Shounen - Kengan Ashura/Omega | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Kengan Ashura/Omega

LaserBeam

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece
Here is a link to it:

Kengan ashura

Author: SANDROVICH Yabako, Daromeon

Summary:

Since the Edo periods of Japan, gladiator arenas exist in certain areas. In these arenas, wealthy business owners and merchants hire gladiators to fight in unarmed combat where winner takes all.
Toki Taouma, nicknamed "Ashura", joins these arenas and devastates his opponents. His spectacular ability to crush his enemies catches the attention of the big business owners, including the Nogi Group chairman, Nogi Hideki.

after you are done with kengan ashura there is a sequel aka a continuation of the plot:

Kengan omega

Kengan Asura Zero (contains prequel extra of kengan ashura)

Last edited:

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Just read the first chapter and:

No, but seriously, I was just 10 pages in the chapter and I knew this shit was going to be hype, and I wasn't wrong at all. The art looks fantastic, I really like how the faces of the characters are drawn especially. The dialogues are hype and the battle choreography and this first battle overall, in the context of being the first one of the series and only an appetizer for what's about to come (I guess), have both been fantastic. Tokita is just badassery incarnate as of now.

I mean, I knew the series was going to have great battles and a lot of hype moments judging by the synopsis and the cover page, but if that's just the first chapter, I can't wait to see what this series has in store. This is shaping up to be an amazing series to read. Great recommendation so far @LaserBeam

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Just read the first chapter and:

No, but seriously, I was just 10 pages in the chapter and I knew this shit was going to be hype, and I wasn't wrong at all. The art looks fantastic, I really like how the faces of the characters are drawn especially. The dialogues are hype and the battle choreography and this first battle overall, in the context of being the first one of the series and only an appetizer for what's about to come (I guess), have both been fantastic. Tokita is just badassery incarnate as of now.

I mean, I knew the series was going to have great battles and a lot of hype moments judging by the synopsis and the cover page, but if that's just the first chapter, I can't wait to see what this series has in store. This is shaping up to be an amazing series to read. Great recommendation so far @LaserBeam
Get ready for a wild ride my friend that's all i can say.

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Just started volume 2, I've read until chapter 7, where Tokita defeats Rihiko. Man, I'm really liking this series so far, the fights have been pretty damn good. I like how the author also uses physics (like the acceleration of Rihiko's fingertips scene for example). It makes the fights look more realistic. Also, I really like the chemistry between the characters too, the dialogues are pretty good. So far so good.

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Just started volume 2, I've read until chapter 7, where Tokita defeats Rihiko. Man, I'm really liking this series so far, the fights have been pretty damn good. I like how the author also uses physics (like the acceleration of Rihiko's fingertips scene for example). It makes the fights look more realistic. Also, I really like the chemistry between the characters too, the dialogues are pretty good. So far so good.
Lihito is just a brawler though he is strong and has his unique power but he does not possess knowledge on the martial arts and yeah the interactions are also interesting.
Actually a favorite panel of mine from those early chapters is when yamashita's executive is yelling him and yamashita wishes he was like a bulky fighting and grabbed and hold in air his boss from the neck lol.

Last edited:

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Ok, so I've read until chapter 17, and oh boi a lot of shit just happened. First off, the fight against Kaburagi was fine. He was a dirty ass fighter and I really liked how he took advantage of every single situation just to "hunt" the fighter down, but the next fight against Sekibayashi blew my mind. What the hell just happened to Tokita? I wonder what's the secret behind this berserk transformation. Whatever the secret is though, it doesn't look like he can tango with the big bois as of yet, especially with the "Fang" guy or the guy he wants revenge against, which is probably the one mentioned in the chapter that can go toe to toe with Fangs. These two are probably the top 2 of the verse and very far above from everyone else if I had to say with the information presented thus far.

It looked like Sekibayashi still had strength to spare too, judging by how he got up relatively easy after the end of the match. It's safe to assume he has a little bit more to show for what the dialogues imply. Then, there's also that guy with long hair who seems to know Tokita and smells like disgustingly strong too.

Man, I'm really hyped for this tournament to succeed the Chairman. So far, the series has been very fun to read. I would really like to see more of Tokita's everyday life because as of now it just looks like: Fight, hunt, fight, hunt, fight, eat, etc. This will probably be addressed in future chapters too.

Last edited:

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Ok, so I've read until chapter 17, and oh boi a lot of shit just happened. First off, the fight against Kaburagi was fine. He was a dirty ass fighter and I really liked how he took advantage of every single situation just to "hunt" the fighter down, but the next fight against Sekibayashi blew my mind. What the hell just happened to Tokita? I wonder what's the secret behind this berserk transformation. Whatever the secret is though, it doesn't look like he can tango with the big bois as of yet, especially with the "Fang" guy or the guy he wants revenge against, which is probably the one mentioned in the chapter that can go toe to toe with Fangs. These two are probably the top 2 of the verse and very far above from everyone else if I had to say with the information presented thus far.

It looked like Sekibayashi still had strength to spare too, judging by how he got up relatively easy after the end of the match. It's safe to assume he has a little bit more to show for what the dialogues imply. Then, there's also that guy with long hair who seems to know Tokita and smells like disgustingly strong too.

Man, I'm really hyped for this tournament to succeed the Chairman. So far, the series has been very fun to read. I would really like to see more of Tokita's everyday life because as of now it just looks like: Fight, hunt, fight, hunt, fight, eat, etc. This will probably be addressed in future chapters too.
It was funny how kaburagi defeated enough fighters for him to get a fearsome reputation despite been a normal guy just proved that brain can own the muscles in a way.

About sekibayashi what can i say? "remember kid us wrestlers are pro actors" lol

The tournament is gonna be a slaughterhouse for both companies and fighters.

Last edited:

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
It was funny how kaburagi defeated enough fighters to get a fearsome reputation despite been a normal guy just proved that brain can own the muscles in a way.
Yeah, this series has been very consistent with the portrayal that just having muscles isn't enough. Skill, intelligence, cunningness, willpower, speed, endurance and attack potency are among the things that truly matter.

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Yeah, this series has been very consistent with the portrayal that just having muscles isn't enough. Skill, intelligence, cunningness, willpower, speed, endurance and attack potency are among the things that truly matter.
What i like about the series is it really goes into that erea where in most manga they are usually are not touched that much or at all .

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Action wise the fights weren't better in comparison to let's say nnt fights?
If you compare these fights with the endgame fights NNT got then yeah the action is miles ahead, to say the least. Though, to be fair too, I found the action on the early stages of NNT to be pretty good too before it went to shit.

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
If you compare these fights with the endgame fights NNT got then yeah the action is miles ahead, to say the least. Though, to be fair too, I found the action on the early stages of NNT to be pretty good too before it went to shit.
Wait these are just early action the tournament fights are just hype overload lol

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Wait these are just early action the tournament fights are just hype overload lol
Inb4 you'll see me updating and already being up to chapter 100 by tomorrow :XD

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
wait you are up to chapter 100 already?
Nah, I'm still up to chapter 17. It's just that if you say it's so hype from here onwards, I may not be able to hold back and I'll read half of the series with one day, resulting in me already being up to chapter 100 or more by tomorrow, xD. Don't worry, it's not my intention to let that happen. I plan on enjoying this series for as much time as I can.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Up to chapter 34. So far the Kengan Anhiliation Tournament arc has been pretty fun to read. From the fighter's selection that gave us an idea which kind of monsters are gonna participate in the tournament to the preliminaries, which were also really interesting. I really like how the arc isn't as linear as I first thought it would be. There are some really good plot twists that make you be really interested to continue reading it. I can't wait to know more about the other fighters of the other top companies, as well as the fights of the real tournament, which are shaping up to be really great.

Also, Kiryu is fucking sick in the head. His obsession with Tokita is both fun and scary to watch and he's immensely broken to have done that to the bodyguards, which were by no means average fighters at all, considering what they did to that Arabian dude that passed the preliminary. He's probably among the top 5 fighters of the series at least with the impression he's giving.

Anyways, so far so good. I like how each and every fighter has his own fighting style. That, along with the explanations, the backstories and the dialogues, makes up for really interesting and hype matches. Right now, the series is living up to its hype.

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Nah, I'm still up to chapter 17. It's just that if you say it's so hype from here onwards, I may not be able to hold back and I'll read half of the series with one day, resulting in me already being up to chapter 100 or more by tomorrow, xD. Don't worry, it's not my intention to let that happen. I plan on enjoying this series for as much time as I can.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Up to chapter 34. So far the Kengan Anhiliation Tournament arc has been pretty fun to read. From the fighter's selection that gave us an idea which kind of monsters are gonna participate in the tournament to the preliminaries, which were also really interesting. I really like how the arc isn't as linear as I first thought it would be. There are some really good plot twists that make you be really interested to continue reading it. I can't wait to know more about the other fighters of the other top companies, as well as the fights of the real tournament, which are shaping up to be really great.

Also, Kiryu is fucking sick in the head. His obsession with Tokita is both fun and scary to watch and he's immensely broken to have done that to the bodyguards, which were by no means average fighters at all, considering what they did to that Arabian dude that passed the preliminary. He's probably among the top 5 fighters of the series at least with the impression he's giving.

Anyways, so far so good. I like how each and every fighter has his own fighting style. That, along with the explanations, the backstories and the dialogues, makes up for really interesting and hype matches. Right now, the series is living up to its hype.

so you are at the point where kaneda used the system loops to join the kengan matches and fights himuro right?

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
so you are at the point where kaneda used the system loops to join the kengan matches and fights himuro right?
Yeah, exactly. That was pretty nice too. That loophole makes things way more interesting.

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Yeah, exactly. That was pretty nice too. That loophole makes things way more interesting.
Pretty much a lot of people used kengan system's loopholes for their own benifits.
Not just the fighters but also the company presidents to archieve what they want.

Also there were many humour moments.
Like when yamashita realized that nogi put him in billion yens debt or when one of his sons came with thos thugs and ohma defeated
them all lol.

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Pretty much a lot of people used kengan system's loopholes for their own benifits.
Not just the fighters but also the company presidents to archieve what they want.
Yeah, that's what I'm seeing now that I'm reading more :XD

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
how did you found the humour so far?
Lmao, now I see this question after witnessing the "crush" scene. You bastard, you know what comes next and you ask me these type of questions on purpose, don't you? :XD

My answer before these chapters would have been "pretty normal, nothing out from this world", but after seeing that scene I must say that's pretty damn good too, haha. "Kelp-thulu the dark one", lmao I'm dead.