Thank you for the game @Copy Panda@Evil3ye and @desin24, It was my first normal/mechanic less mafia game. It was an interesting experience which made me realise than without a role I'm even more useless than usual but it was good to stop relying on roles and mechanics for once. I'll reflect on this game a lot.
Thanks to all the players who made this a good game and see you next time !
Thanks for the game! Feels good to win the 100th MG this way .
I think our team had really good synergy thanks to James. If not for him Gry and I would have played super safe. I tend to consider worst case scenarios a lot and Gry is the same.
It was amusing to see how some of our interactions were when thinking about risks and rewards. James was like "Let's do this!", Gry wanted to play super safe and I was in the middle. Even during the final night Gry started thinking about one of us being Lovers and his paranoia spread to me. We started thinking that maybe DD was baiting us and that the real Doc was hiding etc .
I do think that to win as Mafia you need to make something crazy at least once so it was nice.
Was really impressed by Townie Sam in this game. His best Town performance so far IMO.
Properly now, thanks a lot for the game @Evil3ye@Copy Panda@desin24 and thanks to all the other players. Town did a decent effort, but yes vanilla games are much more demanding of town than the slightly sloppy lynches we had. I really enjoyed it being a vanilla game, and even more being a mafia in a vanilla game. Unfortunately couldn‘t play as much as I‘d have liked to, nor go into some special plays that depended on circumstances like fake being a Death Miller or mask failed kills as recruitment to confuse people.
Balance-wise I think this was a bit easy for us mafias, though maybe it‘s just because of town being easily confused and unused to the playing style. The Potato shortened the game significantly, as we could avoid a D4, though it took some luck to be given the Potato just in time to pick who to kill. Not sure how good the odds were for Doc or Prostitute to do much, but the main power was influencing our kill decisions just by them existing + them being self-confirmable meant that had we not killed them in time town would have a strong confirmed core of players, 3+1 if Pirate confirms someone.
So the system of showing the role list was definitely really interesting and puts pressure on mafia to kill at least one or 2 before too many vanillas are out for framing/lynching purposes.
Also, an interesting potato side-effect I didn‘t expect was that Demon, despite all his inconsistencies, wasn‘t lynched because „what if Lambu dies mafia“. James avoided trouble too somehow by playing an angered townie a-la Shad which worked perfectly. I didn‘t do anything special, definitely could‘ve done more to be less suspected by Farf or Riku.
Thanks to my 2 teammates @Demonspeed and @James Rye for making such a good team. To be honest I didn‘t expect it to go well, as both my experiences as mafia with you 2 were.. questionable(Demon lynching me randomly for no benefit + James and the Lily avatar nightmare), but it turned out to be a top tier team.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
@digitaldude don‘t beat yourself up over the misused role, it’s hard to actually prevent a kill. I‘d never have killed Farf N2, in fact I wanted to kill Riku, so if I had the final say in the team you would have saved a kill. Just unlucky. Though coming out on D3 was really not needed, could‘ve still prevented a kill N3 by going for the person a Doc would least likely protect, to catch the mafia safe-play.
@Shad Like James said, high stats in Int but low in Charm and Persuasion You were quite right regarding me in some parts, but the problem is that you drowned out your own good strong points with bad ones, making the strong ones appear bad as well. Some arguments you made did not make much sense so I could brush them all off as illogical, when had you kept your focus to what is really there I‘d have much bigger problems. Likewise you don‘t want to fight everyone at once, and see any disagreements as people being mafia/dishonest.
You didn‘t need to be afraid of me using you as an easy lynch, it really was not my intention at all. I wanted to ask about your role hinting to get the ball rolling and make myself look inquisitive, and then back off once you‘ve explained yourself with an „Hm yes I believe your response, sounds genuine.“ then move to someone else. But you reacting like you did made you lynch yourself, if not D1 I knew you‘d lose it if it continued D2 and all it took was an early joke-vote.
Though this whole ordeal cost me some trustworthiness, as I couldn‘t be as inquisitive at everyone like I initially wanted because of your odd and harsh responses and had to devote all time and focus to dancing with you, who would flip town and I‘d need to live past that ending. But you made it possible by using some of our history and your harsh tone as an excuse.
My main suggestion is to be less toxic, nobody will like you flipping out like this and lynch you out of principle, since this lowers the overall fun. You should argue back and stay composed, but not be too loud and unfocused.
What I also told James long ago when nobody trusted him when he was town and got lynched: the more different thoughts you write the more you muddy the waters and make it hard for others to read and understand you and your mindset. Have clear and concise thoughts. You could‘ve answered me D1 while at the end of the response attaching “odd that you ask this“, then you can later reference it and say „Gry did X on D1, looks like he‘s searching for someone to trip up not to find a mafia“ or so. Or even just the Asako kill alone, make a case just regarding this, that I would do it as mafia, and explain why.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
@Riku you played really well, hope to see you play another time too. One of the, if not the single best attribute of a townie, is not voting perfectly and lynching scum but to look town to everyone as fast as possible, and you did just that on D1 and further solidified it D2 and 3. You both become a person mafia must kill because they can‘t lynch and someone town can orient themselves on.
Though of course seeing through the scum is also important, which you also did by suspecting James and Demon D1, I thought you‘re our Traitor even at first due to how accurate it was. But you let up on it, with some Shad help. I expected James to be the D3 lynch so you settling on Tatsu vs Erin was a surprise.
Oh, and lastly @Lambu I had the idea of Demon passing Potato to me, and the other 2 ended up disagreeing saying it‘s too risky. It would‘ve been, but even with the disaster of me dying to it I wonder if Demon would have been able to just fly to the endgame victory with the +cred a Potato kill would‘ve given him? Potato is a really powerful tool in mafia hands.
@Riku you played really well, hope to see you play another time too. One of the, if not the single best attribute of a townie, is not voting perfectly and lynching scum but to look town to everyone as fast as possible, and you did just that on D1 and further solidified it D2 and 3. You both become a person mafia must kill because they can‘t lynch and someone town can orient themselves on.
Though of course seeing through the scum is also important, which you also did by suspecting James and Demon D1, I thought you‘re our Traitor even at first due to how accurate it was. But you let up on it, with some Shad help. I expected James to be the D3 lynch so you settling on Tatsu vs Erin was a surprise.
Thanks! That's funny, because I feel like the last couple of game I played in it was the complete opposite. I had strong persecution towards right person right from the get go, but got majority of the players convinced I'm scum by end of day 2
Guess I did something right this time. I hope I figure what is was.
@GrySun I see, I got triggered easily this game, not sure why, probably just IRL issues I didn't think would affect me in game, good play to take advantage of my mistakes
Sorry to everybody for playing like this.
I will make sure this issues don't reproduce (they will be other issues tho).