Shounen - Kimetsu no Yaiba by Koyoharu Gotouge | Page 14 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Kimetsu no Yaiba by Koyoharu Gotouge

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Could happen to Zenitsu. He's just been floating around for a couple arcs now and it doesn't feel like Gotouge knows what to do with him from here.

HOPE I'M WRONG THOUGH
I highly doubt it.

It's only been one arc since Zenitsu and Inosuke hadn't shown up. He may have gotten kidnapped first in the last arc, but he came back in a big way during the fight. I think we are setting up the 5 prospects for a big mission and Genya was the only one we hadn't seen, so he had to get some shine.

Galactic Tomahawk

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
it still kinda felt like he just popped in cause he hadn't done anything that arc though. And before that they missed a perfectly good chance to give him a fight w/ the sleep demon.

I agree it's pretty early to jump to conclusions though. If they're gone for a couple more arcs then we'll talk

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
it still kinda felt like he just popped in cause he hadn't done anything that arc though. And before that they missed a perfectly good chance to give him a fight w/ the sleep demon.
Personally, I figured it balanced out because he was able to beat one of the Spider Family members by himself, while Inosuke and Tanjirou got trashed by their opponents. Then Zenitsu sat out the major fight of the next arc, but still had a job to do.

DJBlitzkrieg

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
Personally, I figured it balanced out because he was able to beat one of the Spider Family members by himself, while Inosuke and Tanjirou got trashed by their opponents. Then Zenitsu sat out the major fight of the next arc, but still had a job to do.
I believe that the spider father might've been the strongest of the family after Rui since he was the only one with two forms, so it's not fair to give the edge to Zenitsu in this regard* when his oponent might've been considerably more weak. Also after that fight, Inosuke and Tanjirou killed Lower Moon 1 without Zenitsu taking part of the fight (against the main body) so I think they were already balanced by the time they got to the red light district.

Last edited:

Laminariales

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Not only this, Tanjirou still needs to get to Pillar level (Inosuke and Zenitsu too I guess) and there's Kanao and Genya too, I'm convinced that either there's going to be a big purge of characters coming soon or Muzan will somehow introduce a new batch of enemies to the plot. Another posibility would be that aside of pillars other characters might dissapear into irrelevance, but I don't think people would be too happy with that (and I find it unlikely to happen as well).
I know but the arcs have been structured as UM vs Pillar so far, even here we got two upper moons with only two pillars to face them (unless others join) Kanao and genya could be incorporated into shinobu and sanemi storyline (or take their pillars spots when their teachers die rip). really if rock and snake didn't exist I'd say we reached the climax. Anywho the author has succeeded in implementing "no body is safe" how relaxing :D It will feel cheap to get new, even more powerful enemies all of sudden, especially since muzan killed the lower moons, well we'll see if this happen it might turn out good idk. I have high hopes for douma his design is cool and have been around since daki/gyuutarou were human, and well #1 is #1 and a lot of mysteries, akaza got flushed before so maybe the last 3 will be catastrophic, heck hantengu isn't dead yet and he's above gyokko.

As for the main four, I still feel they're far from a pillar, give them a couple more fights. but since the most deadly ability of UMs so far is poison and tanjirou carry a cute incinerator on his back he'll be op, which I also wonder if she'll have more power ups or if tamayo will give some information by the end of this arc with all the blood she's got.

I agree it's pretty early to jump to conclusions though. If they're gone for a couple more arcs then we'll talk
To ease your mind, they're lurking on the inside cover and vol.12 introduction page, they haven't been forgotten xD add to that zenitsu is ranked #2 in the popularity poll no need to worry about him. More importantly if he sees Kanroji A] explode B] become the strongest pillar,kill muzan, marry her. story end. They can't be in the same place.

Btw just sew vol.11 omakes, so there was a story for Kanroji uniform xD Imagine kanao burning the thing with blank smile

DJBlitzkrieg

Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
As for the main four, I still feel they're far from a pillar, give them a couple more fights.
The problem with this though is that there are no more enemies for the boys to fight in order to get stronger aside of the remaining 4 Upper Moons, Biwa and Muzan, before those, there were the lower moons but Muzan wiped them out and even if they were still alive each one of the boys is already at a level where they would beat them individually without much Issue, which wouldn't be too helpful in acquiring the strenght to fight back an Upper Moon, that's why I think we're in need of more strong and new enemies, because otherwise we're left with only 5 major demons (not counting Muzan and implying Hantengu will survive) for Tanjirou (and Nezuko), 4 side characters and 7 pillars that still need development (all of this without thinking about the eventual grudge match between Tanjirou and Akaza that was set up already).

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Depending on how things are going to go with Upper Moon 2, I can see him bringing in more people for the group to fight. He was the one who "birthed" Gyutarou and Daki, so I think it's possible he's doing this for others as well.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I think Gotouge knows where she is going. I am not worried about lack of enemies and stuff. Just worried because I don't want too much Pillars deaths.

Galactic Tomahawk

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
If nothing else I bet we'll lose a few to Muzan

DJBlitzkrieg

Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
Depending on how things are going to go with Upper Moon 2, I can see him bringing in more people for the group to fight. He was the one who "birthed" Gyutarou and Daki, so I think it's possible he's doing this for others as well.
Didn't it take Gyuutarou and Daki hundreds of years to get to their postition? since eating more humans to endure more of Muzan's blood is how we've known that demons can get strong (the upper moons being the ones with the biggest concentration of Muzan's blood), this is why I believe that if more enemies/demons will be introduced to the story, it will be by unconventional methods, remember that Genya had a different smell in the final selection compared to the second time Tanjirou met him at the butterfly estate so something most likely happened to him in the time gap between both meetings, and Muzan might use something similar in his favor.

Last edited:

Laminariales

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I'm betting 3 or 4 more will die by the series' end.
Giyuu + shinobu + maybe rock so you know we have 5 empty spots for the kids, and naturally successors take over their teachers. (some of them might not die like uzui)

Akaza is weird, he seams like two different characters between when he fought rengoku and during the meeting. plus he plan to take out Kokushibou out of respect and douma out of disdain. Plot twist upper moons internal struggles take one or two. as for douma he scouted Daki and her brother, and what blitzkrieg said it will take a long time for new demon to get to the point of upper moon. akaza hate douma and snake pillar seams to dislike tomioka... but maybe everyone hate that guy, in both sides (even biwa lady it seams)

well aside from the power levels and numbers there is still the issue of the Oyakata sama life, how if he died after this arc his son will take over, how muzan relate to the family, and why the current boss know about tamayo, it might all go into a different direction after this. If I understand #1 mission is to find kaguya but no progress there, akaza situation is a mystery, but douma is running some sort of business so if there is a sighting like with rui and daki some pillars might head there next. but then douma is stronger than akaza but younger than him, yup, he'll take few pillars.

Also I wonder if gyokko got to tell douma about his intel and after the battle with Hantengu he shows up and kill the village chief.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Chapter 123.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
So Mitsuri has a special constitution :amuse. I really don't see what about her body makes her so undesirable, maybe it's a Japanese thing. Makes me wonder how interchangeable are these rankings in arm wrestling.

Tengen looks more and more like the "normal one" among the Pillars.

Last edited by a moderator:

Laminariales

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
First time I wait so impatiently for a KnY chapter

We have: Hatred so cool, Kanroji naming sense, and did she avoid the death flag? bwahaha glasses guy you don't deserve her anyway but his reasoning, when shinobu was like I'm the only pillar too weak to cut a demon head I expected her to be strong but not bear level. So she's a 19 y/o with a sumo wrestler appetite and sakura mochi hair, leave little to yearn for. Off point but I wonder what her estate is like. also she vs inosuke in twister. This is the first arc I read in real time, but these two pillars seam like main characters.

Lastly, genyaaaa I hope he sticks around from now on his comic relief faces are hilarious, the three saving her is so cute. also hatred so cool.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Mitsuri's amazing. New favorite next to Tengen.

She's one of the stronger Pillars like I wanted, so that's cool. I wonder if that Arm Wrestling chart is accurate. Or if it is accurate and she was holding back due to how she thinks about herself and wanting to appear weak to some of the Pillars?

I guess Tengen is pretty "normal" compared to a lot of his peers. He did bring up that he didn't think he was particularly special compared to a few of them. I think his unique trait is more his previous training as a shinobi that made him give no craps about anything but the kill, even his own well being.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Mitsuri's amazing. New favorite next to Tengen.

She's one of the stronger Pillars like I wanted, so that's cool. I wonder if that Arm Wrestling chart is accurate. Or if it is accurate and she was holding back due to how she thinks about herself and wanting to appear weak to some of the Pillars?

I guess Tengen is pretty "normal" compared to a lot of his peers. He did bring up that he didn't think he was particularly special compared to a few of them. I think his unique trait is more his previous training as a shinobi that made him give no craps about anything but the kill, even his own well being.
Assuming she was really not holding back, she is the N.3 in arm wrestling at best.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Assuming she was really not holding back, she is the N.3 in arm wrestling at best.
Still wouldn't be a bad position to hold seeing as how more than half are interchangeable.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Chapter 124.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
So,
  1. Tanjirou: Smell.
  2. Zenitsu: Hearing.
  3. Inosuke: Touch.
  4. Genya: Taste.
Kanao is the only one left with some kind of super sight.

Last edited by a moderator:

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Demon Crest eh? I wonder what that entails.

Mitsuri is looking for love but doesn't realize that Iguro is dropping mad hints.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Ah yes, I forgot to talk about that crest. She could be the same as Tanjirou and Tokitou?