Fun Thread Kiss or Count - Part 2

Juviii

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
14,776
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal
52

She will in 10 years.

Number doko
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
53
speaking of badge, will i ever get my homura badge ? :emobirb
 

Juviii

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
14,776
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal
54

The badges are an illusion, Asako.
 

uberfayt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2013
Messages
1,277
Reaction score
6,080
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
56

Nice set Pomchan haha didn't know you disliked Jaden
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,184
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
57 It wasn’t like that at the beginning, but after they started pulling a Judai wins all duels and defeats everyone, plus his character development thrown into the trash, I dislike him.
 

Juviii

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
14,776
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal
58
 

uberfayt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2013
Messages
1,277
Reaction score
6,080
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
sixT1

57 It wasn’t like that at the beginning, but after they started pulling a Judai wins all duels and defeats everyone, plus his character development thrown into the trash, I dislike him.
I get where you're coming from.

I never disliked Jaden, but back in the days (2007/2008) I did get bummed out by the deconstruction his character went through and how strained his relationship with his friends became.

Now I'm ok with it. In fact, I even like it. Jaden's story is simply that of a coming of age done in a hardcore way, when life hits you hard as you start transitioning from an a kid into adulthood. I also now understand why he was so obsessed with Johan (and why he kinda disregarded his school friends).

What I don't like about his story is that "past life" deus-ex-machina bullshit (from the end of season 3) and all that Haou stuff...Don't get me wrong, I love how his conflict with Yubel was resolved, but I really hate how it was brought about: imo it would have been much cooler if Jaden's decision to assimilate Yubel came from his own (long forgotten) childhood affection for them, and not from some past life events that no one asked for or cared about....

All in all, yugioh GX (at least the original dub) is a super underrated gem with all the adult themes that it treats.

Tl;dr: I get where you're coming from ^^ In the past I didn't like his development either, but now I think differently.


59 nice avy and sig juviii :heh
Just the other day I say how much of a woman of culture she is, and now she's slapping me with a Deku avy...such evil (loving the pancakes though!).
 

Juviii

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
14,776
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal
59 nice avy and sig juviii :heh
Cowards who don't join minority tho...

sixT1


I get where you're coming from.

I never disliked Jaden, but back in the days (2007/2008) I did get bummed out by the deconstruction his character went through and how strained his relationship with his friends became.

Now I'm ok with it. In fact, I even like it. Jaden's story is simply that of a coming of age done in a hardcore way, when life hits you hard as you start transitioning from an a kid into adulthood. I also now understand why he was so obsessed with Johan (and why he kinda disregarded his school friends).

What I don't like about his story is that "past life" deus-ex-machina bullshit (from the end of season 3) and all that Haou stuff...Don't get me wrong, I love how his conflict with Yubel was resolved, but I really hate how it was brought about: imo it would have been much cooler if Jaden's decision to assimilate Yubel came from his own (long forgotten) childhood affection for them, and not from some past life events that no one asked for or cared about....

All in all, yugioh GX (at least the original dub) is a super underrated gem with all the adult themes that it treats.

Tl;dr: I get where you're coming from ^^ In the past I didn't like his development either, but now I think differently.




Just the other day I say how much of a woman of culture she is, and now she's slapping me with a Deku avy...such evil (loving the pancakes though!).
It's Minority Game punishement... As if I would like that lettuce!!

62
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

60 nice pancakes, Juviii
I actually don't dislike pancakes. :teehee I just like waffles better.
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,184
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
63
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

sixT1


I get where you're coming from.

I never disliked Jaden, but back in the days (2007/2008) I did get bummed out by the deconstruction his character went through and how strained his relationship with his friends became.

Now I'm ok with it. In fact, I even like it. Jaden's story is simply that of a coming of age done in a hardcore way, when life hits you hard as you start transitioning from an a kid into adulthood. I also now understand why he was so obsessed with Johan (and why he kinda disregarded his school friends).

What I don't like about his story is that "past life" deus-ex-machina bullshit (from the end of season 3) and all that Haou stuff...Don't get me wrong, I love how his conflict with Yubel was resolved, but I really hate how it was brought about: imo it would have been much cooler if Jaden's decision to assimilate Yubel came from his own (long forgotten) childhood affection for them, and not from some past life events that no one asked for or cared about....

All in all, yugioh GX (at least the original dub) is a super underrated gem with all the adult themes that it treats.

Tl;dr: I get where you're coming from ^^ In the past I didn't like his development either, but now I think differently.




Just the other day I say how much of a woman of culture she is, and now she's slapping me with a Deku avy...such evil (loving the pancakes though!).
I just wish they would have given more space to secondary characters like Alexis and Chazz too instead of some Jaden duels.
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
64
Cowards who don't join minority tho...
I didn't wanna win again, I'm too good at it and I don't have time to do those avatars...
I don't mind @GrySun giving me an avatar, if he up to making one
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,595
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
65

64


I didn't wanna win again, I'm too good at it and I don't have time to do those avatars...
I don't mind @GrySun giving me an avatar, if he up to making one
Aren‘t you banned from playing? Because you never made sets when you won. Shameful.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

sixT1


I get where you're coming from.

I never disliked Jaden, but back in the days (2007/2008) I did get bummed out by the deconstruction his character went through and how strained his relationship with his friends became.

Now I'm ok with it. In fact, I even like it. Jaden's story is simply that of a coming of age done in a hardcore way, when life hits you hard as you start transitioning from an a kid into adulthood. I also now understand why he was so obsessed with Johan (and why he kinda disregarded his school friends).

What I don't like about his story is that "past life" deus-ex-machina bullshit (from the end of season 3) and all that Haou stuff...Don't get me wrong, I love how his conflict with Yubel was resolved, but I really hate how it was brought about: imo it would have been much cooler if Jaden's decision to assimilate Yubel came from his own (long forgotten) childhood affection for them, and not from some past life events that no one asked for or cared about....

All in all, yugioh GX (at least the original dub) is a super underrated gem with all the adult themes that it treats.

Tl;dr: I get where you're coming from ^^ In the past I didn't like his development either, but now I think differently.




Just the other day I say how much of a woman of culture she is, and now she's slapping me with a Deku avy...such evil (loving the pancakes though!).
I like Judai, I think Pom hates 2 things about him the most: he hogs way too much screen time and plot. Many duels he won could‘ve easily been given to one of the many good side characters, but he gets like 99% of the duels while the remaining 1% is randomly allocated via dicerolls to other characters.
2nd thing she dislikes is probably how he seemingly learned nothing in season 3, and in the season 4(sub-only) he is all enlightened while still struggling with similar issues.

I agree that he really didn‘t need that weird pre-life backstory out of nowhere, but I didn‘t mind it too much. I am only sad that season 4 could‘ve been so much better but ended up mostly lackluster.
 

uberfayt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2013
Messages
1,277
Reaction score
6,080
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
666 :evil

I just wish they would have given more space to secondary characters like Alexis and Chazz too instead of some Jaden duels.
I like Judai, I think Pom hates 2 things about him the most: he hogs way too much screen time and plot. Many duels he won could‘ve easily been given to one of the many good side characters, but he gets like 99% of the duels while the remaining 1% is randomly allocated via dicerolls to other characters.
2nd thing she dislikes is probably how he seemingly learned nothing in season 3, and in the season 4(sub-only) he is all enlightened while still struggling with similar issues.

I agree that he really didn‘t need that weird pre-life backstory out of nowhere, but I didn‘t mind it too much. I am only sad that season 4 could‘ve been so much better but ended up mostly lackluster.
Totally agree with you guys on the hogging screen time part. Not sure about the 'learning nothing' part.

And yeah Season 4 was lackluster to me as well. It tried to tie the loose ends, and imo did it well in the first half by focusing on the characters. I wish it kept going in that direction instead of the Darkness stuff lol

But as I said, I'm in general very happy with GX overall. The feels were real lol
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,184
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
68
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I'm happy with it overall too, I also think first 2 seasons did very well, I disliked half of 3rd season, but the latter half was very good too imo, but 4th was a disappointment, like you said, they should've focused more on characters and not so much on that out of nowhere darkness stuff.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,595
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
69

666 :evil





Totally agree with you guys on the hogging screen time part. Not sure about the 'learning nothing' part.

And yeah Season 4 was lackluster to me as well. It tried to tie the loose ends, and imo did it well in the first half by focusing on the characters. I wish it kept going in that direction instead of the Darkness stuff lol

But as I said, I'm in general very happy with GX overall. The feels were real lol
What comes to mind is that he was still in season 4 leaving out his friends „to protect them“ and doing things on his own, the same he did in season 3 that led to the mess in the dark world. Iirc.
 

uberfayt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2013
Messages
1,277
Reaction score
6,080
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
70
What comes to mind is that he was still in season 4 leaving out his friends „to protect them“ and doing things on his own, the same he did in season 3 that led to the mess in the dark world. Iirc.
Ah right.

I think it was implied that he also avoided his friends 'cuz he was insecure about what he's become. Also, he believed it was somehow his fault the darkness stuff was happening.

But all that got cleared out when he defeated one of the Truemans (the one with the 5 headed dragon), and his relations got even better after his tag team with Asuka.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I disliked half of 3rd season, but the latter half was very good too imo,
I especially didn't like the duel zombies arc. I think that is the weakest part of the series.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,595
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
71

Yeah we both didn‘t like the zombie part. No good duels, no relevant plot, felt like such a waste of episodes after such a great start with Cobra and exchange students.
 
Top