Games Mafia Game 105 - Solo Leveling - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatsumaki

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2016
Messages
598
Reaction score
4,095
Gender
Female
Country
France
Hi guys so here are our night actions tab and thought process for the game.

First the tab:



Following the "level up" idea from our theme we wanted to give players the opportunity to level up throughout the game thanks special objects they would find in dungeons. However finding many level up ideas for every role was complicated. Also given our small number of players we decided to make everyone start as vanilla to give the mechanics more impact and push players to go into dungeons. We simplified the dungeons's objects idea by deciding that it would be simpler to just have dungeons that allowed to level up (because there were strong monsters in it that gave lots of xp lol) and dungeons that didn't.

Dungeons were as followed
D1 dungeonsD2 dungeonsD3 dungeonsD4 dungeons
Busan (dud)Pekin (secondaries)New York (roles)Sao paulo (dud)
Seoul (roles)Tokyo (roles)Bamako (buff)Valencia (dud)
Daegu (roles)Singapour (roles)Canberra (dud)Tunis (roles)

On D1 we put a dud dungeon but didn't expect HALF the players to choose it, + one who forgot to send + one of the four remaining died D1. So only 3 people with a role on N1. We expected it to be at least 5 or 6.
Which is why we had put a necromancer and an apprentice in the role list thinking they would have much to do and choose from as the game went on. (They didn't 😭)

As for the roles, we made a list beforehand and randomized it with the player list. Thus, everyone had a role waiting for them, all they had to do was enter the right dungeons.
This is what each of you was bound to get:
Asako - Necromancer
DD - Sane spy
Erinyes - hider
Brandish µ - prosecutor
Gajeel - Insane apprentice (who then became sane)
Lady pompom - Sane doc
GrySun - Paranoid det

Belserion - M. Det
Baka Taichou - Escort
Shad - Poisoner
We also had ideas for second level ups for each. But appart from Gajeel no one leveled up twice.

On D2 rather than a dud we put a secondaries dungeon which is weaker but still useful. We had a thought up list of secondaries and randomized the list with the player that entered the dungeon. No premade association player x secondary.

On D3 we once again put a dud and wanted to have fun by adding a buff dungeon that allowed for a double action. It may seem too OP, but in Mafia game there is game, and we wanted to see how all the double actions would cross each other and maybe create interesting game situations. In the end the buff was only useful to mafia.

On D4 with such few players remaining and everyone having a role or a secondary, only one dungeon was legit (and no one entered it).

That's it for the explanations we wanted to give, feel free to ask any question. Any constructive feedback or criticism is accepted !

(Also my wording might make it seem like we took decisions on the go as the game went on, but no, most of it was thought out before the game started and then we navigated and adjusted things as phases passed.)

 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
I know it's a small game, but what's your logic for choosing me, I was extremely afk cuz of work and tbh DD's comment that I saw, about role hints, considering the mechanic of the game, seemed sus af to me (hence me voting him). But that's just my own logic.
I think it isn't the first time DD posts without reading the rules, and I would think a mafia would be more careful than a town before posting anything so I didn't think this was a scum hint which is why I didn't vote him but you didn't play previous games so who knows, but your vote did force DD to move which triggered gry to go on her, before that DD was planning to go for revenge on D1.

I didn't go to a dungeon so I'm roleless
There is no way for me to know if this is true for sure.

The day before you looked confused about the mechanic and you asked some basic questions about it, so I can buy that you didn't know that it was a day pm.

Your thoughts on suspects?
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
@digitaldude what your current suspect list based on yesterday events?

@Asako did you forget about D2 as well.
@Baka Taichou there is still time so please join the discussion after your work is done, share your suspects.
ah you asked for my suspects.

well, IMO even in small games, casting a random first vote on a teammate as mafia doesn't seem out of the ordinary, if that person ends up being close to lynch it'd be weird to change tho, so idk a sus would be first voters, secondly sus would also be a person who just follows what the most popular or admired player says, (gry) and jjust goes with whatever that player goes, and thirdly, a sus player would be one that does a last minute change to the top voted to save appearances. And ofc sus would be a person who doesn't post at all for the entire day and completely misses voting or changing vote if needed, but in this case I understand better than anyone that timing can be shit and RL is a priority always (except if it's gajeel or demonspeed, they used to play like that when mafia xD from what i remember, DISCLAIMER not saying gajjj is sus this game, he was just as active as any others IMO). Ah and ofc the random voters who chose to stay out of the bandwagons and vote someone with no votes.


So anyway based off of that let's see, my sus list is:

ugh,

I'd say DD cuz of D1 comment on hints (even gry asked if he's mafia or that careless), he insta vote kills shad without probably even checking the rules, as a first comment in the game thread (who does that?) and because he then quickly switched to bels simply because he followed the pattern when ppl were leaning (gry's first bel comment; pommie next; further comment from gry; ) on bels as sus and because he wanted to break the tie and not die day 1 (also extremely sus in my eyes), and keeping his dungeon secret when everyone else chose to divulge? And I mean.... just like him to rage against anyone saying anything against him, same as revenge voting, you can't share your opinions, cuz he'll flip his shizzle on you. I am fairly sure his only reason for saying I'm sus today was cuz I voted him D1 and prolly even lock the vote now that I gave this reasoning for viewing him as sus .... gonna stop here for now.


Second, pom mostly because last min vote change (wasn't needed, bels was dying already, seems like a way to stay off of "non bel voters" radar. But that's all I got atm to sus her of.

Based off of activity or lack there of, me and Asako but again I know my situation and I know how busy Asachii is with studies so not gonna go there.

And random voters, who tried to stay off the bandwagon, erichii, gajeel brandish and you shad.

Since there's prolly just one mafia left (if there's a traitor which, since gry died, has not been recruited) or 2 mafias, obviously I'm wrong about at least 6 ppl in that list :))) but I'm at least sure I'm not mafia so, 5 ppl in that list.

So Top sus I'd say DD, if you couldn't tell by the lengthy sus analytics report teehee
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

There is no way for me to know if this is true for sure.

The day before you looked confused about the mechanic and you asked some basic questions about it, so I can buy that you didn't know that it was a day pm.

Your thoughts on suspects?
yea, I guess, idk what happened in the prev 6 months or more since i last played, but I know for a fact mafia not reading the rules D1 is a thing :))) saw it with my mafia team mates when i was mafia in a few games last year, so I wouldn't diss that as a possibility, but again, this is all IMO

DW he'll revenge vote me now, wait for it xD

I was confused :))) i barely had time to check, but yea, you can't know for sure. On that topic tho' did I miss you mentioning if you were successful in your dungeon or not?
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Yeah i mentioned I went to purple and got no level up.

Knowing Gry, his day one vote pattern is always the same on D1 when town, when he starts doubting somebody, you should expect a last minute vote from him, so yeah you could tell that Bel was done for very early.

Let see how DD replies to the above, not a good idea to share my thoughts on this yet.
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
well I already have a vote on me, dd will prolly follow with a hatred vote, and there isn't more I can give rn considering how active everyone is XDDD, this is all i could get based off of everyone's activity, so those were my 2 cents, at least I gave some reasoning compared to others who just said "ah X is sus", so I'm at peace with my contribution thus far.
 

Gajeel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2016
Messages
622
Reaction score
5,598
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Strangely You 're asking exactly the same question Bran did, and pointing same persons. and coincidentally both of you were in same dungeons. I can't say anything about Sakura but Im townie lol
What can I say. Great minds think alike :catshrug But fair enough, it is true that you were on dd before everything started moving around. Same goes for sakura.
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,309
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
So I'm assuming currently only me and brand got upgraded
Damn guys did you love purple land that much, i thought blue was the popular color

Also votekill erin at least currently the one I'm most iffy about is her
Plus safety, ain't missing voting again
 

Tatsumaki

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2016
Messages
598
Reaction score
4,095
Gender
Female
Country
France
Half day !

Don't forget to send your dungeon request if you wish to level up !​
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,674
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
ah you asked for my suspects.

well, IMO even in small games, casting a random first vote on a teammate as mafia doesn't seem out of the ordinary, if that person ends up being close to lynch it'd be weird to change tho, so idk a sus would be first voters, secondly sus would also be a person who just follows what the most popular or admired player says, (gry) and jjust goes with whatever that player goes, and thirdly, a sus player would be one that does a last minute change to the top voted to save appearances. And ofc sus would be a person who doesn't post at all for the entire day and completely misses voting or changing vote if needed, but in this case I understand better than anyone that timing can be shit and RL is a priority always (except if it's gajeel or demonspeed, they used to play like that when mafia xD from what i remember, DISCLAIMER not saying gajjj is sus this game, he was just as active as any others IMO). Ah and ofc the random voters who chose to stay out of the bandwagons and vote someone with no votes.


So anyway based off of that let's see, my sus list is:

ugh,

I'd say DD cuz of D1 comment on hints (even gry asked if he's mafia or that careless), he insta vote kills shad without probably even checking the rules, as a first comment in the game thread (who does that?) and because he then quickly switched to bels simply because he followed the pattern when ppl were leaning (gry's first bel comment; pommie next; further comment from gry; ) on bels as sus and because he wanted to break the tie and not die day 1 (also extremely sus in my eyes), and keeping his dungeon secret when everyone else chose to divulge? And I mean.... just like him to rage against anyone saying anything against him, same as revenge voting, you can't share your opinions, cuz he'll flip his shizzle on you. I am fairly sure his only reason for saying I'm sus today was cuz I voted him D1 and prolly even lock the vote now that I gave this reasoning for viewing him as sus .... gonna stop here for now.


Second, pom mostly because last min vote change (wasn't needed, bels was dying already, seems like a way to stay off of "non bel voters" radar. But that's all I got atm to sus her of.

Based off of activity or lack there of, me and Asako but again I know my situation and I know how busy Asachii is with studies so not gonna go there.

And random voters, who tried to stay off the bandwagon, erichii, gajeel brandish and you shad.

Since there's prolly just one mafia left (if there's a traitor which, since gry died, has not been recruited) or 2 mafias, obviously I'm wrong about at least 6 ppl in that list :))) but I'm at least sure I'm not mafia so, 5 ppl in that list.

So Top sus I'd say DD, if you couldn't tell by the lengthy sus analytics report teehee
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



yea, I guess, idk what happened in the prev 6 months or more since i last played, but I know for a fact mafia not reading the rules D1 is a thing :))) saw it with my mafia team mates when i was mafia in a few games last year, so I wouldn't diss that as a possibility, but again, this is all IMO

DW he'll revenge vote me now, wait for it xD

I was confused :))) i barely had time to check, but yea, you can't know for sure. On that topic tho' did I miss you mentioning if you were successful in your dungeon or not?
First you say I didnt even read the rules then you say I picked up on gry comments against bel? Likely story, yes I didnt wanna die day 1 yet again. You simply want to get rid of the bel voters after killing gry night 1. Seems obvious.
 

Gajeel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2016
Messages
622
Reaction score
5,598
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Yeah, she has some incoherences in her text. First, she calls me non 'sus', then she proceeds to include me in the "random voters" who tried to stay off the bandwagon when I was the first one on Belserion 🤔
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
First you say I didnt even read the rules then you say I picked up on gry comments against bel? Likely story, yes I didnt wanna die day 1 yet again. You simply want to get rid of the bel voters after killing gry night 1. Seems obvious.
wrong DD, game start your first vote on shad totally random, then you ask about hints showing you didn't read the mechanics, then you follow 3 posts saying bel is sus and go ahead to vote so you don't "get lynched D1 again". That pattern is sus, i don't care about the rest of bel voters, you're just upset I'm picking on you. If I was mafia I wouldn't even focus on Gry because I'd assume everyone and their mothers would be protecting him.

That's all there is to it.

if you read my sus list you'll also see I'm susing ppl very little, except you... so how am i going after everyone?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Yeah, she has some incoherences in her text. First, she calls me non 'sus', then she proceeds to include me in the "random voters" who tried to stay off the bandwagon when I was the first one on Belserion 🤔
Oh hai gaj!
1. I said i wasn't saying you're sus cuz of that particular comment "not being active at all, staying under the radar" (like you usually do as mafia) since most players have had the same lvl of activity ¬low¬ (minus me and asako who were super low) this game, so can't make a solid case over sth like that;
2. As for the rest of the "sus" ppl I only said there's one reason why i atm don't trust them, that isn't enough for me to vote on, just a comment on why they're not trustworthy for me atm, (no? isn't that what we do in this game?) as i previously stated only tru blu sus is DD in my eyes. But sure, go at me for not automatically adding you to the "confirmed" townies because you happened to cast a first random vote on bel, i guess :catshrug
--- Double Post Merged, ---

with that, I'm off to bed, fyi i went to tokyo dungeon

idk if i'll wake up in time for end of day, don't even know if I should vote tbh, but w/e i'll stick to what I see and feel

!votekill DD
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,674
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
I always do a random first vote....every single game. whats going on here. Why would they be protecting him if everyone was vanilla.
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
vanilla gry or role gry is still a good gry isn't he? good analytical skills, composed (most of the times :hurr )brings value in the chat.

i don't remember you "always" insta voting, but then again i haven't played in over half a year so I wouldn't know anymore anyway. I just listed what raised a red flag, iz all
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

anyway, nighty night me going to nini land ♥
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,221
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Votekill Baka taichou for now.

I'll sleep soon. Will change the vote tomorrow if necessary.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
I always do a random first vote....every single game. whats going on here. Why would they be protecting him if everyone was vanilla.
True, I can confirm the part about always voting first, sometimes even before reading rules, but sakura's targeting you today instead of targeting somebody that could be lynched is interesting, consistent at least but not a good play.

I don't see DD being lynched to confirm Sakura, if anything the opposite is more likely as DD has a role that can make the difference tonight plus the vote on Bel.

Meanwhile still waiting for Erinyes to explain her vote today, but it already getting late and day ends in the morning phase for me.

If I can join the day end I will change my vote depending on what Erinyes says.

Night as well
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@votekill sakura
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,247
Reaction score
33,631
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
it helps only mafia, to help them tracking who got an upgrade, so they can lynch them :grumble
No, 'helping' mafia comes with people stating their dungeon choice. Obviously it helps town as well.

Making a list, as you usually do, does not provide any player anything they can't get themselves. So it's a reach to call that list helpful given the amount of posts so far.

I know it's a small game, but what's your logic for choosing me,
Of the people who did not vote Bel, you and Erin feel like the obvious choices.
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,234
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
No, 'helping' mafia comes with people stating their dungeon choice. Obviously it helps town as well.

Making a list, as you usually do, does not provide any player anything they can't get themselves. So it's a reach to call that list helpful given the amount of posts so far.
Sorry Bran I ve worded the wrong way, I never meant it was wrong to do the list I do it and I actually was going to do it lol, I'm actually grateful for you to have done it and I thanked you for it. I meant giving the info per se since only mafia can confirm each other, and benefit the more by knowing who upgrade. yeah town benefits for it too, otherwise I wouldnt have said myself where I was going. I ve said it in the 1st post. I sincerely never meant nor implied it was a bad thing to list, Sorry for the misunderstanding and bad wording.
 

Gajeel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2016
Messages
622
Reaction score
5,598
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Oh hai gaj!
1. I said i wasn't saying you're sus cuz of that particular comment "not being active at all, staying under the radar" (like you usually do as mafia) since most players have had the same lvl of activity ¬low¬ (minus me and asako who were super low) this game, so can't make a solid case over sth like that;
Hai. You are right, forgive me. I had a blurry mind at that time.

On that note, I have a bit of time so I re-read the entire game. Here are some of my thoughts.

In such a small game, I'd rather not think about worst-case scenarios. Instead, I will assume that the game is rather straightforward, so I will believe that digital and pompom are clear due to their votes on day 1.

I will also believe that Brandish is town, because for one he shared information (who picked which dungeon + explicitly stated that he got a power-up from his dungeon before Tatsumaki confirmed it) which is something you'd rather avoid talking about as a scum, and two he went into the same dungeon as Belserion. I find it hard to believe that two scums would go into the same dungeon on day 1 instead of spreading out to boost the odds. Though, it would be a different story if he is a traitor, but I don't want to think about now.

That leaves us with Baka Taichou, Erinyes, Asako, and Shad. Shad talks a lot and keeps the thread lively, so he cool. Out of the three, only Asako leveled up so there shouldn't be a rush at killing her. I'd rather see how she will play it out. Plus, she seemed more genuine than the other two in my eyes. Out of the two left, Erin has a stronger alibi (first to vote digital) compared to Taichou who was the second one. But then, why go for digial instead of me who already had two votes? I do feel like Taichou's posts are the least genuine though, like she's throwing unneeded suspicions around, so I think I will go for her based on that feeling + there's a lack of evidence and logical behaviours.

It feels weird expressing thoughts like that. It's like I'm turning into Daws lol

!votekill Baka Taichou
Hope work gets better for you soon. I can feel the tiredness in your posts.


I'm out of time, and I won't be here for the rest of the phase. Have fun 👋
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Looks like I.m diying. Well, this was a short visit :)))
Well thanks for the game guys, was nostalgic, and tatsu and hermit for having me ♡
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top