Games Mafia Game 69 - Overlord - Postgame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
The sun rises on Nazarick, it was a cold day with icy wind howling outside, and the surviving members of The Tomb gathered once again around Lord Ainz. He had an important announcement to make.
They had found Pandora's Actor body, lifeless in the snow. No signs of violence were found.



James Rye
Doctor


What a terrible loss, everyone was already losing faith and even Lord Ainz, with all his might, looked kind of depressed with the news...










But... suddenly, the body raised on its own feet... (?)



"It was all an act guys" :kappa



What the..? How could this happen?! Albedo had checked the body and it was definitely dead! What's the meaning of this...



Oh my! Santa Claus has come!! He had been handing gifts secretly to all the members of Nazarick to cheer them up, and as a 5th gift he gave Pandora's actor a superprotection charm!


What a Christmas Miracle! \=3=/


THIRD PARTY WINS!!!





The Grynch

:lambirb


GrySun
Santa Claus



Congratulations and Merry Christmas everyone!!!

:confetti
 
Last edited:

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
Role list

  • @Asako as Brain Unglaus >>> Sane Apprentice >>> Becomes Detective in N2 >>> Lynched D3
  • @lindananahayashida as Cocytus >>> Mafia Detective
  • @Belserion as Sebas >>> Death Miller
  • @MarmaladeSky as Momon >>> Innocent Child >>> Lynched D2
  • @Seraph as Yuri Alpha >>> Spy >>> Daykilled D3
  • @James Rye as Pandora's Actor >>> Sane Doctor
  • @Takuan as Mare Bello Fiore >>> Hider
  • @GrySun as Lupus Regina Beta >>> Santa Claus >>> Winner!
  • @Crescent Jinx as Shalltear >>> Noble >>> Lynched D1
  • @Jammin as Hamsuke >>> Shapeshifter >>> Lynched D5
  • @Zasz as Aura Bello Fiore >>> Daytime Vigilante >>> Turns into Illusion in N3
  • @Juviii as Narberal Gamma >>> Mortician
  • @gnut as Gazef >>> Sane Doctor >>> Becomes Freeman in D3 >>> Killed N3
  • @desin24 as Shasuryu Shasha >>> Mafia Boss >>> Turns into Illusion in N2
  • @SonOfDaws as Entoma Vasilissa Zeta >>> Prostitute >>> Killed N1
  • @Gryffindor as Demiurge >>> Mafia Janitor >>> Turns into Illusion in N4
  • @revo as Climb >>> Mafia Gambler
  • @digitaldude as Solution Epsilon >>> Sane Detective >>> Killed N2
  • @Vandred as Jirnic >>> Insane Detective >>> Dies due to poison in N2
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
Ok guys, here are the Night Actions! o/

Night 1 Actions:

Vandred >>>>> Investigates Seraph >>>>> Guilty!
DD
>>>>> Investigates Jammin >>>>> Guilty!
Seraph
>>>>> Spies on Belserion >>>>> Gets Nothing
Gnut >>>>> Protects Belserion >>>>> Success!
James Rye
>>>>> Protects GrySun >>>>> Success!
Asako
>>>>> Learns from Vandred >>>>> Success!
GrySun
>>>>> Gives Gift #1 to Vandred >>>>> Success! Vandred is poisoned
Daws
>>>>> Blocks desin >>>>> Fails! due to 12% chance of fail on desin (lol)
Linda >>>>> Investigates DD >>>>> Success! Gets he's Det
Gryffindor
>>>>> Janitorizes Daws >>>>>> Success! Gets Daws' role.
Takuan
>>>>> Hides behind nobody
Jammin >>>>> Hides behind GrySun >>>>> Success! but doesn't kill him due to Doc's protection


Night 2 Actions:


Vandred >>>>> Investigates Asako >>>>> Guilty! (But dies due to poison)
DD >>>>> Investigates GrySun >>>>> Guilty! (But is killed by Janitor)
Takuan >>>>> Hides behind Zasz >>>>> Success!
Asako
>>>>> Learn from Vandred >>>>> Success! Thanks to 15% chance of assured success becomes Det.
Juviii >>>>> Checks Daws corpse >>>>> Success!
Seraph
>>>>> Spies on Asako >>>>> Success! Gets she targetted Van
Jammin >>>>> Hides behind Desin >>>>> Success! desin becomes an illusion.
James
>>>>> Protects gnut >>>>> Success!
Gry
>>>>> Sends Gift #2 to gnut >>>>> Success! gnut becomes Freeman :lambirb
gnut >>>>> Protects Jammin >>>>> Success!
Gryffindor
>>>>> Kills DD >>>>> Success! he gets his role.
Linda >>>>> Investigates Belserion >>>>> Success! Gets she's DM


Night 3 Actions:

Juviii >>>>> Checks Vandred's corpse >>>>> Success!
James Rye
>>>>>> Protects Takuan >>>>> Success!
Takuan
>>>>> Hides behind Linda >>>>> Fails! Hides behind Gryff's teammate!
Gry
>>>>> Gives Gift #3 Gryffindor >>>>> Success! His stats are reset to zero (heh)
Jammin >>>>> Hides behind Zasz >>>>> Success! Zasz becomes an Illusion.
Linda >>>>> Investigates Jammin >>>>> Success! Gets he's SS
Gryffindor
>>>>> Janitorizes gnut >>>>> Success! Gets his role and D4 is skipped


Night 4 Actions:

Juviii >>>>> Checks digitaldude's corpse >>>>> Success!
James Rye
>>>>> Protects Takuan >>>>> Success! (Good call)
Gry >>>>> Gives Gift #4 to linda >>>>> Success! She gets NVD
Jammin >>>>> Hides Behind Gryff >>>>> Success! He becomes an Illusion
Linda >>>>> Investigates James >>>>> Success! Gets he's Doc
Gryff >>>>> Janitorizes Takuan >>>>> Fails!
Takuan
>>>>>> Hides behind linda >>>>>> Fails! Hides behind Gryff's teammate!


Night 5 Actions

Juviii
>>>>> Checks desin's corpse >>>>> Success!
James Rye
>>>>> Protects Gry >>>>> Success!
Gry
>>>>> Gives Gift #5 to James >>>>> Success! Wins the game!
Linda
>>>>>> Investigates Gry >>>>> Success!
Revo
>>>>>> Kills James >>>>>> Fails thanks to the magic of xmas! =3=



Nice Trivia!:
  • James saved the Grynch on N1
  • Seraph was on point in almost all his deduction during DayPhases
  • DD investigated both TPs in two nights, shame he was caught first.
  • Gry betrays Van once more (even if he didn't know it...heh)

Also we were quite surprised with how underrated Agility was. It certainly had potential to change a lot of developments if more points were spent on it. Defense was good, but against strength users it was pretty much useless. :p
 

Crescent Jinx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
2,289
Reaction score
15,384
Gender
Female
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Do remember to write your games in schedule, so people don‘t cut into each other.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


Not in list :p So gotta talk to gnut about it.
Vandred is mod and a host of the game. :pout He didn’t write it. But even told you back in September or August on discord. :pout:pout:pout
--- Double Post Merged, ---
:pout Even Lambu knew about the game for a long time. And so did ES. All of you have mod powers in the mafia section and I don’t.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
:pout:pout:pout:pout:pout:pout
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,595
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Vandred is mod and a host of the game. :pout He didn’t write it. But even told you back in September or August on discord. :pout:pout:pout
--- Double Post Merged, ---
:pout Even Lambu knew about the game for a long time. And so did ES. All of you have mod powers in the mafia section and I don’t.
Everyone can tell they're thinking about it, why we made the schedule x.x Since it's kinda more official and up-front. But I'm sure gnut wouldn't mind letting you, best talk to him in PMs.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,595
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Vandred is mod and a host of the game. :pout He didn’t write it. But even told you back in September or August on discord. :pout:pout:pout
--- Double Post Merged, ---
:pout Even Lambu knew about the game for a long time. And so did ES. All of you have mod powers in the mafia section and I don’t.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
:pout:pout:pout:pout:pout:pout
Also, I just noticed we don't actually have a schedule for 2019 :XD So just made that.
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Yes but not in a schedule. We follow strict procedures around here :cop But nah, think it's fine. But make sure to write those in schedule now.
There was no schedule for 2019......
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,595
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
:?bunny So not suppose to go to a person with mod powers and saw you lurking on discord. Just sent you screen shots there :verily
Discord is not an official means of contacting me! :arf

Jk, tho I thought you still have mod powers here? You can add, or I can too.
 

Crescent Jinx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
2,289
Reaction score
15,384
Gender
Female
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Discord is not an official means of contacting me! :arf

Jk, tho I thought you still have mod powers here? You can add, or I can too.
Like Gary would let me keep mod powers! :arf:handgun Remember who killed me N1 in Panda’s game!
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I would have liked to use the fully fleshed out stats system I had put together for this game but as it happens, I was on a flight to Jakarta with my Laptop and hardrive below in the luggage hold so I had to sort of quickly give elu and lambu the gist of it and hope they could make something out of it. So glad the game went well. It gives off a homely vibe and is a great way to put a bow on 2018 Mafia on MH. I look forward to actually hosting some more in 2019 :XD
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
Im glad you all liked the game folks! :XD

The whole role list, save the Santa inclusion I suggested, was Elu's draft, so all props to her o/
Town was rather strong indeed, had they not been so bad with the lynches they had the greatest odds of winning with the "town friendly" TP's and a rather small, yet powerful, mafia.


The Santa's gifts, I decided to go with something different regarding its presents. I always thought it was very unfair to have a lame NVD as a typical Night 1 Gift... and show there's a Santa in game so soon, destroying his chances of going ninja into town :ninja

Thats why I gave Poison for N1, Role Change for N2 (gnut was notified about it, he just didn't know it happened due to Santa), Stats Reset for N3 and the shitty NVD for N4. That way the player has a strong-agressive set for the first nights, and a more defensive set for the later ones.
Im also one of those that think Santa should have the right of choosing his present. That way he isn't blind and can build his path more steadily, but thats an issue to discuss with the pure-bloods first :evil


The Shapeshifter, I thought it was approved for hosting so we didn't reveal anything for shock factor (we are glad we didn't) :p but yeah, we should have at least made an announcement, a mistake on our part.
We expected to explain the SS way sooner tho... How could we expect that not a single illusion would be touched till his death??!! :lambirb


As for the stats, there were no mixed builds as we wanted... It was all either "Full Def" or "Full Str" which made the Night actions usually stay the same :edu

Actually, the very first idea we came with for the Stat System was a Rock-Paper-Scissors thing (kind of like a FE game @GrySun :gent)
So Strength beats Defense, Defense beats Agility and Agility beats Strength. When we decided on the % route to make things easier, the core idea was still there.

No matter how much Agility you have Defense will nullify any action (even if it turns out to be Priority 1) while Strength would simply break through any Defense the other player has. Agility would make your actions happen before anyone else so, even if it makes you vulnerable, it can guarantee your action takes place over any other.

Just as an example. @revo had just 1 point in agility (3% rate) so the RNG failed, but had she succeeded she would have killed James before Gry delivers his present to him, which means the delivery would have failed. With a higher Agility stat on revo the game would have taken a whole different path :smoke


Then there's true badasses like @Belserion that didn't spend a single point through the whole game, but thats another story :hip
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Im glad you all liked the game folks! :XD

The whole role list, save the Santa inclusion I suggested, was Elu's draft, so all props to her o/
Town was rather strong indeed, had they not been so bad with the lynches they had the greatest odds of winning with the "town friendly" TP's and a rather small, yet powerful, mafia.


The Santa's gifts, I decided to go with something different regarding its presents. I always thought it was very unfair to have a lame NVD as a typical Night 1 Gift... and show there's a Santa in game so soon, destroying his chances of going ninja into town :ninja

Thats why I gave Poison for N1, Role Change for N2 (gnut was notified about it, he just didn't know it happened due to Santa), Stats Reset for N3 and the shitty NVD for N4. That way the player has a strong-agressive set for the first nights, and a more defensive set for the later ones.
Im also one of those that think Santa should have the right of choosing his present. That way he isn't blind and can build his path more steadily, but thats an issue to discuss with the pure-bloods first :evil


The Shapeshifter, I thought it was approved for hosting so we didn't reveal anything for shock factor (we are glad we didn't) :p but yeah, we should have at least made an announcement, a mistake on our part.
We expected to explain the SS way sooner tho... How could we expect that not a single illusion would be touched till his death??!! :lambirb


As for the stats, there were no mixed builds as we wanted... It was all either "Full Def" or "Full Str" which made the Night actions usually stay the same :edu

Actually, the very first idea we came with for the Stat System was a Rock-Paper-Scissors thing (kind of like a FE game @GrySun :gent)
So Strength beats Defense, Defense beats Agility and Agility beats Strength. When we decided on the % route to make things easier, the core idea was still there.

No matter how much Agility you have Defense will nullify any action (even if it turns out to be Priority 1) while Strength would simply break through any Defense the other player has. Agility would make your actions happen before anyone else so, even if it makes you vulnerable, it can guarantee your action takes place over any other.

Just as an example. @revo had just 1 point in agility (3% rate) so the RNG failed, but had she succeeded she would have killed James before Gry delivers his present to him, which means the delivery would have failed. With a higher Agility stat on revo the game would have taken a whole different path :smoke


Then there's true badasses like @Belserion that didn't spend a single point through the whole game, but thats another story :hip
I hate you more than Gry now that i know:-_-
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,595
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
save the Santa inclusion I suggested
:zomg

Now that‘s what I call christmas spirit! :lambirb *this needs an edit with a santa hat on @Purity of Magi

And love your thoughts on Santa and gifts, really well done and impressive. I remember wishing for a Freeman to die, and I made my very own Freeman :XD That was great. Tho I wish I knew who I was poisoning :emobirb

We expected to explain the SS way sooner tho... How could we expect that not a single illusion would be touched till his death??!! :lambirb
I actually didn‘t believe the death post at first, was all like „no way?“ thinking it was another troll reveal like Asako as Mentee or the like. Even if you put it in unannounced I‘d have never thought we‘d go so long without an illusion shattering.

That said, wasn‘t Jammin kinda close to winning too? He had 3 Illusions + himself, so maybe one more day and he‘d have the majority. Or does it also need the mafias all dead? Don‘t quite recall full win condition we determined. But I do like the role and am thinking of including into role list.

But you were the host that tested it, so you can give more thoughts on if you liked it, in what situations you‘d use or not use and whether you think passed testing(tho admittedly 2nd time it was in a game, but more ironed-out description now). And, how did you handle the night actions of SS? Which priority, hiding and killing separate? Think we maybe defined it in the role description but don‘t have it in memory atm.

No matter how much Agility you have Defense will nullify any action (even if it turns out to be Priority 1) while Strength would simply break through any Defense the other player has. Agility would make your actions happen before anyone else so, even if it makes you vulnerable, it can guarantee your action takes place over any other.

Just as an example. @revo had just 1 point in agility (3% rate) so the RNG failed, but had she succeeded she would have killed James before Gry delivers his present to him, which means the delivery would have failed. With a higher Agility stat on revo the game would have taken a whole different path :smoke
Thought Agility to be underwhelming, but maybe just for Santa. That does sound like it could‘ve changed the game a lot. I feel like, if I was mafia I‘d have had my boys all max a different stat. Which one did most players go with?

Then there's true badasses like @Belserion that didn't spend a single point through the whole game, but thats another story :hip
@Belserion playing on hardest difficulty, #respect
 

lindananahayashida

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 5, 2018
Messages
1,110
Reaction score
1,737
Age
27
Country
Bangladesh
Some strange fate :feelsbadman You killed me when I tried to Mason recruit you, but I killed you accidentally more often. The Mentor time, the BK reveal(tho there were 5 names and 2 SKs among those so you didn’t need to give up :XD) and this game. Don’t recall more times :hmm
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


I learned the hard way that claiming early doesn’t count worth anything. People can and will still distrust and lynch you later. So why should I rush my claim? Let the cute townies claim first :lambirb Juviii did screw up a bit, should‘ve pushed for reveals before claiming stuff like Prostitute, Spy or Mortician, as those particularly find lies.
--- Double Post Merged, ---


James had me protected anyway, as I thought he would protect his Bodyguard :XD Unless you or revo had Str stats?

Hosts would also be nice to know people‘s stats distribution, and how points could be earned.
I think I could've eliminated you. As for my points, (Strength - 11 • Agility - 4 • Defense - 0) :amuse

Tbh, if juvii wasn't a mortician it would've been better! That role is dangerous when the game reaches the end (I think?):rolleyes:
 

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 17, 2012
Messages
7,072
Reaction score
5,797
Country
Marine Headquarters
Hey, we didn't want for Mafia to win this and in fact it didnt.
We should be happy. :kappa
Btw, so much love for me in this game.....or hate, it depends on the people involved in this game after all. :kappa
 

Elusia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2017
Messages
1,766
Reaction score
11,568
Country
Philippines
Sorry for the rather late long post. After the fifth day results, I had to rest for a while. This game was very draining, taking up most of my time and messing up of my already messy sleep schedule. But, I am very happy that it was successful in the end. Seeing that people enjoy the game is just what I needed to hear. Though, calling it one of the best games you guys have in a while is very overwhelming:sweat

I wanted to co-host first before becoming the main one, so doing it as a kind of main host was shocking, but I did the best I can. Before that, Spirit wanted me to do the role list. The idea is that I wanted to do a full strong town vs strong mafia vs Shapeshifter, which in my eyes the best and powerful candidate of all TPs. I wanted to see how every roles work off each other and how each one would contribute in defeating their opponents. It was almost balanced, so me and Lambu had to adjust it, the most notable one is the inclusion of Santa.

As for the Stat Mechanics, I wanted to say few things. First, I was honestly surprised that people paid alot of attention to it without mentioning the last rule, which is one of the reasons why the mafia and tps had an advantage against townies despite having powerful rosters. There were three overall objectives: three points to those who lynch a tp, an extra point for the mafia team for a successful townie lynch, and a free point for tp for a successful night action, So basically, the townies have dug their own graves :lmao

While there was not one player who made an ideal stat, the Mafia team were pretty close. The best ones for me were either Gryff, revo or linda for having a great mix between two to three good stats. There are few players who had good stats as well, like Asako, but not as great as those three, and the rest were just going for one single stat. For that, you guys deserve a big clap :clap
And if you guys wanna see the stats of all the players, just ask me or Lambu o/

Lastly, and this is just a small rant, I was salty that Bel didn't use her points, to the point where I mention it in the pad once in a while where me and Lambu talk about the game as hosts. But oh well :XD

I want to thank Spirit for giving me an opportunity to be a host, Lambu for helping me out a lot considering we either haven't caught up on Overlord or not even gonna bother watching it, and everyone for the wonderful game. It helped me a lot in learning on how to be a good host and be a better one in future games, and I hope we get more awesome games!

Merry Christmas everyone and happy holidays!
:confetti
 
Last edited:

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,595
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Lastly, and this is just a small rant, I was salty that Bel didn't use her points, to the point where I mention it in the pad once in a while where me and Lambu talk about the game as hosts. But oh well :XD
Something you‘ll need to learn to accept as host, is that players won‘t do what you want/expect them to :XD A well planned role list can shatter just by some forgetting to do night actions or other silly things. Can never predict how these games go.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top