Mag Talk Jump SQ (Shueisha)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Blue Exorcist is off?
Yes, it wasn't announced last issue so it probably isn't a planned absence, but it's not in the magazine this month.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

Issue 08:

Cover: Rurouni Kenshin
Lead Color: Nightmare Funk (New series by Youhei Takemura, artist of Yae no Sakura)
Center Color: Rurouni Kenshin, Blue Exorcist, Kono Oto Tomare!, Gamma, Issen (oneshot by Aoko)
Bit more detail: Issen is the first entry for the second SQ Next Cup, and the other two entries will be in issues 9 and 10 respectively. Voting will take place through the SQ website using a code that'll be included in issue 12. I'd think that whatever series wins will get a serialization, but i don't think whichever one it was that one the first cup has gotten one yet. Also, the only information I could find on Aoko is that they're a ****** artist (unless it's someone else with the same name).
 

lolman

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2014
Messages
74
Reaction score
97
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Last edited by a moderator:

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Ooh YES! I love Youhei, more for I-Revo than anything, but he's a great talent. Expecting good stuff here.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
In an amazing twist of events, TLRD will not be on the cover of this coming month's issue of SQ.19. Blood Blockade Battlefront is getting the cover instead for the anime announcement. Guess this explains why the original preview was really vague about the cover, they must have wanted to hide the fact that it was getting an anime.
 

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Kanshikan Tsunemori Akane : 4 volumes : 580,000.
 

Ecchi Boy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,307
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,622
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Just read Rengoku no Ashe. Not bad. I dunno about it being a series, but I do like what Endou did and the evolution of his art. I guess he wasn't just chilling these last few years....though I heard he was (is?) The assistant for Kazue Katou....which shows since Ashe's art looks similar to Ao no Exorcist's sometimes. Either way I'll TL it and have it out soon.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm really not sure why, but Viz's Shonen Jump is saying that Blue Exorcist will be back in next week's issue, despite there being no chapter in Jump SQ this month.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
At least next week with chp 22 we'll be caught up with JPN for Seraph of the End, it was a wild last few weeks and Im glad they did the one chapter a week to catch us up faster.

Maybe the BLue Exorcist thing is a typo?
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
At least next week with chp 22 we'll be caught up with JPN for Seraph of the End, it was a wild last few weeks and Im glad they did the one chapter a week to catch us up faster.

Maybe the BLue Exorcist thing is a typo?
I dunno about it being a typo, I feel like they should know well ahead of time whether it'll be published or not. Most likely, they'll just do a special feature of some sorts or reprint a recent chapter so it'll still be "in the magazine."

Also, I completely did not realize Seraph v1 was coming out in English tomorrow. Going to have to see if I can get that. Sadly, my copy of SQ and Sousei v2 seem to be stuck in shipping hell...
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Like the cover + display, is it also saying v1 crossed 100K copies?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Like the cover + display, is it also saying v1 crossed 100K copies?
Yeah, it passed 100,000 copies.

---------- Post added June 07, 2014 at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was June 03, 2014 at 10:42 AM ----------

Sousei no Onmyouji Volume 3 will be released in October. Also, the author's ToC comments seem to imply that To LOVE-Ru Darkness might be ending soon (although I don't really read that so I have no idea if that fits with where the series is at).
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I don't intend to make a discussion about this, but I will be happy if TLRD really ends because I want to see Kentarou Yabuki using his talent with different stories, preferably with less Ecchi.
 
Last edited:

TXC

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
930
Reaction score
188
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Hopefully it doesn't end soon, his ecchi is the best I know.
 

Stark700

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2013
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
814
Gender
Hidden
Country
Winterfell
Also, the author's ToC comments seem to imply that To LOVE-Ru Darkness might be ending soon (although I don't really read that so I have no idea if that fits with where the series is at).
It does fit based on what's happening.
Would be great if it did end. Finally.

Hopefully it doesn't end soon, his ecchi is the best I know.
You could read vanilla H manga. There's a lot that's not hardcore.
 

TXC

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
930
Reaction score
188
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I like the series enough to be buying it.. Is not only the ecchi. About h manga... I pretty much read all kinds of it lol not sure why you said that.
 

Stark700

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2013
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
814
Gender
Hidden
Country
Winterfell
I like the series enough to be buying it.. Is not only the ecchi. About h manga... I pretty much read all kinds of it lol not sure why you said that.
Because you said you didn't want it to end. Logically, what I said follows that, in the event of TLRD ending, there's other stuff to fill the void.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
There are always other options when a series ends, there is no reason to cling yourself at just one series.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,401
Reaction score
39,096
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
hmm, so because you want that To Love-ru to finished, everybody needs to agree because has always other options? If has so much other options, probably this manga wouldn't make the success that he make, so i believe that majority of readers that buy and support this manga disagree with you
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: TXC
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top