Fantasy - Lyon Vastia vs Marin Hollow | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fantasy Lyon Vastia vs Marin Hollow

Lyon vs Marin - who wins?

• Lyon Vastia

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Marin Hollow

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters

Ice devil slayer

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Participant 1
Lyon vastia : ice make magic
Participant 2
Marin hollow : Spatial magic

Scenario 2 : lyon and juvia vs marin

Who wins ?

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Marin has hax spatial magic, while Lyon is strong in his own right with ice magic. My guess is it will take some time for Lyon to figure out a way to hit Marin, and when that happens I think he will win (just guessing here that Marin is one of those guys with not-so-good durability). So Lyon wins for me.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Scenario 1: Marin medium diff.
Scenario 2: Marin medium to high diff.

Marin is someone who shouldn't be underestimated. In fact, he can almost do everything with space what he desire. I'd say Marin is superior to Minerva as well, since Marin can stop spells which are related to space. With his magic, he could probably make the ice creations from Lyon vanish. Ice-Make magic would be kinda pointless then.

The same counts for Juvia. I can't see water do a lot damage to Marin. But it would be a harder battle for Marin if he need to keep up with two opponents.

Keran

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Leon is relatively weak, but here i think he will win. The main reason why i think so is that Marin is stupid. And that is enough for me

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
Marin is strong enough to give natsu and gray with his magic even they were not serious so he shouldn't be underestimated
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Marin is strong enough to give natsu and gray with his magic even they were not serious so he shouldn't be underestimated
To give natsu and gray a lot of trouble sorry

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
With his magic, he could probably make the ice creations from Lyon vanish. Ice-Make magic would be kinda pointless then.
I doubt that. There are some types of magic: caster magic, holder magic, and special case: lost magic. Ice Make magic is in caster magic. One point I got from Marin's magic is that that magic affects holder magic. That's why Erza and Lucy can't use their magic in Caracole Island when Alvarez conquered the island and in Magnolia battlefield when Marin was there because their magic type is holder magic. Caster magic is weak against Lost Magic: Arc of Time.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I doubt that. There are some types of magic: caster magic, holder magic, and special case: lost magic. Ice Make magic is in caster magic. One point I got from Marin's magic is that that magic affects holder magic. That's why Erza and Lucy can't use their magic in Caracole Island when Alvarez conquered the island and in Magnolia battlefield when Marin was there because their magic type is holder magic. Caster magic is weak against Lost Magic: Arc of Time.
It can be true that he can't stop Lyon from using Ice-Make, but Marin can teleport his creations to an other place or dimension.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I think Marin takes this easy-mid diff both scenarios. We saw him give Natsu and Gray real trouble (they couldn't hit the guy at all), and Gray is a more capable Ice Mage than Lyon, so I don't really see any way a guy like Lyon, even with help from the likes of Juvia, could beat Marin.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Marin Wins in Both Situations.

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
Is marin that strong for lyon i though he would be an extrême diff battle for either of them

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Marin takes both scenarios with mid diff at most. As mentioned prior, Natsu and Gray were helpless against him and those two are in a different league compared to Lyon and Juvia. Marin is also no slouch in combat considering he left Mest severely beaten up.