Mag Talk Jump SQ (Shueisha)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Jump SQ (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Wow, talk about a big mess to try and clean up. I admit hearing this is more comforting than just thinking the series got dumped due to lack of interest or something. Makes it harder for the actual manga to come out but hopefully all of the details get sorted out and Yabuki can eventually get back to drawing the series again.
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Jump SQ (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Wow, talk about a big mess to try and clean up. I admit hearing this is more comforting than just thinking the series got dumped due to lack of interest or something. Makes it harder for the actual manga to come out but hopefully all of the details get sorted out and Yabuki can eventually get back to drawing the series again.
I mean it's easy to conclude that the problem is on the LN's end, since Yabuki had enough time to do all those color pages and extra TLRD side stories... I just didn't expect it like this, Matsu and Peco breaking up the partnership.

Originally, I assumed Matsu had some kind of writer's block, since he's still writing Papa normally, but just not getting new Mayoi Neko LN or doing new scripts for the manga... Never have I thought that it's a break up that indirectly halted the manga...

Anyway, while I'm glad that it's continuing, at least for the LN, I'm a bit "meh" on the whole "one illustrator per volume" deal. It's just... weird and silly...

I hope the manga can resume soon...
 
Last edited:

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Jump SQ (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

What a terrible thing to hear. The manga had great sales and I'm sure Yabuki didn't mind the extra revenue from it. Sad announcement. =/
 

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Jump SQ (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

hm, I haven't been sadden by such news in a while, I really enjoyed the series.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Jump SQ (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

It looks like Papa no Iukoto o Kikinasai! going to be serialized in six different manga magazines, including Jump SQ.
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Jump SQ (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

I guess it was THAT bad with the breakup... so bad that Peko wouldn't allow the series to be illustrated with his character design... sigh...

It looks like Papa no Iukoto o Kikinasai! going to be serialized in six different manga magazines, including Jump SQ.
Jump SQ, Weekly Young Jump, Ultra Jump, Cookie, Cobalt, and a new Super Dash based magazine.

It's important to note that both Cobalt and the new Super Dash magazine are actually Light Novel magazines that have a few manga series in there, as opposed to full manga magainzes.

I guess Shueisha is trying to duplicate Kodansha's LovePlus experiment (where they had 5 LovePlus themed series going on)... but I don't really like these kind of stuff... The only LovePlus series that's still running is the one by Sao Kouji, Rinko Days... :/
 

TitaniumChloride

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
489
Reaction score
1,009
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
Re: Jump SQ (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

This month's Mitokon is the worst, because I swear that what's in the latest chapter could be classified as child pornography.
A disgusting looking guy pulls down the strap of a unconcious girl's swimsuit and a suggestive panel of her -- for lack of a better word -- 'chest' follows. Some old perverts were looking on excitedly. Then most of her pubic area is revealed.
I don't care whether the disgusting guy who did this was cut into pieces on the next page, the mangaka is already edging over the line. Some scenes in previous chapters were very questionable too. Frankly, I'm shocked that such things are in the same magazine as Tegami Bachi, Ao no Exorcist and D.Gray-man.

If anybody can direct me to the proper way to tell off Jump SQ for the above, please let me know. I can't find a contact form on the SQ site.

I will definitely not be renewing my subscription. No offense meant, but most of what's in this magazine is just plain mediocre to me. Also, I'm getting sick of the ecchi.
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Jump SQ (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

*Shrugs*

I can't really begin to fathom how you'd consider that "child pornography". It's a gag manga, or are you too uptight to realize that? If Crayon Shin-chan and Inumaru can both strip naked, I don't see why Mitokon can't do it either. People can choose to see what they want to see. While that might or might not be the artist's intention, the fact that you're focusing so much on censorship to fail to realize that it's meant as a gag and challenge to the stupid Japanese censorship law makes it very apparent on what's going on inside of your head.
 

TitaniumChloride

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
489
Reaction score
1,009
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
Re: Jump SQ (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

It's not the nakedness I'm worried about at all. Like, I can live with TLRD's panty shots, breast gropes and makeout scenes. Exposed willies don't bother me at all. It's just the way certain scenes in Mitokon were presented: the girls were helpless and/or unwilling when they were being toyed with.

When Shiru-chan's boobs were exposed for the first time a couple of chapters back and surprised everyone with how big they were, I can understand that being a gag. But then she was kinda molested... and she being a prisoner chained to the wall and all... she also doesn't really look her age...

Edit: I'm not saying these kinds of things can't exist comepletely, but I was of the opinion that this was a more respectable magazine. Correct me if I'm wrong.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: R4n

Goral

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2007
Messages
1,665
Reaction score
1,994
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Re: Jump SQ (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

*Shrugs seeing Finestela shrugs*

Hey, it's only a girl on paper and it was supposed to be a joke so it can't be a child pornography when
A disgusting looking guy pulls down the strap of a unconcious girl's swimsuit and a suggestive panel of her -- for lack of a better word -- 'chest' follows. Some old perverts were looking on excitedly. Then most of her pubic area is revealed.
Seriously? And you even insinuated that it's all in TitaniumChloride's head only... *facepalm*
If the scene he mentioned really is as suggestive/explicit as it seems then you've got a problem, not him.
 
Last edited:

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: Jump SQ (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

  1. If you don't like something or if it makes you uncomfortable, don't read. It's as simple as that.
  2. Everyone has their own set of beliefs and morals so don't chastise them for it.
  3. Cool down with the aggressive tone.

This conversation will clearly escalate to something unpleasant so any more posts about the topic will be deleted.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Jump SQ (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

It looks like manga adpatation of Ben Toh will end on next issue; however, it looks like Kampione will get manga adpatation and it will take Ben Toh's place.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Jump SQ (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

432 :作者の都合により名無しです:2011/08/30(火) 21:48:19.81 ID:E/sibzqr0
次の巻頭ははにめろ
センターは
こち亀×Mr.Clice とらぶる(表紙も) カッコ、長谷部さん 友達が少ない

掲載順は後ろから
しょんぼり 月華 ランドセル ラック par
October Issue Bottom 5:
Parman no Jounetsuteki na Hibi
Luck Stealer
Tonari no Randoseru w (CP, One Shot)
Gekka Bijin
Shonbori Onsen

November Issue:
Cover: To Love-Ru Darkness
Lead CP: Hanimero。
CP: Kochikame and Mr. Clice (One Shot), To Love-Ru Darkness, Kakkokawaii Sengen!, Hasebe-san no iru Yakyuubu, Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai + (One Shot)

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

Also, it looks like Mitokon has ended in October Issue.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Jump SQ (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

wow I'm quite stunned that everything worked as Shueisha planned. If I'm correct they planned and believed from the start that Ao no Exorcist should/would become Jump SQ's next flagship and their next big hit. I thought it might get popular but that the popularity would actually boost so much after the anime aired is quite surprising.

Now I'm really looking forward to the sales of the new volume, maybe it can even reach Shingeki no Kyojin.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Jump SQ (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

It certainly looks like volume seven will be in that 450-650,000 per volume sales range.

What is really amazing is that for all the hype that came with SQ's launch a few years ago, AnE will be the first sizable hit to be serialized entirely in SQ. Before AnE the most popular SQ series had moved from Monthly Jump or Weekly Jump, with SQ itself producing more modest sellers like Kurenai or Shiki.
 

Mr. Death

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 15, 2006
Messages
196
Reaction score
205
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Jump SQ (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Meh Katien, Tegami Bachi > Ao No Exorcist..
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top