Discussion - Lets Talk About Godslayers | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Lets Talk About Godslayers

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
You did, you said that Ignia’s magic fought against Zeref which is not the same.
No I didn't. My posts are right there. I'll give you 1 million bucks if you can quote where I said Ignia fought Zeref. I cannot argue with a person that refuses to stay on topic or keep track of the conversation, and just makes stuff up. It's annoying. Let's recap everything that has actually been said:
  • You said that God Slaying elements are superior to Dragon Slaying elements.
  • I disagreed.
  • You argued that Zancrow's flames could hurt Natsu even though Natsu is completely immune to dragon flames.
  • I pointed out how Ignia's flames burned Natsu way worse than Zancrow's flames did.
  • You went off topic talking about flames of savage emotions burned Natsu more than both Zancrow and Ignia's flames.
  • I pointed out how this is irrelevant. Both flames that Natsu used are dragon slaying flames, and both are stronger than Zancrow's god slaying flames.
  • You went even more off topic talking about how flames of savage emotions can burn time. At this point, you're not even comparing dragon slaying flames to god slaying flames. You just want to talk about the differences between Natsu's flames of savage emotions and Ignia's flames.
  • I point out how this doesn't matter. Both are still dragon slaying flames, and stronger than Zancrow's flames.
  • You accuse me of making stuff up about Zeref and Ignia fighting.

Ignia’s flames are prefixed to burn anything, not based on natural tolerance, just like with Zancrow’s flames are prefixed to be stronger than Natsu’s flames Tenrou. Because natsu Savage flames reach a ludicrous temperature they can break down the laws of physics which in turn surpass his own immunity. They are only superior because of their prefix or conditions. That means Lucy is stronger by your logic. That is either PIS on Hiro’s part or Hiro forgot to add said details because that is common for spells that are inherited from someone that shows a tattoo. Gray’s hair turned into his DS mode which is a common transformation that he goes through, so yes that is how it works. It is as all weapons are powered by Lacrima, even lowly soldiers have Lacrima weapons. Even Lily stated that his sword can cut through iron, were as regular swords either cannot or have difficult time to. So it turned Gajeel’s immunity to resistence.
Before we continue, Igneel's flames aren't "prefixed" to anything. A prefix is set of characters that goes before a noun. The "neo" in "Neo-Eclipse" is a prefix. I'm not usually petty on English, but saying that Igneel's flames are prefixed to burn anything is literally a sentence that has no meaning.

• Ignia's flames are hot enough to burn Natsu's own arms. Savage Flames is also hot enough to burn Natsu's own hands. Zancrow's flames are not. Ignia's flames and Savage Flames are both dragon slaying flames, so this is direct proof that dragon slaying flames are stronger than god slaying flames.
  • Lucy isn't stronger than Natsu because she didn't take the brunt of the blast like Natsu did. That's kind of the whole reason Natsu threw himself in front of her. So that she wouldn't take as much damage.
  • I'm sorry, but what? Gray's hair? Gray's HAIR? You are telling me with a straight face that you think that Gray's hair demonized? Look at the panels I linked. What is so special about Gray's hair there? Nothing. There was no demonized markings. There was no tattoo. There was no change in hairstyle.
  • Nowhere does it say that Pantherelily's sword had lacrima. But that's not the issue here. The sword's ability to cut iron doesn't change the fact that it is itself iron, which Gajeel should be immune to. The fact that Gajeel is not immune to it tells us that Gajeel isn't immune to all iron. Gajeel didn't even have his dragon scales up on his head when he blocked Pantherlily's sword. So Pantherlily didn't cut iron. He cut Gajeel's skin, which is supposed to be immune to damage by iron.

Last edited:

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Yes you did, I am safely assuming you don’t read your own posts, and I do not need a million bucks on that. I can not argue with someone who do not have a consistent argument going on when they go all over the place. It is simple, Slayers have respective immunities to their elements unless they are overcome either by a hax ability, an ability that explicitly states they can overcome certain elements or anything in general. And a prefix is also a way of adding things onto certain abilities, it is common in video games as well, that is how you describe something that has other abilities. Ignia’s flames are hax based because they can burn anything, even Natsu. Natsu knew he would not be harmed by August’s fire magic but he had to minimize the damage so the others would not burn. Yes, Gray’s hair does change at times when he uses DSM, that is how it works, it is inconsistent yes but that is how it goes. Where was it stated that Lily’s sword was iron, we did not see him eat his sword, and it does make a difference that his sword is a magic item of Edolas as he stated it is a larcyma, that is how all items work in that universe, you do not need a guide to know that.

Last edited:

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Yes you did, I am safely assuming you don’t read your own posts, and I do not need a million bucks on that. I can not argue with someone who do not have a consistent argument going on when they go all over the place. It is simple, Slayers have respective immunities to their elements unless they are overcome either by a hax ability, an ability that explicitly states they can overcome certain elements or anything in general. And a prefix is also a way of adding things onto certain abilities, it is common in video games as well, that is how you describe something that has other abilities. Ignia’s flames are hax based because they can burn anything, even Natsu. Natsu knew he would not be harmed by August’s fire magic but he had to minimize the damage so the others would not burn. Yes, Gray’s hair does change at times when he uses DSM, that is how it works, it is inconsistent yes but that is how it goes. Where was it stated that Lily’s sword was iron, we did not see him eat his sword, and it does make a difference that his sword is a magic item of Edolas.
Either quote where I claimed Ignia fought Zeref or admit that you lied.

Dragon Slaying flames are stronger than God Slaying flames. Ignia's flames can burn Natsu, whereas Zancrow's flames cannot. Even disregarding hax, Ignia's flames is vastly more powerful than Zancrow's flames in terms of pure raw power. Natsu's flames of savage emotions is also vastly more powerful than Zancrow's flames. Those flames are also dragon slaying flames.

Slayers can be hurt by strong enough attacks, even if they are their own elements. Gray has been hurt by Ur's and Gray's ice, even though he is a devil slayer. Gray can use devil slaying without demonizing, without using his tattoo, and without a change in his hairstyle. This is a fact, and I showed 2 examples of Gray doing just that. Gajeel can be hurt by iron swords. Rogue can be hurt by Gajeel's iron shadow roar, which was mostly shadow. Natsu can be hurt by flames that are too hot.

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Go look up at post 37 and you will see it. They are not because god flames are by hax stronger than dragon flames, because that is how they function. Zancrow’s flames have burned natsu, stop lying through your teeth, that would be twice now you did that. I do not care how much more powerful they are, because lord knows there is a difference in strength but not in the effects of the flames they possess. Natsu’s savage emotions breaks down the laws of physics when they reach a certain temperature, that is why he was burned by them. Gray did not have his IDSM on at the time so the attacks would hurt him. He can only use them when he activates his DSM which comes in a variety of ways. Gajeel cannot be hurt by iron swords unless they have a special abilities that would disregard his immunity. Rogue was hurt by his iron, that is why it worked, so not try to draw straws here now, his roar was mostly iron based rather than shadow. Finally thank you for agreeing to my point of Natsu’s flames reaching a heat that breaks down physics that can hurt him

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
This is post 37. Nowhere here do I make a suggestion that Ignia fought Zeref. I've highlighted the only sentence where I used Zeref and Ignia in the same sentence, and I am saying both Ignia's flames and the flames Natsu used against Zeref (which would be his savage flames) are dragon slaying flames and both are stronger than Zancrow's god slaying flames.
It literally does not matter in the slightest. This discussion is about Dragon Slayer flames versus God Slayer flames. Both Ignia's flames and the flames Natsu used against Zeref are dragon slaying flames, and both are far stronger than Zancrow's god slaying flames. Please stay on topic.

We do see Natsu burned by his own flames. The flames of savage emotions that he used against Zeref is Natsu's own flames. If you're talking about August, August knocked out Natsu with that nuke. We know he was knocked out because he had to wake up from on top of Lucy. Also even if Natsu wasn't knocked out, Natsu had more wounds after the nuke than before so the attack still did damage. Natsu was just able to negate most of the nuke (not all of it, by his own admission) and he also shielded Lucy from the blast. Gray absolutely did use devil slaying magic without the tattoo. This is not up for debate. We can clearly see that he was not demonized when he used devil slaying attacks against both Ur and Invel. Pantherlily made Gajeel bleed with his sword. There's no special hax in this sword either. It's just a giant sword that Pantherlily swung around. Actually, it might not even have been magical.
Natsu was not burned by Zancrow's flames. Not even remotely close to the same way Ignia's flames burned him. Natsu scorched the flesh off his arms using Ignia's flames. Zancrow's flames gave him superficial scratches.

Gray is always a devil slayer, even when he doesn't demonize. He can use devil slaying attacks without demonizing, without tattoos, and without any changes in his hair style. This is like saying Natsu can't use dragon slaying magic unless he uses Dragon Force or activates Igneel's tattoo. None of the swords that cut Gajeel have a special ability that disregards Gajeel's immunity to iron. Iron Shadow roar was mostly Shadow. I've always said that Natsu can be hurt from flames that are too hot. That's the whole point.

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Wow, you are just in denial at this point that I cannot even at all. You say that Ignia actually fought against Zeref which is not even the case, and trying to compare Ignia’s and Natsu’s magic is just wrong on so many levels. Yes he was burned by flames of Zancrow, even Zancrow states that his flames do not just burn meaning they do, so you say that Makarov was not burned by his flames too? Ignia’s flames are hax just like Zancrow’s flames which bypasses Natsu’s immunity. No he is not, he does not become a Devil slayer until he intentionally activates it, that is how it works. That comparison with Dragon Force is painfully contrived. No they most certainly have special abilities, that is why they are magical. And no his roar is mostly iron as it has always been, so stop saying that he can be hurt by flames that do not break down the laws of physics then, only flames that have shown to hurt him are hax base

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Wow, you are just in denial at this point that I cannot even at all. You say that Ignia actually fought against Zeref which is not even the case, and trying to compare Ignia’s and Natsu’s magic is just wrong on so many levels. Yes he was burned by flames of Zancrow, even Zancrow states that his flames do not just burn meaning they do, so you say that Makarov was not burned by his flames too? Ignia’s flames are hax just like Zancrow’s flames which bypasses Natsu’s immunity. No he is not, he does not become a Devil slayer until he intentionally activates it, that is how it works. That comparison with Dragon Force is painfully contrived. No they most certainly have special abilities, that is why they are magical. And no his roar is mostly iron as it has always been, so stop saying that he can be hurt by flames that do not break down the laws of physics then, only flames that have shown to hurt him are hax base
Where do I say Ignia actually fought against Zeref? I quoted the post you asked me to. Not a single sentence in there suggested that I claimed Ignia and Zeref fought. It's been several posts now, and you still refuse to step up and quote the exact line where I said Zeref and Ignia fought. Step up or own up.

Nobody is actually interested in comparing Ignia's magic and Natsu's magic except you. All that matters is that both are dragon slaying magic, and both are stronger than Zancrow's flames. Zancrow's flames didn't burn Natsu nearly as much as Ignia's flames did. Zancrow's flames didn't burn Makarov's hands that badly either. It's nothing compared to the burns that Natsu had on his arms after using Ignia's flames. Ignia's flames are simply stronger than Zancrow's flames. They are more hax and they are stronger in terms of raw power. They're just superior overall.

When did Gray intentionally activate his devil slaying mode when he fought against Ur, or in the rematch against Invel? I want to see the difference between Gray's devil slaying mode and non-devil slaying mode in those 2 fights. Go ahead. Show me. The swords may be magical (though in Pantherlily's case it's not confirmed), but it's not magic that cancels Gajeel's immunity to iron. The only reason Gajeel ate Rogue's shadows was because he needed a power-up. His iron couldn't cut it. If he could have beaten Rogue with just Iron, he wouldn't have needed a power-up in the first place. Natsu can be burned by Ignia's flames. Are you saying that Ignia's flames can break down the laws of physics like savage flames then? If not, then you don't need flames that can break down physics to burn Natsu. If yes, then Ignia's flames are comparable to savage flames. Either way, Zancrow's flames can't do this to Natsu's arms (or Makarov's arms), and so this proves that Ignia's dragon flames are better than Zancrow's god slaying flames.

Last edited:

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
You basically said that his flames are used on Zeref which is not the case, I cannot start to think why you would not just say you are wrong and just move on. I used your quote and you quoted my proof which is what shows how you wish to twist your own words. Hey, you are the one talking about hax based Magic’s which is what this discussion is about for God Slayer magic which I stated that god slayer magic still can burn Natsu. Ignia’s flames are likely better because they are gazed to burn basically anything, even other flames. This has never been about strength, only hax which is what I wonder why you are making the comparison for. And Natsu’s flames reached either near or at ludicrous temperatures to stop functioning on normal levels that they can effect time itself, and that is how physics works. Even if I wanted to, i cannot have access to images on the internet as I am on vacation and internet is limited. This is is just simply how it is for those who received transferred powers, they get a tattoo when they use magic from someone else, in Gray’s case it is more inconsistent for some reason (either Hiro forgot to draw it or just PIS) but the method is still the same. It has been confirmed that Lilly’s sword is a Lacrima, go to chapter 181, it is there. And he describes it as able to cutting iron, that is how his magic item works. Gajeel was having trouble with Rogue’s shadow intangibility which is common for him to interact with intangible enemies with the same property as theirs. Ignia’s flames are just based with being able to burn anything, Natsu is the only one to reach said temperatures that breaks down the laws of physics. Zancrow’s magic makes it that his flames are superior to other flames even dragon flames (until natsu needed a special method to overcome this limit)

I know this is new to you but there is a difference between achieving something through sheer heat alone and having as special effect which comes with the flames.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
You basically said that his flames are used on Zeref which is not the case, I cannot start to think why you would not just say you are wrong and just move on. I used your quote and you quoted my proof which is what shows how you wish to twist your own words. Hey, you are the one talking about hax based Magic’s which is what this discussion is about for God Slayer magic which I stated that god slayer magic still can burn Natsu. Ignia’s flames are likely better because they are gazed to burn basically anything, even other flames. This has never been about strength, only hax which is what I wonder why you are making the comparison for. And Natsu’s flames reached either near or at ludicrous temperatures to stop functioning on normal levels that they can effect time itself, and that is how physics works. Even if I wanted to, i cannot have access to images on the internet as I am on vacation and internet is limited. This is is just simply how it is for those who received transferred powers, they get a tattoo when they use magic from someone else, in Gray’s case it is more inconsistent for some reason (either Hiro forgot to draw it or just PIS) but the method is still the same. It has been confirmed that Lilly’s sword is a Lacrima, go to chapter 181, it is there. And he describes it as able to cutting iron, that is how his magic item works. Gajeel was having trouble with Rogue’s shadow intangibility which is common for him to interact with intangible enemies with the same property as theirs. Ignia’s flames are just based with being able to burn anything, Natsu is the only one to reach said temperatures that breaks down the laws of physics. Zancrow’s magic makes it that his flames are superior to other flames even dragon flames (until natsu needed a special method to overcome this limit)

I know this is new to you but there is a difference between achieving something through sheer heat alone and having as special effect which comes with the flames.
No I didn't. I said "Both Ignia's flames and the flames that Natsu used against Zeref are dragon slaying flames, and both are stronger than Zancrow's
god slaying flames." The only way you can extrapolate "Natsu fought Zeref with Ignia's flames" out of this sentencec is by being bad at English grammar. Read this sentence: "Both Mike's gun and the gun Tom used to shoot Jerry are rifles, and both are capable of shooting more rounds than a pistol". If you read that sentence, and came to the conclusion "Mike shot Jerry", you're bad at English. Likewise, if you came to the conclusion that "Natsu used Ignia's flames to fight Zeref" from my sentence... Well, there's no kind way to say it. That's a complete failure to read the sentence. This is basic grammar. If it makes it any easier to understand, simply replace "the flames Natsu used against Zeref" with "Flames of Savage Emotions", which is technically the exact same thing.

The point is whether or not god slaying flames are superior to dragon slaying flames. I said they weren't, and you argued that they are because Zancrow's flames can burn Natsu even though Natsu is immune to dragon flames. I simply pointed out how Ignia's flames burned Natsu worse than Zancrow's flames did. It doesn't matter if we're talking about hax or raw power. Ignia's flames has better hax and more raw heat than Zancrow's flames. It's better in every way.

Gray doesn't have to demonize or show his tattoos to use his devil slaying magic. "Hiro forgot to draw it" is not a very convincing argument. Nowhere in chapter 181 does it say that Pantherlily's sword was powered by Lacryma. Being able to cut iron isn't the same thing as being able reduce Gajeel's resistance to iron. It just means that Pantherlily's sword, being big and heavy, can cut iron. Gajeel was having problems with Rogue because Rogue got a power-up from his future self. Rogue could already go intangible in their previous fight, and it wasn't an issue. Gajeel needed more power to beat Rogue, and that's why he ate the shadows. He ended up using the iron shadows mode to beat on Rogue. And you know what? I've completely forgotten about the God Slayers. Wendy was able to cut Chelia with her sky magic before she healed it. Natsu straight up knocked out Zancrow with a mixture of Zancrow's own flames and his own. So once again, slayers are not completely immune to magic of the same element.

Last edited:

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
No you are using them in conjunction with each other saying that they are used onZeref on both occasions when only one was used, they are two different Magics, get over it. Zancrow’s flames can burn Natsu because at the point of Tenrou Island, God Flames are indeed superior to that of Dragons because they are haxed to have that ability to do so. And I do not care if Ignia’s flames are stronger, all that matters if he has the hax to burn Natsu which is does, nothing more nothing less. It is for consistency reason, and it is not the first time Hiro forgets to draw something when we know is there, like Lucy’s guild mark, patterns on Tartaros’ cube when it transforms, and another on I am having a hard time remembering. Point is mistakes happens when they conflict with consistency of the story. Then you are in more denial than you are coming on. It says right there in the official translation that it is a Lacrima when he is first fighting Gajeel. Yes it does, when Gajeel’s attribute is iron, it can be reduced when there is a weapon that cuts iron. You are wrong, get over it. No, his future self had nothing to do with the power up, just his shadow self which is just stands of shadow where Gajeel still used iron for most of his attacks. It is simply because Zancrow got a taste of his own medicine from god flames hax that are superior to his own, that is how he got defeated, not because dragon flames had anything to do with. And for the other god Slayers, that can be explained away too, Wendy uses enhancement magic two which can strengthen her attacks which is not purely wind magic and for Laxus va Orga, Laxus could very well have used the same method as Batsu to consume God Slayer lightning, or was using simple brute force which seemed to be his thing

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
No you are using them in conjunction with each other saying that they are used onZeref on both occasions when only one was used, they are two different Magics, get over it. Zancrow’s flames can burn Natsu because at the point of Tenrou Island, God Flames are indeed superior to that of Dragons because they are haxed to have that ability to do so. And I do not care if Ignia’s flames are stronger, all that matters if he has the hax to burn Natsu which is does, nothing more nothing less. It is for consistency reason, and it is not the first time Hiro forgets to draw something when we know is there, like Lucy’s guild mark, patterns on Tartaros’ cube when it transforms, and another on I am having a hard time remembering. Point is mistakes happens when they conflict with consistency of the story. Then you are in more denial than you are coming on. It says right there in the official translation that it is a Lacrima when he is first fighting Gajeel. Yes it does, when Gajeel’s attribute is iron, it can be reduced when there is a weapon that cuts iron. You are wrong, get over it. No, his future self had nothing to do with the power up, just his shadow self which is just stands of shadow where Gajeel still used iron for most of his attacks. It is simply because Zancrow got a taste of his own medicine from god flames hax that are superior to his own, that is how he got defeated, not because dragon flames had anything to do with. And for the other god Slayers, that can be explained away too, Wendy uses enhancement magic two which can strengthen her attacks which is not purely wind magic and for Laxus va Orga, Laxus could very well have used the same method as Batsu to consume God Slayer lightning, or was using simple brute force which seemed to be his thing
Dude. I literally went out of my way to give you an English lesson, and you're still arguing with. For the last time, I said "Both Ignia's flames and the flames Natsu used to fight Zeref are dragon slaying magic, and both are stronger than Zancrow's god slaying flames". Nowhere in this statement is it implied that "Natsu used Ignia's flames to fight Zeref". If you can't grasp the grammar, that's on you. Figure it out, and don't put words in my mouth.

Zancrow cannot burn Natsu. Or at least Natsu had no major burns from his fight with Zancrow and he wasn't burned when he tried to use Zancrow's power either. You said that Zancrow's flames can hurt Natsu, but dragon flames can't. Ignia's flames are dragon flames. Ignia's flames can hurt Natsu more than Zancrow's flames. Here's the difference:

Gray only being able to use Devil Slaying Magic with the tattoo was never a thing. Gray has used devil slaying magic without devil marks or tattoo twice, both in his major fights. Once when he used zero longsword against the Historia of Ur. A second time when he used Obliteration Fist against Invel. That's not a mistake. That's a pattern. Gray can use devil slaying magic without his tattoos or markings. This is canon.

There is nothing in the official translation saying that Pantherlily's sword has a lacryma in it in chapter 181. The only mentioning of lacryma is in reference to the Fairy Tail members who are turned into lacryma. Here's a link to the official translation. Read it, and tell me the page where it says Pantherlily's sword is made out of lacryma: https://mangarock.com/manga/mrs-serie-69934/chapter/mrs-chapter-70120.

Just because Pantherlily says his sword can cut iron doesn't mean there is a special enchantment on the sword that negates Gajeel's immunity to iron. You know who else can cut iron? Erza. With her regular swords. She can cut through armours and iron towers. Does that mean Erza has a special enchantment that negates Gajeel's immunity to iron now?

Hold on. It sounds like you're saying Zancrow's resistance to God Slaying flames is less than Natsu's resistance. Zancrow was defeated by an attack that mixed god slaying flames with dragon slaying flames. If you're saying that the dragon slaying flames did no damage to Zancrow, then Zancrow would have only been hurt by half the attack. Well, all the power from that attack came from the flames that Natsu ate. Natsu survived those flames without getting KO'd. So what gives?

Wendy's enchanments are part of her sky magic, and all they do is increase the power of her attacks. They don't change her element, so her attack is still very much sky magic. The attack she used to cut Chelia was very specifically Sky Dragon's Claws, and the exact thing that cut Chelia was the wind from that attack. So yes, Chelia absolutely got hurt by Wendy's sky magic.

Laxus never ate Orga's lightning. He's not using godslaying lightning. He is very clearly using dragon slaying lightning in every panel he was in.

Last edited:

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Maybe you should go take another English lesson because you are saying that ignia’s Flames have been used against Zeref when you included them with Natsu’s as they are different individuals. Yes Zancrow can as he demonstrated as he overcame Natsu’s immunity defenses. Yes it was, or at least when he exhibits some sort of change to his physique. I literally cannot help you without inability to read when evidence is presented before you especially with Lily literally stating that his weapon can cut through iron which is the ability of his sword and that it can change sizes as he stated in Tenrou as he got a new weapon. like how any normal weapon cannot harm Gajeel. Pantherlily is comparing Magics with Gajeel. It bypasses his immunity, so it is considered reducing his armor to résistent as it is how gajeel is making it sound like. No, Natsu’s flames during Tenrou are weaker compared to Zancrow’s flames as Hod flames surpasses dragon flames via hax. After their battle, Natsu’s flames can reach ludicrous temperatures to surpass his own immunity, which is only done when it is temperatures that breaks down the laws of physics. Irene does not have sky magic yet she can use enchantments as well, so they are different, it is just something that so happens to come along with any magic, it does not have any wind attributes so it does work on Chelia because it is hax. Even if what you say is somewhat correct which I am doubting at this point, that is a massive PIS on Hiro’s part as that is not how slayer magic works. Besides we have been absent of most of the fight, and we can clearly see that Dragon Slayers do not retain the god elements which appears to vanish almost instantly after. So those wounds are from before and speaks as to how strong Orga is to withstand his own immunity negating lightning.

Last edited:

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Maybe you should go take another English lesson because you are saying that ignia’s Flames have been used against Zeref when you included them with Natsu’s as they are different individuals.
Read this sentence again: "Both Ignia's flames and the flames that Natsu used against Zeref are dragon slaying flames". There's nothing in this sentence structure that implies I am saying Natsu used Ignia's flames to fight Zeref. If you think there is, then you simply have bad grammar. There's no debate to be had here. You can either read the sentence properly or you can't.

Yes Zancrow can as he demonstrated as he overcame Natsu’s immunity defenses.
Overcame what? Zancrow never burned Natsu anywhere near as bad as Ignia's flames did. Natsu was barely burnt. Scratched up due to the hits he took, maybe. Burnt? No.

Yes it was, or at least when he exhibits some sort of change to his physique.
There was zero changes to Gray's physique when he used devil slaying magic against Ur and Invel.

I literally cannot help you without inability to read when evidence is presented before you especially with Lily literally stating that his weapon can cut through iron which is the ability of his sword, like how any normal weapon cannot harm him. Pantherlily is comparing Magics with Gajeel. It bypasses his immunity, so it is considered reducing his armor to résistent as it is how gajeel is making it sound like.
Pantherlily never said that his sword was powered by a lacrima in chapter 181, and we both know it. Pantherlily just says his sword can cut iron and was surprised that Gajeel wasn't cut. Gajeel replied that his dragon scales are tougher than real iron. Then Pantherlily hit Gajeel harder, and Gajeel got cut. Being able to cut iron isn't actually that special. It doesn't prove that you have any magic. I can cut iron fence if you gave me an axe. There is still nothing to indicate that there is something special about Pantherlily's sword that can negate Gajeel's resistant to iron. Gajeel is resistant to iron even when he doesn't cover himself in iron scales for defense. Even if Gajeel was naked with bare skin, Gajeel should still be resistant to iron. The fact that Pantherlily's sword can cut iron doesn't change the fact that the sword itself is also just a large chunk of iron, and Gajeel should therefore be resistant to it.

Irene does not have sky magic yet she can use enchantments as well, so they are different, it is just something that so happens to come along with any magic, it does not have any wind attributes so it does work on Chelia because it is hax.
All dragon slaying magic are enchantments. They enchant a dragon's power into themselves. Wendy's dragon slaying magic is part of her sky magic. Specifically, Arms and Venier are part of Wendy's sky magic and that is exact thing Wendy used to enchant herself. The attack that Wendy used to attack Chelia was a sky dragon slayer spell, and what actually caused the cut on Chelia's arm was the wind from that attack.

Even if what you say is somewhat correct which I am doubting at this point, that is a massive PIS on Hiro’s part as that is not how slayer magic works.
How slayer magic works is determined by what Hiro Mashima draws. Not by what you think it should be. There is simply several instances in the manga where slayers have been hurt by attacks from their own elements. This implies they have a high degree of resistance against their own elements, not absolute immunity. If I threw Natsu into the sun, do you think Natsu would still be immune to getting burned? I think not.

Besides we have been absent of most of the fight, and we can clearly see that Dragon Slayers do not retain the god elements which appears to vanish almost instantly after. So those wounds are from before.
Laxus never ate Orga's lightning. If he did, he would have to empty out all of his reserves. That would mean all the power he had when he fought Jura came from Orga, which is just silly. Laxus never showed a single god slayer attack. He was only shown using his regular lightning.

Last edited:

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Tet you did, There you go again, saying that Ignia fought against Zeref when his flames were never mentioned before 100 year quest manga, stop using something that isn’t valid as a reference since it is not. Yes he did because we have seen him get scorched by Zancrow’s fire, Natsu was fine before Tenrou, but during, he was in truly burning pain. He did not fight a blade user, There was no scratches, he was burned plan and simple.
Yes there were as his hair takes the style of when he uses Devil Slayer magic against Invel, and it is vague but you can see markings on his arm when he used is sword when he fought against Ur. And You stop pretending, Panther’s sword’s ability is to cut through even iron which is surprised by his magic, not Gajeel. There is a difference. And when he swing harder his blade broke, that only shows the difference in their magic. You can’t if said pole was made of neutron star density. It only knocked him out when his attack had God Slayer flames which is how he accomplished it, not because of power alone. So that means Wendy has all sorts of elements because it comes from all Dragon Slayer magic, and since she can effect Irene who just uses enchantment in general, that makes sense as well. It is wind enchanted by enhancement magic which is is different which lets Wendy bypass Chelia’s defenses. Like how Goat man bypass Gajeel’s defenses with script magic despite him using a metal blade. And Hiro describes them as being immune to their respective elements unless they are haxed, Natsu empties out his reserves and he still uses Fire dragon slayer magic, you get me? He just needs magic power from another source to use magic. And he was not beaten and bartered like Natsu was. He can simply eat God Lightning after doing that which can replenish his magic

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I am not saying that Ignia fought Zeref. You simply can't read.

Dragon Slaying flames are superior to god slaying flames. The only time god slaying flames were superior to dragon slaying flames was during Tenrou Island, and that was when Natsu was still weak. Ignia's flames and Flames of Savage Emotions are both dragon slaying flames, and both are superior to Zancrow's god slaying flames.

Slayers do not have absolute immunity to their elements. They have a high degree of resistance, but that resistance can fail if an attack is too powerful. Gray is a slayer and can use slayer magic without his tattoo. I have proven this twice. Gray was hurt by Invel and Ur's ice. Chelia is a slayer and Wendy was able to hurt her with a sky dragon slayer attack. Orga was a slayer, and Laxus was able to hurt him without eating any of Orga's lightning. Natsu is a slayer and he burns himself when he uses flames that are too powerful.

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I can read just fine, you are just simply using Ignia as a reference when he had nothing to do with Zeref. God Slayer flames are superior to Dragon flames, it is just a matter of hax that can overcome said God Flames. Obviously Natsu got stronger and achieved a type of reality warping with his savage flames with intense heat. Their immunity does come from their being unable to be harmed by their respective elements, that does not mean they are immune to haxs that comes from said special elements, like cold flames, smelly flames, god flames, warping reality etc. No, he cannot, or at least when he has some form of change that lets him use Ice Devil Slayer magic, you have proven nothing. He was hurt because he did not have IDS magic on at the time, but with Invel he had ice that can overcome his Immunity. Chelia was hurt by an attack infused with enchantment which can overcome said immunity. You cannot prove that he can hurt him without eating his lightning which Laxus logically can do when he did. It is only flames that literally breaks down the laws of physics, something no earthly flame can achieve

Kurumi Tokisaki

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
Obviously Natsu got stronger and achieved a type of reality warping with his savage flames with intense heat.
Natsu is not reality warper. I suggest you stop making up nonsense feats for natsu which not even Mashima has given him.

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
He has when he used his savage flames, because at such ludicrous temperatures breaks down the laws of physics, that includes the effects of time

Last edited: