Games Mafia Game 105 - Solo Leveling - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatsumaki

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2016
Messages
598
Reaction score
4,095
Gender
Female
Country
France
Hi guys so here are our night actions tab and thought process for the game.

First the tab:



Following the "level up" idea from our theme we wanted to give players the opportunity to level up throughout the game thanks special objects they would find in dungeons. However finding many level up ideas for every role was complicated. Also given our small number of players we decided to make everyone start as vanilla to give the mechanics more impact and push players to go into dungeons. We simplified the dungeons's objects idea by deciding that it would be simpler to just have dungeons that allowed to level up (because there were strong monsters in it that gave lots of xp lol) and dungeons that didn't.

Dungeons were as followed
D1 dungeonsD2 dungeonsD3 dungeonsD4 dungeons
Busan (dud)Pekin (secondaries)New York (roles)Sao paulo (dud)
Seoul (roles)Tokyo (roles)Bamako (buff)Valencia (dud)
Daegu (roles)Singapour (roles)Canberra (dud)Tunis (roles)

On D1 we put a dud dungeon but didn't expect HALF the players to choose it, + one who forgot to send + one of the four remaining died D1. So only 3 people with a role on N1. We expected it to be at least 5 or 6.
Which is why we had put a necromancer and an apprentice in the role list thinking they would have much to do and choose from as the game went on. (They didn't 😭)

As for the roles, we made a list beforehand and randomized it with the player list. Thus, everyone had a role waiting for them, all they had to do was enter the right dungeons.
This is what each of you was bound to get:
Asako - Necromancer
DD - Sane spy
Erinyes - hider
Brandish µ - prosecutor
Gajeel - Insane apprentice (who then became sane)
Lady pompom - Sane doc
GrySun - Paranoid det

Belserion - M. Det
Baka Taichou - Escort
Shad - Poisoner
We also had ideas for second level ups for each. But appart from Gajeel no one leveled up twice.

On D2 rather than a dud we put a secondaries dungeon which is weaker but still useful. We had a thought up list of secondaries and randomized the list with the player that entered the dungeon. No premade association player x secondary.

On D3 we once again put a dud and wanted to have fun by adding a buff dungeon that allowed for a double action. It may seem too OP, but in Mafia game there is game, and we wanted to see how all the double actions would cross each other and maybe create interesting game situations. In the end the buff was only useful to mafia.

On D4 with such few players remaining and everyone having a role or a secondary, only one dungeon was legit (and no one entered it).

That's it for the explanations we wanted to give, feel free to ask any question. Any constructive feedback or criticism is accepted !

(Also my wording might make it seem like we took decisions on the go as the game went on, but no, most of it was thought out before the game started and then we navigated and adjusted things as phases passed.)

 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,247
Reaction score
33,631
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
You probably should have gone to a dungeon brand, it seems it's gry game 2.0 as i got a secondary role that isn't a secondary role but originally a main role
So you have two main roles?

I missed out...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Really sucks how both Erin's and Asako's claims are convenient-sounding... oh well.
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,237
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
Really sucks how both Erin's and Asako's claims are convenient-sounding... oh well.
My claim is not convenient lol its even risky lol and DD confirmed it, plus if Shad went to Tokyo too, its confirming too.


Honestly, bran, I do trust you only bc you cast the 1st the vote on Baka and were the leading lyncher it was great playing (which could be a strategy too). But initially, you were among my suspects before that. And reason is that you seek info from everyone but didnt say a single thing about you. you re cleared to me and among all remaining players only Asa is standing out for me now. But trying to cast shade on me makes me uncomfortable about you. Can you say more about you, I asked you before about your role , if you used it, if so on who, but you didnt answer. Im not asking for reveal, you dont have to, and i know you never do, but at least tell us anything you can, about it.

Anyway, so far I do think Asa is the last mafia, i had mentioned already several times and yeah i agree that her claim is convenient.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Sorry for not answering this. No, maybe later in the game.
ah ok fine then, sorry you beat me, I was too long to post. yeah fine I respect your choice lol thats your townie self i know lol

edit for rephrasing
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,247
Reaction score
33,631
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
My claim is not convenient lol its even risky lol and DD confirmed it, plus if Shad went to Tokyo too, its confirming too.


Honestly, bran, I do trust you only bc you cast the 1st the vote on Baka and were the leading lyncher it was great playing (which could be a strategy too). But initially, you were among my suspects before that. And reason is that you seek info from everyone but didnt say a single thing about you. you re cleared to me and among all remaining players only Asa is standing out for me now. But trying to cast shade on me makes me uncomfortable about you. Can you say more about you, I asked you before about your role , if you used it, if so on who, but you didnt answer. Im not asking for reveal, you dont have to, and i know you never do, but at least tell us anything you can, about it.

Anyway, so far I do think Asa is the last mafia, i had mentioned already several times and yeah i agree that her claim is convenient.
Sorry, I thought you claimed BP.
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,309
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Btw brand why didn't you go to a dungeon ? The host did answer you get additional benefit even if you already got a role
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,247
Reaction score
33,631
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Okay, just read how Hider works.

There was an unsuccessful kill. Considering the Hider claims:
> If Erin is not mafia, mafia would not target her.
> If Shad is not mafia, Shad is less likely to be targeted than Lady pompom or Gajeel.

I don't find it likely that Hider caused the misfire.

I used it on Gajeel who is among the ones I trust the most (fun fact I almost used it on Pompom lol)
Why not pompom? It felt like you trusted her more than Gajeel yesterday.

@Lady pompom you re the one I trust the most. If not I will check back that later, if I have enough time.
For now i will cast quickly my vote on Asa, just in case I can't come back before the end of the phase. If anything new, I might change it but so far she is somehow one of the most suspicious as i mentioned above, but Baka-chan too Im surprised she didnt enter any Dungeon. Idk about D.D I dont think he is mafia. due to his vote. and I have no real opinion about the others,, I tend to trust Gajeel due to his vote, I'm neutral abt Bran and Shad so far.
I guess, trust isn't the only thing / the trust is similar enough?

Tbh, I would have went with Lady pompom over Gajeel. They have similar town cred. But Gajeel is the better target for mafia imo. He went to Seoul and picked up a role. Might have got a secondary(?). The way I understand the role, you want to hide behind a town who is unlikely to get shot at.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,247
Reaction score
33,631
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Btw brand why didn't you go to a dungeon ? The host did answer you get additional benefit even if you already got a role
Yea, I assumed it would replace the role we got. Could've had some fun.
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,237
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
The way I understand the role, you want to hide behind a town who is unlikely to get shot at.

ah yeah it s not not role wise otherwise I wouldnt have picked Gajeel, but I thought Pompom chan was being more a threat for mafia in her playing style. I felt that mafia would go either on her, on you or on me, but that was just mere guts feelings.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,247
Reaction score
33,631
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
ah yeah it s not not role wise otherwise I wouldnt have picked Gajeel, but I thought Pompom chan was being more a threat for mafia in her playing style. I felt that mafia would go either on her, on you or on me, but that was just mere guts feelings.
If I was mafia there is no way I go for you.

If I were you on N2 and Hider, I would not hide.

I'm trying to understand but I don't think I can.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
I'm back now, catching up while making coffee.

I didn't target gajeel because he and DD had the highest chance of dying this night.

I targeted pom not because I was afraid to die, but so that if a spy checks me, it would help prove that I'm not killing.

I don't understand what happening any more.

- It can't be a traitor.
- nobody claimed blocking
- nobody claimed doctor

Did mafia forget to send action? Is this the only explanation left? Or is somebody lying about not having doctor?
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,237
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
If I was mafia there is no way I go for you.

If I were you on N2 and Hider, I would not hide.

I'm trying to understand but I don't think I can.
Well you're not a mafia obviously :arf and you re not me. I agree with you, If I were mafia I'd definitely go for you or Asako before going for me.
Please tell me, I got a role that allows me to protect myself, why shouldnt have I used it ? :grumble
My reasoning is that I believe Asa is the last mafia, I voted her yesterday, if she is mafia it makes sense for her to target me, who got a new role, that could have been an investigative role or wtv, something that could makes feel her threatened. Obviously noone would go for me unless they felt threatened.
But if I were not targetted, we need to know why there was no kill. There probably no other blocking role, we know DD is spy, Asa claimed necro, we need just to confirm that @Gajeel is not a doc who protected someoene or blocked someone with his role. if nothing fits, it makes the most sense that me or shad (most likely me due to role upgrade) was targetted. There are very few possibilities.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

ah I just thought, last possibility could be a poisoner, but again it wont benefit mafia to delay a kill with that setting.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I'm back now, catching up while making coffee.
So you traveled to Japan last night ?
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
So you traveled to Japan last night ?
Yes, but I thought donjon only give levels, what did you get from the previous donjon? This is your second donjon you enter right?

Poisoner is a good explanation for the missing kill, why you think it not good to use now?
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,237
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
Poisoner is a good explanation for the missing kill, why you think it not good to use now?
I assume theres only one mafia's left, if 2 of them or more, it s useful to use poisoner. But if only one is left they would need to kill straight and find a way to make someone lynched before starting to get suspected, the more they would delay the more risk they get to get caught, you see what I mean. they need to kill and lynch every single phase without fail.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Same, was it the purple one?
yes !
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,247
Reaction score
33,631
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I targeted pom not because I was afraid to die, but so that if a spy checks me, it would help prove that I'm not killing.
Wouldn't this work by not targeting at all?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Please tell me, I got a role that allows me to protect myself, why shouldnt have I used it ? :grumble
It would only protect you if you're shot at.

No mafia would have shot you last night. You're a likely lynch, and entered Busan/purple. If mafia had a doctor they would protect you.

So hiding only increases your chances of dying.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

If mafia had a doctor they would protect you.
That's not accurate...
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Wouldn't this work by not targeting at all?
It would but spy also needs this info to confirm sanity, if the spy targets me and I don't move, the spy can't tell the sanity.

I had the same issue with Asako hider in a previous game where I used necro and spied on her to confirm the sanity of the dead spy and she chooses to not move to prove her innocent, and by doing that I couldn't figure out the sanity.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top