Games Mafia Game 105 - Solo Leveling - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatsumaki

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2016
Messages
598
Reaction score
4,095
Gender
Female
Country
France
Hi guys so here are our night actions tab and thought process for the game.

First the tab:



Following the "level up" idea from our theme we wanted to give players the opportunity to level up throughout the game thanks special objects they would find in dungeons. However finding many level up ideas for every role was complicated. Also given our small number of players we decided to make everyone start as vanilla to give the mechanics more impact and push players to go into dungeons. We simplified the dungeons's objects idea by deciding that it would be simpler to just have dungeons that allowed to level up (because there were strong monsters in it that gave lots of xp lol) and dungeons that didn't.

Dungeons were as followed
D1 dungeonsD2 dungeonsD3 dungeonsD4 dungeons
Busan (dud)Pekin (secondaries)New York (roles)Sao paulo (dud)
Seoul (roles)Tokyo (roles)Bamako (buff)Valencia (dud)
Daegu (roles)Singapour (roles)Canberra (dud)Tunis (roles)

On D1 we put a dud dungeon but didn't expect HALF the players to choose it, + one who forgot to send + one of the four remaining died D1. So only 3 people with a role on N1. We expected it to be at least 5 or 6.
Which is why we had put a necromancer and an apprentice in the role list thinking they would have much to do and choose from as the game went on. (They didn't 😭)

As for the roles, we made a list beforehand and randomized it with the player list. Thus, everyone had a role waiting for them, all they had to do was enter the right dungeons.
This is what each of you was bound to get:
Asako - Necromancer
DD - Sane spy
Erinyes - hider
Brandish µ - prosecutor
Gajeel - Insane apprentice (who then became sane)
Lady pompom - Sane doc
GrySun - Paranoid det

Belserion - M. Det
Baka Taichou - Escort
Shad - Poisoner
We also had ideas for second level ups for each. But appart from Gajeel no one leveled up twice.

On D2 rather than a dud we put a secondaries dungeon which is weaker but still useful. We had a thought up list of secondaries and randomized the list with the player that entered the dungeon. No premade association player x secondary.

On D3 we once again put a dud and wanted to have fun by adding a buff dungeon that allowed for a double action. It may seem too OP, but in Mafia game there is game, and we wanted to see how all the double actions would cross each other and maybe create interesting game situations. In the end the buff was only useful to mafia.

On D4 with such few players remaining and everyone having a role or a secondary, only one dungeon was legit (and no one entered it).

That's it for the explanations we wanted to give, feel free to ask any question. Any constructive feedback or criticism is accepted !

(Also my wording might make it seem like we took decisions on the go as the game went on, but no, most of it was thought out before the game started and then we navigated and adjusted things as phases passed.)

 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,247
Reaction score
33,631
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
It would but spy also needs this info to confirm sanity, if the spy targets me and I don't move, the spy can't tell the sanity.

I had the same issue with Asako hider in a previous game where I used necro and spied on her to confirm the sanity of the dead spy and she chooses to not move to prove her innocent, and by doing that I couldn't figure out the sanity.
Like last game, you think they have paranoid spy in a small game?
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,232
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
Ok I did a quick list to make it visible



GrySun as Thomas Andre (Townie) killed Night 1
Erinyes as Park Heejin -claims Townie -> Hider on N2
Shad as Reiji Sugimoto - claims Townie -> Hider on N2
Baka Taichou as Baek Yoonho - Mafia - Mafia escort lynched on D2
Asako as Antares - claims townie -> necromancer on N1 -> secondary role on N2
Gajeel as Cha Hae-In - claims towne - new role
Brandish μ as Lee Joonhee - claims towne - new role
digitaldude as Querehsha - claims Townie -> spy on N?
Lady pompom as Sung Jinwoo - claims Townie - Sickly secondary role on N2
@Belserion as Choi Jong-In (Mafia Member > Mafia Det) lynched Day 1


N1 actions :



N2 Actions

Shad hid behind Pompom
Erin hid behind Gajeel
DD Spied on Erin -> targetted Gajeel
Pompom - Targeted Erin with sickly -> cant vote on D3
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,247
Reaction score
33,631
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Whattaya think of Erin - a hider or shooter of Gajeel?
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Like last game, you think they have paranoid spy in a small game?
I was thinking they was a chance level up could affect sanity.

Naive Spy get upgraded to Sane Spy.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Spy is the most likely role for town to have.

So I'm guessing she didn't lie about her target.
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,232
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
If mafia had a doctor they would protect you.
Well no that cant be there cant be more than one scum left. it could be a TP, like SS but, unlikely, imo. unless someone got SS as secondary role , idk. just speculating
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Whattaya think of Erin - a hider or shooter of Gajeel?
Why are you trying so hard to make me look suspicious, when Im pretty much confirmed, can you share your thoughts about Asa's claim ?
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,309
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Erin you do realize yesterday you went for me even tho i had a penalty vote, the way i saw it you wanted to start a lynch on me as it was easy, i only voted you after you did, plus sakura have been in mafia game vacation for who knows how long
I felt it was too mean if i voted her when i was suspicious of you too


Btw @Brandish μ I wanna say yea but as a past hider i got shit on because i didn't use my role when i saw myself not dying, so i don't even wanna comment about that
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,232
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
Like last game, you think they have paranoid spy in a small game?
what are the odds that a paranoid spy comes out with the same target that I revealed before ?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Erin you do realize yesterday you went for me even tho i had a penalty vote,
I forgot about it, I realized it afterwards, i didnt mean to add a vote, over a penality, but I think when I voted Baka had already 1 or 2 votes too, it was between you 2, for me.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,247
Reaction score
33,631
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Why are you trying so hard to make me look suspicious, when Im pretty much confirmed, can you share your thoughts about Asa's claim ?
what are the odds that a paranoid spy comes out with the same target that I revealed before ?
You being hider and choosing Gajeel makes less sense than you being mafia who tried to kill Gajeel.

But I probably shouldn't push anything. Thanks for replying.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Whattaya think of Erin - a hider or shooter of Gajeel?
I think we will know for sure tomorrow, if 2 people die including gajeel it would mean she poisoned him and didn't lie about target because of the possibility of spy.

I'm trying to think if mafia can frame her by killing gajeel directly and it is possible if we don't get a sane doctor from the donjon tonight, but we still got DD spy to work with in that case.

what are the odds that a paranoid spy comes out with the same target that I revealed before ?
It 1 / 6 chance or 16%

Assuming spy is sane, at least she didn't lie about her target, which means I'm find waiting an extra day to get more data.
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,232
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
lus sakura have been in mafia game vacation for who knows how long
thxs for the explanation, it was one of the reason i avoided to cast a vote on sakura, too I wanted to, but felt it was like i was being on her back, I knew she get lyncjhed anyway so went for my 2nd suspect. i suspected you equally btw.


But Im glad i got sickly coz I d feel bad if you end up not being the last mafia.

Pliz if you were to pick someone among the ones who voted sakura who do you think would be your suspects ? Or who are your more suspicious ones.


But I probably shouldn't push anything. Thanks for replying.
Bran, really, trust me, everything I said is true, I didnt lie about anything, shad and DD actions, outcome prove it, you re pointing out the wrong person.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,247
Reaction score
33,631
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I think we will know for sure tomorrow, if 2 people die including gajeel it would mean she poisoned him and didn't lie about target because of the possibility of spy.

I'm trying to think if mafia can frame her by killing gajeel directly and it is possible if we don't get a sane doctor from the donjon tonight, but we still got DD spy to work with in that case.



It 1 / 6 chance or 16%

Assuming spy is sane, at least she didn't lie about her target, which means I'm find waiting an extra day to get more data.
So you want to lynch Asako today?
 

Gajeel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2016
Messages
622
Reaction score
5,598
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Brandish, can you give me a hint about your role? Considering Erinyes and Shad got the same role from going to the same dungeon, then by that same premise, we must have the same role too.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I am not a doctor
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
So you want to lynch Asako today?
What do I have on Asako?

- out of all non confirmed players, she claimed last.
- low participation all game, could be a motivation issue since mafia had a bad start.
- claims necro + a secondary role that she didn't reveal yet. Claims the secondary role to be a main role, I looked at the list of secondary roles and non can be claimed or faked, sickly can't be faked for example and she can't claim traitor or lover as secondary role... What if she saw pompom claim and went with "it a role that is usually a main role" as explanation? But if Erinyes lied about hider the same donjon gives the same role theory is fake and Asako role claim is the legit one.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,247
Reaction score
33,631
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Brandish, can you give me a hint about your role? Considering Erinyes and Shad got the same role from going to the same dungeon, then by that same premise, we must have the same role too.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I am not a doctor
I am not a protecting role.
 

Gajeel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2016
Messages
622
Reaction score
5,598
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
@Shad didn't you say last day that you would enter Singapour's dungeon?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Oh, forgot to mention. I entered Tokyo as well so I'm at my second level up. The role did not change to Hider
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
@Shad didn't you say last day that you would enter Singapour's dungeon?
Oh yeah I said that to make a joke about ice lemon tea that but I didn't send a PM and later voted and went to sleep, woke up 1 hour before day end, checked the thread, saw the lynch was decided and no more talking was gonna happen, realized I didn't send a PM so I picked the first donjon in the list and went back to sleep.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Would it make sense to have a necromancer in this game?
It a level 1 necro, I'm ok with it if it a level 2/3 as by then enough people may be dead for it to be relevant
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,674
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
But do people die as their learned roles or the original roles?
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
But do people die as their learned roles or the original roles?
Got check with hosts, but if she is fake claiming she probably did already check with them.

Which means the answer is likely learned main role.
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,309
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Pliz if you were to pick someone among the ones who voted sakura who do you think would be your suspects ? Or who are your more suspicious ones.
Honestly if it's not you that is the last mafia among those that voted, it could be gajeel as weird as that sound
At least the way i see it gajeel could voted hos teammate right away day 1 but couldn't change later in the end of the day because of how fast the votes added right after each other and that could be suspicious, at first I didn't believe mafia could do that if they 2 people but them being 3 change a lot that they could be bold in a 10 player game

Plus he was one of those that voted very late for sakura,DD being the other one but spy is unfakable role to me
His result really change my opinion of you as it makes you trust you a bit more

low participation all game, could be a motivation issue since mafia had a bad start.
I admit i have a low motivation, rather chill this game even if i die, somehow i myself don't know why (i like this feeling tho)
But i believe i couldn't forget about MG if i was red this game :XD more like it could made me more motivated as i been wishing for red so long,
Still green sadly
i mean i did forget about MG from day 1 before any mafia died so meh

We probably got this already


claims necro + a secondary role that she didn't reveal yet. Claims the secondary role to be a main role, I looked at the list of secondary roles and non can be claimed or faked, sickly can't be faked for example and she can't claim traitor or lover as secondary role... What if she saw pompom claim and went with "it a role that is usually a main role" as explanation? But if Erinyes lied about hider the same donjon gives the same role theory is fake and Asako role claim is the legit one
It could be also because i have my second power up and not my first one no?
Pompom doesn't afterall have a main role, and your situation with erin is more similar as you both didn't have role


Would it make sense to have a necromancer in this game?
Honestly no xD, i also question it when if i first got it :XD
"I was like, damn a necro when everyone is vanilla right now"

I assume it was added because of the theme, at least my thought currently
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top