Games Mafia Game 116 - Ghiblification - End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,918
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
🍃 Night Actions 🎥

Here are this game's night actions! Players are sorted by the order they die as usual.




This game was largely designed around trialling the new Serial Killer as well as trying out a new role, the Clown. Despite being solo parties, we thought it would be interesting to see if the comp itself rather than specific roles could aid and hamper these two parties. There was a faux mafia party in three death millers, as well as a freeman that the two non-towns could hide behind. We deemed this little core of semi-pro-towns necessary for the single SK to hide behind + create some competition for the Clown in terms of sus candidates. Police Officer is there to catch the criminal serial killer (only the workday of the cop ends around dinner while the serial killer prowls around at midnight 😔).

We thought the standard core of Doc, Det and Prost complemented by Cowboy would be sufficient for the town to win with, aside from their numerical superiority. Troublemaker is a double-edged sword involved for everybody. NVD and Bomb are passed along town and can completely debilitate any of the TP's; especially the Bomb could have coldly ended the careers of either one of them. The strongest asset Town had was their numbers; SK would have to survive 4~5 phases whereas Clown has to inversely fight impatience while getting lynched early. If not, the town has enough bodies to throw at the Clown timer.

Overall, maybe aside the PO, we thought the comp was relatively balanced; it was also pretty close. The Clown almost died D1 but then deflated around D5. DD was on the chopping block the whole game, and could have still died rather easily had the last vote been unplaced or just stacked on Faust. Very entertaining! Hope to see all of you guys next game again.​
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,124
Reaction score
20,250
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
More input
active role desu.

hbu mr. no face?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

vote kill brandish
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
I'll put a placeholder vote since i'll be quite busy today as it turns out.

so gonna go for !votekill Farfalla
because she got San, HMPH!
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,124
Reaction score
20,250
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
do you not like cute things?!
Your avatar is missing a letter.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Is that supposed to be intentional?

Since Marnie is here in this game, they omitted the 't.'
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,124
Reaction score
20,250
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Faust is playing, been a long time.
I'll try to play if I like the theme regardless of the game mechanics.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Since Marnie is here in this game, they omitted the 't.'
It's probably a typo.

"When Marnie was here"
sounds ominous. Brandish gon' die confirmed?

:lmao
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
assassin is nerfed so much but it does hog the attention
Yeah, but that's cause we got plenty of night roles/abilities to intercept the night kill whereas with day kills we got not so much stuff, so it makes sense to nerf the assassin a little bit. Same with up'ing the odds of the SK to live longer by having additional abilities like BP to prevent getting night killed randomly.

Clown is kinda funny, like that role could be the only one that could speed-win a Mafia game by getting lynched day 2, lol. I think in that regard it is a bit broken since we would have little info to go around after night 1. Maybe it would be better that it has to stay alive, aka "clown around" for a couple days (3-4) and then get lynched before any other party wins to win the game himself. But that is up to Council to decide.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,805
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Okay i may have balls today but is it so much that i will claim it as mafia first post
It'd be a bold play for sure- it's a possibility but I don't think you've got that dog in you to claim Townie so early if fake.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

This game is almost as active as one of Copan's gym workouts, damn 💀

Unless I'm wrong, so far it seems we've had these for hints/claims:
1. Asako - Vanilla Claim (#21)
2. Baka - Active, had it not too long ago (#25)
3. Tatsu - Passive (#26)
4. James - Active (#28)
5. Faust - Active (#43)

I am also Active.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,246
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Your avatar is missing a letter.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Is that supposed to be intentional?

Since Marnie is here in this game, they omitted the 't.'
yes i believe the avatars hold clues for the game
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,331
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Hola! Seems there’s been some changes since the last time I played. Was surprised to see no mech in a panda game but this clown pretty much counts as one. Currently on my phone, I’ll change my Avi in time
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Hm, I think I gonna votekill Asako.

Townie Vanilla in a 14 player game, where we got mafia and TP to look out for as well as see that traitor got updated, feels pretty weak. Like the chances of her being traitor or the new Clown role who bets on getting a bye due role reveal day 1, even if it is just vanilla, to then die later in-game by making "mistakes" to get us to vote for her.
Plus if Asako is telling the truth then she shouldn't have revealed and instead act as if she is important to have Mafia waste a kill action on her. All that reveal did is reduce night targets for Mafia, so not very helpful in my book.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
Hi guys, game started as I was asleep and just got back home from work.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,805
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Hm, I think I gonna votekill Asako.

Townie Vanilla in a 14 player game, where we got mafia and TP to look out for as well as see that traitor got updated, feels pretty weak. Like the chances of her being traitor or the new Clown role who bets on getting a bye due role reveal day 1, even if it is just vanilla, to then die later in-game by making "mistakes" to get us to vote for her.
Plus if Asako is telling the truth then she shouldn't have revealed and instead act as if she is important to have Mafia waste a kill action on her. All that reveal did is reduce night targets for Mafia, so not very helpful in my book.
Votekill James

Your reasoning for Asako is a bit shonky to me, James. Add in the fact that she's already been voted for to what looks like pretty weak reasoning and it looks like you're trying to get a mislynch, assuming Koko is town. What makes you so sure they wouldn't include a Townie in the game? I'd reckon its more likely than not given how most panda games go, if my memory serves me correct.





____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________



Also as a heads up for the game going forward, and especially tomorrow for me, I'm likely to be around less due to IRL performance commitments. I'm also dealing with a fucking horrid respiratory infection which is knocking me around and I don't know I'll cope having to try and force myself through a major public performance tomorrow so if I'm not around as much, or I'm a bit prickly when I am around, I'm genuinely sorry for that 😩
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,690
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
It'd be a bold play for sure- it's a possibility but I don't think you've got that dog in you to claim Townie so early if fake.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

This game is almost as active as one of Copan's gym workouts, damn 💀

Unless I'm wrong, so far it seems we've had these for hints/claims:
1. Asako - Vanilla Claim (#21)
2. Baka - Active, had it not too long ago (#25)
3. Tatsu - Passive (#26)
4. James - Active (#28)
5. Faust - Active (#43)

I am also Active.
I'm also passive.

I guess Erin, Gry, Bran, wojak and DD haven't shared anything yet, cause I also don't recall seeing a hint from them.

~

Is it usual for Faust to invest his available playing time on random things?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Ah and Holt and Hermit that showed up recently.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Plus if Asako is telling the truth then she shouldn't have revealed and instead act as if she is important to have Mafia waste a kill action on her. All that reveal did is reduce night targets for Mafia, so not very helpful in my book.
That's not very solid cause a vanilla townie inviting a kill holds the possibility of ending up in recruitment. I believe vanilla townies will be careful about working in favor of mafia since unlike traitors they do count as townie all the time unless they get recruited.
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
It'd be a bold play for sure- it's a possibility but I don't think you've got that dog in you to claim Townie so early if fake.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

This game is almost as active as one of Copan's gym workouts, damn 💀

Unless I'm wrong, so far it seems we've had these for hints/claims:
1. Asako - Vanilla Claim (#21)
2. Baka - Active, had it not too long ago (#25)
3. Tatsu - Passive (#26)
4. James - Active (#28)
5. Faust - Active (#43)

I am also Active.
you got my hint all wrong. I said it I had it before my MH break 2-3 years ago, that's "not too long ago" and it's pretty important because it's a role that i didn't have since I came back (and from those roles I had since i came back, some of them i had before my break too, so this hint should narrow down the list)
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,674
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
I'm also passive.

I guess Erin, Gry, Bran, wojak and DD haven't shared anything yet, cause I also don't recall seeing a hint from them.

~

Is it usual for Faust to invest his available playing time on random things?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Ah and Holt and Hermit that showed up recently.
--- Double Post Merged, ---



That's not very solid cause a vanilla townie inviting a kill holds the possibility of ending up in recruitment. I believe vanilla townies will be careful about working in favor of mafia since unlike traitors they do count as townie all the time unless they get recruited.
Im hinting active role
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Votekill James

Your reasoning for Asako is a bit shonky to me, James. Add in the fact that she's already been voted for to what looks like pretty weak reasoning and it looks like you're trying to get a mislynch, assuming Koko is town. What makes you so sure they wouldn't include a Townie in the game? I'd reckon its more likely than not given how most panda games go, if my memory serves me correct.





____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________



Also as a heads up for the game going forward, and especially tomorrow for me, I'm likely to be around less due to IRL performance commitments. I'm also dealing with a fucking horrid respiratory infection which is knocking me around and I don't know I'll cope having to try and force myself through a major public performance tomorrow so if I'm not around as much, or I'm a bit prickly when I am around, I'm genuinely sorry for that 😩
well in regards to what james said, in such a case, such a lynch should be done D1, from what i understood the clown role basically activates after D1 right?

but then even if she'd do the "trying to get us to lynch her by making mistakes", that to me sounds like a mafia scheme to get ppl to be reluctant to not vote her for as long as possible hoping she'd die. though ofc that will only work until real clown actually explodes on his deadline if we get that far and then she's exposed as possible scum.

But on another note, James could be mafia, trying to pin clown on Asako, laying down the path for her lynch after actual clown is dead (either by mafia kill or deadline) and then be like "AH SHE MUST BE MAFIA THEN".

ig
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

does what I said make sense? I might be speaking parseltongue xD
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top