Fantasy - Lucy Vs Juvia | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fantasy Lucy Vs Juvia

Rigel

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
No restrictions .
They are as strong as in the current arcs.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Lucy, medium difficulty.

I'll avoid talking about 501 until tomorrow, but the main point is that Juvia hasn't really shown to have any major improvement over the time-skip. I wouldn't really even put Juvia above Wendy's level to be honest. During the Grand Magic Games, Juvia was on her knees for a while after fighting Chelia (Lyon was purposely not attacking Juvia). Wendy did much better, standing her ground for a full 30 minutes, and Wendy has gotten dragon force since then. Lucy's improvement has been even more significant than Wendy's, given the type of feats she's showing so far.

Last edited:

Kantos

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
All of Lucy's feats have been against a character that was obviously holding back on her.

Juvia high diff.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I'll probably just come back in ~6hrs...

But Juvia... Idk. Her fight against Keith wasn't special. She didn't really fight Gray, though she endured a few blows.

I've generally considered Juvia to be one of the weaker members. Below Lucy/Cana, and likely around base-Wendy level (maybe less).

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Lucy mid-high diff depending on Juvia going on all out, I think Juvia is physically stronger than Lucy but overall Lucy takes her with the mental side of the battle, beats her

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
I agree with most of you, Lucy should win this.
Juvia is nothing special really. After chap501 we can clearly agree that Lucy has improved tremendously and should beat Juvia, who isn't top tier or even mid tier.
The only possible way for Juvia to push Lucy to high diff is via strong emotions (Gray-sama). Therefore i would say it is a Mid-High diff for Lucy, depending on Juvia's feelings.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Without restrictions? If CSK is not restricted, I don't see how Juvia would even be able to survive this battle...

So I'm going to go with the assumption that Lucy cannot summon the Celestial Spirit King...
  • Lucy Heartfilia > Juvia Lockser [High-Extreme Difficulty]
I don't see Lucy being able to defeat Juvia that easily. Sure, Lucy pulled ahead but not by much considering they were equals beforehand. The only reason why Lucy wins is because of the diversity in her attacks. Juvia is unable to match her because she hasn't shown any notable finisher moves. Here is how I see their stats in comparison...
  • Attack: Lucy ≥ Juvia
  • Defense: Lucy < Juvia
  • Speed: Lucy < Juvia
  • Versatility: Lucy > Juvia
  • Intelligence: Lucy > Juvia
  • MP: Lucy > Juvia

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I'll probably just come back in ~6hrs...
Lucy with medium to high difficulty. Medium if Juvia really isn't that strong (she's not impressed me), high if she's got a lot more to show and we've just not seen it. I actually think somewhere in between med-high seems about right.

Coné

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Juvia extreme diff. Apparently Juvia never injured Gray and that's not a considerable feat.

Star Frost

Reaction score
Country
United States
Based on Chapter 501, Lucy got this in probably a mid diff.

Damage DeS Gray, and has blood/water make possibile abilities.
More like the other way round.:-_- Every attack she threw at him he countered and ends up owning her. And we're not gonna go by the possibilities of what else she can do with her blood/water make magic when she never displayed them. For all we know, that's all she can do until shown she can.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Gray took some damage, would you expect him to take none? His injuries were scratches/bruising, it wasn't bad (I'd say minor). It wasn't a real fight, it was an imposed hand-to-hand exchange basically (the chain + thoughts), so the conditions meant they'd both hit each other.

Juvia gets points for having some good punching power, but it's not game changing against someone comparable or better than her.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Lucy easy diff. Like @Jko said

How can she be faster than Lucy in Scorpio or Cancer star dress? Can you explain ?
Yeah. I honestly don't see how Lucy could be faster than Juvia, especially when she uses Sierra. I mean Juvia could have pretty much "blitzed" Cana right then and there, which is a feat Lucy doesn't have.

Don't read, just scroll through the pages.

It's shown better in the anime.

Asorx

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Yeah. I honestly don't see how Lucy could be faster than Juvia, especially when she uses Sierra. I mean Juvia could have pretty much "blitzed" Cana right then and there, which is a feat Lucy doesn't have.

Don't read, just scroll through the pages.

It's shown better in the anime.
but still Cancer form i think is faster. We must just need to wait for feats :P

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
but still Cancer form i think is faster. We must just need to wait for feats :P
I don't know. I guess I'll elaborate more on my point.

In terms of movement speed, Juvia would definitely take this (my opinion). Lucy seems to have swift movements in Cancer Stardress and Scorpio Stardress but not necessarily high speed. Also, the reason why Lucy was able to hit Brandish when she used her Scorpio Stardress was because Brandish was holding back. As for her Cancer Stardress, Lucy was able to land hits on her because she was small. Brandish admitted that when she said Lucy was so annoying that she had to revert her back to her normal size again. Besides, Lucy wasn't even fast enough to dodge Jacob's knives.

Now in terms of combat speed, I'm willing to agree with you that Lucy improved by a fair amount. But still, Juvia isn't bad in combat speed either. I mean just look at how fast she casted Water Slicer.

If you want, I'm willing to change it to this.
  • Speed: Lucy ≤ Juvia

Last edited: