Fantasy - Lucy Vs Juvia | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fantasy Lucy Vs Juvia

lakhan220

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
India
LUCY will beat JUVIA ...no problem...:super..HIGH - diff.

Seeing TARTAROS arc, yeah , JUVIA did beat one of the demons......But at the same time , LUCY held back 3 demons , defeated JACKAL & also provided magic so as for summoning CSK to exist in that plane in order to fight MARDGEER & break ALEGRIA.

LUCY has 10 spirits whose star dress we have already seen..And 2 spells....She has more magic than JUVIA.....(Only the person with great magic can summon 3 spirits).....She can use GEMINI to copy JUVIA.....

Even if someone says her magic is lower than JUVIA , she has versatility , speed , feat & a spell which can harm JUVIA via star dresses we have seen....That will not even be used.....

JUVIA's attacks........

1) WATER SLICER :- can be countered by her current AQUA METRIA spell ....(Leave aside counter , she will be stomped).
2) WATER NEBULA :- Ignoring AQUARIUS , we still have SCORPIO, who can render her spell useless by making water heavier with sand.......

We even have all the star dresses.......She would not even have to use any of them.........
There is even no need for summoning CSK...... :hmph:hmph

Juvia takes this, Lucy honestly has no feasible way of injuring Juvia's water body so Juvia takes this
Are u seriously saying this ? :-_-:-_-

SCORPIO can fill that water body with sand particles.....LEO's regulus impact harms even souls.....As far as we remember , back in TARTAROS arc , JUVIA was being harmed by the demon who had sorcery power and who controlled dead souls....His attacks were also based on such curse , correct ?

How can that water body stop the attacks based on souls ? Nope even besides soul , she can stop that water with ARIES wool (sucking water) , SCORPIO's sand and even CAPRICON's CQC.........and her spell URANO METORIA....it can harm anything with soul...CELESTIAL spell

And her BLOOD - WATER make is a healing magic..That will not harm LUCY in any way.....

LUCY wins at high-diff......Currently , JUVIA has been reduced to nothing more than a character necessary for GRAY's development

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
As of the current chapter, it's pretty much Lucy no diffs Juvia.

Lucy and Scorpio could easily shoot a beam of sand at Juvia and all of Juvia's water and moisture in her body would be easily sucked out.

In other words, Juvia would instantly shrivel up, croak, and die. (It's super-effective)

Just like how lightning should be super effective to Wahl, sand is very super-effective to water.

Water body in this case would actually make it worse.

The sand doesn't need to hit her and deal damage.

It can simply surround her and dry her whole body up.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I think the current power ranking for females on Ishgar's side is:

Erza
Mirajane
Lucy/Kagura
Minerva
Wendy/Chelia
Juvia/Levy

To be honest, I'm tempted to say Lucy can rival Mirajane based on what she can do with Aquarius' star dress in terms of AoE. If Lucy manages to put up a decent fight against Dimaria's Chronus takeover, I would even put her on Erza's level.

As of the current chapter, it's pretty much Lucy no diffs Juvia.

Lucy and Scorpio could easily shoot a beam of sand at Juvia and all of Juvia's water and moisture in her body would be easily sucked out.

In other words, Juvia would instantly shrivel up, croak, and die. (It's super-effective)

Just like how lightning should be super effective to Wahl, sand is very super-effective to water.

Water body in this case would actually make it worse.

The sand doesn't need to hit her and deal damage.

It can simply surround her and dry her whole body up.
Absorbing moisture is a property of Ajeel's sand magic. We haven't seen Lucy employ this ability.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Mira(leaning toward Mira bcs hax)/Erza
Lucy
Wendy
Kagura/Minerva
Juvia

Lucy is above Kagura/Minerva tier so is Wendy. At best those two are mid 9D tier while as seen Lucy and Wendy surpassed that tier.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Absorbing moisture is a property of Ajeel's sand magic. We haven't seen Lucy employ this ability.
It's not even an ability, it is basic knowledge about the element's properties.

Sand does absorb water and moisture, that I assure you.

As far as I'm concerned, all of Juvia's water attacks are useless because Lucy can absorb it all with Scorpio's sand.

Open another gate (Loke for example) and the win is as good as Lucy's.

Juvia's defeat is inevitable either way at no diff, no matter how you look at it.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
In terms of sand magic, Ajeel has 2 types. His normal sand (for the lack of a better term) doesn't rapidly withdraw moisture. His other type, desiccant sand, does rapidly withdraw moisture.

The main word there is 'rapidly'. Even if we acknowledge that water will sorb to sand particles naturally, the desiccant sand is the only one that's shown to be very effective at taking up moisture. And Ajeel is the only one who has that sand as far as we know.

Water also hardens sand in the FT verse. Juvia's water should actually be seen as a method to combat sand, rather than water being weak to sand. Basically she 'cements' sand, if I'm understanding it correctly.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Scorpio's sand buster is mixture of sand and wind, so naturally, the water would be blown in the opposite direction right back towards Juvia. That would be considered the first line of defense.

The second line of defense would be the sand absorption, but even if we don't consider that...

Juvia's not having any chance (maybe even zero chance) against 3 opponents.

Over the recent arc timeskip, Lucy has shown to excel at hand-to-hand combat (despite the humor in between).

Because of Lucy's excellent skill as a CM, she is capable of summoning more than 1 spirit.

That ultimately comes down to a 3v1.

Hypothetical situation would be: Lucy, Loke, and Scorpio vs. Juvia.

As we know, Juvia has shown many times in the past to have poor performance against multiple opponents at once. She loses focus too fast.

Juvia is doomed if she ever came head-to-head with Lucy currently.

20 chapters ago or so, I had doubts about Lucy's hand-to-hand combat and Celestial abilities, but she has proven herself time and time again... over and over.

And who am I to be in denial?

It's clear Lucy has earned the title and respect she deserves, and I am pretty much obligated to give it to her.

Is she Spriggan level? No, not yet.

Is she past Juvia's caliber? I don't think Lucy could be anything else but just that.

Just compare Lucy's and Juvia's performance after the recent timeskip, it blatantly obvious and clear.

As fans, just accept the facts.

Last edited:

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Scorpio's sand buster is mixture of sand and wind, so naturally, the water would be blown in the opposite direction right back towards Juvia. That would be considered the first line of defense.
It's sand magic, not sand and wind magic. Sand magic just allows the user to direct or manipulate the sand in a certain way.

FT doesn't get too technical. Wind magic can blow away sand magic, water magic can harden sand magic. Invel made a blizzard which IRL needs strong winds... but he doesn't have wind magic.

Scorpio's sand buster can beat out and of Juvia's attacks provided it's powerful enough. But it won't blow Juvia's water back because of wind.

I generally agree with you that Lucy > Juvia for you post though, just disagree on the sand beating water bit.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
It's not even an ability, it is basic knowledge about the element's properties.

Sand does absorb water and moisture, that I assure you.

As far as I'm concerned, all of Juvia's water attacks are useless because Lucy can absorb it all with Scorpio's sand.
It's a special property of Ajeel's sand magic. That doesn't mean it's a property of all sand magic.
Max has sand magic as well. He's never been shown to absorb the moisture out of anyone.

Real sand doesn't dry stuff out like Ajeel's can. Real sand is simply tiny rock particles. If you mixed equal volumes of sand and water, chances are you just get muddy wet sand. The sand won't magically absorb all the water. Ajeel's sand does... because it is magic.

Last edited:

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's sand magic, not sand and wind magic. Sand magic just allows the user to direct or manipulate the sand in a certain way.

FT doesn't get too technical. Wind magic can blow away sand magic, water magic can harden sand magic. Invel made a blizzard which IRL needs strong winds... but he doesn't have wind magic.

Scorpio's sand buster can beat out and of Juvia's attacks provided it's powerful enough. But it won't blow Juvia's water back because of wind.

I generally agree with you that Lucy > Juvia for you post though, just disagree on the sand beating water bit.

Technically, Scorpio doesn't even wield Sand Magic. He is a Celestial Spirit, so he just attacks with sand.

But, if you pay attention to Scorpio, he utilizes a powerful weapon that shoots strong beams of sand.

In the manga, it's depicted by the spirals around the sand.

Obviously, his sand buster relies on a powerful force (I'm just calling it wind) propelling it forwards.

Whatever it is, it is some sort of high-built pressure that makes sand buster the way it is.

And I still think that the sand can absorb water and moisture.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
It's a special property of Ajeel's sand magic. That doesn't mean it's a property of all sand magic.
Max has sand magic as well. He's never been shown to absorb the moisture out of anyone.

Real sand doesn't dry stuff out like Ajeel's can. Real sand is simply tiny rock particles. If you mixed equal volumes of sand and water, chances are you just get muddy wet sand. The sand won't magically absorb all the water. Ajeel's sand does... because it is magic.

Real sand does absorb water if you have large amounts of it. Whether it gets muddy or not is irrelevant.

The fact is that it absorbs water and gets the job done.

Max has never fought a water-type wizard, so of course he's never shown to absorb moisture. But based off the property of sand and water, he should be able to perform that feat.

It's really no different than metal conducting electricity/lightning and water blowing out fire.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Real sand does absorb water if you have large amounts of it. Whether it gets muddy or not is irrelevant.

The fact is that it absorbs water and gets the job done.

Max has never fought a water-type wizard, so of course he's never shown to absorb moisture. But based off the property of sand and water, he should be able to perform that feat.

It's really no different than metal conducting electricity/lightning and water blowing out fire.
Real life sand doesn't suck moisture out of someone's body like what Ajeel did to Erza when he grabbed her. Nor can it instantly dry out ice like what Ajeel did to Gray. These are all effects of Ajeel's sand magic. We've never seen any other sand magic use these abilities. It's not like Ajeel himself can instantly dry anything out either. It took a long time for him to dehydrate Erza, and Erza's sea god sword didn't get dried out by Ajeel's sands. It shouldn't be easier for Lucy to dry out Juvia than it is for Ajeel to dry out Erza's sword, and this is assuming Lucy can even use sand that can dry stuff out.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Real life sand doesn't suck moisture out of someone's body like what Ajeel did to Erza when he grabbed her. Nor can it instantly dry out ice like what Ajeel did to Gray. These are all effects of Ajeel's sand magic. We've never seen any other sand magic use these abilities.

Also, it's not like Ajeel himself can instantly dry out all water. It takes a long time for him to dehydrate Erza, and Erza's sea god sword didn't get dried out by Ajeel's sands. I just don't see how Lucy would be able to suck Juvia dry with sand buster. We've never seen her use that ability in that fashion.

It's true that sand (even real life sand) doesn't suck moisture out of someone's body, but that's because of our skin and tissues (of course).

Juvia turning into water body is pure water, so the sand will definitely affect her there.

Even so, since Juvia is primarily made of water magic, the sand should be able to hinder her performance by a large margin.

I don't see any reason for the sand to be unable to absorb water and moisture from Juvia's body though.

Her body is small and the amount of sand that Scorpio produces is large.

Overall, water is just ineffective against sand. Sand naturally absorbs water, so it's kind of like hitting a weakness.

TheCaptain

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Juvia would win
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Juvia could counter anything Lycy would use.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
In my opinion, the ending of the manga just makes it more unlikely that Juvia would win. If anything, the gap between Lucy and Juvia widened, favoring Lucy.

As far as I'm aware, Juvia doesn't have any finishing attacks that would permanently put Lucy down. On the other hand, Urano Metria is a nuke in itself, with a wide range AoE.

Lucy is capable of summoning multiple spirits at once, putting the odds severely against Juvia.

Even if I were to assume that Lucy and Juvia possess similar levels of magic power (which I highly doubt), fighting an outnumbered match significantly hinders Juvia's chances at emerging victorious.

Spirits like Loke, Scorpio, and Virgo would be difficult for Juvia to beat.

Lucy's performance against a casual Brandish outclasses most of Juvia's fights throughout the arc, in my opinion.

Cosmicstar

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't know where people got the idea that Juvia was faster than Lucy but even in the TOH arc she wasn't faster than Lucy.

Nor was Juvia ever physically stronger.

Current Lucy stomps Juvia. While I think Juvia is strong people have always overestimated her power.

TheCaptain

Reaction score
Country
United States
Juvia could easily cut steel at the beginning of the manga with a water slicer. Imagine what she can do now. And seriously I think people aren't giving Juvia enough credit. And i think that Juvia is physically stronger than Lucy. And Juvia has that Serria move when she basically becomes a water missle. It's like come on, stop denying Juvia's feats.

Last edited:

Star Frost

Reaction score
Country
United States
Juvia could easily cut steel at the beginning of the manga with a water slicer. Imagine what she can do now. And seriously I think people aren't giving Juvia enough credit. And i think that Juvia is physically stronger than Lucy. And Juvia has that Serria move when she basically becomes a water missle. It's like come on, stop denying Juvia's feats.
Nobody is denying her feats. Some of us just don't think she's not stronger than Lucy is. And it does appear that you're overrating/hyping her a bit.

TheCaptain

Reaction score
Country
United States
Some people are. And i just stating facts. And it sounds like people are overhyping Lucy. I don't think this argument is gonna go anywhere.