Character - Kaidoh's strength | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Character Kaidoh's strength

Sherlock Holmes

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
How strong do you think Kaidoh is right now?
Sure he lost his match in the nationals, but that's just because Kirihara beat the crap outta Inui and they had to retire.

Before that, they said that he was "invincible" and he got an entire game from Devil Kirihara and Renji. How good do you think he is right now?

And on that note, how far do you guys think he can go before he loses to Tezuka? I'm going with 6-4.

You guys think he is on, say, Fuji's level? Okay that might be a little bit of a stretch. Tachibana's level?

Last edited:

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Kaidoh's strenght

Right now? not that good..they tend to throw around certain titles in PoT (at any given time there were 3 middle schoolers with the strongest title simultaneously..depending on who you asked).

They say he's invincible because you don't know if he's going to hit a laser shot or a snake shot...but i can think of quite a few people who could beat that, Renji and Akaya could have easily adjusted it. Tezuka's zone would suck everything in, kaidohs got nothing but that snake..no smash..no drop shot, no net game no serve..Tezuka outclasses him in everyway. 6-1 to Tezuka. Fuji's level? nope..Tachibana's level? no where close. He can't touch any of the big guns.

JyAZ

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Haha. The title thing is funny. People keep saying that Sanada was the best in middle school, and that his match with Tezuka was the match to see who the best national middle school player was. WTF? What about Yukimura? What happened to him in those discussions.

Anyways, Kaidoh is good. I thought he was a stupid character really early, but he grew on me as a character. Realistically, I think Tezuka would crush Kaidoh maybe 7-2. However, I still think plot-wise, Kaidoh would be much better in the U-17 selection because he has more room for growth. Watch, I'm telling you right now. Kaidoh's going to win 8-6 against Tezuka.

EDIT: About Kaidoh being close to the other monster players, I think you're not giving him enough credit. He was doing well against Kirihara and Renji until Inui bitched out. I consider those two characters up there in the tier list.

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

8-6? Konomi cutting out Tezuka for Kaido would cause the yaoi fangirls to fight and beat the shit out of him..besides Tezuka is on the colorspread right?

JyAZ

Reaction score
Country
United States

I will agree that based on fan ratings and other things, Tezuka will most likely win. But in my opinion I think Tezuka is a pretty boring character. The only reason I liked him was because he gave his all for the team to win nationals. Nationals is already over... he doesn't offer anything good as a character to me anymore.

I think the biggest problem here is putting too many fan favorites matched up together. I guarantee, by already looking at Nioh, that a lot of people's favorite characters are getting gimped in this series sooner or later. As far as we know, we're going down from 50 to 25 players before the series really goes any where. They're also not the 25 best or favorite players. I mean come on. Like people said before, we're not going to get to see Nioh or Yukimura/Sanada, but we're getting crappy players like Tanishi and maybe even Kadowaki? The hell?

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

I agree with your last paragraph....

As for Tezuka being boring..thats Konomis fault for not fleshing out his characters, we actually know next to nothing about them off the court, the 40.5 etc help but are not enough to truly understand the character.

Its like Atobe said, he thought Tezuka was cool and calculating,a dn was surprised at his vigor in kanto.

Also, while a mangaka's story is his story..you never want to piss off the fanbase..it's not safe.

javimgol

Reaction score
Country
Spain

Tezuka isn´t boring...he has the two most incredible shots of Pot, Tezuka Zone/Phantom (well Maybe Hoshi Hanabi is similar). It was stated in the match Sanada-Ryoma that Kanto's Tezuka (with no Muga,Hyakuren...) was better than them. And why? Because he is the guy who can a hundred shots and serves to line, return everything with TZone... maybe the annoying is that only injuries (Atobe), copies (Kabaji) or amazingly power shots (Sanada) can beat him,and no regular player in his whole life could beat him

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

You left out Ryoma, and possibly Shiraishi.

javimgol

Reaction score
Country
Spain

You left out Ryoma, and possibly Shiraishi.
Ryoma=God in PoT.
And I don´t know how Shiraishi could counter TPhatom,TZone,Hyakuren,Saiki...

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States

There is no way Kaidoh is beating Tezuka lol.

As for where Kaidoh stands, he isn't much better than where he used to be. Yagyuu has the same play-style, only Yagyuu is better. I honestly think Kaidoh didn't even reach Krauser's level yet.

javimgol

Reaction score
Country
Spain

There is no way Kaidoh is beating Tezuka lol.

As for where Kaidoh stands, he isn't much better than where he used to be. Yagyuu has the same play-style, only Yagyuu is better. I honestly think Kaidoh didn't even reach Krauser's level yet.
Well, I think it's to early to judge Krauser. We only know that he was owning Red-Eyes Akaya till he got Devil Mode, when the owned was Krauser

JyAZ

Reaction score
Country
United States

Tezuka isn´t boring...he has the two most incredible shots of Pot, Tezuka Zone/Phantom (well Maybe Hoshi Hanabi is similar). It was stated in the match Sanada-Ryoma that Kanto's Tezuka (with no Muga,Hyakuren...) was better than them. And why? Because he is the guy who can a hundred shots and serves to line, return everything with TZone... maybe the annoying is that only injuries (Atobe), copies (Kabaji) or amazingly power shots (Sanada) can beat him,and no regular player in his whole life could beat him
Exactly. He's good. He hasn't really grown at all as a character. Boring. He's been the most static character in the whole manga relative to his face time.

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States

Tezuka is the only character who has never showed any emotions. Unless he is crying over his arm. Compared to other characters like him;

Yukimura shows arrogance and anger.
Sanada shows anger, arrogance, and sadistic joy
Kaidoh shows anger and arrogance

Yuki and Sanada have smiled more than once, Tezuka and Kaidoh have not.

Last edited:

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

Tezuka smirked once, and i think he smiled when he found out his arm was okay.

It's his background, he's an only child and his family is in police force.

javimgol

Reaction score
Country
Spain

Tezuka smirked once, and i think he smiled when he found out his arm was okay.

It's his background, he's an only child and his family is in police force.
Tezuka smiled in the last chapter, Inui recorded it.
And no emotions don't mean boring character. If you read Naruto, think about Itachi, or Aizen in Bleach...

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

And no emotions don't mean boring character. If you read Naruto, think about Itachi, or Aizen in Bleach...
I never said he was boring, i just gave a possible explanation for his quiet nature.

Tezuka also has a confident arrogant personality and loves toying with his opponents.

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States

Having confidence and showing confidence are completely different. Tezuka doesn't "show" any emotion.

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

His only time of vulnerability was in flashbacks. He seemed more open then.

He's pretty much impossible to read.

and i think

"Is your conviction this much" and lines like that show a bit of confidence

DavenSodan

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany

It would have been so easy to give them a little bit more background. Why arent Tezukas or Kaidohs parents there? Not even once. Dont they care about that their children could win the Japan jounir championship? With a few more chapters, maybe one for each main char, the matches could have been way more dramatic and maybe then I would have wanted Tezuka to win over Sanada.

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada

I beg to differ.
I read naruto, and find Itachi the most dreadfully boring character ever.
And Aizen as well.

Aizen seems to be the author trying TOO HARD to make a character look cool. It's like he put the magnificent bastard xanatos gambit and AGodAmI tropes in a blender, forgot to add a personality to it, and called the result Aizen. He's boring. I normally love Magnificent Bastards, but this bastard in particular is not magnificent. He is just a bastard who plans ahead. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE!

//rant

With that said, do you guys think Kaidoh will show his devil mode against Tezuka?