Games Mafia Game 116 - Ghiblification - End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,914
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
🍃 Night Actions 🎥

Here are this game's night actions! Players are sorted by the order they die as usual.




This game was largely designed around trialling the new Serial Killer as well as trying out a new role, the Clown. Despite being solo parties, we thought it would be interesting to see if the comp itself rather than specific roles could aid and hamper these two parties. There was a faux mafia party in three death millers, as well as a freeman that the two non-towns could hide behind. We deemed this little core of semi-pro-towns necessary for the single SK to hide behind + create some competition for the Clown in terms of sus candidates. Police Officer is there to catch the criminal serial killer (only the workday of the cop ends around dinner while the serial killer prowls around at midnight 😔).

We thought the standard core of Doc, Det and Prost complemented by Cowboy would be sufficient for the town to win with, aside from their numerical superiority. Troublemaker is a double-edged sword involved for everybody. NVD and Bomb are passed along town and can completely debilitate any of the TP's; especially the Bomb could have coldly ended the careers of either one of them. The strongest asset Town had was their numbers; SK would have to survive 4~5 phases whereas Clown has to inversely fight impatience while getting lynched early. If not, the town has enough bodies to throw at the Clown timer.

Overall, maybe aside the PO, we thought the comp was relatively balanced; it was also pretty close. The Clown almost died D1 but then deflated around D5. DD was on the chopping block the whole game, and could have still died rather easily had the last vote been unplaced or just stacked on Faust. Very entertaining! Hope to see all of you guys next game again.​
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Ponyooo

Is that secondary role non vote disease on hermit, i mean how can he not vote

Also about the clown that kinda sucks for the rest of the players, i mean like the game end when he lynched
I assume you to inspiration with jester form actually werewolf games (like real games) but those works because the game in itself is already short meanwhile our mg goes running for days



Anyways I'm gonna reveal already, I'm vanilla
I feel like vanilla now is a trend with these past games


Ponyo now have to go to university, be back in my breaks
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,644
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Hermit probably started with NVD he can pass around. Would hosts more likely start it on town or mafia is a moot point, not worth thinking about, so he‘ll still have to participate to show his townness? Unless he‘s the clown.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
imo the vanilla trend is borne from mechanic so i don't expect many this game but we shall see...
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,674
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
CLOWN CLOWN?? so the game becomes who not to lynch with the clown... vote kill ponyo
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Though I suppose we are safe on day 1.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Ponyooo

Is that secondary role non vote disease on hermit, i mean how can he not vote

Also about the clown that kinda sucks for the rest of the players, i mean like the game end when he lynched
I assume you to inspiration with jester form actually werewolf games (like real games) but those works because the game in itself is already short meanwhile our mg goes running for days



Anyways I'm gonna reveal already, I'm vanilla
I feel like vanilla now is a trend with these past games


Ponyo now have to go to university, be back in my breaks
Well clown also has to avoid night kills, we shall see.
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Hi guys and gals!

I'm active and had it before long ago (before my 2 year break from MH). It's a role I don't enjoy in the first few days of the game cuz it can cause more damage than good, but hopefully later on I can use it wisely!

@hosts I love the avatars and thank you for giving me totoro!
 

Tatsumaki

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2016
Messages
598
Reaction score
4,085
Gender
Female
Country
France
I'm so pretty. (All the avatars are)
I'll be honest, there are lots of Ghibli I haven't seen. So I don't know this redhead.

Is the clown a full new role ? Or the mech ?

I'm passive.
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
I'm so pretty. (All the avatars are)
I'll be honest, there are lots of Ghibli I haven't seen. So I don't know this redhead.

Is the clown a full new role ? Or the mech ?

I'm passive.
i received the artbook for this anime as a b-day gift a few years back but never got around to seeing it. But she's a very strong character from what i was told bold and courageous <3
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Changes are good, especially on the mafia assassin, I remember using it on day 1 and throwing town into chaos back then from the get-go. As for the Clown, dunno, let's see how it rolls before condemning it.

My role is active. Nice to have you all around.^^
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
ok read the entry post, so no mechanic? Just new role being tested?
so hermit has that disease he passes to another person the next day? might mean we have a healthy townie?

glad the updated roles were put there cuz i had no idea XD
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
imo the vanilla trend is borne from mechanic so i don't expect many this game but we shall see...
I also don't expect many it's boring that every single game these past games there full on choas with vanilla

But i got vanilla anyways :notrust
Boring

I do hope there's others tho in fear i could be sleeper or DM
 

wojak

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 2, 2022
Messages
25
Reaction score
1,068
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
finally have time to read posts but there is nothing to read?

I don't like the clown either.I guess we have to look for someone to starts trolling suddenly? I doubt mafia would start trolling all of a sudden. As we have to lynch the scums and not lynch the clown.....
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,674
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
finally have time to read posts but there is nothing to read?

I don't like the clown either.I guess we have to look for someone to starts trolling suddenly? I doubt mafia would start trolling all of a sudden. As we have to lynch the scums and not lynch the clown.....
But some people are always trolling wojak....
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
finally have time to read posts but there is nothing to read?

I don't like the clown either.I guess we have to look for someone to starts trolling suddenly? I doubt mafia would start trolling all of a sudden. As we have to lynch the scums and not lynch the clown.....
ye after d1 behavior change xD
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
The problem i find with clown is the fact clown will make himself scummy meanwhile we need to find the real scums
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
at least i'm glad it's only for lynches, so we don't need to worry that mafia will accidentally kill them during the night, so hopefully mafia does sth good for everyone and kills the clown xD
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,681
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
imo the vanilla trend is borne from mechanic so i don't expect many this game but we shall see...
In a sense, you can see the Clown as a mechanic, so roleless ones could be around to help it blend in? Tho that's weird cause we have to avoid lynching it for a set time, then it auto dies.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

finally have time to read posts but there is nothing to read?
There are things to talk, like hints o/
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I guess we just play normally in this Day, then if we get too hesitant about lynching someone till Day 4, then that's prolly someone mafia will heavily consider to deal with at night. If they don't, that still tells us something for we to discuss next. It skews the focus a bit till then but that's also on the radar of the killers side, and it has the potential to force discussions as the bright side.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,778
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
imo the vanilla trend is borne from mechanic so i don't expect many this game but we shall see...
I tend to agree, but being upfront about it if legit isn't the worst thing, although it has the caveat of putting more important town roles at risk as they wouldn't kill a plain old townie claimer
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Another thought is that Asako could be trying to coast off of that trend though because it seems like a safe claim given recent games (I myself can attest thanks to claiming it immediately last game and then playing hard to legitimise it). That said, not sure if faking it outright from the start would be an Asako strat :hmm
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,644
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Changes are good, especially on the mafia assassin, I remember using it on day 1 and throwing town into chaos back then from the get-go. As for the Clown, dunno, let's see how it rolls before condemning it.

My role is active. Nice to have you all around.^^
!votekill James

Nice to have you around too^^
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I also don't expect many it's boring that every single game these past games there full on choas with vanilla

But i got vanilla anyways :notrust
Boring

I do hope there's others tho in fear i could be sleeper or DM
Were you always in the Shad camp of people who claim vanilla in their first post?
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I'm so pretty. (All the avatars are)
I'll be honest, there are lots of Ghibli I haven't seen. So I don't know this redhead.

Is the clown a full new role ? Or the mech ?

I'm passive.
imo (ofc) you got the best ghibli character
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

In a sense, you can see the Clown as a mechanic, so roleless ones could be around to help it blend in? Tho that's weird cause we have to avoid lynching it for a set time, then it auto dies.
yes it would be a bit odd for a Clown to mix in with vanillas. it'll be interesting to see how the Clown performs.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Another thought is that Asako could be trying to coast off of that trend though because it seems like a safe claim given recent games (I myself can attest thanks to claiming it immediately last game and then playing hard to legitimise it). That said, not sure if faking it outright from the start would be an Asako strat :hmm
as a mafia strat?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Changes are good, especially on the mafia assassin, I remember using it on day 1 and throwing town into chaos back then from the get-go. As for the Clown, dunno, let's see how it rolls before condemning it.

My role is active. Nice to have you all around.^^
assassin is nerfed so much but it does hog the attention
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Were you always in the Shad camp of people who claim vanilla in their first post?
I do usually claim early if it's vanilla (other time i claim early too is when I'm defuser)
The way I thought is that I'm gonna claim in the future vanilla so minds as well claim it now
Have balls like shads
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Another thought is that Asako could be trying to coast off of that trend though because it seems like a safe claim given recent games (I myself can attest thanks to claiming it immediately last game and then playing hard to legitimise it). That said, not sure if faking it outright from the start would be an Asako strat :hmm
Okay i may have balls today but is it so much that i will claim it as mafia first post
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top