Shounen - Kengan Ashura/Omega | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Kengan Ashura/Omega

LaserBeam

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece
Lmao, now I see this question after witnessing the "crush" scene. You bastard, you know what comes next and you ask me these type of questions on purpose, don't you? :XD

My answer before these chapters would have been "pretty normal, nothing out from this world", but after seeing that scene I must say that's pretty damn good too, haha. "Kelp-thulu the dark one", lmao I'm dead.
lol rihito knows the way man

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Ok, up to chapter 51. Now that I've made it this far, I can safely say that as of now this is one of the best tournament arcs I've ever had the pleasure to read in shonen. Each and every single one of the characters thus far has had his own backstory, his own motives as well as his unique fighting style and design. Each one of them is unique and I really like it. It adds so much to the series. The explanations given to the plot twists are satisfactory and believable too. I've only finished the two first matches from the tournament but I can already tell that this is going to be one hell of a ride and I'm only at the beginning.

I was worried that with that many characters, the author might not be able to give them an appropriate background and uniqueness, but I'm glad I was wrong. Can't wait to see more, especially from the Fang (which I'm really hyped to see in action), now if you excuse me, I'll keep reading :hee

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Ok, up to chapter 51. Now that I've made it this far, I can safely say that as of now this is one of the best tournament arcs I've ever had the pleasure to read in shonen. Each and every single one of the characters thus far has had his own backstory, his own motives as well as his unique fighting style and design. Each one of them is unique and I really like it. It adds so much to the series. The explanations given to the plot twists are satisfactory and believable too. I've only finished the two first matches from the tournament but I can already tell that this is going to be one hell of a ride and I'm only at the beginning.

I was worried that with that many characters, the author might not be able to give them an appropriate background and uniqueness, but I'm glad I was wrong. Can't wait to see more, especially from the Fang (which I'm really hyped to see in action), now if you excuse me, I'll keep reading :hee
Wait so you are done with adam dudley vs cosmos and haruo vs akoya?
Anyway about the whole thing you said about "that many characters, the author might not be able to give them an appropriate background and uniqueness"
Well there are authors like nakaba who sucks at doing this and authors like: Yabako Sandrovich , oda and others who are capable of doing this.

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Wait so you are done with adam dudley vs cosmos and haruo vs akoya?
Anyway about the whole thing you said about "that many characters, the author might not be able to give them an appropriate background and uniqueness"
Well there are authors like nakaba who sucks at doing this and authors like: Yabako Sandrovich , oda and others who are capable of doing this.
Yeah, those were pretty good fights that set up a really good start for the tournament. I'm currently in the middle of the third fight, Robinson vs Raian and I'm really liking it too. The battle choreography is so good and that's not all there's to it like I really said. Each side character has its own uniqueness and that makes you be really interested in continue to read the following fights. The art helps a lot too, the movements each character makes, as well as the explanations are really well done and understandable. There are some fighting mangas in which you have trouble discerning what's actually happening during the action, but this series does a good job on that aspect too.

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Yeah, those were pretty good fights that set up a really good start for the tournament. I'm currently in the middle of the third fight, Robinson vs Raian and I'm really liking it too. The battle choreography is so good and that's not all there's to it like I really said. Each side character has its own uniqueness and that makes you be really interested in continue to read the following fights. The art helps a lot too, the movements each character makes, as well as the explanations are really well done and understandable. There are some fighting mangas in which you have trouble discerning what's actually happening during the action, but this series does a good job on that aspect too.
That's why i suggested this to you.

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
That's why i suggested this to you.
Just finished the third match right now. When you try to use nakama power but this isn't Fairy Tail and most important, you're not the main protagonist... F for Robinson. That was a one-sided massacre for the poor man.

The introduced concept of breaking your limiter is really interesting. That's what Ohma probably did against Sekibayashi. Though I have a feeling what he did was slightly different. I wonder if there are other fighters in this tournament who can actually replicate this sort of thing. I hope so. My guess is that Ohma, Kiryu and Agito are a given pretty much, but I wonder who else can do it...

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Just finished the third match right now. When you try to use nakama power but this isn't Fairy Tail and most important, you're not the main protagonist... F for Robinson. That was a one-sided massacre for the poor man.

The introduced concept of breaking your limiter is really interesting. That's what Ohma probably did against Sekibayashi. Though I have a feeling what he did was slightly different. I wonder if there are other fighters in this tournament who can actually replicate this sort of thing. I hope so. My guess is that Ohma, Kiryu and Agito are a given pretty much, but I wonder who else can do it...
Well robinson was strong that's why i guess raian used the advance to beat him fast and without injuries because the schedule is tight and they do not have enough free days so that their injuries will get recoverd 100% until the next fight which means the more injured you are from th 1rst round those injures are gonna get greater the more you progress to the next fights.

This overrall will affect the action preformance of the fighter pretty much what i am saying even kure holis said it trying to justify why raian used the advance because he did not wanted a prolonged fight with mokitchi.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Did you liked the way raian was introduced?

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Did you liked the way raian was introduced?
Yeah, it was just pure carnage and savagery. Now, I'm on the beginning of the fourth match, I still haven't started it. Up to chapter 58. I'll update later on with my thoughts.

Ohma's fight against Inaba Ryo was also really good. Again, the uniqueness that each fight possesses is incredible. The strange footwork and hair attacks. Both were really interesting. As expected, Ohma won but Ryo put some work in there.

But then... came Takeshi's fight and HOLY MOTHER OF JESUS! That was short but really fucking intense. I like how despite the fight being short, the author still managed to make his opponent came off as a really strong foe to be reckoned with. Guess those 306 wins are not just for nothing. I wonder who are the two people that managed to give this tank monster two losses. Obviously, one comes 1000% from the Fang of Metsudo, the other L, I don't know.

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Yeah, it was just pure carnage and savagery. Now, I'm on the beginning of the fourth match, I still haven't started it. Up to chapter 58. I'll update later on with my thoughts.
Ah yeah i totally forgot did you liked the whole difference kengan group factions?

Like: the four dragons, the sociaty of the hundreds and the rest of the factions?

Ohma's fight against Inaba Ryo was also really good. Again, the uniqueness that each fight possesses is incredible. The strange footwork and hair attacks. Both were really interesting. As expected, Ohma won but Ryo put some work in there.

But then... came Takeshi's fight and HOLY MOTHER OF JESUS! That was short but really fucking intense. I like how despite the fight being short, the author still managed to make his opponent came off as a really strong foe to be reckoned with. Guess those 306 wins are not just for nothing. I wonder who are the two people that managed to give this tank monster two losses. Obviously, one comes 1000% from the Fang of Metsudo, the other L, I don't know.
Ah yes i think the 2nd fighter who defeated wakatsuki was hatsumi sen the guy who is nogi's fighter :D

Well about the short fight between wakatsuki vs murobuchi now you begin to understand why i was always complaining in the nnt about the action/fights been awful.
Nakaba's either short or long fights are just fake ass fights. No tension no real fighting and a ton of dialogue and just little action.
In kengan ashura they talk but it is not like this takes away from the action there is some good balance.

Last edited:

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Ah yeah i totally forgot did you liked the whole difference kengan group factions?

Like: the four dragons, the sociaty of the hundreds and the rest of the factions?
It was fine. I can't say much more about it because we've barely seen anything of them. The way it's structured is interesting though. The Society of the Hundreds has been the most active thus far, and all of them are puppets from Hayami Katsumasa. Their power and influence seems to be really great, though and they are clearly scheming something. They're (well, mostly Katsumasa) making this tournament very interesting, trying to find benefit in all the loopholes and sending other warriors to the island with unknown purposes thus far.

Ah yes i think the 2nd fighter who defeated wakatsuki was hatsumi sen the guy who is nogi's fighter :D

Well about the short fight between wakatsuki vs murobuchi now you begin to understand why i was always complaining in the nnt about the action/fights been awful.
Nakaba's either short or long fights are just fake ass fights. No tension no real fighting and a ton of dialogue and just little action.
In kengan ashura they talk but it is not like this takes away from the action there is some good balance.
Oh really? Hatsumi Sen? I wasn't expecting it, I thought it would be someone else, but I guess it makes sense. He has been portrayed as a monster too. Nice spoiler too, btw, haha.

I'm impressed with the way the author handles the dialogues. Usually, when you write dialogues or thoughts of characters that are in the middle of the battle that can create incongruences within the flow of time of the fight, but here this problem gets resolved really well most of the time. Either the thoughts are made by other characters that aren't fighting, or if those are made by one character that's fighting it's in between the action frames when they are at some distance of each other. On the other hand, this "problem" might be unavoidable, because sometimes the only way you can carry out the plot the way you want is with the dialogue, so a lack of it might result counterproductive too.

Yeah, I understood what you wanted to say with the NNT's fights even before reading this series. All of what you say is especially true for the last part of the series, in which everything became a total mess, be the plot, the inconsistencies in the power scaling, the fake tension and drama, characters holding back a lot because reasons (looking at you Meliodas) and characters that didn't use their abilities accordingly (Merlin being the best example of that, though to be fair I think nobody knew the real limits of her arsenal, not even Nakaba himself, haha).

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
It was fine. I can't say much more about it because we've barely seen anything of them. The way it's structured is interesting though. The Society of the Hundreds has been the most active thus far, and all of them are puppets from Hayami Katsumasa. Their power and influence seems to be really great, though and they are clearly scheming something. They're (well, mostly Katsumasa) making this tournament very interesting, trying to find benefit in all the loopholes and sending other warriors to the island with unknown purposes thus far.

Oh really? Hatsumi Sen? I wasn't expecting it, I thought it would be someone else, but I guess it makes sense. He has been portrayed as a monster too. Nice spoiler too, btw, haha.

I'm impressed with the way the author handles the dialogues. Usually, when you write dialogues or thoughts of characters that are in the middle of the battle that can create incongruences within the flow of time of the fight, but here this problem gets resolved really well most of the time. Either the thoughts are made by other characters that aren't fighting, or if those are made by one character that's fighting it's in between the action frames when they are at some distance of each other. On the other hand, this "problem" might be unavoidable, because sometimes the only way you can carry out the plot the way you want is with the dialogue, so a lack of it might result counterproductive too.

Yeah, I understood what you wanted to say with the NNT's fights even before reading this series. All of what you say is especially true for the last part of the series, in which everything became a total mess, be the plot, the inconsistencies in the power scaling, the fake tension and drama, characters holding back a lot because reasons (looking at you Meliodas) and characters that didn't use their abilities accordingly (Merlin being the best example of that, though to be fair I think nobody knew the real limits of her arsenal, not even Nakaba himself, haha).
I think we already have seen some factions moving

1rst is the 4 dragons faction in which : nogi group , yato trading c.o , furumi pharmacheticals and byakya news
in which we see the follow fighters for nogi group is hatsumi sen , for yato trading c.o have goalang the thai god of war , furumi pharmecheticals have wakatsuki takeshi and byakya news unfortunately had their fighter (Takemoto Hisayasu ) defeated by nikaido ren who unfortunately works for tokyo electric and the sociaty of the hundred

Then we have the 3 nobles factions which unfortunately are represented by the only 2 alive companies one of them was nentendo who had haruo

The we have the sociaty of the hundred led by tokyo electric and hayami katsumasa is the guy had had other fighters exept kaneda inflitrating during the ship fights and got 2 extra fighter positions

The rest are danipon bank lead by katahara metsudo.
An unknown affiliation group of random companies which that joined because they were afraid that the 4 dragons group begun getting too much power.

some other random companies affitrating with either one of the 2 groups or they are just alone in the wind.

So far we see danipon bank vs nogi vs tokyo electric mostly the rest of the companies want to either just survive because nogi for example if he loses he is gonnna have nice company done for so in this tournament you may get saved or lose usually those who lost early enough they lose but those who proceeds further even if they lose will be ok like that girl who had his dad died and she inherite her dads company but she sucked so much she was almost on the bring of getting her company closed and pretty much she was saved because she bet on fighters they won.

Last edited:

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Up to chapter 90. A lot of things happened:

- Julius vs Keizaburo: I really liked the schemes Toyo Electric Power pulled during this fight. Even though the official match ended as soon as it started, the later fight they have goes exactly as I expected. Keizaburo was really strong, but he was up against a freaking monster (literally, lol). His style of using ballet was very original and powerful. Really excited to see Takeshi face off against Julius. I think it's one of the matches I'm most hyped for.

- Gizenga vs Megura: Battle of insane serial killers. This battle was insane! The level of dirtiness made me remember Hanayama Kaoru vs Speck from Baki (don't know if you have read or watched it, but it is also a pretty good action manga). I thought it was strange at some point because at first Gizenga was getting clearly overwhelmed and was sweating a lot like if a monster was in front of him, but suddenly he started gaining more ground and ground until he overpowered him (like if the fear suddenly dissipated, maybe I missed something while reading it).

- Sekibayashi vs Takeru: Sumo vs Pro-Wrestling. I have to say that Sekibayashi probably became one of my favourite characters in this series after this match. The way he stood loyal to his style until the very end was mad respectable. His courage and willpower were really great too. I thought the number of blows he took was a little bit too much, but I guess it was within expectations considering his fighting style.

- Yoshinari vs Saw Paing: Really liked the lore of the two fighters and how the match went on. Though I have to say it, I think Saw Paing's head being able to resist hammer swings from muscle monsters at the age of five is quite ridiculous and unrealistic, tbh, no matter how superhuman he is, lol.

- Nezu vs Mikazuchi: Well... that was fast, lol. Rei being like:

Ohma's transformation technique being taught by someone else also is also pretty interesting. He doesn't seem to know or remember who was the one who taught to him that in the first place. Judging by his reaction, I guess he thought that it was his master, but guess not. Really interested in knowing more about that.

My only complain with this manga thus far is that some things feel far too unrealistic and nuts. I get that all the characters presented here are supposed to be superhuman, but still, a 5-year-old's skull getting hit with a hammer that is being swung by a really strong guy and not breaking and a baby walking with only 10 days of being born is just insane. Other than that though, the manga has been pretty damn great and I'm really liking it thus far.

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Up to chapter 90. A lot of things happened:

- Julius vs Keizaburo: I really liked the schemes Toyo Electric Power pulled during this fight. Even though the official match ended as soon as it started, the later fight they have goes exactly as I expected. Keizaburo was really strong, but he was up against a freaking monster (literally, lol). His style of using ballet was very original and powerful. Really excited to see Takeshi face off against Julius. I think it's one of the matches I'm most hyped for.

- Gizenga vs Megura: Battle of insane serial killers. This battle was insane! The level of dirtiness made me remember Hanayama Kaoru vs Speck from Baki (don't know if you have read or watched it, but it is also a pretty good action manga). I thought it was strange at some point because at first Gizenga was getting clearly overwhelmed and was sweating a lot like if a monster was in front of him, but suddenly he started gaining more ground and ground until he overpowered him (like if the fear suddenly dissipated, maybe I missed something while reading it).

- Sekibayashi vs Takeru: Sumo vs Pro-Wrestling. I have to say that Sekibayashi probably became one of my favourite characters in this series after this match. The way he stood loyal to his style until the very end was mad respectable. His courage and willpower were really great too. I thought the number of blows he took was a little bit too much, but I guess it was within expectations considering his fighting style.

- Yoshinari vs Saw Paing: Really liked the lore of the two fighters and how the match went on. Though I have to say it, I think Saw Paing's head being able to resist hammer swings from muscle monsters at the age of five is quite ridiculous and unrealistic, tbh, no matter how superhuman he is, lol.

- Nezu vs Mikazuchi: Well... that was fast, lol. Rei being like:

Ohma's transformation technique being taught by someone else also is also pretty interesting. He doesn't seem to know or remember who was the one who taught to him that in the first place. Judging by his reaction, I guess he thought that it was his master, but guess not. Really interested in knowing more about that.

My only complain with this manga thus far is that some things feel far too unrealistic and nuts. I get that all the characters presented here are supposed to be superhuman, but still, a 5-year-old's skull getting hit with a hammer that is being swung by a really strong guy and not breaking and a baby walking with only 10 days of being born is just insane. Other than that though, the manga has been pretty damn great and I'm really liking it thus far.
sekibayshi is literally "DA MAN" his backstory the way he got his name by that president guy who later died and seki respected that guys wishes by becoming a pro wrestler it was great.

The guy even inspired me to go back to my gymn training lol such an inspirational guy.

ah yes i am familiar with baki and baki has it way more crazy if i remember yojiro hanma was able to stop a freaking earthquake and they even revived a neatherdal guy named pickles who was supposed to have lived in the era of dinosaurs... lol we all know human kind hadn't even evolved during that era because dinosaurs ruled the earth that time and mammals were like small rats hiding in underground holes.

Last edited:

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Up to chapter 120. I've finished the first round and now I'm into the beginning of the second round.

- Rihito vs Kuroki Gensai: Geez, that old man is really OP. I didn't expect him to be this strong, I kinda felt bad for Rihito (though, it was to be expected to some extent). What I like about this series though, is that despite a character being way stronger than the other, it still manages to portray that way weaker character as a really strong foe to be reckoned with. The author normally doesn't do the hype tool technique of one character completely destroying the other in a matter of seconds, and I'm really proud of that.

- Kiryu vs Nikaido Ren: I actually didn't expect that dude to put up so much of a fight. Obviously, Kiryu was way stronger overall, but the techniques both showed were really interesting. It also looks like Kiryu has some kind of demon inside him, lol. I really wonder what that is. Really hyped to see him and Kuroki Gensai duke it out in the next round.

- Hatsumi Sen vs Chiba: That faceless man had a really interesting ability, but obviously we all knew it was impossible for Hatsumi to lose in the first round. Again, I really like how these weaker characters are portrayed. It was stated that if this dude had played his cards better, he would have stood a chance in actually beating Hatsumi, but it didn't go as he planned.

- Hanafusa vs Bando: Battle of sick medicine students. I thought that the doctor would win, but after seeing the outcome, I can say it was pretty well done. Hanafusa is among my favourite characters now too. He's too fucked up but still manages to be an entertaining and charismatic fellow, with a very interesting set of abilities and design.

- Gaolang vs Kaneda: I found Kaneda interesting before this battle, but after seeing his backstory and how far was he willing to go made him one of my favourite characters, pretty damn relatable. Not everyone is born with talent and a strong body to keep up, but he still did a damn respectable job against his foe who had the title of the motherfucking Thai God of War (not your average nobody, haha)

- Kanoh Agito vs Okubo: This is a fight that we all knew who was going to be the winner, but I really liked how it actually wasn't a one-sided beatdown like I predicted. Okubo really did a good job, I always saw him as a really strong foe with a really friendly personality and aura that didn't showcase how strong he truly was. The King of Combat didn't disappoint, I liked his show of mixed martial arts and how he combined those, but at the end he was up against a Saiyan (literally, lol, dude evolves in the middle of the fight).

Another interesting thing is that it now looks clear that Ohma suffers from memory loss (as if it wasn't clear enough the moment he didn't remember the one who taught him the advance technique) and that this memory loss is actually weakening him. Hopefully, he can recover his memories soon. I really like how despite him being the protagonist, if you would ask a person who hasn't read this series at all who is the protagonist, he/she would actually have a hard time saying who is the one because the amount of screentime and development he gets is no different from pretty much all the other important fighters. As Thanos would say: "Pretty balanced, as all things should be" :XD

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Up to chapter 120. I've finished the first round and now I'm into the beginning of the second round.

- Rihito vs Kuroki Gensai: Geez, that old man is really OP. I didn't expect him to be this strong, I kinda felt bad for Rihito (though, it was to be expected to some extent). What I like about this series though, is that despite a character being way stronger than the other, it still manages to portray that way weaker character as a really strong foe to be reckoned with. The author normally doesn't do the hype tool technique of one character completely destroying the other in a matter of seconds, and I'm really proud of that.
I think it is because rihito is like a brawler and the only thing he knows is using his fingers to slash.
Kuroki is a very experienced martial artists i think
kuroki gave him some respect because he could have easily kill him and he even went into trouble trying to force rihito to acknowledge that kuroki simply out of his league and admit defeat but rihito was pretty stubborn and he continue fighting him.

Too bad he could not keep the promise he gave to sawada the balarin guy, that's why he kinda cries in the end he kinda felt like a useless trash who
could not even keep a promise.

- Kiryu vs Nikaido Ren: I actually didn't expect that dude to put up so much of a fight. Obviously, Kiryu was way stronger overall, but the techniques both showed were really interesting. It also looks like Kiryu has some kind of demon inside him, lol. I really wonder what that is. Really hyped to see him and Kuroki Gensai duke it out in the next round.
Kiryu kinda went easy on nikaido.

- Hatsumi Sen vs Chiba: That faceless man had a really interesting ability, but obviously we all knew it was impossible for Hatsumi to lose in the first round. Again, I really like how these weaker characters are portrayed. It was stated that if this dude had played his cards better, he would have stood a chance in actually beating Hatsumi, but it didn't go as he planned.
I think chiba was strong and the only reason why he lost is he spammed the wrong technigue against hatsumi because hatsumi knew how to counter
it

- Hanafusa vs Bando: Battle of sick medicine students. I thought that the doctor would win, but after seeing the outcome, I can say it was pretty well done. Hanafusa is among my favourite characters now too. He's too fucked up but still manages to be an entertaining and charismatic fellow, with a very interesting set of abilities and design.
My least favorite fight lol for some reason it went a bit to the lvl of baki for me with the doctor who got killed to coming back to life

- Gaolang vs Kaneda: I found Kaneda interesting before this battle, but after seeing his backstory and how far was he willing to go made him one of my favourite characters, pretty damn relatable. Not everyone is born with talent and a strong body to keep up, but he still did a damn respectable job against his foe who had the title of the motherfucking Thai God of War (not your average nobody, haha)
I am pretty sure a lot of people can related with kaneda the whole thing he tries to break free from been weak.

- Kanoh Agito vs Okubo: This is a fight that we all knew who was going to be the winner, but I really liked how it actually wasn't a one-sided beatdown like I predicted. Okubo really did a good job, I always saw him as a really strong foe with a really friendly personality and aura that didn't showcase how strong he truly was. The King of Combat didn't disappoint, I liked his show of mixed martial arts and how he combined those, but at the end he was up against a Saiyan (literally, lol, dude evolves in the middle of the fight).
I think if okubo fought another fighter maybe someone like mokichi , rihito or someone else he would pass to the 2nd round because he was pretty strong but alas the guy was lucky fighting the best kengan fighter with o loses and many wins.
Now i quess you know why wakatsuki lost because fang is evolving during fight meaning he finds ways to counter techniques thus the only way to beat him is to deal with his as fast as you can because in a prolonged fight well things get bad.

Another interesting thing is that it now looks clear that Ohma suffers from memory loss (as if it wasn't clear enough the moment he didn't remember the one who taught him the advance technique) and that this memory loss is actually weakening him. Hopefully, he can recover his memories soon. I really like how despite him being the protagonist, if you would ask a person who hasn't read this series at all who is the protagonist, he/she would actually have a hard time saying who is the one because the amount of screentime and development he gets is no different from pretty much all the other important fighters. As Thanos would say: "Pretty balanced, as all things should be" :XD
Yes ohma suffers from memory loss

Last edited:

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Ok, usually I don't write updates this quickly, but this time is an exception. Up to chapter 126. Just finished the Cosmo vs Akoya fight and YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Call this fight fucking epic is an understatement. Holy mother of Jesus, what an insane fight from start to finish. Loved Cosmo's character development during the fight, which was foreshadowed during the Seki vs that sumo guy fight when Akira alluded that his lack of courage was one of his weak points. It was done really well. The battle choreography was really well done too and twists kept happening over and over again that made you stand at the border of your seat thinking of what would happen next and who would win the fight. The brutality was insane too. Even though I think the amount of damage Cosmo sustained is quite unrealistic, to say the least, I think this is probably the best fight of the series for me thus far, and that's really saying something because this series' fights are really pretty freaking well done for the most part.

Can't wait for the next fight! This tournament, when it comes to fights overall, I think it's most likely the best I've read in my life. There are some flaws obviously as I don't think any fictional work is free of those, but it's still really great and incredibly entertaining.

Last edited:

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Ok, usually I don't write updates this quickly, but this time is an exception. Up to chapter 126. Just finished the Cosmo vs Akoya fight and YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Call this fight fucking epic is an understatement. Holy mother of Jesus, what an insane fight from start to finish. Loved Cosmo's character development during the fight, which was foreshadowed during the Seki vs that sumo guy fight when Akira alluded that his lack of courage was one of his weak points. It was done really well. The battle choreography was really well done too and twists kept happening over and over again that made you stand at the border of your seat thinking of what would happen next and who would win the fight. The brutality was insane too. Even though I think the amount of damage Cosmo sustained is quite unrealistic, to say the least, I think this is probably the best fight of the series for me thus far, and that's really saying something because this series' fights are really pretty freaking well done for the most part.

Can't wait for the next fight! This tournament, when it comes to fights overall, I think it's most likely the best I've read in my life. There are some flaws obviously as I don't think any fictional work is free of those, but it's still really great and incredibly entertaining.
i wanted akoya to win in that fight lol because justice needs to be done!!! :D

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Up to chapter 170. Just finished the second round of the tournament and holy shit, this series keeps surprising me more and more.

- Raian vs Ohma: Beastly fight from start to finish. It is also probably the best-drawn fight of the series too. The faces the two of them were making, as well as the exchange of blows and the techniques. Everything was magnificently drawn. Ohma went back to prime condition after recovering his memories, but even though he won, Raian still didn't use any assassination techniques. If he had fought with everything he had, I doubt Ohma would have won. In the end, Raian's own stubbornness to overwhelm his opponent with brute strength alone ended up in him losing in the second round.

- Takeshi vs Julius: I was really expecting this fight, mainly because Takeshi is also among my favourite characters, and it didn't disappoint at all. It was indeed a battle of fucking monsters. I thought for a second that the whole stadium wouldn't be able to hold tight, lol. In the end, Takeshi won but I liked how during the most part of the fight, Julius was the one holding the advantage but at the end lost just because he didn't take into account that the Blast Core could be used in the legs too, and the legs are way stronger than the arms. Even though it could be seen as a little disappointing that the top 2 company got out of the tournament in the second round, Julius was indeed a monster to be reckoned with. I really liked how he wasn't just pure muscle and he actually studied a lot of physiology for building his muscles and for the battle.

- Muteba vs Sekibayashi: You know you're manly when a fucking genocider that wants to end a battle as quickly and as efficiently as possible, respects you and ends you the way you wanted. Marvellous Seki, indeed marvellous. We also got a little bit more insight on Muteba and the guy is surprisingly saner than what I initially thought, lol, and by the looks of it, he still has some cards up his sleeve to play. He really is a dirty fighter, and I love that.

- Saw Paing vs Rei: Honestly, after hearing the motivations both had in this battle, I really wanted Saw Paing to win, but deep down, part of me knew that that actually wouldn't come true. Another thing I really like about this series is that friendship and bonds barely mean something. If you win a battle, it's not because your bonds or some shit like that are stronger, but because your overall physique, technique and intelligence exceeded that of your opponent's.

- Kuroki Gensai vs Setsuna: Muscle bear fingers boy almost to death, haha. Nah, jokes aside, I would be lying if I did say that the outcome of this fight was something that I was expecting. I thought the plot would protect Setsuna and let him advance to the final round, but I guess this tournament's outcomes aren't as evident as I thought they would be (another thing I really like). Really liked Setsuna's backstory too and the choreography and art for this fight especially caught my interest among the other fights too, along with the Raian vs Ohma fight. Looks like I really underestimated the old man. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes it to the final round and not even the Fang can beat him.

- Hatsumi Sen vs Bando: Now this one was quite obvious that Sen would win, but again, the way each character has its own unique charm, design, fighting style and motives is really well done. Really hyped to see Sen in peak condition against the Fang (though, I think the Fang will still win that).

- Kanoh vs Gaolang: Wow, I didn't expect Gaolang to put that much of a fight. My respects to him. The title of Thai God of War really lived up to its hype. I really liked how Kanoh tried to subdue him with Gaolang's own fighting style, but at the end, he had to abandon that because his adaptation wasn't enough to surpass him in blows during the battle and had to resort in his own tactics and fighting style. Really shows how broken Gaolang was as a fighter. Another thing that caught my attention is that Kanoh seems to have a multiple personality disorder since the dude calls himself "we" or "us", and some other times "I". Really interested in knowing his backstory.

Now, if you excuse me I'll read more :hee

Last edited:

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Up to chapter 170. Just finished the second round of the tournament and holy shit, this series keeps surprising me more and more.

- Raian vs Ohma: Beastly fight from start to finish. It is also probably the best-drawn fight of the series too. The faces the two of them were making, as well as the exchange of blows and the techniques. Everything was magnificently drawn. Ohma went back to prime condition after recovering his memories, but even though he won, Raian still didn't use any assassination techniques. If he had fought with everything he had, I doubt Ohma would have won. In the end, Raian's own stubbornness to overwhelm his opponent with brute strength alone ended up in him losing in the second round.
Yep raian stubborness was the primary reason of not winning against ohma but the guy always wented to overpower everyone with brute force
because no one could match up to his strength i think he was looking up for some fun something to really stimulate the feeling of a real fight.
because like one punch and saitama taught us been super strong and beating everyone effortless is boring.

- Takeshi vs Julius: I was really expecting this fight, mainly because Takeshi is also among my favourite characters, and it didn't disappoint at all. It was indeed a battle of fucking monsters. I thought for a second that the whole stadium wouldn't be able to hold tight, lol. In the end, Takeshi won but I liked how during the most part of the fight, Julius was the one holding the advantage but at the end lost just because he didn't take into account that the Blast Core could be used in the legs too, and the legs are way stronger than the arms. Even though it could be seen as a little disappointing that the top 2 company got out of the tournament in the second round, Julius was indeed a monster to be reckoned with. I really liked how he wasn't just pure muscle and he actually studied a lot of physiology for building his muscles and for the battle.
Both were matched in terms of strength but since julious had a bigger frame meaning he was bigger in size his body had more resilent to enemy attacks.
It is interesting to see that julious himself is not the classic big strong armstrong type of a fighter but rather he is clever and likes to read a lot lol.
julious believes that techniques are for pussies as he overpowers everyone with pure strength

I think wakatsuki hitting in the next and head really did the job because legs have more power than arms i think 3 times or 5 times i am not so sure but definetely a kick is stronger plus hitting on the head well...

- Muteba vs Sekibayashi: You know you're manly when a fucking genocider that wants to end a battle as quickly and as efficiently as possible, respects you and ends you the way you wanted. Marvellous Seki, indeed marvellous. We also got a little bit more insight on Muteba and the guy is surprisingly saner than what I initially thought, lol, and by the looks of it, he still has some cards up his sleeve to play. He really is a dirty fighter, and I love that.
people are discussing that sekibayashi had the potential to go further if he had actually put aside his pro wrestling ideals and actually blocking and attacking because this guy never blocked any attack he took everything head on so his body is resilent as hell.
by the way we see a bit more info of seki thanking pro wrestling for getting everything he got because of it and even muteba finishing him as a respect with wrestling move see shows another aspect of muteba.

- Saw Paing vs Rei: Honestly, after hearing the motivations both had in this battle, I really wanted Saw Paing to win, but deep down, part of me knew that that actually wouldn't come true. Another thing I really like about this series is that friendship and bonds barely mean something. If you win a battle, it's not because your bonds or some shit like that are stronger, but because your overall physique, technique and intelligence exceeded that of your opponent's.
I totally agree with you on this.

- Kuroki Gensai vs Setsuna: Muscle bear fingers boy almost to death, haha. Nah, jokes aside, I would be lying if I did say that the outcome of this fight was something that I was expecting. I thought the plot would protect Setsuna and let him advance to the final round, but I guess this tournament's outcomes aren't as evident as I thought they would be (another thing I really like). Really liked Setsuna's backstory too and the choreography and art for this fight especially caught my interest among the other fights too, along with the Raian vs Ohma fight. Looks like I really underestimated the old man. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes it to the final round and not even the Fang can beat him.
by the way it seems like you went into the inside part of the story yeah setsuna had it hard poor guy was born as an organs stock then became a male prostitude the guy had a ton of shit these backstories is one of the main aspects of why i love this series so much.
Not much stuff i have to say about kuroki as people say he pieces plot armor with his bare hands lol.

- Hatsumi Sen vs Bando: Now this one was quite obvious that Sen would win, but again, the way each character has its own unique charm, design, fighting style and motives is really well done. Really hyped to see Sen in peak condition against the Fang (though, I think the Fang will still win that).
bando surving because furumi heihachi who is the c.o of the Furumi Pharmaceuticals treated him showed how humanist furumi is by the way he is the guy they have wakatsuki takeshi as their fighter.
Also finding more about hatsumi also bando and his crazy abilities

- Kanoh vs Gaolang: Wow, I didn't expect Gaolang to put that much of a fight. My respects to him. The title of Thai God of War really lived up to its hype. I really liked how Kanoh tried to subdue him with Gaolang's own fighting style, but at the end, he had to abandon that because his adaptation wasn't enough to surpass him in blows during the battle and had to resort in his own tactics and fighting style. Really shows how broken Gaolang was as a fighter. Another thing that caught my attention is that Kanoh seems to have a multiple personality disorder since the dude calls himself "we" or "us", and some other times "I". Really interested in knowing his backstory.

Now, if you excuse me I'll read more :hee
Not much to say about it agito went easy on gaolang but his main objective was to beat gaolang in his own game and that's in strikes but even if he won over him he lost the main won because he could not.
Gaolang pulled out a good fight though.

by the way we forgot to say the amount of progression yamashita got going from a spineless man who shit his pants to a guy who really standing up his voice i am proud of yamashita kazyo man:D

Last edited:

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Man, the bonus chapter at the end of each volume featuring the panel extras is so good. It shows a side to the characters and how they act when they're not fighting and in a series like this in which pretty much they are always fighting, these extra bonus chapters feel like a breath of fresh air. It adds so much to their overall characters :XD

Btw, up to chapter 189. I've finished Hayami's coup d'etat, as well as the first match of the third round. Hayami played his cards the best he could pretty much, but that Metsudo and Nogi combo was too strong. Though, if he had felt the need, Metsudo alone could have taken care of it. I really loved how this for him was more of test for Nogi than anything else, lol. It seems Ohma still hadn't recovered his full strength, but now he has recovered it fully. I wonder who is that "Worm" guy they're talking about. He definitely seems to be really broken if his subordinates are this strong already, and considering we don't know next no nothing of him besides that he was the one who taught Ohma the advance, he smells like endgame material.

And as expected Imai lost in the third round, though he put one hell of a fight, even more so considering his condition (Ohma was pretty damn fucked up too to be fair). He's probably one of the characters of this series that has gotten the most development. I didn't think he would make it this far. but seeing how things have gone, I'm really glad he made it. Also one of my favourite characters.

Now, onto Takeshi vs Niggateba the Fashion Genocider. I'll keep reading.