Voting Round 2 - Lord of Nightmares vs. Homura Akemi | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 2 Lord of Nightmares vs. Homura Akemi

Who wins?

• Lord of Nightmares

• Homura Akemi

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina

Battle Phase
  • You are allowed to vote for one champion.
  • After 3 days, the champion with the most votes will proceed into the next round.
  • In case of a tie, a staff pick will break it.
  • There will be no additional restrictions. A character will have access to all of his/her abilities according to the lore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
I have an exam tomorrow so i won't be able to campaign till I'm over with it but here this while we waiting
Homura normal fighting style with guns if you can negate her time stop that is...

And never forget Akuma Homura will be watching all your moves

You couldn't want to anger her now, could you... Or you're certainly pay the price
Kyubey certainly did...

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
My girl Homura holds the entire universe in the palm of her hand and dictates its rules. You would need a whole lot of "something else" to beat her. Curious to see what else LoN can do since i heard she is op af on a universal scale

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Whether or not Lord of Nightmares is omnipotent or not(as she lacks a profile in VS Battle wiki and novel reader may clarify it) but what from I can see here she is beyond infinite multiverses and completely out of Homura's league.

Sorry Asako I have to vote for Lord of the Nightmares here.

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Homura is a magical girl, so my intuition tells me I must vote for her. However, to give this lord a chance, I feel like I need to do a little research on its' powers. Got to make this a fair fight after all.

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
My girl Homura holds the entire universe in the palm of her hand and dictates its rules. You would need a whole lot of "something else" to beat her. Curious to see what else LoN can do since i heard she is op af on a universal scale

Yep after reading about both, I would say Akuma Homura would be a good match for LoN. This mainly because, at a few glances, LoN cannot use all its powers when manifesting in a plain of its own Universe.

Only Akuma Homura tho, Akemi would bite the dust easily.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Whether or not Lord of Nightmares is omnipotent or not(as she lacks a profile in VS Battle wiki and novel reader may clarify it) but what from I can see here she is beyond infinite multiverses and completely out of Homura's league.

Sorry Asako I have to vote for Lord of the Nightmares here.
You need to stop looking at the VS wiki man, many of these characters have a lot of small print to them.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Yep after reading about both, I would say Akuma Homura would be a good match for LoN. This mainly because, at a few glances, LoN cannot use all its powers when manifesting in a plain of its own Universe.

Only Akuma Homura tho, Akemi would bite the dust easily.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

You need to stop looking at the VS wiki man, many of these characters have a lot of small print to them.
Dude Lord of Nightmares doesn't even have a profile in Vs battle wiki so it doesn't matter.

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Dude Lord of Nightmares doesn't even have a profile in Vs battle wiki so it doesn't matter.
VsBattle wiki, Omniversal Battle wiki, All fiction Battle wiki... they are all the same stuff.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Oh poor foolish arjuna
Whatever she omniversal or not doesn't matter
Homura already made a god fall form it's grace, an other one won't be a problem
After all, she literally rewrote the universe and use kyubey as a container for all the world despair.... Never underestimate the power of love

Plus L sama need a Vessel to manifest, and not like she can manifest in the world fully
Homura can just make that same vessel bare the world despair.... That be bad right :D

Last edited:

kira

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
voted Homura 🥴

this LordOfNoobs beating Akaza was clearly a fluke :hmph :hmph :hmph

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Well if I don't know a single thing about a character myself then I need to see a wiki to get at least an outline, :hmph

In fact if I go by comic vine posts she is considered omnipotent by many users

Yeah in that same discussion her "omnipotence" is debunked for how she couldn't eliminate Lords from the "universes" she oversees... Those lords are arguably below Homura too.
Also as Asako said, LoN seems unable to manifest anywhere at any point ("Omnipresence" my ass lmao). It is the Sea of Chaos but its power has to be summoned by a vessel.

Im not saying not to search for references, just dont believe the first thing the fanboys spout in those wikis and debates.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
@Lambu

I normally use those wiki for those which i am not aware at all,not for those i know.

But any rate let Vados defend Lord of the Nightmares.

But Vados is banned it seems.

Last edited:

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
LoN patron got banned? :o
Well thats unfortunate, right before the battle ....

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
That's how powerful homura is, she managed to ban the defender of LoN right at the start of the battle :lambirb

I told you, she can rewrite the universe, and in this one vados doesn't exist to defend LoN

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
England
Hmmm... I don't have to think about this one. I mean even these fanarts alone speaks for itself:

Also having tea with an upper being like Bern herself is already quite the honor for Homura.
+ Satoko and Homura are besties btw. The decision has already been made before the battle started.

Case closed.

Claymore1

Reaction score
Country
United States
The Lord of Nightmares is an omnipotent God. She is essentially primordial chaos and nothingness. Nothing can harm her or injure her. Unlike Homura, she was never human. She may posses a human vessel (in this case Lina), but she would never have the weaknesses of a human (She has no known weaknesses). And that includes the mental weaknesses of Homura. Homura basically went insane and became a dark god. But that doesn't mean anything against primordial darkness; darkness and chaos that existed before anything else (or didn't exist, depending on how you look at it). The Lord of Nightmares can annihilate anything because her power is to basically use primordial nothingness to destroy whatever exists. She makes things stop existing. That is her power, to return everything to nothingness. The entire universe completely destroyed without a single thing left. Matter, energy, and even time would be reduced to nothing.

In Slayers the two spells that use her power are the strongest in the universe. The Giga slave destroys everything, and also has the chance to summon the Lord of Nightmares. The Ragna blade is sword spell made from her power (not as strong as the Giga slave) that can even cut through other dimensions.

It seems that most of the others are not familiar with the Lord of Nightmares or her omnipotent power. I have seen both shows and Homura is nothing more than a usurper god. She is not the real thing at all. And her time control abilities would be meaningless because the Lord of Nightmares would annihilate time itself.

And for those who are saying the Lord of Nightmares needs to be summoned, that's basically what this contest is right? If both entities were face to face with each other? At full power and full ability, 1v1.

Last edited:

bugen

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
There is not much to say.

Lord of Nigthmares is the greatest divinity in Slayers.

The spell "super spell" of her if he is summoned well can destroy any enemy, if the invocation fails it destroys the planet completely.

There you can get an idea of the power of this divinity.

In this video is when Reena invokes the spell "super spell" to kill a superior demon "Phibrizo".

This demon has almost infinite power (according to the Slayers anime) and can go between dimensions, with superior and immortal regenerative power.

Reena invokes the spell, but the spell fails and instead of destroying the world, Lord of Nigthmares makes a deal with her to give him her body on a whim.

There begins the video where it is the only time this divinity comes out to kill the superior demon Phibrizo.

This video is in its original language Japanese.

The names are not well written, but it is understood, I have not seen the Slayers anime in a long time.

And in my country the dubbing is incredibly "special" which by the way I love it.

Last edited:

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
I agree with the argument that without vessel Lord of Nightmares can't appear so she will lose the match don't hold here really.If she can't appear neither can Homura defeat her nor can Lord of Nightmares defeat Homura.The match will remain in a continuous tie.So better to consider their strongest versions fighting and picking the winner.

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I really fail to understand how Lord of Nightmares is omnipotent if it cannot eliminate an inferior "God" in its own Universe.
Being able to destroy anything is damn powerful but that is not omnipotence. That term means to be able to do anything, something LoN clearly doesnt have.

Im not saying Homura wins, I would say they are on a rather similar scale. What Im saying is that the omnipotence card doesnt hold itself since its proven wrong by the narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.