Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 179 Spoiler/Discussion Thread

levi12

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2018
Messages
1,426
Reaction score
897
Age
27
Country
Austria
I mean he's heading to fight Muzan alongside Tanjiro right now. Both of them are injured pretty badly, but Tanjiro might have a higher chance a surviving because he's the mc. But Giyu on the other hand. Yeah I'm preparing to press F just in case.
That is true but Himejima and Snake has higher chance of dying because they are immediate in danger way more than Giyu though. Mark will kill Himejima unless he is exception and Snake is fighting Nakime.

I hope Giyu doesn t die :(
 

Shadowlord123

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 20, 2018
Messages
1,745
Reaction score
5,149
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
This chapter felt like a kick in the heart. Fuck... Even though, deep down I was expecting this, it still hit me hard. I don't even know what to say man. Big F for both of them. This was truly a heartbreaking ending to a brutal fight in which everyone did the best they could.
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,387
Reaction score
12,175
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Welp, no one is safe anymore. I thought Genya was going to get by because he's a prospect, but nope. I don't think anyone is safe except maybe Tanjirou. Man, damn this is a downer of a chapter. Appropriate that it's raining where I'm at.

And then Himejima just straight up says he'll be along soon. Come on man, it's to early in the morning for these types of emotions.
 

levi12

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2018
Messages
1,426
Reaction score
897
Age
27
Country
Austria
I actually think Tengen and nezuko are safest Compare to everyone lol even more than Tanjiro.
 

smokeesid

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2009
Messages
687
Reaction score
220
Gender
Male
Country
India
I think Tanjiro's sister may never become human. Tanjiro will have to accept her as a demon only

I think the stone pillar might just die next
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Really sad chapter

RIP Genya and Tokito.

Gotouge is really a great writer,this is how a battle logically goes,both the antagonists and protagonists suffer loses,but most series give huge amount of plot armour to it's protagonists.Cough Fairy Tail,Cough NNT.
 

Laminariales

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2017
Messages
393
Reaction score
395
Gender
Female
Country
Akatsuki
Welp, no one is safe anymore. I thought Genya was going to get by because he's a prospect, but nope. I don't think anyone is safe except maybe Tanjirou. Man, damn this is a downer of a chapter. Appropriate that it's raining where I'm at.

And then Himejima just straight up says he'll be along soon. Come on man, it's to early in the morning for these types of emotions.
beside being prospect you'd think the regenerating half demon characters would heal, no disintegrate. The author is a sadist. I'm now praying for sanemi to dies, you know we get saddened by sad flashbacks when someone lose everything, but to see it play out... VsKokushibou team will always be #1 in my heart


I think Tanjiro's sister may never become human. Tanjiro will have to accept her as a demon only
I think he discussed it with her, if nezuko stayed a demon someday he'll grow old and die end everyone else, then nezuko would be all alone... and many times it was tanjirou bond that stopped her from eating humans, becoming a demon who burn in hell never to meat her family... staying demon is not an option
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,315
Reaction score
24,935
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
seeing these deaths I just remembered a bit of the story which I always found particularly brutal... Earlier in the story we see muzan complaining at his upper moons about their failures. And he said a bit which just.... hit me. He says he doesn't even want to create demons. Perhaps he never wanted to. So you have a thousands years worth of tragedy and rage from the demon hunters... And muzan didn't even want to do any of it. beyond eating to satisfy his own hunger of course. Muzan actually doesn't feel anything towards demon hunters, to him they are merely pests which get in the way of his grand objective which is actually super small. And... once muzan gets it the most likely scenario is that he will stop creating demons and simply live out eternity while killing merely what he needs to sustain himself. I wouldn't even be surprised if muzan ends demon kind himself once he gets his goal... So you have 1000 years worth of tragedy and rage directed against a guy who probably rather not even be there and will probably just remove himself altogether from humanity if the opportunity arises.

Heck.... something which I just thought of... musan makes the point that he doesn't want to create more demons.... so... maybe the only reason muzan keeps making demons is that demon slayers keep killing them. In that sense, demon slayers have actually have a non existent impact on demon population and barely made a dent on the amount of people that would have died. of course, demon slayers have saved specific lives but on a macro level it is entirely possible the amount of death is not different from what it would be without them, assuming muzan cares nothing about this and doesn't see a purpose in making more demons if they don't keep dying. heck, muzan even needs humanity, he can't afford to eradicate it.

And so... we have tokiko, genya and shinobu dying.... and the one responsible, musan, would rather not even be there.
 

Ace

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2016
Messages
180
Reaction score
283
Age
35
Country
Canada
OOOF
Man, that was a heartbreaking chapter. I really liked those characters too. I wonder if next chapter we're going to get a reaction from everyone when the crows announce their deaths.

As for predictions of the next chapter, I pretty sure it'll start with the crows announcing their deaths and then the characters will be shown around the fortress and their progress on how close they are to Muzan and then they kick-off the Mitsuki, Obonai battle staring next chapter.
 

Jko

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 28, 2016
Messages
7,452
Reaction score
18,793
Country
United States
Why are the pillars I love dropping like flies but the pillars idgaf about don't? Damn, it's like a curse. Why must you continously kill my favs Croc Sensei?

Goodbye Giyu and Kanroji, the last two pillars out of my top five pillars. These guys are dead against Muzan lol.

Also holy crap, no one is safe, they just killed Genya :blink

I kind of want an alternate reality where everything is peaceful and it's just a comedy or something bcs I just want my favs to be happy lol.
 
Last edited:

Laminariales

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2017
Messages
393
Reaction score
395
Gender
Female
Country
Akatsuki
^ enter kimetsu gakuen!! Probably in volume release covering these chapters we'll see the tokitous and shinguzawas

Day 4 post news: genya's death still hurts , even shinobu's wasn't this bad. I'm kinda looking forward to Japan reaction tommorow
 

Admiral Teach

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2017
Messages
1,431
Reaction score
2,072
Country
Water Tribe
The tragedy was real. It felt brutal to watch Genya go. That one hurt. This is a tragedy, but a much needed one after the ridiculous pandering of other series, ahem. Here the stakes are high. They were always high, but now it's getting dreadfully clear Muzan might actually win, or if he does not, most of the cast will fall. Hopefully this series receives the recognition it deserves.

Because let's face it, we are ALL drooling in the back of our minds Ufotable animating this Fortress battle arc. It would be unbelievably awesome. Their take on the dimensional fortress is a golden hallmark in anime history and was just mindblowing.

A thing I noticed about this chapter was how Tokitou's brother mirroring Kokushibou when he said, "Why were you even born?" Blood making itself known, I think. And I believe now the reason Tokitou lived was because of that moment when he heroically rushed his fearsome ancestor. Somehow I get the impression this is Gater-sensei demonstrating what his brother would have done: flee away at that critical moment. Heck, Tokitou had a legitimate excuse. His ancestor wanted to demonize him, a potentially disastrous moment where he'd be driven mad with lust for Sanemi's blood. And he was missing an arm, and the other one suffered from what ought to be an utterly immobilizing injury. By all realistic rights he should be unconscious from the pain. Or at least unable to properly breathe. His mastery of Mist Breathing is something to behold and he proved perhaps one of the most invaluable Pillars.

Shout out to Genya becoming Pillar level at the end. He probably was more crucial than Tokitou, I guess, considering before then Koku was about to mincemeat everyone. I'm glad he received closure with "Nemi.

*Sobs in a corner*
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
I personally think against Muzan Himejima and Giyuu is going to die,but there should be another death,who can it be?
 

Ace

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2016
Messages
180
Reaction score
283
Age
35
Country
Canada
I personally think against Muzan Himejima and Giyuu is going to die,but there should be another death,who can it be?
At this point, Gotouge made it pretty clear. No one is safe. I wouldn't be surprised if all the pillars are dead by the end of this arc but I'm sure that not gonna happen.

As for my predictions I think the next deaths will be Giyuu and Obonai. I think Obonai will sacrifice himself in order to save Mitsuri and in his dying breath will confess to loving her before passing away. As for Giyuu, i mean theres been death flags on him recently, I mean it would make sense in a way that he nearly died facing akaza and that his sword is broken and he's also half-dead, but then again, most demon slayers before confronting Muzan are going to be half-dead.

Final Surviving Roster
Tanjiro
Zenitsu
Inosuke
Kanao(Blind)
Pillars:
Sanemi
Mitsuri

Probably bad predictions, but hey just going off the top of my head
 

Zehahaha

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
8,501
Reaction score
5,714
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
I just caught up with this manga after watching the anime. I thought the scene of Tanjiro remembering his father's words and switching to Hinokami Kagura was emotional, but boy these deaths are hit me right in the feels. But it's good, you do feel that no character is safe, which is very good
 

smokeesid

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2009
Messages
687
Reaction score
220
Gender
Male
Country
India
beside being prospect you'd think the regenerating half demon characters would heal, no disintegrate. The author is a sadist. I'm now praying for sanemi to dies, you know we get saddened by sad flashbacks when someone lose everything, but to see it play out... VsKokushibou team will always be #1 in my heart



I think he discussed it with her, if nezuko stayed a demon someday he'll grow old and die end everyone else, then nezuko would be all alone... and many times it was tanjirou bond that stopped her from eating humans, becoming a demon who burn in hell never to meat her family... staying demon is not an option

She sees souls. I remember that it was her mother (may be) who she sees as an apparition that propels her.
What's so good about being a human anyway
 

Piratehunter Zoro

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 11, 2010
Messages
22
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Tokito was just 14 and already a Hashira. Such a shame. So much talent. I feel sorry for him, but the moment he faced upper moon 1 it was clear that he is going to die. Can somebody explain how he made his blade turn red? That is going to be crucial in the fight against Muzan. We all know that Upper Moon 1 had the highest concentration of Muzan's Blood cells and he couldn't regenerate after Tokito made his blade turn red. Tanjirou used sun breathing against Daki and if I remember correclty she couldn't regenerate as fast as before.

Genya's death was heartbreaking. Sanemi is going to be traumatized and I wonder if he can still fight with all his injuries.

Who is going to die next? Either Kanroji or Iguro. However, Giyu will be the next rather important character to die. I guess he will be used to spark something within Tanjirou. His next step to get stronger.

Is Gotoge going to pull a Tite Kubo and present us an Upper Moon 0?
 
Top