Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 179 Spoiler/Discussion Thread

Laminariales

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2017
Messages
393
Reaction score
395
Gender
Female
Country
Akatsuki
Would advise against trying to guess who is gonna die and who wont, it's useless and anything works with good execution. As for romance bullshit it is secondary or none existent, and do you seriously think a person can not love a family member or a friend the same or more than their spouse and children?! About unfulfilled dreams:

In the second novel, these is a chapter on mitsuri and shinobu relationship and how after she knew shinobu's past she worries shinobu must think I'm a silly person and all bc she joined to find husband and wants to be protected and all. but now if you think about it after the pillars received the mark news from amane, mitsuri dream is already debunked, getting married doesn't mean she's fine with dying after wedding day, but living with her spouse and children and becoming a grandma, or at least that what someone like mitsuri would like

In the same novel genya remember how his brother dotes on him and both he and their small siblings love his smile, and hopes to see his brother smile at him again, but that's not happening either
 

levi12

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2018
Messages
1,426
Reaction score
897
Age
27
Country
Austria
Would advise against trying to guess who is gonna die and who wont, it's useless and anything works with good execution. As for romance bullshit it is secondary or none existent, and do you seriously think a person can not love a family member or a friend the same or more than their spouse and children?! About unfulfilled dreams:

In the second novel, these is a chapter on mitsuri and shinobu relationship and how after she knew shinobu's past she worries shinobu must think I'm a silly person and all bc she joined to find husband and wants to be protected and all. but now if you think about it after the pillars received the mark news from amane, mitsuri dream is already debunked, getting married doesn't mean she's fine with dying after wedding day, but living with her spouse and children and becoming a grandma, or at least that what someone like mitsuri would like

In the same novel genya remember how his brother dotes on him and both he and their small siblings love his smile, and hopes to see his brother smile at him again, but that's not happening either
Mitsuri Kanroji still have a chance of fulfing her dream. If they somehow find a way to be to the immune mark effects. Yoriichi is the prime example. If Tanjiro,Giyu and remaining pillars have find a way to overcome the mark they can live long. Only one is beyond help is Himejima because he has little time left.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,326
Reaction score
24,938
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I was under the impression that the pillars could simply avoid the side effects of the mark by not using it tbh. Unlike the first generation of marked demon slayers, they presumably do not have a long conflict against muzan ahead of them. I am sure there will be side effects to the mark but once muzan goes down there will not be a need for them to ever use it again. They would have trouble if merely having it regardless of whether they use it or not still has all of the side effects though.
 

Admiral Teach

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2017
Messages
1,431
Reaction score
2,072
Country
Water Tribe
My guess is that Tanjirou's dad and his health condition might, maybe, have something to do with all this. Perhaps Sun Breathing is the cure and it ensures the user lives beyond the mark age limit? Though honestly right now it isn't looking too good. Forget the mark, most of the pillars have received fatal injuries, in real-life at least. In their world injuries do still seem pretty darn serious. Combined with mark usage and the desperate fight ahead, one would imagine their whole bodies would be spent after this entirely. . .

This chapter was filled with tears...
 

Napstablook

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
542
Reaction score
1,836
Age
30
Country
Singapore
Chinese scans: https://mangadex.org/chapter/729775/1


Page 1:

Title - Empathy between brothers

Page 2:

Gyomei: Shinazugawa, stop your attack! The demon is no longer regenerating!

Gyo: Shinazugawa! It has already ended!

Page 3

Gyo: We have already defeated Upper Moon 1! The battle has ended! It has already ended!

Gyo: * Unbelievable! He is able to continue moving despite losing his consciousness.*

Page 4:

Genya: Mr Gyomei... Big brother... and senior Tokito...

Gyo: We are still alive. But Tokito... he is...

Gen: Please disregard me... hurry up and treat Senior Tokito's wounds...

Gyo: He is still alive in this condition... is this because he ingested demons?

Page 5:

Gyo: But the effect is about to end due to his blood loss. It won't change his mortality if I move his body next to his brothers.

Gen: Big brother is still alive... That's great...

Page 6:

Gyo: Tokito... We owe you. It is thanks to you that we obtained victory... I express gratitude and respect from the bottom of my heart. So young... yet you carried out your mission all the way through... I will meet you in the next world after defeating Muzan... Rest in peace.

Page 7:

Muichirou: Elder brother...

Page 8:

Yuichirou: Don't come here, go back!

Mu: Why? I tried my best, aren't you going to praise me?

Yu: Why? That's what I want to ask. You were only 14 years old, you should have ran.

Page 9:

Mu: I couldn't have abandoned my comrades and ran.

Yu: But you wouldn't have died.

Yu: What is with you, dying in a place like this? You died in vain. What is the point of you being born if you were going to die just like that?

Mu: You died when you were only 11, you were more pitiful than me. I am very clear about the reason I was born.

Page 10:

Mu: I was born to obtain happiness. You are the same, aren't you, brother? Aren't you fortunate? Wasn't there ever an instant where you ever felt blessed?

Mu: I was very fortunate. Even back then when we lived as a family of four.

Page 11:

Mu: Even when I was alone, even when I faced countless hardships and suffering, I gained companions, and was able to gain happiness and smile! There were so many instances where I felt fortunate that I couldn't even keep track!

Mu: Even so, is that not enough? I have never ran from any events, and faced reality head on. I absolutely do not regret gambling my life for the sake of my comrades.

Page 12:

Mu: Please don't say that I gave my life in vain. It doesn't matter if others say it, but Brother, you are the only one not allowed to say it.

Yu: I'm sorry... I understand now, but I didn't want you, Muichirou, to die.

Page 13:

Yu: Only you, Muichirou.

Sanemi: Ahhhhhhh!

Page 14:

San: What is happening damn it! Your body! Why is your body crumbling away like a demon?! Damn it, damn it!

Gen: Brother...

San: It is all right! I will think of a way to save you, elder brother will definitely think of a way!

Gen: Brother... sorry...

Page 15:

Gen: That time... when... I blamed you... brother... sorry... for all the times... I have inconvenienced you... sorry...

San: It was no inconvenience at all! Don't die! You are not allowed to die before me!

Gen: Thank you... for protecting me...

San: I didn't manage to protect anyone at all!!! Fuck!!!

Page 16:

Gen: Just like... how brother... protected me... I... wish... to... pro...tect... bro...ther...

Gen: The... sentiment... is... the same... we are brothers after all...

Gen: I wish... that brother... who has endured... countless hardships... can find happiness...

Gen: Please... don't die...

Page 17:

Gen: Because... my... brother... is... the gentlest person... in the world...

San: Ahhhh! I beg you God!!! Please! Please! Please don't take my younger brother away from me!!!

Gen: Thank... you... bro...ther...

Page 18:

San: Ahhhh!!! Genya!!! Ahhhh!!! Genya!!!

Page 19:

San: Ahhhhhh!!!

Gyo: ...Shinazugawa, we have to go. Lift your head. Nothing will end if we do not defeat Muzan.

All pages updated.
 
Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,326
Reaction score
24,938
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
My guess is that Tanjirou's dad and his health condition might, maybe, have something to do with all this. Perhaps Sun Breathing is the cure and it ensures the user lives beyond the mark age limit? Though honestly right now it isn't looking too good. Forget the mark, most of the pillars have received fatal injuries, in real-life at least. In their world injuries do still seem pretty darn serious. Combined with mark usage and the desperate fight ahead, one would imagine their whole bodies would be spent after this entirely. . .

This chapter was filled with tears...
Tanjiro's dad didn't appear to have the demon slayer mark. At least not as far as we saw anyways. He has that scar on his forehead but it looks distinctly different from the demon slayer mark. It's possible the guy was just sickly.... or that using the sun breath was on its own THAT taxing.


As for the demon slayers in general.... I would think that for them injuries as mostly about as serious as they would be in real life. Except that they have the capacity to use their breaths to improve how their bodies work. Heal faster, better, stop bleeding...
 

Napstablook

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
542
Reaction score
1,836
Age
30
Country
Singapore
Man this chapter was truly heartbreaking.
 

Laminariales

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2017
Messages
393
Reaction score
395
Gender
Female
Country
Akatsuki
I wonder if there is still time for a Kokushibou-Yoriichi talk...

Sanemi... :scry
I forgot about that!!! busy mourning and drying tears. You know if someone read the last few chapters at once for first time they wont survive
 

Kato756

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2014
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
2,467
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I dont really believe that Mark = 25 death as a set in stone rule since it was mostly Upper Moon 1, who was a coward (in regards to mortality) who said that, and we have Sun User and Gyomei as exceptions.

While I do believe happened is that overusing the mark + getting into battle with powerfull demons created that superstion
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,326
Reaction score
24,938
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I wonder if there is still time for a Kokushibou-Yoriichi talk...

Sanemi... :scry
It kinda looks like kokushibo's death is over so... probably not. I am going to guess the reason for this is that kokushibo didn't exactly feel love for yorichi.
 

Kato756

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2014
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
2,467
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Overall I'd say this is a very fair final fight

"Kinda" Drugged Muzan (as I believe he is healing as those fights take place) vs (Injuried) Tanjiro, Kana, Ino, Zeni, Gyomei, Sanemi, Gyu.

Even if both Love and Snek pillar die, I can still see those 8 winning, even if they dont go all at once.
We also have Demon Doc Lady ready to pull a sacrifice, Awakened Human-Demon Nezuko (maybe), and considering how mature he is for their age I could see the new corps leader being like
"Yo ex sound and flames this is it,forget me and fuck that fucko up"
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,326
Reaction score
24,938
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I am kinda wondering on what happens to the fortress when upper moon 4 dies... If she creates it then its not necessarily a good thing that she dies while there are people inside. Best case scenario everyone gets expelled out immediately, worst case it straight up disappears while people are inside. I would kinda rule out this scenario as it kinda looks like a way to kill muzan without killing him though. So... probably something in the middle like it gradually disappearing.
 

levi12

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2018
Messages
1,426
Reaction score
897
Age
27
Country
Austria
This confirm Tokito and Genya have die. Now which battle will Gotouge will focus next Nakime or Muzan battle. Next chapter will tell I suppose. This will be exciting next chapter. That translation tell it all.
 

Orujo

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 13, 2018
Messages
17
Reaction score
13
Age
30
Country
United States
I'm guessing the next to go is the serpent pillar or mitsuri shes shown to be driven when it comes to protecting her friends and seeing her lover die will push her over the edge or vice versa Anyway we need to see him in action.
 

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
21,075
Age
28
Gender
Female
Country
Argentina
Chapter it's out here

Tokito's last moments were just heartbreaking, but Genya's last words were more brutal to me, probably the most hard death to watch in the series.

Giyomei final words in the chapter gave me shivers though, I can't wait to see how Sanemi is going to be now.
 

smokeesid

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2009
Messages
687
Reaction score
220
Gender
Male
Country
India
I don't think the demon slayer will be able to kill Muzan. It is Tanjirou's sister who may remain alive even after getting her head cut and fight with the others and become the main cause of Muzan's demise.

Muzan may win this encounter and find Tanjiro's sister. The ultimate battle may happen at the place where she is kept. Somebody may try to take Muzan's target by decapitating her but she will successfully regrow her head
 

Peter16373

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 28, 2017
Messages
30
Reaction score
22
Age
24
Country
United States
I was really hoping at least Genya could somehow live. Guess that's not happening now. So who is going to die next? Giyu?
 

levi12

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2018
Messages
1,426
Reaction score
897
Age
27
Country
Austria
I was really hoping at least Genya could somehow live. Guess that's not happening now. So who is going to die next? Giyu?
Please no lol why you people keep thinking Giyu is gonna die :(. He isn t even in battle yet.
 

Peter16373

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 28, 2017
Messages
30
Reaction score
22
Age
24
Country
United States
Please no lol why you people keep thinking Giyu is gonna die :(. He isn t even in battle yet.
I mean he's heading to fight Muzan alongside Tanjiro right now. Both of them are injured pretty badly, but Tanjiro might have a higher chance a surviving because he's the mc. But Giyu on the other hand. Yeah I'm preparing to press F just in case.
 
Top