Jump Super Stars | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Jump Super Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinwei

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, they've just announced that the sequel to this game, Jump Ultimate Stars, will be coming out this winter, but we don't even have a thread discussing the first one yet!

I love Jump Super Stars. Especially now that I've got two copies of the game so I can play with my brother, it's extremely awesome!!

In case you don't know what Jump Super Stars is, it's a Japan-only game for the Nintendo DS that features 160 different characters from 27 series of Jump manga. At the start you play through a bunch of missions in the J-Adventure mode to unlock "Komas", which are these little manga panels that are anywhere from one to seven blocks in size, with varying shapes. These koma mostly represent characters from the various manga, and you equip them into your "deck", which is a 4x5 block "page" of manga that is displayed on the bottom (touch) screen during play. Touching the different koma you have equipped allows you to change characters, summon support characters, use help powerups, perform tag-team attacks, and perform dream combos. The rest of the time you'll be using the standard buttons to attack.

It's a shame this game isn't coming out in the US, but since the DS is Region-free, everyone should import it from www.lik-sang.com with free shipping! (Actually I'd recommend you wait for Jump Ultimate Stars this winter since Wi-Fi internet play has been announced).

So, to those who do have this game and love it, who are your favorite characters to play?

I love using 5-block Luffy with his Gomu Gomu Storm to devastate my opponents. 5 and 6-block Jotaro is really cool too, especially when used in conjunction with Luffy so they can perform their tag-team attack: Gomu Gomu no ORA ORA ORA!!

Let's talk deck strategy, people!

Rui

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
You and your Gomu Gomu Storm and ORA ORA tick me off.

I like Six-block Kenshin, and Five and Six-block Jotaro. Five-block Yoh's good too. Six-block Arale, Five-block Eve and Seven-block Ichigo are awesome too. I use all the help characters that heal (Kaoru and Tsunade, etc.) and support characters that do nice damage or can quickly stop attack while I block (Three-block Chopper, Two-block Sanosuke, Three-block Hao, Two and three-block Sena, etc.)
But you knew that already. So why'd I type that?

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
160 characters ? sounds insane....I heared of the game but never saw it really...

zypher

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
AWESOME!!!!!! why have i never have heard of this game before ^^

where can i get it??

Siru

Reaction score
Country
United States
Jump Super Stars is Coming to America!

Hard to believe but it is seeming it is. Go check gamefaqs and gamestop, it's coming out this month at the 13th. I'm not sure if this is a hoax or anything yet though. Though it's being developed by a company called Tammo and not Nintendo. $50 price tag which is ridiculous for a US DS game.

Discuss.

haha_lmao

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Re: Jump Super Stars is Coming to America!

yup it's coming to the US but it's not going to be translated ... but i think i would rather import jump ultimate stars

zypher

Reaction score
Country
Sweden

Anyone know when it will come to europe ??

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Coming to America but not translated? Heh. Well, I predict a lot of kids learning Japanese then.

zypher

Reaction score
Country
Sweden

A good way to learn japanese I think :p

Status
Not open for further replies.