Discussion Jump Festa

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
If you weren't aware, Jump Festa happened the last 2 days, so here's a summary of Oda's message at the OP panel as well as some other photos:

Official Translation from Eiichiro Oda Staff Account (credits to ScotchInformer@AP):

 

Grandmaster Woro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2018
Messages
1,227
Reaction score
751
Age
41
Country
Austria
Is is just me or the stampede movie villain would just be another huge-sized guy? I mean we already have that on Gold movie. Would be boring to have same situation.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Is is just me or the stampede movie villain would just be another huge-sized guy? I mean we already have that on Gold movie. Would be boring to have same situation.
From the initial teaser poster or whatever, it looks as if it's another mecha involved in the film but I hope not.
 

nik87

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 25, 2016
Messages
3,658
Reaction score
3,348
Country
The Wall
"Hello, everyone who came to Jump Festa! This is your King speaking! Actually, I lied. This is Oda. The year of the 20th anniversary of the One Piece TV series really hit us with all its fury. There have been tons of events, illustrations, films, the whole thing was jam-packed, huh!
I would like to use this chance to seriously thank everyone who took the time to join in!" To all the staff involved in all of this: Great work, everybody! Now you can finally rest. But, well... As for the source material, I don't think I'll have any time to rest myself. In fact, I've already destroyed all my own chances at a break!

Are you enjoying the adventures of Kouzuki Oden so far? I've been worried about revealing spoilers in this arc, so I've been super careful drawing it. If I don't keep myself in check, I'll end up plotting out the entire rest of One Piece's story right there. [Note: He probably means spoiling so much, that everybody is gonna be able to guess the ending.]
While I'm showing all these flashbacks, Luffy's party's adventures are having their stakes risen as well. They'll soon be faced with the reality that you have to bring sacrifices to fight for the things you believe in!! Well, of course, Luffy is not the sort of person to think about those sorts of things though.

The Wano Kuni arc is finally moving towards its climax as well!! I've been looking forwards to drawing Wano Kuni a lot, so I'm psyched! And once it's over, things are going to be grim. Sabo will...!! Vivi will...!! Hancock will...!! AAAAAAAA...!!!
OK. Last but not least, the exhibition you all came here for is just about to begin! Please take a close look at everything!! The next year of One Piece will also be SO, SO MUCH FUN!!
~December 2019, Eiichiro Oda

@goldb Not sure if this is the right thread to post this, if there is a thread more appropriate for it, please move it there.
 

Marche

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
873
Reaction score
149
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Will we get only these information of what Oda said or later we will receive other informations?
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,171
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
"Hello, everyone who came to Jump Festa! This is your King speaking! Actually, I lied. This is Oda. The year of the 20th anniversary of the One Piece TV series really hit us with all its fury. There have been tons of events, illustrations, films, the whole thing was jam-packed, huh!
I would like to use this chance to seriously thank everyone who took the time to join in!" To all the staff involved in all of this: Great work, everybody! Now you can finally rest. But, well... As for the source material, I don't think I'll have any time to rest myself. In fact, I've already destroyed all my own chances at a break!

Are you enjoying the adventures of Kouzuki Oden so far? I've been worried about revealing spoilers in this arc, so I've been super careful drawing it. If I don't keep myself in check, I'll end up plotting out the entire rest of One Piece's story right there. [Note: He probably means spoiling so much, that everybody is gonna be able to guess the ending.]
While I'm showing all these flashbacks, Luffy's party's adventures are having their stakes risen as well. They'll soon be faced with the reality that you have to bring sacrifices to fight for the things you believe in!! Well, of course, Luffy is not the sort of person to think about those sorts of things though.

The Wano Kuni arc is finally moving towards its climax as well!! I've been looking forwards to drawing Wano Kuni a lot, so I'm psyched! And once it's over, things are going to be grim. Sabo will...!! Vivi will...!! Hancock will...!! AAAAAAAA...!!!
OK. Last but not least, the exhibition you all came here for is just about to begin! Please take a close look at everything!! The next year of One Piece will also be SO, SO MUCH FUN!!
~December 2019, Eiichiro Oda

@goldb Not sure if this is the right thread to post this, if there is a thread more appropriate for it, please move it there.
Nice ! huge thxs for sharing. :zomg
Just posting the original Japanese text + a variant translation/summary by Etenboy:





(Describing this crazy year of anime’s 20th anniversary)....But the manga won’t end with a “Good work”. The brake is already broken!
Have you been enjoying Kouzuki Oden’s adventure so far?
I am worrying about how much I should hide as I draw. I might draw the entirety of One Piece if I’m being careless. But, as this flashback goes on, the importance of the adventure of Luffy and others, and the meaning of their battles will be clearer!!
But of course Luffy wouldn’t be thinking about things like that.
From this point on Wano Country arc will finally be about the raid!!
I wanted to draw this in Wano country all along!
And behind that, Sabo is...!! Vivi is...!! Hancock is...!! Ahhhhhh...!! That’s all.
Developments that’ll bring the final arc into our views has...already begun! Please don’t take your eyes off!!
Because next year, One Piece will
be very fun as well!!

By Etenboy source : worstgen


Really looking forward upcoming developments, sounds a lot promising, im a lot hyped !
 

TitaniumOxide

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2012
Messages
1,339
Reaction score
1,123
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Sabo is...!! Vivi is...!! Hancock is...all having a 3some together. Sorry Luffy. They have finally realize the MC of shonens are oblivious of girls so they went to his brother.

But in all reality, it is quite sad for me to know the flashback is ending. Like shit this is one of the best if not the best flashback so far like for reals. Such a wealth of information and emotions and the implications of the world history overall. And then there are the scenes of Roger and Whitebeard which is priceless. We have all hungered for information on Roger and Whitebeard. Even flashbacks haters are astounded and biting their tongues after enjoying these last 10 chapters. That being said, I can't wait until they focus on the raid because we will get to see a ton of returning characters including probably Jinbe. Wish Oda would mention something about Jinbe in the JF lol.
 

Grandmaster Woro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2018
Messages
1,227
Reaction score
751
Age
41
Country
Austria
Hancock loses to coby?
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Hancock loses to coby?
Personally I don't think it gets that far. Not only because I believe Hancock to be stronger than Coby but also because though she's a Shichibukai she's not "evil" and Coby's morals should at least dispell him from going through with the whole thing. Heh.

I see them working together for a common purpose (Luffy, Celestial Dragons? as in their opposition of them...)

There's been an official translation from Oda's staff account:


(credits: KaidoBoby@AP)
The message is still the same, still very vague about what exactly awaits us in terms of Vivi, Sabo and Hancock's storyline.
 

McNuss

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 5, 2012
Messages
2,995
Reaction score
2,436
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
A slight inattention could reveal everything....

Which means I was right, the secrets of One Piece are not in the story itself, but in the meta story behind it!

Hm...
 

TitaniumOxide

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2012
Messages
1,339
Reaction score
1,123
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Probably wouldn't happen but I can fantasize that Sabo, Vivi, and Hancock all got captured and sent to Impel down and this time, all the Strawhats goes in and do another prison break and rescue Bon Clay also in the process. That would be a another great middle finger to the WG! Oda being so vague...this can be a possibility!

We would probably end up learning what happens to them thru the newspapers and Morgans will say FU to the CP and still release whatever news he wants.
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
Why would Vivi be in Impel Down?

We already knew something happened to Vivi, it just wasn't revealed what was it.

About Sabo and Hancock, we just pretend this artwork doesn't exist -_-;

 
Last edited:

Pirate Queen

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
9,681
Reaction score
17,738
Country
United States
Oda Jump Fiesta comment indicated that Shanks will begin to move in 2021...

If true what could this means?

Is Shanks truly a pawn of the Celestial Dragons?

Will he finally go after Blackbeard(I'm predicting his death as per nearly all other shounen with a mentor of the MC dying)

Will he rescue Mihawk and have him join the Red Hair Pirates...

Such exciting news if true


Per Sandman Twitter

 
Last edited:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Combined WSJ for ch999 and 1000, the latter being previewed at Jump Festa:


credits: @Raydjahs

List of mangaka and which characters they drew (credits to @redon )

- Portgas D. Ace by Boichi (Dr. Stone).
- Don Krieg by Kōhei Horikoshi (My Hero Academia).
- Boa Hancock by Taishi Tsutsui (We Never Learn).
- Gaimon by Mitsutoshi Shimabukuro (Toriko, Build King).
- Tony Tony Chopper by Hitsuji Gondaira (Mission of Yakuza Family).
- Bellamy by Hajime Komoto (MASHLE).
- Tashigi by Ryūhei Tamura (Hard-Boiled Cop and Dolphin).
- Gecko Moria by Atsushi Nakamura (Agravity Boys).
- Shinobu by Ryou Nakama (High School Family: Kokosei Kazoku).
- Arlong by Gege Akutami (Jujutsu Kaisen).
- Shirahoshi by Yuki Tabata (Black Clover).
- Smoker by Yoshifumi Tozuka (Undead Unluck).
- Sugar by Kentaro Yabuki (Ayakashi Triangle).
- Lapin by Kei Kamiki (God of Destruction Magu-Chan).
- Kid by Kento Matsuura (Phantom Seer).
- Sanji by Shūhei Miyazaki (Me and Roboko).
- Robin by Kazu Kakazu (Our Blood Oath).
- Ben Beckman by Yuto Suzuki (Sakamoto Days).
- Heracles by Tomohiro Hasegawa (Shinrin Ouji Mori King).
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Oda's message:


Translated by EtenBoby

To the people watching JF, hello!! It really has been a tough year, I believe there're many people strongly affected by the corona virus. I want to give a round of applause to the many workers in the industry who are still bringing spirit to everyone in a wild situation such as now, that's how this year has been.
On Jump, Demon Slayer was amazing. It saved many people emotionally and brought them joy, really impressive. That's how manga should be, I was somehow moved as well!
Now, let's talk about OP stage in JF! One piece is soon reaching chapter 1000!! By the time this message is read, I'll have already finished chapter 1000 and be on my way to meeting the cast...or that's what would've happened! Now I can't go, what a shame...
Old men and women on the stage...wait no
Old men and young ladies on the stage, are you doing well?
Anyway even though I can't go, I still finished chapter 1000! Is it good?
Chapter 1000 will be on the first issue next year!! What a timing! Please look forward to it!
There are all kinds of projects going on alongside the celebration of chapter 1000, they'll warm up the New Year! Then in 2021 we'll have another special year with volume 100!
About the manga story itself, as new info
will that person move a bit-?
The man with red hair...!!
As usual the story is pushing towards its end! Please take your time and enjoy next year as well!
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Full Jump Festa posted on the official OP YT channel:

 

Monox D. I-Fly

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2020
Messages
301
Reaction score
151
Age
36
Country
Indonesia
- Don Krieg by Kōhei Horikoshi (My Hero Academia).
I can't believe that out of so many characters with unique "quirks" (Devil Fruit power), he chooses a non-DF user whose whole gimmick was ol' regular weapons. Not that I'm complaining, though.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I can't believe that out of so many characters with unique "quirks" (Devil Fruit power), he chooses a non-DF user whose whole gimmick was ol' regular weapons. Not that I'm complaining, though.
I actually like that he went for a character that would be somewhat unexpected for such an occasion.
 

thedude

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2014
Messages
2,256
Reaction score
3,045
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oh, Shanks might have a big year! Finally!
 

McNuss

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 5, 2012
Messages
2,995
Reaction score
2,436
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Oh, Shanks might have a big year! Finally!
Or more likely it is a tidbit about him in the next Act Break, as most were already expecting more or less. The Act breaks serve as the lead-in to the next arc, in which Shanks is guaranteed to appear since it is also the last arc. Indeed, big events happen in them, but they get flashed over, so I wouldn't expect too much.

It could also be a troll, and he talks about Kid, who is 100% guaranteed to receive lots of attention next year given his current position in the story.
 
Top