Mag Talk Jump SQ (Shueisha)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

I think this is spoiler pictures for Mayoi Neko, and it looks like Yabuki put some of To Love-Ru characters in his new series.

 

ruggia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
877
Reaction score
1,080
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

oh wow.... it looks like a page from TLR. can't even tell the difference :p
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Looks like we'll be seeing some of the characters making cameo appearances... (like this one with Mikan coming to the bakery for some cake with Celine, or Kyoko on TV).

Hopefully he wouldn't overdo it ;)
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

I want to know what other people think the possbilities for Embalming, Ultimo, and Shin PoT to become an animation.
 

DeidaraGrimmjow

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
792
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

I want to know what other people think the possbilities for Embalming, Ultimo, and Shin PoT to become an animation.
Of course its possible and probably inevitable (especially for New PoT). We just have to wait until there is sufficient material to produce a decent adaptation. Since they are close to the same length, which one would you like to see first?
 
Last edited:

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Of course its possible and probably inevitable (especially for New PoT). We just have to wait until there is sufficient material to produce a decent adaptation. Since they are close to the same length, which one would you like to see first?
I want to see Ultimo to become animated first because it is my most favorite series in Jump SQ.
 

Pantsutastic

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 10, 2009
Messages
40
Reaction score
11
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

I want claymore season 2 but how season 1 ended kinda destroyed that possiblity.
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

I bet Haruna won't be getting any cameos. =P

I'd love to see Yui though.

I want to know what other people think the possbilities for Embalming, Ultimo, and Shin PoT to become an animation.
Assuming they still go on for the next 2-3 years I think its possible. Shin PoT could get one based off of its rabid fanbase alone. -____-

The other two I enjoy what I've read from them but I'm not sure if a studio will ask to animate the former two anytime soon. I'd much prefer them than Shin PoT at any rate.
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

The way the closed Claymore's animation sort of... killed any possibility for a second season, especially if they want to follow the currently story line.

Embalming, at its current form, is going to be a hard sell for animation, simply because the story is still pretty much all over the place, and lacking a certain direction (at least in my view). I would rather have Embalming go on for another year before being considered for animation.

I mean that's just the way Monthly series are... it takes a long time before it is viable for animation (at least 3~4 years in my book). If you rush it, it'd just be like another Fullmetal Alchemist...
 

andysislands

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2007
Messages
152
Reaction score
137
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Ultimo might be a while.

But if we were to get anything from that, I would think a movie would be the best. The plot is quick to follow, and they can sum up the first part of the series in a single 90 movie. Or an OVA series that they could turn into a movie for "the US audience". It will work, it will look nice, heck, it might even sell.

Also, Ultimo might be in line for anime via Sony Dream Ranch. Back when they were writing up the contract for the whole series, the word "anime" was tossed around a bit, so I'm sure that's locked into contract somewhere. I'm not on a stable computer right now, so I can't dig up those sources right now. (also, Sony likes movies better than TV series)
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

For a magazine with modest circulation like SQ, it's hard to predict what will get an anime. If something appeals to a studio things like sales and toc position are meaningless.

PoT's anime ended three years before the original series. Considering it's TV run wasn't renewed in that time I'm not sure why it would now. More OVA's sound reasonable. No way to predict if Ultimo or Embalming will get one. The latter doesn't deserve one, not a very good series in my opinion, nor overly popular. But that hasn't stopped any studio in the past. Like I said, it comes down to whether a studio thinks they can make money off of it. Not like it would get 52 episodes anyway.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

I have a question. Is Kekkai Sensen is over or on hiatus?

This picture kind of tell me that it'll be return on spring of next year.

http://imepita.jp/20091227/037460
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

I'd actually like to see an Embalming anime, though it'd have to get a bit better first, not to mention the fact that there's not even enough content for a 26 episode series. I can see Ultimo getting an adaptation in the future. A movie does sound likely. Claymore was weird though. An open ending that makes it very difficult to follow the main storyline (unless they find some plausible way to make Raki dissapear for a while).
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

It was a three chapter mini - series, I've heard nothing about it being serialized and can't read Japanese. Who knows.

Has anyone else looked at the raws for Neko yet? I'm really on the fence about it. I've never been a big fan of Yabuki, I'm not a big moe/bishojo, but I'm kind of curious. If it's at least fun I may read it anyway. Anyone else have any thoughts?
 

ruggia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
877
Reaction score
1,080
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Has anyone else looked at the raws for Neko yet? I'm really on the fence about it. I've never been a big fan of Yabuki, I'm not a big moe/bishojo, but I'm kind of curious. If it's at least fun I may read it anyway. Anyone else have any thoughts?
its a fan-service/harem manga with Yabuki-style loli chars.
it okay so far but I wonder if it will manage to get an on-going plot. it seems inevitable that girls will pop out of nowhere.
seems like another TLR to me. :facepalm

the oneshot was so much better. hope Yabuki did that one instead :p
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Of course there's an ongoing plot! It's already a series of novels. Yabuki is just adapting it into manga form. Doesn't mean there is a good plot, but whatever. And I'm sure he's overjoyed he can draw uncensored nudity for the magazine version ;)
 

ruggia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
877
Reaction score
1,080
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Of course there's an ongoing plot! It's already a series of novels. Yabuki is just adapting it into manga form. Doesn't mean there is a good plot, but whatever. And I'm sure he's overjoyed he can draw uncensored nudity for the magazine version ;)
well, aren't there some episodic light novels? (like Seitokai no Ichizon)
its bad to judge anything from chap 1, but I can't find any "goal" in the story :p I hope there is one. but I'm afraid of the story bringing up random girls one after another.
and yes. Yabuki seems to be enjoying the uncensored nudity a lot. (already two in first chap :facepalm)

EDIT: I'm fairly anti-TLR so I'm probably quite biased.
 
Last edited:

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Not sure what a goal, other than the two leads becoming romantically involved, could be. Episodic isn't a big deal, as long as the stories are funny, the characters are interesting, and there is more to them than typical manga stereotypes.
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

It was a three chapter mini - series, I've heard nothing about it being serialized and can't read Japanese. Who knows.

Has anyone else looked at the raws for Neko yet? I'm really on the fence about it. I've never been a big fan of Yabuki, I'm not a big moe/bishojo, but I'm kind of curious. If it's at least fun I may read it anyway. Anyone else have any thoughts?
Well, I've read the light novel before it was announced that Yabuki will be drawing the comic, and I liked it quite a lot.

It's not something as complex as Majutsu no Index or Shana... but it certainly is a fun and light read. I'd rate it around the level of ToraDora and Nogizaka Haruka. Heart-warming light comedy romance with some ecchi/moe.

As for stereotypical characters... I'm afraid that's just how Light Novels are these days... You'd have your Tsudere and Dochikko pretty much everywhere... Even some of works which are hailed as masterpiece (Bakemonogatari for one) have their girls and guys molded in those archetypes.

Back to Ch. 01... It's a pretty good start in my opinion for a Novel to Comic series. I mean it is certainly better than Kure-nai's first chapter (of course, you can say that I'm biased). But of course, if you're not that into Romance Comedy Ecchi... then I wouldn't really recommend you to follow it ;)

And, of course, I'll be translating the series as well... Already done with the Chinese, will work on the English tomorrow :p
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top