Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 181 Spoiler/Discussion Thread | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 181 Spoiler/Discussion Thread

TylerHawke

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I feel like this is the one time tanjiro should lose himself to his anger. He's always been the "perfect mc" in terms of handling things so I'd like some form of development and growth that isn't just strength related.

Tanjiro losses himself to his anger & Giyuu saves his ass but dies the in process.

Last edited:

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Maybe He's trying to pull an Aizen and tell them how weak they are just to anger them and get them off their rhythm
Giyu is more logical he shouldn t be provoke it but such obvious provocation. I hope Tanjiro don t blow his buttons and fight recklessly.

This two should focus on how to survive not trying to beat Muzan.

TylerHawke

Reaction score
Country
United States
My only issue with this series is that Tanjiro is the least developed character, nezuko for 2nd place.

I care more about Inosuke and zenitsu + the side characters more than those 2.

Ace

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Giyu is more logical he shouldn t be provoke it but such obvious provocation. I hope Tanjiro don t blow his buttons and fight recklessly.
Well it's not like Giyuu is exactly calm either, I mean his veins are showing too, I'm sure he feeling just as much anger as Tanjiro is but I think you're right I don't think Giyuu would get consumed by anger
I feel like this is the one time tanjiro should lose himself to his anger. He's always been the "perfect mc" in terms of handling things do I'd like some form of development and growth that isn't just strength related.

Tanjiro losses himself to his anger & Giyuu saves his ass but dies the in process.
I agree, I guess we'll get to see a Hollow Ichigo/Young Tail Naruto beserk moment, but like you said it could probably cost him while Giyuu dies protecting him in the process.

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Well it's not like Giyuu is exactly calm either, I mean his veins are showing too, I'm sure he feeling just as much anger as Tanjiro is but I think you're right I don't think Giyuu would get consumed by anger

I agree, I guess we'll get to see a Hollow Ichigo/Young Tail Naruto beserk moment, but like you said it could probably cost him while Giyuu dies protecting him in the process.
Giyu can control it will be trainquil fury state as well. Giyu is stoic he can control his emotions. He should calm Tanjiro down and strategist how to either stall Muzan or find a plan to defeat him. Charging ahead like a moron will get this two kill.

Ace

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Giyu can control it will be tranquil fury state as well. Giyu is stoic he can control his emotions. He should calm Tanjiro down and strategist how to either stall Muzan or find a plan to defeat him. Charging ahead like a moron will get these two kill.
That why I say it's most likely going to be a Tanjiro beserk moment, almost like he went back against upper moon 6,

soushiee

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I think Giyu and Tanjiro won't stand a chance against Muzan, maybe both of them will lose a limb. Giyu might even die.
It all depends on how quickly everyone else arrives. If Yushiro is still alive (not sure if he was about to die or just mad in the last chapter) I can see him teaming up with Kanroji and Obanai to fight UM4. Defeating UM4 would definitely make things easier with Muzan.

-Stray

Reaction score
Country
Well.. wasn't expecting them to run into Muzan that fast... I'm not worried for Tanjirou, highly doubt he'd die that fast against Muzan but Giyuu on the other hand is already dead, he just doesn't realize it yet.
At best if Tanjirou fights at his utmost limits like he did with UM6 sister and utilizes see through world+DoFG+Demon mark then I'd say he has a good chance, but thats with him dying in the process.
Its been quite a long time since I've felt this level of grim when the MC and antagonist goes head to head. I love this shit!

Ace

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Well.. wasn't expecting them to run into Muzan that fast... I'm not worried for Tanjirou, highly doubt he'd die that fast against Muzan but Giyuu on the other hand is already dead, he just doesn't realize it yet.
At best if Tanjirou fights at his utmost limits like he did with UM6 sister and utilizes see through world+DoFG+Demon mark then I'd say he has a good chance, but thats with him dying in the process.
Its been quite a long time since I've felt this level of grim when the MC and antagonist goes head to head. I love this shit!
It's not only the suspense, but it's also the fact there is zero and I mean ZERO plot armor on any characters, so it's not like the main 4 (Kanao, Inosuke, Zenutsu, and Tanjiro) are not off the table on dying in this arc. At the end of this, you don't know who might be alive. There might be two surviving pillars maybe even one or NONE. In previous final arcs in other shonen anime, lets be honest we all knew who was going to be alive by the end of this.
Bleach: Ichigo, Rukia, Renji, Orihime lots of others.
Naruto: Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura
Fairy tail: The whole fucking guild

Demon slayer is the first to actually put you in suspense if you think that your favorite character is actually going to live or not. I'm a Mitsuri fan and I pray to god that it was backup that was pulling her and not an enemy:scry

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Muzan's personality wasn't really much before, but I love his warped perspective in this chapter. It's just so matter of fact.

Also, Giyu needs to stay. He'd legit be leaving Tanjirou to die if he left for no reason. Broken sword or not, he's still a Pillar of decent ability, to say the least. Hell, Tanjirou killed his first lower Moon with a broken sword. It's going to be riskier, sure, but it's still usable.

Nevermind that the two have pretty decent teamwork together as we saw when they first arrived in the Infinity Fortress. Giyuu was able to read Tanjirou's technique and act accordingly to dispatch all the demons that had attacked them.

Laminariales

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
The korean scans are way too early for my taste now,,, better stick with translation

And so it was tanjirou first! Will muzan direct them all to him at once or get them one at a time, the biwa lady must be stopped! Muzan is just deprived of any sentiment that extends past his nose, isn't he? I mean if it's someone broken in the head that's douma, but muzan is different, while ridiculing the hunters sentiment got rattled when ubuyashiki tickled his fear of death, he gets emotions but doesn't extend them to anyone, his logic is laughably absurd,

as ubuyashiki papa said he has never been forgiven for thousand year, will all the pile of grudges finally topple over and crush this heinous creature, Rereading his past, he killed the physician who tried to help him even when he was still a human, and the narration was like "as for the crave to humans flesh, that was no problem for muzan since he could just eat humans" truely a repulsive man...

I love it when tanjirou gets this furious, against daki and anger-hantengu when he started spouting his broken justice. I'm not worried about him, anger in this series give people strength, last time his family souls helped guide him and nezuko

Kiriya, nice moment, those kids grown in such a short time from a matryoshka to real people. on another point who pulled mitsuri? yushiro? kanao?? Also I like how she's drawn here

The room of each fight is more stunning than the next, VsDouma would looks amazing animated, and VsKokushibou is filled with many memories. but this one,, sorta westernized, reflecting muzan and the taisho era which got me into this series to begin with,,, the feelings of conclusion are real

The narration style is at its peak too, I swear I'm hearing the sounds of the biwa as the room switch. And kugare no uta, sou version particularly, played when tanjirou remembers the victims of muzan, stared for a while at that page;

Seamed like such a short chapter but packed as usual, I think the stage is set now, brace

Last edited:

Gladiolus

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Wow, Muzan really triggered Tanjirou at the end. I hope he doesn't goes ragemode on him, otherwise, he will be destroyed (unless again, a power-up happens). Things doesn't look very well for Giyu either. Either they get reinforcements now or he's not going to end well.
I already said that before, but Muzan's new form looks incredibly cool. It is even better when he remains calm and collected.

I thought Kiriya was creepy when he first appeared in the selection back at the beginning of the manga, but seeing his more vulnerable side made me feel sorry for him.
I hope next chapters will cover in the fight against Nakime, but I have the feeling we are going to center in Muzan to have the fortress being destroyed at the last second to expose him to the sun.

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Muzan looks incredibly majestic. I'm biased towards long(er) white hair with a contrasting color scheme on the body (in this case, black). At least I hope that's it.

His views are so twisted, though. A literal man-child. A powerful being driven by emotion is always a recipe for disaster.

salo14419

Reaction score
Country
Panama
Tanjiro is going full Gon mode and i'll drop this.

Samael Morningstar

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
India
Muzan is a strong villain and I don't think tanjiro can straight beat him it will take him at least 5-6 chapters to land some hits and damage muzan but ultimately defeating muzan would take 20+ chapters