Games Mafia Game 116 - Ghiblification - End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,926
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
🍃 Night Actions 🎥

Here are this game's night actions! Players are sorted by the order they die as usual.




This game was largely designed around trialling the new Serial Killer as well as trying out a new role, the Clown. Despite being solo parties, we thought it would be interesting to see if the comp itself rather than specific roles could aid and hamper these two parties. There was a faux mafia party in three death millers, as well as a freeman that the two non-towns could hide behind. We deemed this little core of semi-pro-towns necessary for the single SK to hide behind + create some competition for the Clown in terms of sus candidates. Police Officer is there to catch the criminal serial killer (only the workday of the cop ends around dinner while the serial killer prowls around at midnight 😔).

We thought the standard core of Doc, Det and Prost complemented by Cowboy would be sufficient for the town to win with, aside from their numerical superiority. Troublemaker is a double-edged sword involved for everybody. NVD and Bomb are passed along town and can completely debilitate any of the TP's; especially the Bomb could have coldly ended the careers of either one of them. The strongest asset Town had was their numbers; SK would have to survive 4~5 phases whereas Clown has to inversely fight impatience while getting lynched early. If not, the town has enough bodies to throw at the Clown timer.

Overall, maybe aside the PO, we thought the comp was relatively balanced; it was also pretty close. The Clown almost died D1 but then deflated around D5. DD was on the chopping block the whole game, and could have still died rather easily had the last vote been unplaced or just stacked on Faust. Very entertaining! Hope to see all of you guys next game again.​
 
Last edited by a moderator:

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,674
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Dunno. That doesnt remove night kills since mafia can look for sleepers and it doesnt rly serve a "getting lynched on D2 onwards" plan. I mean, you can still get lynched in spite of your claim but as a deliberated early plan Im failing to see the connection.
Lying about an active role seems too obvious with clown. Then again it's never been in a game. We shall see.
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Updating Sam's list as we go.
1. Asako - Vanilla Claim (#21)
2. Baka - Active, had it not too long ago (#25)
3. Tatsu - Passive (#26)
4. James - Active (#28)
5. Faust - Active (#43)
6. Sirsamuel016 - Active (#50)
7. Farfalla - Passive (#56)
8. digitaldude - Active (#58)

"but then even if she'd do the "trying to get us to lynch her by making mistakes", that to me sounds like a mafia scheme to get ppl to be reluctant to not vote her for as long as possible hoping she'd die. though ofc that will only work until real clown actually explodes on his deadline if we get that far and then she's exposed as possible scum."

Not sure I understood this part.

The other part is clear tho.
the hint in that list i gave is wrong. i had it over 2 years ago didn't have it not to long ago. other roles i had not to long ago i might have had long ago too.


And with asako I meant, james claims she's claiming vanilla when in fact she's clown, claiming vanilla D1 to avoid a D1 lynch, to later on "make mistakes" so that we become sus of her and lynch her. Thus he's making people weary to vote her in the following days, so she'd get a free pass until the real clown is night killed or reaches his deadline and dies. After that point she'd be sus again to either be scum from the start or traitor (also possibly recruited by then). So even if she's playing that card, she'd still be on the sus list once the real clown is out of the game.

But I feel James is rushing to conclusions, especially that Farf and Tatsu also mentioned passive role. Also she already has DD's vote.
Another thing I don't like tho is Gry already voted James, and Sam voted James on the basis that his theory about asako is far fetched.

So in the end it seems to me that Sam is protecting Asako, and maybe james is onto something? not sure tho'
I do agree with James that vanilla role should be kept to "inactive", even tho I know in the past I have claimed vanilla townie straight up the bat. It would make more sense to be mysterious to maybe die for a good cause (instead of a good role dying), but then again it also keeps you sus in every townie's eyes o.o complicated game.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


Bro what are you smoking
You want me to fake a role and then screw up townie later on with what ever fake i claim ?
The way i see it vanilla should claim that they vanilla fast and not late game as that extremely sus as that when mafia have a clear view of what roles there is in game so they know what goes with the game to fake claim
That's why the earlier the better when you're townie, plus you need to avoid as townie getting mislynched because you claim vanilla late
So why sit on your claim, claim it as soon as possible for the majority
I won't fake claim an other role when im vanilla unless i have a role that is worth baiting with (bomb/ bp etc...)
Don't make choas when it's unnecessary


Plus you shouldn't want to be killed as vanilla, in case you're sleeper
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Yo there only you and me being vanilla currently
Plus you already played small games that had so many vanilla and now you say this when there two of us currently ???
so wojak is vanilla 2?
+ farf and tatsu passive claims....
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,206
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
@Kiki I m Kiiiiiikiiiiiiiiiiiii you imposter !




I'm neutral about my role , I dont dislike it but it might be totally useless :arf
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

for now casting my vote as a placeholder

Votekill Tatsumaki
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,206
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
To make it more objective: is it passive or active? What do you think of the new role and peoples claims
Asa claiming straight townie could be true but i don't like that move. as for other claims.

I wouldnt be surprised if at least one or 2 of the roles being updated are in the game, i believe if hosts insisted to mention them , its likely some of them are used in the game. In a game where theres already a Tp (Clown) confirmed it would make more sense to have assassin than serial killer given the size of the game, for the strongest scummy roles at least, possibly traitor too.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

as for other claims.
Half of my sentnce disappeared , I meant for other claims theres nothing special. With at minimum 2 scums parties in the game, it makes sense to have more active roles imo.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,692
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Ah you didnt address the part where I asked more about your role
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

This became a Koko VS James tale
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,206
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
I know I wont for know i will later
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@SirSamuel016 last time I saw you meticulously recording hints from everyone you were a horrible scum, are you a nice boy ?
 

wojak

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 2, 2022
Messages
25
Reaction score
1,068
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Yo there only you and me being vanilla currently
Plus you already played small games that had so many vanilla and now you say this when there two of us currently ???
That game had specific mechanic tho. And you were a scum that game who played vanilla perfectly. Made me forever sus of you
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Im gonna votekill wojak for now
Semedo inconsistent / off and had blend around to reply but didnt
Sankyu. You have a Friday night wojak playing. I am being much more active than my usual Friday self.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

votekill digitaldude

Nothing against you dude. Seems like a safe placeholder vote. Might change it before the day ends.
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,309
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
So it's because I'm just too good :bishie
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,331
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Updating Sam's list as we go.
1. Asako - Vanilla Claim (#21)
2. Baka - Active, had it not too long ago (#25)
3. Tatsu - Passive (#26)
4. James - Active (#28)
5. Faust - Active (#43)
6. Sirsamuel016 - Active (#50)
7. Farfalla - Passive (#56)
8. digitaldude - Active (#58)



Not sure I understood this part.

The other part is clear tho.
Seems activity is pretty low for a D1. Anyway I’m active as well
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,692
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Sankyu. You have a Friday night wojak playing. I am being much more active than my usual Friday self.
Nooooo don't get me wrong I do suspect you to an extent but I didnt play the last game, I'm working with what I get and I got info that didnt seem to go together while you were online and wouldnt reply to questioning

Idk I think high of you and get inquisitive about you. For the record, Ive been wrong and regretful about you in previous games, yup

With that comment on Koko's last performance I see better where you're coming from. Just out of curiosity: did the mech have anything to do with the vanillas?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top