Match - Kite/Bunta vs. Shiraishi/Akutsu | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Match Kite/Bunta vs. Shiraishi/Akutsu

Kite/Bunta vs. Shiraishi/Akutsu

• Kite/Bunta

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Shiraishi/Akutsu

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ybr99

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Kite/Bunta vs. Shiraishi/Akutsu
3 set match

Ganonslayer101

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
In the First set Marui attempts to take the Spotlight only for his genius skills to be overshadowed by Shiraishi's perfect Tennis and Akutsu's Natural Skill since None of his shots can't be returned if you see it coming. Many of Kite's Special Shots will be countered by The Pair. Habu and Ohabu can be intercepted by Nationals!Fuji so I have no doubt Shiraishi can do it, Viking Horn loses effect in Doubles since you can't catch both off Guard since they can go opposite directions to counter it and Givien Shiraishi's Akutsu's Strength (Breaking Higuma and Catching the Flying Taka) make Bunta/ Kite Unable to Win on Skill Alone. I also think Shukuchihou and Akutsu's Sliding will have similar defensive effects in terms of coverage. 6-1 S/A

Second Set has Bunta/ Kite pull out Wonder Castle and Take the set probably quickly because Wonder Castle uninjured is pretty solid 6-3 B/K.

Third Set Gets Easier for Shiraishi and Akutsu because both have been shown to adapt to failing situations in their matches against Ryoma and Fuji. And once they Breakdown Wonder Castle which I Believe they can do, I don't see Kite and Bunta being able to Hold Their Own.

ybr99

Reaction score
Country
United States
Shukuchihou and WC have no weaknesses from what we've seen so far. habu worked against G10 because bunta stands in front blocking your vision until the last second. Akutsu sliding is not the same level as shukuchihou. BUT. Shiraishi was able to beat Fuji and Akutsu is literally monster. I think kite/bunta win first set 6:4 with WC. After they get used to it shiraishi/akutsu win next two 6:3 or 6:2.

---------- Post added August 18, 2015 at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was August 17, 2015 at 07:07 PM ----------

Can akutsu take habu and can either take big bang?

Ganonslayer101

Reaction score
Country
United States
The Key to Defeating Wonder Castle is Simply Lobs and it's not like Habu is that hard a move to defeat if you avoid a wide swing. But Like I said in Game 2, they could take one game with WC. His Sliding dashes around the court, it just doesn't give an illusion of teleporting like Shukuchou. Also I wonder how well Bunta's WC can handle the Unorthodox Style of Akutsu.

Shiraishi was able to knock away Fuji's Racket and Akutsu was able to Catch a Flying Taka so I think Akutsu can definetly take a Big Bang and Shiraishi should be able to take it after a few rounds of it since it weakens with each use.

IMO Bunta/ Kite take one game with WC and Lose the Other 2 regardless of order.

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Kimijima got 5 tech to pull off that lob, and Shiraishi/Akutsu doesn't have that high in their tech. Even if they do, this is doubles and we saw what happen when Kimijima does so.

I think Aktsu and Shiraishi both can probably answer big bang.

Fuji got 3 in Str, so Shiraishi should be able to knock away both Kite and Marui racquet who got 3 and 2 in power respectively. This might be the way they break through WC.

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think you need any fancy technique to lob a shot over Wonder Castle, though I guess a lob is vulnerable to Giant Habu + Wonder Castle combo. The easiest way would just turn it into a 2on1 endurance match since Wonder Castle doesn't seem to have much, if any, offensive power so you can just tire out Marui. When Marui is doing Wonder Castle the other guy is literally doing nothing so you might as well take advantage of the 2on1. I thought Tohno was trying to beat Wonder Castle because of his pride, not because they were in any danger of losing to just Wonder Castle alone. That is, if both he and Kimijima never lobbed a single shot, they'd probably just be hitting back and forth forever and in such a scenario the side with the better endurance will win, and keep in mind the side that is not Marui has 2 guys versus just Marui who has to return all the shots by himself.

ybr99

Reaction score
Country
United States
Two things. If bunta has a chance he can use his offensive plays and take points.
If bunta gets tired he can let kite play by himself for a while because he can cover the entire back court by himself.

Bunta could deal with continuous executions i think he could take akutsu style and if he misses kite can get it.

Ganonslayer101

Reaction score
Country
United States
It does not take a 5 in tech to lob the ball especially when a Moon Volley takes only a Four. Also Shiraishi with his no waste style of play probably sets him up better in an endurance battle than Marui and the G10 match already proved that you can get through Omni-Shukuchihou's range and if Marui attempts to go on the offensive he will have to abandon Wonder Castle which leaves him open. And As for Kite Fighting Alone, well we saw how that went for him in one on one with Tohno, so Akutsu and Shiraishi together should be more than enough for him.

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
All Marui can do while in Wonder Castle is return the ball. It's a defensive technique almost like Zan but the difference is that he has to go 1on2 while doing it because the other guy cannot possibly share any of the load unless the other guy can also do Wonder Castle. It says he's using his super reflexes and stuff to return all the shots by himself but that usually implies it's got to take a toll on his endurance eventually because you'd assume he has to concentrate really hard in order to pull that off, but to his opponents they're still just normal returns. Tohno/Kimijima certainly weren't in danger of losing points to just Wonder Castle alone.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
This is a pretty unfair match-up?
Shiraishi/Akutsu is practically a given. Akutsu can hit an offensive shot from any stance. Both he and Marui/Akutsu have superhuman reflexes but Akutsu is the offensive one so this is in his favour.
Akutsu/Shiraishi have the stat total of 40 whilst Kite/Marui is 37.

Akutsu/Shiraishi won't be like Tohno who are obsessed with murdering their opponent either.
It boils down to Akutsu/Shiraishi VS Ohabu/Big Bang threat. 6-4 and 6-3 to Akutsu/Shiraishi.

ybr99

Reaction score
Country
United States
Stat wise they may be better but kite has shukuchihou and habu while akutsu is very good offense. With WC and shukuchihou in the back you can't score on them they are the best defense. They also have an extraordinary offense with bunta's miracle moves and kites habu big bang. The problem is they can't do both.
I think akutsu and shiraishi win. I don't see habu or any move stopping shiraishi. And they can just outlast with stamina.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I don't see habu or any move stopping shiraishi. And they can just outlast with stamina.
Precisely. This is the man who had to time to pivot around catch Fuji's Disappearing Serve.
With Shiraishi at the baseline there is no way he is dropping more than 2 games to it imho.

Funnily enough, Shiraishi has the weakest technique in this match-up. I see Marui's techniques being the main reason that Marui/Kite pair take a majority of their points.

With Shiraishi ranked as the No.3 of Japan and Akutsu No.6 iirc, seeing them pair-up doesn't seem impossible at all.
I'd love to know Konomi's plan for the way he numbered everyone. I really can't tell who will pair with who.

meowmachine

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Despite databooks constantly pointing our Marui has poor stamina, we never see it. He can probably hold up wonder castle for 3 sets. Niou and Atobe show relatively more strain in the 3-set match than Marui. Kite's habu is probably unpredictable/fast enough that Shiraishi definitely cannot catch it and Akutsu will only get it half the time. Individually, Shiraishi and Akutsu are the better players but Marui and Kite have a really good double team.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'd guess the reason why we don't really get to see any stamina problems for Marui is that he normally doesn't move around much. His offensive style has just him standing around and waiting for a ball he can convert, so of course that doesn't significantly drain his stamina. This probably changes when he uses Wonder Castle since that has him covering the entire net. Still, his stamina isn't exactly poor to begin with, it's more like average (it's just worse than that of the other three).

Anyway, on the match as a whole: I think the combination of Wonder Castle and Giant Habu will be troublesome for Shiraishi and Akutsu and I'm not sure how they'd really overcome it head-on. Turning the match into an endurance battle with Marui and forcing Marui/Kite to switch back to the Shukuchihou/Myougi strategy seems like a better idea to me. In that case, I'm pretty confident that Shiraishi could stop Marui from scoring a lot of the time, and Akutsu's entire playstyle seems like a terrible match-up for Kite - we've seen that Shukuchihou can be overcome if you can actually get Kite off balance and Akutsu's tennis should be perfect for that.

In the end I expect Marui/Kite to take the first set, but I don't think Marui can keep up WC throughout the whole match. As a result, Shiraishi/Akutsu are going to take sets two and three in my opinion.