Games Mafia Game 105 - Solo Leveling - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatsumaki

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2016
Messages
598
Reaction score
4,095
Gender
Female
Country
France
Hi guys so here are our night actions tab and thought process for the game.

First the tab:



Following the "level up" idea from our theme we wanted to give players the opportunity to level up throughout the game thanks special objects they would find in dungeons. However finding many level up ideas for every role was complicated. Also given our small number of players we decided to make everyone start as vanilla to give the mechanics more impact and push players to go into dungeons. We simplified the dungeons's objects idea by deciding that it would be simpler to just have dungeons that allowed to level up (because there were strong monsters in it that gave lots of xp lol) and dungeons that didn't.

Dungeons were as followed
D1 dungeonsD2 dungeonsD3 dungeonsD4 dungeons
Busan (dud)Pekin (secondaries)New York (roles)Sao paulo (dud)
Seoul (roles)Tokyo (roles)Bamako (buff)Valencia (dud)
Daegu (roles)Singapour (roles)Canberra (dud)Tunis (roles)

On D1 we put a dud dungeon but didn't expect HALF the players to choose it, + one who forgot to send + one of the four remaining died D1. So only 3 people with a role on N1. We expected it to be at least 5 or 6.
Which is why we had put a necromancer and an apprentice in the role list thinking they would have much to do and choose from as the game went on. (They didn't 😭)

As for the roles, we made a list beforehand and randomized it with the player list. Thus, everyone had a role waiting for them, all they had to do was enter the right dungeons.
This is what each of you was bound to get:
Asako - Necromancer
DD - Sane spy
Erinyes - hider
Brandish µ - prosecutor
Gajeel - Insane apprentice (who then became sane)
Lady pompom - Sane doc
GrySun - Paranoid det

Belserion - M. Det
Baka Taichou - Escort
Shad - Poisoner
We also had ideas for second level ups for each. But appart from Gajeel no one leveled up twice.

On D2 rather than a dud we put a secondaries dungeon which is weaker but still useful. We had a thought up list of secondaries and randomized the list with the player that entered the dungeon. No premade association player x secondary.

On D3 we once again put a dud and wanted to have fun by adding a buff dungeon that allowed for a double action. It may seem too OP, but in Mafia game there is game, and we wanted to see how all the double actions would cross each other and maybe create interesting game situations. In the end the buff was only useful to mafia.

On D4 with such few players remaining and everyone having a role or a secondary, only one dungeon was legit (and no one entered it).

That's it for the explanations we wanted to give, feel free to ask any question. Any constructive feedback or criticism is accepted !

(Also my wording might make it seem like we took decisions on the go as the game went on, but no, most of it was thought out before the game started and then we navigated and adjusted things as phases passed.)

 

Tatsumaki

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2016
Messages
598
Reaction score
4,095
Gender
Female
Country
France
@Brandish μ @Baka Taichou
Maybe I wasn't clear. Player GrySun didn't go to a dungeon that allowed him to level up. Thus he had no level up role to show once dead.
Player Belserion went to a dungeon that allowed her to level up at the end of the day. Thus she had a level up role to show once dead.
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,309
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Question hosts, can you lvl again if you go to a dungeon again if you already lvl up?

Also don't forget i have a penelty for not voting xD


Anyways good thing currently is we have a few confirmed because of those that voted bel, doubtful in a small game they votekill their teammate, we were only 10 player after all
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Anyways i did lvl up, i dunno if it was because I'm the only blue gang person or if anyone who goes to a dungeon will lvl up
But currently my role isn't that great
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,309
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Going blue again then, or to be more accurate the blueish gray dungeon

Gotta finish the blue journey i started
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,247
Reaction score
33,631
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I'll go to Singapour. I hear they have lovely gardens.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Asako
Baka Taichou
Brandish
Erinyes
Shad

These are the non-Bel votes. Asako did not vote.

I tend to trust Shad and Asako.

Obviously cannot vote myself. I feel it is worth noting that I entered the same dungeon as Bel.

My vote will fall to one of Erin or Baka.

Votekill Asako
I understand you were moving aside from the Bel/dd lynch, but did you have any reason for Asako other than her not having a vote?
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,198
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
I'll go to Singapour. I hear they have lovely gardens.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Asako
Baka Taichou
Brandish
Erinyes
Shad



My vote will fall to one of Erin or Baka.
What the logic, I don't get it, how am I supposed to know bel was mafia, and how when would have time to change vote given gry and pom-pom chan change their vote at last second :arf


Going to Tokyo dungeon.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I went to busan dungeon and got nothing....
Same
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,247
Reaction score
33,631
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
What the logic, I don't get it, how am I supposed to know bel was mafia, and how when would have time to change vote given gry and pom-pom chan change their vote at last second :arf
Oh thanks, I forgot to mention, I am assuming those who voted for Belserion are town.
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,198
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
Very likely, reason why pom chan is the one I trust the most. There's probably only one scum left, unless there's a traitor or so...

And the only thing I can say is that I'm definitely a town, who had not leveled up. So still plain town
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Anyways good thing currently is we have a few confirmed because of those that voted bel, doubtful in a small game they votekill their teammate, we were only 10 player after all
Yeah, we got lucky DD, gajeel and gry voted a mafia.

We should look for scum in gajeel and DD voters.

Asako not voting, Sakura not sending a PM, very careless for mafia.

A mafia could be among the placeholder voters as well.

We need to keep the discussion going today, to start of with @Lady pompom can you explain your vote change?
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,221
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Yeah, we got lucky DD, gajeel and gry voted a mafia.

We should look for scum in gajeel and DD voters.

Asako not voting, Sakura not sending a PM, very careless for mafia.

A mafia could be among the placeholder voters as well.

We need to keep the discussion going today, to start of with @Lady pompom can you explain your vote change?
I told before I didn't trust anyone going for Seoul dungeon, I didn't trust Bel and her shady playstyle, that's all. So even had Gry not changed vote, i was already typing my vote change to lock on her.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I got nothing on busan too... Maybe because there were too many of us if it was me, Shad and DD?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I might go for Pekin this time.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
I told before I didn't trust anyone going for Seoul dungeon, I didn't trust Bel and her shady playstyle, that's all. So even had Gry not changed vote, i was already typing my vote change to lock on her.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I got nothing on busan too... Maybe because there were too many of us if it was me, Shad and DD?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I might go for Pekin this time.
No the hosts phrased it as the donjon didn't have strong enemies, so every night there is a donjon that doesn't give a full level.
What I'm wondering is do we have 0 level or 0.5.

Meaning if we get another weak donjon do we get to level up since we went to 2 weak donjons.

Yeah Bel was shady, I also stated I was ok with her being lynched.

Who are you suspects today?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I'll go to Singapour. I hear they have lovely gardens.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Asako
Baka Taichou
Brandish
Erinyes
Shad

These are the non-Bel votes. Asako did not vote.

I tend to trust Shad and Asako.

Obviously cannot vote myself. I feel it is worth noting that I entered the same dungeon as Bel.

My vote will fall to one of Erin or Baka.



I understand you were moving aside from the Bel/dd lynch, but did you have any reason for Asako other than her not having a vote?
Just saw this post sorry.

No reason, Asako was at 0 votes.
Your list makes sense, I'm considering those as well.
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,221
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
@Shad my suspects are DD and Baka taichou, maybe gajeel since he also voted Bel, though I'd think it's not a smart move in a small game to risk lynching a teammate early, so top two are the others.

Maybe we got like 0.3 if there were 3 of us there, still bad enough that we might not get a role even if we go to a dungeon, if it's weak. I suggest maybe we both go to different dungeons today since one of us could at least get a role and we'd also curb chances for mafia maybe.
 

Gajeel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2016
Messages
622
Reaction score
5,598
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
my suspects are DD and Baka taichou, maybe gajeel since he also voted Bel, though I'd think it's not a smart move in a small game to risk lynching a teammate early, so top two are the others.
why digitaldude?
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
DD voting teammate is possible, last time he did it in D2, D1 it hard to see mafia pull something like this, bel didn't vote him back.
He probably also has a role now, so he could confirm himself tomorrow, there is no reason to go for him today.
 

Gajeel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2016
Messages
622
Reaction score
5,598
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
There is no way digital voted for a teammate in a game of ten people. Unless he has a townie role that allows for him to become mafia, it's out of the question. I don't see the point of hypothetical talks, so we should focus on the players who haven't voted for Belserion.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I'm looking at you, Erin and Baka
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
There is no way digital voted for a teammate in a game of ten people. Unless he has a townie role that allows for him to become mafia, it's out of the question. I don't see the point of hypothetical talks, so we should focus on the players who haven't voted for Belserion.
The point is to understand what people are pushing for, it an indirect way to decide between non-bel voters.
I'm fine with brandish because I agree with his list, I'm fine with Asako because she isn't playing.
Pom answer about her vote move sounds fair, so we are left with Erin and sakura.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top