Discussion - Latest Releases Mega Convo | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Latest Releases Mega Convo

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
This is where you can talk about the latest releases.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Re: Latest Releases Discussion Thread

Wonder Woman? There's no Wonder Woman now. There's only Agent Diana Prince. Well there's Donna Troy posing as Wonder Woman but still can't beat the real hottie Diana :D

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Wonder Man, Ichi-san. XD The guy from Avengers. XD

I used to be a big fan as well, when I used to read Avengers. XD I might give that a try tool. And cool! The handbook is up for downloads as well. They have it in bookstores here, and I read it last week. It's quite good. Only problem is, it isn't that much updated with things. House of M was mentioned, but a few of the mutants in the book didn't have info about them losing their powers.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Dragonzair said:
Wonder Man, Ichi-san. XD The guy from Avengers. XD

I used to be a big fan as well, when I used to read Avengers. XD I might give that a try tool. And cool! The handbook is up for downloads as well. They have it in bookstores here, and I read it last week. It's quite good. Only problem is, it isn't that much updated with things. House of M was mentioned, but a few of the mutants in the book didn't have info about them losing their powers.
Ooops, my bad. I havent been sleeping since yesterday (work sucks!) so my vision must be a bit impaired. Probably since Wonder Woman is my 1st love (not Wonder Man). :D

I dont know much about Wonder Man, I got several of his old series and old Avengers series (just to see more Thor), but back then i just bought Wonder Man cause they're available on discount price. :D

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Yes, the Avenger, Simon Williams, lol. Wonder Man used to have a series in the early 1990's.

Personally I liked the art back then than I do in this miniseries. It's like the artist has been watching too much Jay Leno and decided to model Simon after him!

But the writing's good so far and funny.

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Personally I liked the art back then than I do in this miniseries. It's like the artist has been watching too much Jay Leno and decided to model Simon after him!
Agreed. I was taken back by the art, but it ain't stopping me from reading. XD Personally, he was my first comic book character favourite. o.O I have no idea how that came to be. I was 9...

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Created a Justice League of America discussion thread! It has all the downloads of the #0-4, thanks to Gin n' Tonic. DZ, could you give it a try? I worked hard on the thread and the character bios so that you can learn who the main characters are in the first post >.> And all the downloads are in the first post too.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Thanks for the JLA Thread, GK! Now I can talk about Green Lantern there (since probably there wont be much interest if i made a GL thread). :D
And if anyone need a link, I'll be glad to upload them. But please do have patience, since i dont have a fast connection :D

qwan3356

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Latest Releases

what opens a .cbr file?

You can use CDisplay, WinRar (and you can rename .cbr to .rar, .cbz to .zip), or use the latest ACDSee. For more questions, you can direct them in the Latest Releases Discussion Thread. Thanks. -- Ichi

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Actually I'd be interested in talking GL if I had the issues to read >.>

I read Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man 15 just now. The art was pretty worth it. Scot Eaton's definitely in the upper elite of the comic book artist fraternity nowadays.

Lohnt

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Re: Latest Releases

I really think you guys should organize this more like you do the manga threads, IE each comic its own release topic.

Or at the very least have one topic for spiderman comics, one for x-men comics, one for any other marvel comics, one for ultimate marvel comics, one for superman and batman comics and one for DC comics.

The list as it is right now is very long and difficult to navigate, although don't get me wrong I really appreciate you guys uploading the comics (even though I prefer sendspace :/)

John Rx

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States

Need Input Guys. Do you prefer posting the links as they are released or just waiting the week to finish then compiling and posting them?

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada

I really think you guys should organize this more like you do the manga threads, IE each comic its own release topic.

Or at the very least have one topic for spiderman comics, one for x-men comics, one for any other marvel comics, one for ultimate marvel comics, one for superman and batman comics and one for DC comics.

The list as it is right now is very long and difficult to navigate, although don't get me wrong I really appreciate you guys uploading the comics (even though I prefer sendspace :/)
We'll look into that. ^_^ But for now, this thread will serve as a download place for the latest releases of these weeks. The other threads are mainly for discussion. But if you want a particular issue, just request for it in the right thread (i.e, an X Men/XMen related issue, ask in the X MEn thread).

But if you don't find the right thread, let me know. And I'll create a Request Thread. I'm sure alot of the members who frequent here, are very much obliged to help, as they've done so in the past. :D

Thing is, creating too much threads for their own releaes, means we'd have to sticky them to keep the topics staying at the top. And that'll just push back the discussion threads to the next page. Which makes it even harder to navigate other threads.

Nonetheless, feel free to pm any questions you have, or if you are looking for a particular comic, post in the American Comics Thread, and we'll help you from there on. ^_^

That being said! Holy Hell! FABLES! <3 Thank you! X Men First Class looks awesoem as well! Thanks for the links!

And you're right. Maybe it will create a mess. We'll try to figure something out a little later. ^_^[br]Posted on: December 21, 2006, 03:28:27 AM_________________________________________________
John Rx said:
Need Input Guys. Do you prefer posting the links as they are released or just waiting the week to finish then compiling and posting them?
Hrm....

You're right. Refii was bringing up a point that the thread might mess up later. I think it'll be alright to post it on a weekly basis. I think most issues are released before Thursday? So Thursday morning, you post them. Then I'll find a way to put in a post before Ichi-san's first post in the thread, where I'll update that with the releases you provide.

[br]Posted on: December 21, 2006, 03:34:42 AM_________________________________________________***

On a sidenote, I'm off to download Fables and that new X Men one. Looks pretty interesting. *is excited with the Fables alot*[br]Posted on: December 21, 2006, 03:35:17 AM_________________________________________________***

Ken-chan suggested that it was easier to post the links this way. And it'll be alright to keep the way things are since the latest releases are in the latest posts anyway. ^_^ If you have a question regarding that, just pm the mods involved here. ^^

And HELL! Fables #56: Was great <333 I love it so much. <3 Can't wait for the next.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

I have no problems with how it's going right now John Rx. Thanks so much :)

That's why we have a Releases Discussion thread, so that that other thread wouldn't get too messy anyway. [br]Posted on: December 21, 2006, 05:29:35 AM_________________________________________________
refii said:

Well, maybe we can help with that for the individual threads. We can add the latest releases to the first posts of each thread. But John Rx doesn't have to worry about that aspect of it, we mods can do that.[br]Posted on: December 21, 2006, 05:35:00 AM_________________________________________________

John Rx said:
IRON MAN 014 2007

Just read this. Loved the art in it. And I don't think I've ever seen Iron Man with a better-looking suit before. I think they may have finally nailed it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

To accomodate all the awesome suggestion made by everyone, I went ahead and created three Latest Releases Threads:
- DC, WildStorm & Vertigo Latest Releases Thread
- Marvel Latest Releases Thread
- Other Companies Latest Releases Thread
- Request Thread

This way, i hope it'll be easier for everyone to look for a certain title. I'll also lock the Latest Releases Thread and moving the links to the appropriate thread (I hate the word appropriate, so fraggin hard to spell!) :D

Lohnt

Reaction score
Country
Greece

Dragonzair said:

And you're right. Maybe it will create a mess. We'll try to figure something out a little later. ^_^[br]Posted on: December 21, 2006, 03:28:27 AM_________________________________________________
Hrm....

You're right. Refii was bringing up a point that the thread might mess up later. I think it'll be alright to post it on a weekly basis. I think most issues are released before Thursday? So Thursday morning, you post them. Then I'll find a way to put in a post before Ichi-san's first post in the thread, where I'll update that with the releases you provide.

[br]Posted on: December 21, 2006, 03:34:42 AM_________________________________________________***
Heheheheh that was funny, I love the evolution of your post. "Sir, remain calm we have it under control : Hmm.. what did he say again? : Ok.. so maybe we didn't plan this out : wow that's a lot of issues in one thread : AAAAAAHH" I'm paraphrasing of course but heheh it's cool.

Oh yea, I forgot to mention why I posted.
How about at the end of the week/ or bi-weekly we compile all the issues and start a proper torrent, unlike DCP this one would be organized and won't have copies of the same issue 5 times etc. What do you think about that? Or compiling all the comics from each thread into one zipped download file at the end of the week/bi-weekly for easy access.
Anyway, yea that was my suggestion.

Venom65437

I think the way the forum is set up is fine for now... but if it gets more popular having threads to discuss individual issues... rather than a character as a whole would be better.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

refii said:
Heheheheh that was funny, I love the evolution of your post. "Sir, remain calm we have it under control : Hmm.. what did he say again? : Ok.. so maybe we didn't plan this out : wow that's a lot of issues in one thread : AAAAAAHH" I'm paraphrasing of course but heheh it's cool.
Heh well that's our loveable DZ for ya... actually, I was doing a little bit of the same myself, I thought it was OK at first then I realized hmm, maybe it does need a little divison.

Oh yea, I forgot to mention why I posted.
How about at the end of the week/ or bi-weekly we compile all the issues and start a proper torrent, unlike DCP this one would be organized and won't have copies of the same issue 5 times etc. What do you think about that? Or compiling all the comics from each thread into one zipped download file at the end of the week/bi-weekly for easy access.
Anyway, yea that was my suggestion.
If you would like to do that, that's cool.

Venom65437 said:
I think the way the forum is set up is fine for now... but if it gets more popular having threads to discuss individual issues... rather than a character as a whole would be better.
Yeh, we can do separate threads on a given storyarc, Josh, or even issues, that's fine. It's just that it might get a little cluttered and we do try to keep everything organized here.

Venom65437

Well, like I said, only if it gets popular.... when threads get so long, it can be too big of a pain to try and go thru them and find the specific story you want. How it is right now is fine. :)

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I think you could also post the torrents done by DCP, so people could download many comics in one go.