Round of 16 - Laxus Dreyar vs Gajeel Redfox | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Round of 16 Laxus Dreyar vs Gajeel Redfox

Which Fighter Advances?

• Laxus Dreyar

Votes: 52 89.7%
  • Gajeel Redfox

Votes: 6 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson Ice

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Oh wow two out of my three favourite characters face off already :/ Sorry Gajeel but Laxus wins.

Stormsfury

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Oh wow two out of my three favourite characters face off already :/ Sorry Gajeel but Laxus wins.
IKR! mad salty atm, can't believe Gajeel has to face Laxus.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I think Gajeel is being downplayed here. Gajeel used Dragon Force against Bradman and defeated the guy who he hadn't damaged at all with just a couple of punches in Dragon Force. To have that kind of attack power to defeat a Spriggan is crazy, and there's no way Laxus would be able to withstand that kind of power for long, especially if Gajeel actually uses spells in DF. Laxus has no mode to match that, and he'd probably struggle to even hit Gajeel when Gajeel enters Iron Shadow Dragon mode. With no way to hit that and match the power of Dragon Force, Laxus is at a disadvantage here and thus I'd give Gajeel the win high diff.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
IKR! mad salty atm, can't believe Gajeel has to face Laxus.
If only Gajeel and Erza got swapped round ;(
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I think Gajeel is being downplayed here. Gajeel used Dragon Force against Bradman and defeated the guy who he hadn't damaged at all with just a couple of punches in Dragon Force. To have that kind of attack power to defeat a Spriggan is crazy, and there's no way Laxus would be able to withstand that kind of power for long, especially if Gajeel actually uses spells in DF. Laxus has no mode to match that, and he'd probably struggle to even hit Gajeel when Gajeel enters Iron Shadow Dragon mode. With no way to hit that and match the power of Dragon Force, Laxus is at a disadvantage here and thus I'd give Gajeel the win high diff.
Laxus was also about to shit on a Spriggan casually so I don't see how Gajeel's offensive output is that much higher than Laxus', if it's even higher at all. While I doubt he'd struggle to hit Gajeel in Shadow mode seeing if you're fast enough you can catch the opponent as they try to strike and Laxus has higher reaction, striking and movement speed than Gajeel. I don't see how Laxus lose though, Gajeel would give him trouble.

Last edited:

Stormsfury

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1. Laxus is one of the most durable characters in the series........ don't match his durability with Bradman who has shown no good durability feats.
2. How is Gajeel using DF and ISDM at the same time? He either uses one or the other, when he enters DF he loses his intangibilty factor and when he enters ISDM he loses the power from DF.
3. Laxus outspeeds Gajeel, so he most certainly can hit Gajeel when he is in ISDM, just like how Gajeel was able to catch Rogue when Rogue was in his shadow form, he has to materialize before he actually lands an attack and that's the window Laxus needs to take him down. This will be Laxus' greatest challenge.
4. Gajeel's DF that he displayed hasn't matched Laxus level of power. You've got it completely the other way around, if you can bring proof that Gajeel's DF matched Laxus' power then you may have a case. Laxus' casual nukes and the fact that he beat a Spriggan when he was extremely ill and at a magical disadvantage and then also proceeded to take down Hades proves that he is insanely powerful. This is a Laxus who is at full power from the get go.
5. When Gajeel uses his Iron it attracts lightning meaning that he's going to end up being hit by just about every single attack Laxus throws, so Gajeel is actually the one at the disadvantage here.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
1. Laxus is one of the most durable characters in the series........ don't match his durability with Bradman who has shown no good durability feats.
2. How is Gajeel using DF and ISDM at the same time? He either uses one or the other, when he enters DF he loses his intangibilty factor and when he enters ISDM he loses the power from DF.
3. Laxus outspeeds Gajeel, so he most certainly can hit Gajeel when he is in ISDM, just like how Gajeel was able to catch Rogue when Rogue was in his shadow form, he has to materialize before he actually lands an attack and that's the window Laxus needs to take him down. This will be Laxus' greatest challenge.
4. Gajeel's DF that he displayed hasn't matched Laxus level of power. You've got it completely the other way around, if you can bring proof that Gajeel's DF matched Laxus' power then you may have a case. Laxus' casual nukes and the fact that he beat a Spriggan when he was extremely ill and at a magical disadvantage and then also proceeded to take down Hades proves that he is insanely powerful. This is a Laxus who is at full power from the get go.
5. When Gajeel uses his Iron it attracts lightning meaning that he's going to end up being hit by just about every single attack Laxus throws, so Gajeel is actually the one at the disadvantage here.
1. Laxus has never faced an opponent who has had the offensive power that Dragon Power gives, so I don't think what he's shown previously durability wise will be enough to withstand Dragon Force attacks.
2. I never said Gajeel would be using them at the same time. Laxus is unable to hit Gajeel when he is a shadow, I don't see any logic to how he could actually effect Gajeel if he was a shadow unless he wasn't intangible when going for an attack.
3. I doubt that Laxus actually has the speed to keep up with Dragon Force Gajeel. As we've seen from the other Dragon Slayers when they use Dragon Force, they move incredibly fast and Laxus has no feats in speed to say he could keep up with that sort of speed.
4. Where has Laxus actually shown he is stronger than someone using Dragon Force? His nuke which wasn't even confirmed if it would've taken out Ajeel? That won't cut it as its not definitive. Dragon Force is said to be the power of a dragon, with some saying it to multiply the mages power output by three or four times. There is nothing that Laxus has shown that would say he could match that kind of power output.
5. Laxus's lightning only followed Gajeel when Gajeel deliberately used his body as a lightning rod to save Natsu in the battle of fairy tail arc, so no he won't land every single attack.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
1. Laxus has never faced an opponent who has had the offensive power that Dragon Power gives, so I don't think what he's shown previously durability wise will be enough to withstand Dragon Force attacks.
2. I never said Gajeel would be using them at the same time. Laxus is unable to hit Gajeel when he is a shadow, I don't see any logic to how he could actually effect Gajeel if he was a shadow unless he wasn't intangible when going for an attack.
3. I doubt that Laxus actually has the speed to keep up with Dragon Force Gajeel. As we've seen from the other Dragon Slayers when they use Dragon Force, they move incredibly fast and Laxus has no feats in speed to say he could keep up with that sort of speed.
4. Where has Laxus actually shown he is stronger than someone using Dragon Force? His nuke which wasn't even confirmed if it would've taken out Ajeel? That won't cut it as its not definitive. Dragon Force is said to be the power of a dragon, with some saying it to multiply the mages power output by three or four times. There is nothing that Laxus has shown that would say he could match that kind of power output.
5. Laxus's lightning only followed Gajeel when Gajeel deliberately used his body as a lightning rod to save Natsu in the battle of fairy tail arc, so no he won't land every single attack.

1. Wahl has had higher offensive output than any Dragon Force character in the series bar current Gajeel, while Laxus has shown to be a physical tank (taking Wahl's whole assault while being ill and taking a blast from Hades with no magical power). Though I doubt Laxus would survive an entire onslaught from Gajeel in this case it works both ways.

2. Again Gajeel would only be able to remain on the defense if he wants to be intangible, while even then I doubt if Rouge's intangibility is absolute because he was getting hit multiple times in the Torafusa fight. While attack like Fairy Law which doesn't have anything physically hit the opponent would work.

3. You doubt? Shouldn't it be the other way round, Dragon Force Gajeel's best feat is outpacing Bradman while no Dragon Slayer bar Natsu a couple of times has shown overwhelming speed when in Dragon Force.

4. Again is it the other way? You're automatically overrating Dragon Force users, Wendy in Dragon Force couldn't even make Dimaria flinch while Sting and Rouge couldn't put down Natsu and at one point Natsu was overwhelmed by Zero in Dragon Force. While Laxus's nuke would have fucked up Ajeel maybe no knock him out but certainly fucked him up badly, everything in the scene implies that. Laxus has shown superior offensive output to Gajeel, Laxus basically one shot his Spirggan while Gajeel didn't even completely destroy Bradman.

5. I agree on that.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
To rate DF/Black Iron Gajeel, it all comes down to how you rate Bradman. His body isn't actually strong, it's made of anti-magic particles. Every punch DF Gajeel was actually dispersing Bradman's body, so the final punch wasn't so much 'busting' Bradman. To me, it was either Bradman's particles had taken too much damage to reform, or the last punch was strong enough that the particles couldn't reform. I'm going with the former for now.

Then you compare the type of battle Bradman can offer DF Gajeel. His attacking abilities relied on curses. He wasn't giving Gajeel any problem with CQC other than intangibility. This will be different to Laxus. Not only that, the amount of damage Gajeel will need to commit is going to be higher. Gajeel should also have a secret art that is superior to his punches/kicks (though in DF these are very potent).

DF Gajeel should be able to match Laxus is CQC. If one is better than the other it won't be by much.

The big difference for me is DF/Black Iron is a mode that hasn't shown to last long. He still needed to use the small amount of Iron in the anti-magic particles to trigger dragon force. So if Laxus can match this mode he'll win, it'd just be a matter of time. For Gajeel to win Dragon Force would need to overpower Laxus and likely considerably, not match him.

Last edited:

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Up to now, Gajeel barely has feats in Dragon Force instead of being able to counter curse power. In the end, Gajeel didn't defeat Bradman on his own while Laxus did solo Wahl. The only thing that will give Laxus a mid diff fight is Gajeel's Iron Shadow Dragon Mode.

If we compare feats, I think it's pretty obvious that Laxus is above Gajeel:

Attack: Laxus >> Gajeel
Laxus lightning nuke should be above any of Gajeel's attacks. I'm kinda excluding Fairy Law here, since he won't have a single chance to cast it.

Defense: Gajeel >>> Laxus
Gajeel has the best defense in Fairy Tail after Freed, thanks to his iron body and ISDM. But yeah, he can't hide forever in ISDM.

Stamina: Laxus >> Gajeel
Laxus could face Hades after he defeated Wahl. No need to explain this.

Speed: Laxus > Gajeel
Laxus his lightning body outclasses Gajeel's ISDM.

Intelligence: Laxus > Gajeel
Laxus showed that he isn't dumb at all since he tricked Wahl. Does this mean he has a high intelligence? No. But is his better than Gajeel's? Surely.

AoE: Laxus >>> Gajeel
Gajeel his secret technique and ISD Roar are nice, but they can't be compared to Laxus his lightning nuke and Fairy Law.

Spell diversity: Laxus = Gajeel
It's hard to compare this, I'd say they're equal.

Anyway, Laxus outclasses Gajeel when it comes to feats. I don't see a single way how he could surpass him. Laxus is Fairy Tail's strongest after all.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Laxus GOAT , he mid-high diffs Gajeel. Gajeel's DF would go down after a good fight but a fully healthy Laxus is too much for him to handle.

Stormsfury

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1. Wahl put out offense that equals DF characters, just because things don't make a big boom doesn't mean that they aren't powerful, there is something called attack potency, just because it's DF doesn't mean it is automatically a cut above the rest, because DF Wendy is most certainly not a cut above the rest, the same can be said for Sting and Rogue. The way you talk about DF makes it sound like it's invincible, different DF's are different, as shown with Sting and Rogue. I'm pretty damn sure that a person with the durability level of Laxus would be able to stand around all day and take DF Sting, Rogue and Wendy attacks.
2. I already told you that Gajeel needs to materialise for him to actually hit Laxus, how on earth is he landing a hit when Laxus is many times faster than him? You said and I quote "With no way to hit that and match the power of Dragon Force, Laxus is at a disadvantage here and thus I'd give Gajeel the win high diff." That most certainly implies that Gajeel is in DF and in his ISDM at the same time.
3. Give me speed and reaction feats that DF Gajeel has shown that match Laxus'........ As I said, you keep saying it like as soon as people go into DF they surpass all other mages. Laxus was able to disolve a whole bunch of bullets while they were firing at him in mid-air, he also disolved them before they even got close to him, that's one of the best reaction feats in this series. He also dodged a whole bunch of Wahl's ranged attacks at extreme speed and nailed a counter, need I remind you, he's doing all of this while he's ill.
4. Throughout the entire seires. When on earth have Sting, Rogue, Wendy and pre-tenrou island Natsu in DF proved that they have been stronger than current Laxus? Seriously, when? Again, you act like DF is a tier above the rest when Base Natsu clearly destroyed DF Sting and Rogue with ease. The nuke was heavily implied to have the power to take out or deal significant damage to Ajeel, August implied it. Where on earth has DF Gajeel shown the power to take out Laxus?
5. True, you can have that one.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Giving this battle to Gajeel extreme difficulty.The reasons are:-
i)Gajeel's DF low diffed Bradman.Featwise it is no different than Laxus soloing Wahl.
DF is the game changer in this.

Last edited:

Mard Geer

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
Gajeel can activate his Dragon Force, but a year gap, Laxus is even stronger than any GOI itself, maybe Laxus cast his Crimson Lightning, Gajeel will be defeated. So, I vote for Laxus.

VongolaX10

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Isn't gajeel the perfect counter to laxus's lightning

Stormsfury

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Isn't gajeel the perfect counter to laxus's lightning
How?
Giving this battle to Gajeel extreme difficulty.The reasons are:-
i)Gajeel's DF low diffed Bradman.Featwise it is no different than Laxus soloing Wahl.
DF is the game changer in this.
Except Laxus had a magic disadvantage and was dying from an illness and then proceeded to one-shot a Spriggan so of course it is..........
Sting and Rogue's DF couldn't even do anything against Base Natsu...........

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
How?

Except Laxus had a magic disadvantage and was dying from an illness and then proceeded to one-shot a Spriggan so of course it is..........
Sting and Rogue's DF couldn't even do anything against Base Natsu...........
Wait their DF was not even real.Only person who showed real DF that can potentially "destroy everything and rivals the power of a real Dragon"-DF definition was shown only by Natsu.Gajeel's DF belongs to the category first when Natsu and Wendy activated it by eating Etherion.If this had been Base Gajeel i would have given the vote to Laxus without opening my eyes.But as DF is allowed(the real of 1st Gen not of 3rd Gen)I am giving this battle to Gajeel extreme difficulty.

Stormsfury

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wait their DF was not even real.Only person who showed real DF that can potentially "destroy everything and rivals the power of a real Dragon"-DF definition was shown only by Natsu.Gajeel's DF belongs to the category first when Natsu and Wendy activated it by eating Etherion.If this had been Base Gajeel i would have given the vote to Laxus without opening my eyes.But as DF is allowed(the real of 1st Gen not of 3rd Gen)I am giving this battle to Gajeel extreme difficulty.
So Wendy's DF surpasses Laxus?
That's your logic, there is nothing that states that Sting and Rogue's DF isn't real, until proven then you can't say that.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
So Wendy's DF surpasses Laxus?
That's your logic, there is nothing that states that Sting and Rogue's DF isn't real, until proven then you can't say that.
Wendy is still a child.I am not counting her in it.First Gen DF has lot of Draconian features and more power boost while second Gen have only scale marks that look like tattoos whose power boost come from those lacrimas which by itself not that powerful you know that.
Third Generation Dragon Slayers, those who have not only been taught by a Dragon but also haveDragon Lacrima implanted into their body, are capable of freely entering Dragon Force. However, the appearance of their Dragon Force is slightly different from the previous generations, for instead of actual scales, a scale-like design appears on their face and body.

Stormsfury

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wendy is still a child.I am not counting her in it.First Gen DF has lot of Draconian features and more power boost while second Gen have only scale marks that look like tattoos whose power boost come from those lacrimas which by itself not that powerful you know that.
Third Generation Dragon Slayers, those who have not only been taught by a Dragon but also haveDragon Lacrima implanted into their body, are capable of freely entering Dragon Force. However, the appearance of their Dragon Force is slightly different from the previous generations, for instead of actual scales, a scale-like design appears on their face and body.
Second Generation haven't activated DF yet........ The DF's of certain dragon slayers take on the likeness of their dragon parents, it's that simple, all you can do is speculate on the matter. Wendy's DF most certainly looks different from Natsu's and Gajeels. The same is said about the other two.
The words about DF being equal to the power of Dragons is completely inconsistent because DF Wendy and previous DF Natsu's wouldn't stand a chance against dragons, so those words are completely inconsistent and don't make any sense. DF Gajeel has done nothing to prove that he is above Laxus, if he has the feats to back up the claim of being equal to dragons then he would have an argument.

GokuSSJG

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
DF Gajeel cannot beat Laxus.Laxus' one nuke would be enough to either KO him or heavily damage him and that is not even serious Laxus.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.