Shounen Lock-on! by TSUCHIDA Kenta

Jaymie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
877
Reaction score
352
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I'm still not impressed with it, but I'll give it ~50 chapters before I drop it. I don't want to make the same mistake I made with Reborn!, where I hated it from the start and ended up loving it after it switched genre.
 

Bowser

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
118
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Either I haven't really been reading this properly...I find it ok, and at least wanting to find out what will happen but what is the actual plot...? Make a photography club, and take as many piccys as you can? Really?
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
The manga is still building up,so i guess we will see some real plot soon,now that they have enough members for the photography-club.
 

Steffan

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2009
Messages
95
Reaction score
24
Gender
Male
Country
Denmark
Sanada has been acting really stupid the last 3 chapters.
Gahhh...

Chapter 1 was decent, chapter 8 was actually good but now it's just plain awful.

And this stuff is ranking higher than Bakuman? Higher than Yotsuya?!
What the hell.
 

Ilcm26

Intl Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 10, 2009
Messages
204
Reaction score
7
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I find Lock On a fun read but until now its really plain in my opinion, I wouldnt mind it getting cancelled....

But I still can't believe its doing better that FREAKING YOTSUYA!!! What's wrong with Jump readers T-T
 

Wrath

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
307
Reaction score
26
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Frankly while I think the mangaka has some talent, it amazes me that this series got serialised. Serialisation is based on names for fewer chapters than have been published and the story still hasn't gone anywhere.
 

unok-kun

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2008
Messages
769
Reaction score
434
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Frankly while I think the mangaka has some talent, it amazes me that this series got serialised. Serialisation is based on names for fewer chapters than have been published and the story still hasn't gone anywhere.
I thought the decision whether to serialize or not was only based on the one-shot...
 

Wrath

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
307
Reaction score
26
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I thought the decision whether to serialize or not was only based on the one-shot...
Well, according to Bakuman - and we have no reason to doubt that it's accurate, given the nature of Bakuman as an exploration of the manga world - one-shots are used to gauge potential popularity, but in order for a manga to be serialised names of the first three chapters need to be submitted, to give an idea of how it's going to progress.
 

Bowser

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
118
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm an introduction of a new rival...well, I guess that was kinda timely in a way as we were all complaining the lack of a plot...
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
The art was really nice in this chapter and it was a really nice read,seems as if the author were to improve.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Now they have all of the members, a superviser, and their room. Now, I hope something interesting to happen on next chapter.
 

Akiyama

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
3,256
Reaction score
5,752
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
So here's volume 1 out June 4th, it's pretty good considering Lock On's art design. I like the red background.
 

sir_arles

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2008
Messages
481
Reaction score
271
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Sorry but i don't like it =P
The faces look kinda odd to me, heh
 

Bowser

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
118
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
The LOCKON bit would be the one bit that caught my attention.
 

Hio

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 14, 2010
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
The new Lock On chapter was great, it was very funny. I like how the tough Yamamoto becomes a softy when he's with Yuki
 

sir_arles

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2008
Messages
481
Reaction score
271
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I don't get where this series is going :S
I mean, the chapters are readable but I'm waiting for something to happen that really gets my attention.
 

Jaymie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
877
Reaction score
352
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
There's something so weird about reading this manga. I get deja vu with every chapter, mostly because every character, interaction, and plotline has been done to death. It's like reading a collage of every romance manga ever published in Jump. Very freaky.
 

Jinoh

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2007
Messages
365
Reaction score
249
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
I hope this gets axed soon. Doesn't deserve to be in Jump.
 

sir_arles

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2008
Messages
481
Reaction score
271
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Chapter #16 was really good. If somehow It can keep up this level of tension and rhythm, I think there might be a tiny ray of hope for this manga.


Issue 30 Bottom 5:
Inumaru
Gintama
Psyren
Yotsuya
Lock On (out)

Issue 31:
Lead CP: SWOT (New Series) by Sugita Naoya (author of Zan)
CP: Nurarihyon

Issue 32:
Lead CP: Oumagadoki Doubutsuen (New Series) by Horikoshi Kouhei
Well, Lock On!'s next chapter will be the last one. We all saw this coming, heh
Anyways, i guess we won't miss this manga very much =P
 
Last edited:
Top