Mag Talk Jump SQ (Shueisha)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Endou strikes me as the sort of artist who's incredibly competent at visuals, but who could do with a hand with story (or character designs outside of protagonists), but jeez do I want another series from them
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,929
Reaction score
5,622
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Endou strikes me as the sort of artist who's incredibly competent at visuals, but who could do with a hand with story (or character designs outside of protagonists), but jeez do I want another series from them
I thought the designs for his other characters were really good though. He has this Kubo meets Oda artwork that I really like. Sadly his series never get far enough to really strut their potential, but that doesn't stop me from hoping for the best.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Chapter one of Second Brain wasnt really all that exciting, I assume it doesnt really pick up.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Chapter one of Second Brain wasnt really all that exciting, I assume it doesnt really pick up.
I havent read it yet but Im not making a big assumption by saying Japanese readers didn't take to it either.



Is 1/11 having a natural ending or is it rushed? Its a serious Im interested in.....
 

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Gekka Bijin was everything I ever wanted from a SQ manga.

So that makes me really, really excited for Endo's next entry.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Chapter one of Second Brain wasnt really all that exciting, I assume it doesnt really pick up.
It has been picking up a little bit in new chapters, but I think the early ones just killed the series. SQ already has Blue Exorcist, so the people reading it probably didn't think they needed another series that started in pretty much the exact same way. I wouldn't have minded seeing it move to SQ.19 instead of Fantasma, but as it is now I'll be amazed if it makes it past two volumes.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Is 1/11 having a natural ending or is it rushed? Its a serious Im interested in.....
It ended naturally. Hack, it is actually extended ending.

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

The new trailer for upcoming Rurouni Kenshin movie:

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

Here is the preview picture for Rengoku no Ashe (upcoming one shot by Endou Tatsuya):
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
A piece of μ&i color page.
Very good, that's what I would expect from Jump SQ. If I have the opportunity, I will read it.

 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
A piece of μ&i color page.
Very good, that's what I would expect from Jump SQ. If I have the opportunity, I will read it.

I believe this is the full color page.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It ended naturally. Hack, it is actually extended ending.

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

The new trailer for upcoming Rurouni Kenshin movie:

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

Here is the preview picture for Rengoku no Ashe (upcoming one shot by Endou Tatsuya):
Thanks. Its a series I am looking forward to reading as I progress with my Japanese. And welcome back.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Eru13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2011
Messages
829
Reaction score
1,149
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
[tweet]https://twitter.com/newsmangajapon/status/461990555409317889[/tweet]Ikeda Akihisa (Rosario + Vampire) is going to start a new series on September (no magazine specified but I guess it's for Jump SQ)
 

MSofAofCOCA

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2010
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
664
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Fantasma is in SQ. 19? doesn't that come out once a year? If so, then that series isn't going to get anywhere... like, ever. -.-
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Fantasma is in SQ. 19? doesn't that come out once a year? If so, then that series isn't going to get anywhere... like, ever. -.-
It comes out every even-numbered month on the 19th.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Fantasma is in SQ. 19? doesn't that come out once a year?
No, it is a bi-monthly magazine, which means 6 issues per year.

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

The first episode of Gakumon! flash animation:
 
Last edited by a moderator:

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Gakumon! Episode 2 (End)

In case anyone cares, the first episode covers chapters 1-2 and this episode is chapter 3, all of which were in last month's issue of SQ when the series started.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Jump SQ.19 Vol.13:
To Love-Ru Darkness


Rosario to Vampire After Story


Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume


Iced Idea (One Shot)


Kekkai Sensen
 

WesKR

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2013
Messages
168
Reaction score
105
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Owari no Seraph is up to what chapter now?
 

Netorare

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2012
Messages
225
Reaction score
260
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
chapter 20, i guess
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top