Mag Talk Jump SQ (Shueisha)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asakura

RAW Provider
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2006
Messages
233
Reaction score
544
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The official Jump Square thread

ToI scans rescheduled to Friday for me (If it isn't scanned by then)


Don't count me fully out just yet XD
 

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Pat-Ken 003 RAW (RS)
...I'm pretty sure it's Pat-Ken, anyway. This month's chapter was VERY confusing.
at first it was all LULZBOOBZ and then suddenly SRS BZNS in West Africa fighting warlords and gangland-style executions. I thought this was about cute sentai puppy mecha? :blink

Anyway, I'm experimenting with a larger page size and I think it made the file too huge - any advice about shrinking filesize would be much appreciated.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The official Jump Square thread

You may want to PM Kylara to ask how to save a scan in optimal filesize and quality.

The more things you do to a scan (aside from resizing it), the higher the filesize. Meaning, leveling the image actually increases the filesize.

You should save in jpeg instead of png, since the settings for your PNGs aren't saved with enough colors.

But like I said, PM Kylara/kirimi/Sai_the_Shaman if you want specifics.
 

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
Re: The official Jump Square thread

*nods, takes notes*
Thank you for the feedback!^^ I kept wondering if I was doing something wrong, with the size that the file turned out.:sweat *hies off to the Manga Editor Central tutorials*
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The official Jump Square thread

*nods, takes notes*
Thank you for the feedback!^^ I kept wondering if I was doing something wrong, with the size that the file turned out.:sweat *hies off to the Manga Editor Central tutorials*
No problem. Please remember that we appreciate everything you've done so far. :thumbs
 

Renegade334

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 29, 2006
Messages
29
Reaction score
9
Gender
Hidden
Country
Belgium
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Kure-nai 003 not there yet?
...
*shuffles away and starts to weep in his little corner*
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Kure-nai 003 not there yet?
...
*shuffles away and starts to weep in his little corner*
At least someone who dares to ask
any news about luck stealer

*runs away for a barking and biting dog*
 

Crayola

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
1,195
Reaction score
1,886
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Asakura was busy and on irc said that if he no one does it by the next mag release, he'll scan everything that's left which was like Kure-Nai, Luck Stealer, Tales of Innocence, and some One-Shot. But someone also said Kirimi might scan Luck Stealer, so all we can do is wait
 

fxu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
847
Reaction score
1,103
Gender
Male
Country
Uruguay
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Kure-nai 003 not there yet?
...
*shuffles away and starts to weep in his little corner*

Binktopia has Kure-nai ch03 scanned and cleaned.


We are only waiting for the translation.
 

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
1,279
Reaction score
989
Age
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
Thailand
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Asakura was busy and on irc said that if he no one does it by the next mag release, he'll scan everything that's left which was like Kure-Nai, Luck Stealer, Tales of Innocence, and some One-Shot. But someone also said Kirimi might scan Luck Stealer, so all we can do is wait
Oh!

Really? OK, then. I'll wait for ToI ch.3 on. Didn't want to rush Asakura too much as well. (even though it will mean that I will be really busy next month, dealing with three translations all together then :amuse )

I'm grateful enough that you are willing to upload it for us. I thank you so much putting up these SQ mangas, especially ToI. You can just take your time, no rush. (even though I did see people asking for its Edited Manga release already, but . . . :p )
 

Asakura

RAW Provider
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2006
Messages
233
Reaction score
544
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Jump S.Q. comes out today where I live. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to make it to my local bookstore today. Sorry guys. For now, this is the cover of the new issue of Jump S.Q. All I can say is Obata has outdone himself again.



You're going to have to make do with the size for now. Sorry people.


I may finish off the rest of issue 2 though if I get the time to.


P.S. I forgot to mention this here (I mentioned it weeks ago at Ritual) but there are two new one-shots in this issue. One being from Hideaki Sorachi (the creator of Gintama) and the other one from Higashimura Akiko (the creator of Himawari ~Kenichi Legend~.) Sorachi's one-shot is titled 13 and it's about a schoolgirl who possesses a Katana. Akiko's one-shot is titled Chuo Line Cinema Paradise. This one is, as the title suggest, roughly about filming.

More info to come.
 
Last edited:

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: The official Jump Square thread

I want to translate 13, that is if no one else is interested in it. *Sorachi fan* Anyone who's interested in it?
 

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
1,279
Reaction score
989
Age
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
Thailand
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Is it possible if I ask for the second issue to be scanned first before you beginning the third issue's ones? I mean, I'm still waiting for ToI ch.3 and I don't want to translate the ch.4 or EMBALMING before I get ToI ch.3 translation done if possible. (WoaA got too much conflict with "WHY CAN'T I FIND THIS AND THIS CHAPTER?" already, so I don't want to skip a chapter and do the next one first if possible ^_^")
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The official Jump Square thread

He's already said that the remaining chapters from Issue 2 will be scanned along with the ones from Issue 3.
 

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
1,279
Reaction score
989
Age
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
Thailand
Re: The official Jump Square thread

By how Asakura said it (which I can be wrong due to my limitation with English), it seems as if he is going to scan the third issue first then the second one "if he has time." :oh
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The official Jump Square thread

No, reread it. He said it's on sale, but he doesn't have the time to go pick issue 3 up. He said if he has time he'll scan the missing chapters from issue 2. He obviously has issue 2 already.
 

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Did Asakura mean to say that he'll finish off vol 3, not 2? is there anything still missing from v2?

That's issue 4 (with the L cover) that just came out. I'm going to pick mine up tomorrow.
I'll scan 13 since I'm a Sorachi fan and someone's willing to translate it.:)

Others I'll be scanning:
Tegami Bachi
Utsukushii etc.
Pat-Ken (no translations for 2-3 yet?;_; )
 

Asakura

RAW Provider
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2006
Messages
233
Reaction score
544
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Is it possible if I ask for the second issue to be scanned first before you beginning the third issue's ones? I mean, I'm still waiting for ToI ch.3 and I don't want to translate the ch.4 or EMBALMING before I get ToI ch.3 translation done if possible. (WoaA got too much conflict with "WHY CAN'T I FIND THIS AND THIS CHAPTER?" already, so I don't want to skip a chapter and do the next one first if possible ^_^")
Forgot to add "today" in there to make it more specific. My apologies.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Did Asakura mean to say that he'll finish off vol 3, not 2? is there anything still missing from v2?

That's issue 4 (with the L cover) that just came out. I'm going to pick mine up tomorrow.
I'll scan 13 since I'm a Sorachi fan and someone's willing to translate it.:)

Others I'll be scanning:
Tegami Bachi
Utsukushii etc.
Pat-Ken (no translations for 2-3 yet?;_; )
Yes! Please do 13, I'd appreciate it! Although is no one else really gonna do it? O_o Or is everyone relying on me because i'm a Sorachi freak?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Did Asakura mean to say that he'll finish off vol 3, not 2? is there anything still missing from v2?

That's issue 4 (with the L cover) that just came out. I'm going to pick mine up tomorrow.
I'll scan 13 since I'm a Sorachi fan and someone's willing to translate it.:)

Others I'll be scanning:
Tegami Bachi
Utsukushii etc.
Pat-Ken (no translations for 2-3 yet?;_; )
When he says Issue 2, he means issue 2008-02. The first volume was issue 2007-12.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top