Mag Talk Jump SQ (Shueisha)

Status
Not open for further replies.

andysislands

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2007
Messages
152
Reaction score
137
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The official Jump Square thread


The latest joint oneshot manga has been annouced! April 18th, in JumpSQ Extra Number II, it's Stan Lee x Hiroyuki Takei! As a huge Takei fan, this is excellent news. But the real question is, has there been a time when an American comic artist has worked published in Shuiesha's serializations? This is clearly exciting news! Mankin-Trad, will try it's hardest to scanlate this oneshot manga upon it's release.


Full news article:
http://shamanking-nation.com/english/hiroyuki-takei/new-hiroyuki-takei-joint-oneshot-manga/
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: The official Jump Square thread

:o

the stan lee!

:pmg
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The official Jump Square thread

This is definitely odd...It'll be interesting to see what an American Comic writer can do.


Wait...what's Jump SQ Extra? When was there a first one? o_O
 
Last edited:

Crayola

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
1,195
Reaction score
1,886
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The official Jump Square thread

I think the first one was before Jump SQ came out officially... I could be wrong.

Scratch That... I am wrong, that was Jump S.Q. Corner.
 

kirimi

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
1,602
Reaction score
3,206
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
Re: The official Jump Square thread

I think it's supposed to be read as JUMP SQ. II (Second) Extra Number. Maybe it's a special issue kind of thing, like AkaJump.

Would they miss the 5/2 SQ issue because of Golden Week? :o
 

Nami

Queen of The Damned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
5,423
Reaction score
1,786
Age
119
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Eeeeehhhh...so is this a one time special?

Sorry...i just realise u said its a special >.>
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Oh my God, STAN LEE <3
 

Asakura

RAW Provider
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2006
Messages
233
Reaction score
544
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The official Jump Square thread


The latest joint oneshot manga has been annouced! April 18th, in JumpSQ Extra Number II, it's Stan Lee x Hiroyuki Takei! As a huge Takei fan, this is excellent news. But the real question is, has there been a time when an American comic artist has worked published in Shuiesha's serializations? This is clearly exciting news! Mankin-Trad, will try it's hardest to scanlate this oneshot manga upon it's release.


Full news article:
http://shamanking-nation.com/english/hiroyuki-takei/new-hiroyuki-takei-joint-oneshot-manga/

Oh...
My....
GOD!!!!!!!!

Takei alone gets me hyped, but with Stan Lee this makes such a weird yet kickass combination!!!!!!

That's it... no matter what happens, I'm so F***ing Editing this. I'm making sure I get that issue the day this comes out.
 

pirate-hitman:L

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
191
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The official Jump Square thread

...
I'm speechless.
This must be scanlated as soon as it comes out.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Oh...
My....
GOD!!!!!!!!

Takei alone gets me hyped, but with Stan Lee this makes such a weird yet kickass combination!!!!!!

That's it... no matter what happens, I'm so F***ing Editing this. I'm making sure I get that issue the day this comes out.
But do you know what SQ Extra is Asa?....where was the first one? :blink
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The official Jump Square thread

I've no clue...

I did try to do some research over the net and on 2ch but overnight but didn't find any good info... Though I did some research at http://auctions.yahoo.co.jp and found these:

http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m53632863
http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r41034887
o_O

This makes this whole thing even more confusing. Those are probably Promo things that weren't meant for sale.

Maybe SQ Extra 1 hasn't gone on sale yet, and it's announced along with 2 in the issue of Jump SQ coming out in a few days?

What happened to that last RTS Asakura? :oh
 

kirimi

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
1,602
Reaction score
3,206
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Here's what I'm thinking...

JUMP SQ - the first (this is the monthly magazine)
JUMP SQ II - the second (this is an extra magazine)

I wonder if that news of the Takei x Stan Lee manga is from the latest issue of WJ, in which case, we should be able to find out more about the SQ II issue on Monday when WJ hits the stands and the web sites are updated...

Those preview comics are, as xi0 said, not for sale. They were given to shops as promotional material for SQ. This auction shows that the preview comics booklet is only about tankoubon size.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Yeah, maybe "Extra Number" is just part of the title for the magazine. As well as the "II" part.
 

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
Re: The official Jump Square thread

the LeexTakei collab sounds real interesting, and good to hear it's a one-shot; I've always felt that Stan Lee is great at creating new series concepts, but then he hands them off to other people to continue and they go down the toilet.:XD

I've been so busy with work, I feel like I haven't been to MH for such a long tiiiime! I can pick up Shiki, but can't make any promises on timeliness for this month.:sweat What's still missing?
 

emba

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 11, 2007
Messages
48
Reaction score
42
Gender
Hidden
Country
Vatican City State
Re: The official Jump Square thread

I think the 3rd issue is complete now?
The 4th issue, as far as I know only Claymore and Rosario have been scanned. It's gone so quiet here, where is everyone?
 

Asakura

RAW Provider
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2006
Messages
233
Reaction score
544
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Other than Shiki (and my upcoming Kitchen distro >______>;;; ), Issue 3 is done. I just got Issue 4 on Tuesday but haven't gotten a chance to scan anything yet. I'll instead do my remodeling I've been meaning to do in the first post for a while.


P.S. Luck Stealer officially announced the release of its first volume this month. It's coming out May 2, 2008. This the first series (unless there are others that are announced next month) other than the "Monthly Jump 5" to receive its first tankouban in SQ. Be looking forward to this Luck Stealer fans. And no, I won't be scanning this :P
 
Last edited:

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
Re: The official Jump Square thread

here's the JSQ 2008 vol 4
and
kinda LQ ...but I don't feel like scanning it again:sweat

Matsuri Special will be on the cover next month. *yay!*
 

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
1,279
Reaction score
989
Age
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
Thailand
Re: The official Jump Square thread

I think it looks good already. Thanks for the cover and the content page, haya5h1. *wait patiently for EMBALMING and ToI*
 

kirimi

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
1,602
Reaction score
3,206
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Yeah, maybe "Extra Number" is just part of the title for the magazine. As well as the "II" part.
Got my SQ issue, and had a closer look at the ads and so on. I should have noticed this on the original ad posted here. >_> JUMP SQ.II is a special issue (増刊) of SQ, much like AkaJump is a special issue of WSJ.

There's also more info on the official site now. It will contain works by veteran mangaka, one-shots by newcomers, new series, and of course, the Stan Lee x Takei Hiroyuki project. More info will be forthcoming.


There is also a commemorative poster in next month's JSQ (on sale 4/4) for Takei Hiroyuki's new work.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top