Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 189 Spoiler/Discussion Thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 189 Spoiler/Discussion Thread

Sato-san

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm telling you guys. It might just be a strong feeling of love and being highly skilled. That might just be the secret to the red blade. Cause to me at least, it’s gotta be more than just holding it a certain way.

Last edited:

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Obanai looking more and more likely to die. I think it's nice he got the red sword first, his strategy of kicking when he slashes was pretty nice, even though it only bought a second. With the mark and red sword, hopefully he can do that much faster than Muzan can regenerate and maybe then they can do some damage. Otherwise holding Muzan off for an hour quarter is impossible, and that dude literally killed a cat. Who even does that !

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
So.... what i am to understand from the chapter is that the red blade is the result of literal heat?

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
So.... what i am to understand from the chapter is that the red blade is the result of literal heat?
Basically. They grip the swords so hard the temperature increases. I think there is probably another layer to it, but that appears to be the gist.

Sato-san

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Basically. They grip the swords so hard the temperature increases. I think there is probably another layer to it, but that appears to be the gist.
I'm disappointed, but that's all it seems to be.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
At least it explains why tanjiro's blade became red when nezuko set it on fire. I am thinking that maybe an aspect of it is the degree to which slayers can get their blood pumping with their breaths. So presumably the most skilled breath users would be able to increase their temperature further which triggers the red blade. I suppose its also possible that red blade merely means the sword is releasing all that sweet and juicy sunlight it has been accumulating.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
At least it explains why tanjiro's blade became red when nezuko set it on fire. I am thinking that maybe an aspect of it is the degree to which slayers can get their blood pumping with their breaths. So presumably the most skilled breath users would be able to increase their temperature further which triggers the red blade. I suppose its also possible that red blade merely means the sword is releasing all that sweet and juicy sunlight it has been accumulating.
Yeah. Everything has been related to heat so far, so it makes sense. The increase in temperature to manifest the mark and now the sword turning red.

Your last point is also a great observation. We've never spent that much time learning about the nichirin stone, but that would make a hell of a lot of sense for that to be the case.

Meliodaf

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Does anyone else feel like Giyuu hasn’t been all that helpful this arc?

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Does anyone else feel like Giyuu hasn’t been all that helpful this arc?
People on another forum I visit certainly do feel this way, lol.

I'm not bothered by it. Then again, Giyu was never particularly interesting to me.

Last edited:

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
People on another forum visit certainly do feel this way, lol.

I'm not bothered by it. Then again, Giyu was never particularly interesting to me.
I’m not really bothered by it but it’s unexpected.
Given his relation to Tanjiro, I thought he’d do more but it seems like all he’s succeeded in is getting injured.

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria
I’m not really bothered by it but it’s unexpected.
Given his relation to Tanjiro, I thought he’d do more but it seems like all he’s succeeded in is getting injured.
Kanroji is worst too be honest. But Giyu is injure so he can t be helpful too be fair other aren t fairing any better against Muzan. Against Akaza he was useful stalling enough time for Tanjiro to awaken all see through and mark which allow them to push Akaza to his limits and led to him commit suicide.

What you guys expect him to do? He is not stronger than Himejima. Who himself strongest of them can only stall time against koku and Muzan

You guys expect too much from Giyu

Biggest credit should go to Tanjiro,Genya and Muichiro and Shinobu. For they are reasons three upper moons went down others simply deliver finishing blow.

Last edited:

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
I feel like Giyuu is delivering a rather average performance, and we already know he's about average among the current pillars, so it's about right imo.
Kanroji has disappointed thus far, while Himejima and Sanemi have been impressive.

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria
obanai and Kanroji should be biggest dissapointment. Though obanai might prove useful in this final battle maybe. I doubt it help in long run against Muzan though.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Up to this chapter among the pillars... Only sanemi and himejima have been barely more than helpless tbh. Kanroji, giyu and inaba have been barely staying alive through all of this. Kanroji seems to be out of commission unlike the others. And inaba might be about to turn the tables via his red blade... And if he passes the red blade onto others then they have the means to actually stagger muzan...

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Iguro's been hard on himself, but he's actually been doing pretty decently. Even Muzan gave him a back handed compliment for the method to delay his healing. Plus he mentioned shielding Himejima earlier.

Kanroji is most definitely disappointing though. I don't understand why she wasn't doing as well as the others. It'll make even less sense when Zenitsu, Inosuke, and Kanao join in and inexplicablly do better than her.

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
Kanroji is worst too be honest. But Giyu is injure so he can t be helpful too be fair other aren t fairing any better against Muzan. Against Akaza he was useful stalling enough time for Tanjiro to awaken all see through and mark which allow them to push Akaza to his limits and led to him commit suicide.

What you guys expect him to do? He is not stronger than Himejima. Who himself strongest of them can only stall time against koku and Muzan

You guys expect too much from Giyu

Biggest credit should go to Tanjiro,Genya and Muichiro and Shinobu. For they are reasons three upper moons went down others simply deliver finishing blow.
He’s done significantly worse than everyone except Kanroji but it looks she’s going the road of other females in shonen where uselessness is used for character development.

Giyuu just hasn’t done much. I don’t expect a lot because the only person I expect a lot from is Tanjiro. I just expected more than I got.If any pillar was going to be in the spotlight, given his relation to Tanjiro, I thought it would be Giyuu. And as for who deserves the most credit, I can’t really say. Everyone you named did good but Himejima and Sanemi were just as crucial in the fight against Upper Moon 1. And as for Shinobu, she was important but Kanao and Inosuke still had to finish the job. Even, Zenitsu beat Kaigaku by himself.

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria
He’s done significantly worse than everyone except Kanroji but it looks she’s going the road of other females in shonen where uselessness is used for character development.

Giyuu just hasn’t done much. I don’t expect a lot because the only person I expect a lot from is Tanjiro. I just expected more than I got.If any pillar was going to be in the spotlight, given his relation to Tanjiro, I thought it would be Giyuu. And as for who deserves the most credit, I can’t really say. Everyone you named did good but Himejima and Sanemi were just as crucial in the fight against Upper Moon 1. And as for Shinobu, she was important but Kanao and Inosuke still had to finish the job. Even, Zenitsu beat Kaigaku by himself.
I disagree you guys expect too much for him is why you guys he did thinks he is significantly worse. Obanai also had it worse he just got his spotlight last chapter and still don t know how effective he will be but he is still good. Plus this fight isn t over. I already lay out what I said about Giyu. Nah Genya and Muichiro is prime reason they beat Koku. Koku would eventually defeat Himejima and Sanemi if fight continue that way. Without Genya intervention,they all would been squash and achieve nothing and koku would win that fight.

Zenitsu beat weakest upper moon heck any pillar could do that i doubt kaigaku was full fledge upper moon level. Not impressed too be honest

Without Shinobu,Kanao and Inosuke wouldn t touch Douma. This you should give credit to all three as Douma wouldn t be defeat without three of them

Too much overhype on giving too much credit on Himejima and Sanemi who did no different like everyonelse. Stalling against their opponent and land finishing blow due to their opponent being weaken

Is just Giyu and Kanroji aren t getting spotlight yet as it focus on others at the moment.

Giyu had average and mediocore performance is right word.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Iguro's been hard on himself, but he's actually been doing pretty decently. Even Muzan gave him a back handed compliment for the method to delay his healing. Plus he mentioned shielding Himejima earlier.

Kanroji is most definitely disappointing though. I don't understand why she wasn't doing as well as the others. It'll make even less sense when Zenitsu, Inosuke, and Kanao join in and inexplicablly do better than her.
unless Kanao,Inosuke and Zenitsu unlock mark and all see through logically they shouldn t do better. Though Kanao was stated to slightly more skill than Shinobu I would be suprise if she can her hold own. Zenitsu maybe as he beat Kaigaku but Kaigaku isn t upper moon level really

Obanai landing on blow Muzan isn t really impress. As Muzan probably doesn t care about keeping his guard that nonchalant face of his the proof of it. proven when Himejima and Sanemi
came to help fight Muzan none of them couldn t even hurt him anymore when Muzan got serious.Shielding Himejima and Giyu was still good though he isn t bad I agree.

Last edited:

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
I disagree you guys expect too much for him is why you guys he did thinks he is significantly worse. Obanai also had it worse he just got his spotlight last chapter and still don t know how effective he will be but he is still good. Plus this fight isn t over. I already lay out what I said about Giyu. Nah Genya and Muichiro is prime reason they beat Koku. Koku would eventually defeat Himejima and Sanemi if fight continue that way. Without Genya intervention,they all would been squash and achieve nothing and koku would win that fight.

Zenitsu beat weakest upper moon heck any pillar could do that i doubt kaigaku was full fledge upper moon level. Not impressed too be honest

Without Shinobu,Kanao and Inosuke wouldn t touch Douma. This you should give credit to all three as Douma wouldn t be defeat without three of them

Too much overhype on giving too much credit on Himejima and Sanemi who did no different like everyonelse. Stalling against their opponent and land finishing blow due to their opponent being weaken

Is just Giyu and Kanroji aren t getting spotlight yet as it focus on others at the moment.

Giyu had average and mediocore performance is right word.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

unless Kanao,Inosuke and Zenitsu unlock mark and all see through logically they shouldn t do better. Though Kanao was stated to slightly more skill than Shinobu I would be suprise if she can her hold own. Zenitsu maybe as he beat Kaigaku but Kaigaku isn t upper moon level really

Obanai landing on blow Muzan isn t really impress. As Muzan probably doesn t care about keeping his guard that nonchalant face of his the proof of it. proven when Himejima and Sanemi
came to help fight Muzan none of them couldn t even hurt him anymore when Muzan got serious.Shielding Himejima and Giyu was still good though he isn t bad I agree.

All I expected from Giyuu was for him to be in the spotlight at some point and all he’s done pretty much is get hurt. And everyone I named definitely deserves credit for what they did against the upper moons. None of them would have won on their own other than Zenitsu. Muichirou and Genya would have lost without Sanemi and Himejima and vice versa. Everyone who fought an Upper Moon other than Zenitsu would have been unable to win if not for the other Demon Slayers. And again the only person I expect a lot from is Tanjiro because he’s the character I want to kill Muzan. I just expected Giyuu to fight back better than he has.

And as for Obanai, he’s doing great. He’s stalling which is what they’re all trying to do. And even more he’s slowing Muzan’s regeneration time. He’s going to die but he’s doing a better job than anyone else has against Muzan up to this point.

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria
All I expected from Giyuu was for him to be in the spotlight at some point and all he’s done pretty much is get hurt. And everyone I named definitely deserves credit for what they did against the upper moons. None of them would have won on their own other than Zenitsu. Muichirou and Genya would have lost without Sanemi and Himejima and vice versa. Everyone who fought an Upper Moon other than Zenitsu would have been unable to win if not for the other Demon Slayers. And again the only person I expect a lot from is Tanjiro because he’s the character I want to kill Muzan. I just expected Giyuu to fight back better than he has.

And as for Obanai, he’s doing great. He’s stalling which is what they’re all trying to do. And even more he’s slowing Muzan’s regeneration time. He’s going to die but he’s doing a better job than anyone else has against Muzan up to this point.
Well you are right about that.

As for obanai well he isn t really slowing Muzan regeneration we might seem him unlock crimson red nirchin blade as far we know we don t how effective it will be until chapter 190. This presumption and mere speculation. As far we see he hasn t done any damage to Muzan and we just saw him unlock red nirchin blade. You can t say he does better than the others until he actually wound damage to Muzan. Which he hasn t done yet.

Even getting stab by red nirchin blade koku wouldn t have fall if werent for his inner turmoil and if he remove red nirchin blade in time. Muzan regeneration is far supepior.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

Theory about kanroji: her blade sucks at defense. It's flexible, quick and has more range than a regular sword but all of that makes it nigh useless for blocking. so she can't simply use her sword to barely avoid the poisoned tentacles like the others. Muzan simply beats her at her own game...