Mag Talk Jump SQ (Shueisha)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stark700

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2013
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
814
Gender
Hidden
Country
Winterfell
hmm, so because you want that To Love-ru to finished, everybody needs to agree because has always other options? If has so much other options, probably this manga will not make the success that he make, so i believe that majority of readers that buy the manga disagree with you
Where in the world did anyone state any everyone has to agree with us?

We're saying that there are still other ecchi manga out there, plain and simple.
In my other post, I was explaining how it's not difficult to get the point I was trying to convey, since he said "not sure why you said that".
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,405
Reaction score
39,131
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
No man, you two are basically saying that the manga need to be finished because you two want, and the fans that don't want, just needed to find another ecchi or something like that, because has a lot of other mangas, and isnt like that, if more than 200.000 people only buy to love-ru, is because no has other like, so i think that is very egoistic say for someone that is a fan, that he just need to find another, because you want the manga to be finished soon.
 
  • Like
Reactions: TXC

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
No man, you two are basically saying that the manga need to be finished because you two want, and the fans that don't want, just needed to find another ecchi or something like that, because has a lot of other mangas, and isnt like that, if more than 200.000 people only buy to love-ru, is because no has other like, so i think that is very egoistic say for someone that is a fan, that he just need to find another, because you want the manga to be finished soon.
We didn't say that. We said that supposing that TLRD ends, it will be other options to follow, it is true, what we don't have currently is lack of Ecchi. How do you know that 200k people ONLY buy TLRD? I doubt, although it's famous. People don't live just for TLRD.
Really, no need to make a ruckus about a simple opinion. You don't have to agree with us and it will not change what will happen with TLRD, ending or not.
 
Last edited:

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,405
Reaction score
39,131
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Yes, you two was saying, saying that want the manga to be finished, that will be happy if this happens and when TXC commented that he don't want, you two started to say that have other options and etc, i'm not saying that you can not want To Love-ru to be finished, the point is that saying for a fan that has other things or options just because you want that the manga to be finished, is egoistic, if people read or buy this manga instead of others, is because they don't want other options.

Plus, say to me another manga exactly like TLRD that sells the same thing or more. not have, this is what i mean about the 200k.

And i'm not making a "ruckus", i'm just giving a simple opinion :)
 
Last edited:

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I don't intend to make a discussion about this, but I will be happy if TLRD really ends because I want to see Kentarou Yabuki using his talent with different stories, preferably with less Ecchi.
According to his interviews in one of the volumes (or maybe it was a databook, I forget), he really has taken to doing ecchi stuff. So, his next series would probably have that. With the amount of emphasis that he puts on it in this series, I can't imagine him doing something else. And if I may be frank, I always found his art to be more of his selling point than his story telling.

I mean, I know people want another Black Cat (even if it isn't Black Cat, something that's written as an adventure story as opposed to ecchi romance) but I think the ecchi-ness has kinda become part of his style now. A new series would be cool and all, but I don't think he'll be going back to writing a chaste manga (by contrast, of course), at most we'll probably see a hybrid.
 
Last edited:

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
[Cross];3802790 said:
According to his interviews in one of the volumes (or maybe it was a databook, I forget), he really has taken to doing ecchi stuff. So, his next series would probably have that. With the amount of emphasis that he puts on it in this series, I can't imagine him doing something else. And if I may be frank, I always found his art to be more of his selling point than his story telling.

I mean, I know people want another Black Cat (even if it isn't Black Cat, something that's written as an adventure story as opposed to ecchi romance) but I think the ecchi-ness has kinda become part of his style now. A new series would be cool and all, but I don't think he'll be going back to writing a chaste manga (by contrast, of course), at most we'll probably see a hybrid.
Although Ecchi and good storytelling don't go together most of the time, it is possible. Saeki Shun is the best example; he used to draw ****** and now he is drawing Shokugeki no Soma, which has Ecchi, but in less degree and with a good relationship with storytelling. If stotytelling isn't Kentaro Yabuki forte, he can let something else do it, the result will be even better.
Looking at To Love Ru Darkness, it is very hard to imagine him doing something more Ecchi without entering in ****** territory. That said, do what I suggested would be the best choice after a long series IMO.
 

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
maybe he likes to draw ecchi stuff? its not like he is forced to draw it just because the series is famous. it was once finished and he could stop at that point but didn't. expect him to go further this way which is his forte. isnt' it the best selling ecchi seres out there? its ridiculous to think he would stop to draw it just because oneselves doesn't like it. there is a market and he is the best in it even if you wish for him to draw something "normal". heck i would love for a lot of mangakas to stop their series to do something different...
 

TXC

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
930
Reaction score
188
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
That said, do what I suggested would be the best choice after a long series IMO.
Can't see how, he is successful working alone, doing what he's good at. He did Darkness after finishing the prequel because he wanted to, and guess what? there are more and better ecchi in the series. He's the best in doing what he does, saying that your opinion is the «best choice» as a fact is totally nonsense.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Can't see how, he is successful working alone, doing what he's good at. He did Darkness after finishing the prequel because he wanted to, and guess what? there are more and better ecchi in the series. He's the best in doing what he does, saying that your opinion is the «best choice» as a fact is totally nonsense.
Didn't you see the "IMO" in the end or you don't know what it means? I never said it as a fact. You have the right to disagree, but not put words in my mouth.

I said in the beginning that I didn't intend to make a discussion about this because I already knew it would happen. I liked Black Cat and I manifested my wish of seeing him doing something similar after TLRD ending period.
 

TXC

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
930
Reaction score
188
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Nope, I have no idea what it means. I don't use internet slang's.

I feel really sorry for you but, bringing a theme saying ''I don't want a discussion of it''... is asking for it. Black Cat was quite poor in my opinion, letting him draw girls in ecchi situations is where he achieves the best of his capabilities.
 

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I liked Black Cat and I manifested my wish of seeing him doing something similar after TLRD ending period.
See, I think there's where you might be setting yourself up for disappointment. The issue here seems to be how the author is influenced from his/her own works, and I imagine it isn't so much of a case where he can't do another "Black Cat" but more along the lines of him not wanting to do another "Black Cat."

I mean, taking a look at this snippet of an interview: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=4063002&postcount=3465

It kinda sounds like he's found his niche, I actually do wonder if he'll ever go back to something Black Cat-esque when he really loves doing what he's doing now. Whether it's TLRD or a completely new series, I can imagine they'd be cut from a similar cloth.
 
  • Like
Reactions: TXC

TXC

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
930
Reaction score
188
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
One gotta love his mind set, respect.

If the next ecchi series he does have a better MC (not that difficult I'd say), even better.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
[Cross];3802978 said:
See, I think there's where you might be setting yourself up for disappointment. The issue here seems to be how the author is influenced from his/her own works, and I imagine it isn't so much of a case where he can't do another "Black Cat" but more along the lines of him not wanting to do another "Black Cat."

I mean, taking a look at this snippet of an interview: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=4063002&postcount=3465

It kinda sounds like he's found his niche, I actually do wonder if he'll ever go back to something Black Cat-esque when he really loves doing what he's doing now. Whether it's TLRD or a completely new series, I can imagine they'd be cut from a similar cloth.
It wouldn't be a huge disappointment because I read plenty of series and it would be just one more, but it is unfortunate indeed. I'm gonna cut out him from my list of possible readings in the future. =/
 
Last edited:

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,405
Reaction score
39,131
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
 
Last edited by a moderator:

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I dunno about it being a typo, I feel like they should know well ahead of time whether it'll be published or not. Most likely, they'll just do a special feature of some sorts or reprint a recent chapter so it'll still be "in the magazine."

Also, I completely did not realize Seraph v1 was coming out in English tomorrow. Going to have to see if I can get that. Sadly, my copy of SQ and Sousei v2 seem to be stuck in shipping hell...
Seems they were told late that there wouldnt be a BLue Exorcist chapter.

Love the miniposter with my v1 of seraph.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Seems they were told late that there wouldnt be a BLue Exorcist chapter.

Love the miniposter with my v1 of seraph.
Yeah, I figured that's what happened. Didn't stop me from getting my hopes up, but oh well.
I hope Seraph sells well. What I REALLY want is for the light novel series to get released in English, but I doubt that'll happen since those are published by Kodansha. The author's writing style is pathetically easy to read though, so I guess I can just buy them in Japanese in the meanwhile.

---------- Post added June 16, 2014 at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was June 12, 2014 at 09:16 AM ----------

Fantasma has ended in this month's Jump SQ.19.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Fantasma has ended in this month's Jump SQ.19.

Wow it transferred just to end, that is unfortunate. I hope the writer tries another series, loved the art.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wow it transferred just to end, that is unfortunate. I hope the writer tries another series, loved the art.
Agreed, the art was really good. I'm wondering if the artist would be able to handle a new monthly though, since I cant think of any reason to transfer to SQ.19 for two chapters other than needing to take more time to draw the series.

Volume 3 will come out on July 4th, guess that's one more to add to my order.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top