversations I have a general knowledge of who is dead and such. Though not specifics.
 

Kanmuru

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2014
Messages
515
Reaction score
743
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
So, I have a question. Quit this manga a while ago but saw some spoilers and saw a character returned peaked my interest a little. Read the latest chapter and I'm aware the series is ending very very soon. I'll probably read the end out of curiosity pretty much regardless,

My question is, is it worth catching up? Do you think there is enough good stuff in the lead up to this to make it worth reading to the point to where the story is now? Or should I just read a summary or something while reading how it ends. What would your recommendation on that be?

For context I quit after the Maki stuff that happened after the Shibuya arc. And from conversations I have a general knowledge of who is dead and such. Though not specifics.
Just read Gojo vs Sukuna if you care about that. I can't recommend culling games to anyone.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,847
Reaction score
23,514
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Just read Gojo vs Sukuna if you care about that. I can't recommend culling games to anyone.
Would happen to know the starting chapter of that?
 

Kanmuru

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2014
Messages
515
Reaction score
743
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I really love this panel so I did Gojo in my style, enjoy!

 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,543
Reaction score
11,285
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Some extra page from the last volume:









--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---




Gege's message
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Epilogue
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,543
Reaction score
11,285
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,543
Reaction score
11,285
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Was this released ?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Was this released ?
April 19, 2025 (Sat) - June 9, 2025 (Mon)
@ Grand Front Osaka North Building

--- Double Post Merged, ---

--- Double Post Merged, ---

Translated info here:

--- Double Post Merged, ---


--- Double Post Merged, ---


--- Double Post Merged, ---

 
Top