Shounen - Juuki Ningen Jumbor by Takei Hiroyuki | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Juuki Ningen Jumbor by Takei Hiroyuki

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I for one am very interested. Shaman King was pretty good for pretty much a generic shounen series (which happened to be inspired by one of the greatest series of all time (if not the greatest, Hajime no Ippo has number one pretty solidly), JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE). Some of the action scenes are soo good. The one gripe i would have is that he made an enemy that couldnt really be beaten, which pissed me off to no end considering the inconclusiveness of the ending. However, this series looks really different. It is a steam punk series (wikipedia it) but we know little about it. Hopefully, it will have the same kind of crazy over the top action that Shaman King had and at the same time have the varied fighting styles that one finds in Shaman King.

Modified it to put in the title of the new series. ~ WL

treetz

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Re: Anyone at all interested in Takei's(shaman king mangaka) new series?

isnt it about like a painter or something

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

here is the description: The adventures of a boy named Nakaga Washiro, who can 'paint' destruction and creation

GGpX

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada

It is being overshadowed by Obata's manga, that's for sure.

I haven't checked out Shaman King, and I probably won't check this one out either.

I hope a group would pick it up.

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

I know a group is going to pick it up. It just sucks that Takei is being considered such a second-tier mangaka even after Shaman King was such a big hit (despite its ending). The premise sounds interesting enough. I just hope the premise is enough to carry the series past the initial cuts. Hopefully jump readers will catch on. Even if people didnt scanlate it, i would do it myself just to prove that it is worth it.

treetz

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score

when does it come out

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

in two weeks

barbapapa

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

Which group would that be then?
I'm somewhat interested in it, mostly because of the steampunk theme.

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I anticipate this like a small rodent anticipates the most awesome piece of cheese in the world

Kyuzo

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Interested in Takei's(shaman king mangaka) new series? (Juuki Ningen Yunbol)

I'll help scanlate it if no one picks if up for sure, I think this series should be very good. I also think that it won't be too over-shadowed by blue dragon considering that series really is promotional for the videogame and not intended to last very long. (i.e. more than a year) Plus Takei has always been able to garner popularity. SK lasted a long time.

Gret

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Re: Interested in Takei's(shaman king mangaka) new series? (Juuki Ningen Yunbol)

I want to try it out. So can someone please help scanlate it? Thx in advance. :smile-big

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

the people that do shaman king will do it (mankin-trad). Hopefully other groups will do it. I would like to have a hand in it even if it is small

manu

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

Mankin-trad isn't exactly fast... though i guess they get their lax attitude from Yoh xP

The mangaka has already one me over with Shaman King so I'll be steadly supporting in spirit who ever does this seris but has there been previews of the art ? Steampunk seems like a big venture from Shaman King so I"m not sure what to expect.

barbapapa

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

Kyuzo said:
I'll help scanlate it if no one picks if up for sure, I think this series should be very good. I also think that it won't be too over-shadowed by blue dragon considering that series really is promotional for the videogame and not intended to last very long. (i.e. more than a year) Plus Takei has always been able to garner popularity. SK lasted a long time.
That doesnt make a whole lot of sense.
Look at all the Dragon Quest games there have been, and look at how many manga series it spawned. I dont think a lot of those followed the game-stories strictly. Its just a franchise thats been created with a general outline. Mangaka or game creators can still do with those what they want.

Kyuzo

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

barbapapa said:
That doesnt make a whole lot of sense.
Look at all the Dragon Quest games there have been, and look at how many manga series it spawned. I dont think a lot of those followed the game-stories strictly. Its just a franchise thats been created with a general outline. Mangaka or game creators can still do with those what they want.
True, but those series weren't meant to be promotional they came after the games, this one is a promotional game launch manga. And, DQ mangas aren't quite up there overshadowing Naruto if you ask me. And, yes BD is turning into what you could call a franchise but its all centered around the xbox game as that's what came first then they decided to do mangas to promote it. xbox is big in the US but not in Japan so they decided to try and bring its popularity up with BD, thus they decided to get a promotional tie in with jump to acess the their target audience. It's all a marketing scheme if you ask me and I know nothing about the mangas author so I can't judge its plot, Obata always delivers though so the art will continually be good at least.

ssjohn

Reaction score
Country
United States

the people that do shaman king will do it (mankin-trad). Hopefully other groups will do it. I would like to have a hand in it even if it is small
>_> yea mankin-trad >___> they are being slow as heck with Smash bomber that they are 'supposedly' doing >__> manga-rain i could have seen do it if they where still active :( I hope this will be a good manga but i dont have high hopes for it :(

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

aren't you "supposedly" doing reverend d? dont be so quick to judge if you can't beat them either. Besides, their main project, Shaman King, is released at a pretty fast pace, so i am not worried about that one.

ssjohn

Reaction score
Country
United States

No we are doing it just translator >__> *we have c1-2 clean >__< dang school!*

and i was talking about them picking it up and doing it now..

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

Ill just put it this way, Smash Bomber is low on the list of things to do for them. You should ask them officially about it.

ssjohn

Reaction score
Country
United States

Sorry last last OT thing >.< .

Rev D is on hold in Comic Rex so there is one big reason why we are not in a rush >.>

also i think Smash bomber is over in Vjump >_> my freind said it hasnt been in the past 2-3 issues of vjump >.>