Games Mafia Game 92 - Kingdom Rush - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,677
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Otherwise, I really think there was no need for mafia to surrender. They still had the Pit of Fire map to make one night kill unpreventable, Restless Spirit and Dodger roles to counter town's R. Spirit and Dodgers, and a Robber with an anonymous vote to reach voting parity with town. At the very least they could have reached a state where a cointoss decides the winner. A shame they didn't feel like fighting it out, but this too is a way to go out on your own terms I suppose.

Some interesting/funny things that happened:
  • sakura had 7 votes during D2, Evil had 1. Evil was lynched at the end of the day.
  • DD had 8 votes during D3. Ended up having only 1 vote at the end of the day.
  • desin(Paranoid Spy) had a 7% chance to get the correct target of Evil(for one of his actions) and he did, which in large caused Evil's downfall.
  • desin again got Daws name for sakura's action next night, and Daws just happens to have been killed that night. If not for Fungal Wastes sakura could've even been the lynch at some point.
  • Evil would've exploded on Pompom(Mafia Det) when lynched if not for him upgrading into choosing who dies, and he picks the Doctor. So the upgrade actively made things worse.
  • Farf lying about poisoning Panda, I can't believe both mafias immediately believed her bluff. Impressive, leading mafia to panic and reveal publicly more information about which one of them had the voting powers.
  • Tatsu won both her cointoss to investigate Pom, and Pom failed her cointoss to Dodge Tatsu, for a clean Guilty result.
  • Robber was finally useful.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I played amazing fug you gry.
Still haven't completed your condition to lynch 1 mafia :rolleyes:
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,539
Reaction score
21,812
Gender
Female
Country
China
It wasn't because of that; it was because you said politician expires tomorrow, thus our fighting chance was gone. Once ano power was used it was owari da
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,677
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
"all others" :)))
Day 2 you were a mess, confessing to be mafia, and got in a spat with another townie that would've followed with another townie being lynched Day 3 if not for James bailing town out. That alone is a big detriment in a small game. Never got your conditions nor upgrades either, not accomplished anything with the Necro role.
But otherwise you tried hard and gave it your best so there is that.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Robber was really scary this game. If they had kept going and robber succeeded in getting a vote due a kill then Mafia would have won for sure.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,677
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
It wasn't because of that; it was because you said politician expires tomorrow, thus our fighting chance was gone. Once ano power was used it was owari da
I wrote you out an example of a win condition, was still very winnable even without Politician power. You gave up because you wanted to, not because there were no ways to go.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

It also helps to read the opening post and PM text that says how everything works before messing it up but that's beside the point.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I am disappointed game ended in a surrender, but I still had a lot of fun with the game regardless. Probably the most work I ever put into hosting a mafia game(preparation was immense). Don't see myself hosting again anytime soon unless it's a simple game. Even did my own avis to not always ask Farfalla, learning some photoshopping along the way. Of course she still does it a lot better.
Theme is a phone game I like a lot, a series of 4 games actually. They're very fun and the best tower defense one can play imo. First game is even free on all devices.

Big thanks to @Hardy for being a consultant in helping me see things I'd miss in the preparation phase, and for being a person to ask on how to resolve certain unknown aspects like punishing rule breaks by some players.

Thanks to everyone for playing and I hope it was a fun game. 🙏
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,719
Reaction score
61,446
Gender
Male
Country
France
As for how the game went... Well, I did expect the game to be more fast paced. With only 15 players and everyone being a strong role+upgrades/powers it was all about how well every team does their decisions. I expected mafia to go for a quick-kill of sorts, where they outpower town as fast as possible. Instead they went a slow route without a clear winning condition in mind.

Overall both teams played bad. Mafia didn't take enough advantage of all their tools. The D1 pad to talk live during the first day wasn't used to help with setting up any plays nor to even save another in a pinch. Map picks weren't the greatest as they couldn't leverage any substantial lead with their choices. Surprised they picked Fungal Forest that confirms a townie/mafia, when the alternative is to... just leave it last and never pick it, and have game finish before then. The hidden roles by Dunes were a two-sided blade which they cut themselves with, for example Lawl was a big "defender" of Evil3ye(the mafia in many eyes) which likely played a part in the vigilante shooting him and not digitaldude or someone else. They also were seemingly always behind town in terms of understanding the rules and mechanics which didn't help with the planning.
They didn't fulfill most of their conditions and had no Gold for nearly the entire game. Not even their night actions helped them much as they kill a Death Miller and somewhat fail investigating as well.

They did very well with Sickly and with Robber Anonymous vote, and also did well to stay trusted(2 of them at least), but the claims of the last 2 members cut into each other too much. They had the option of using Icewind Pass to find all townie roles and make up perfect covers for themselves but decided not to. I am unsure why they wanted Evil dead instead of sakura on D2, but they did rather well on the days.

Town... I'd like to say they played well, but were also not good. D1 mafia lynch can be more creditted to mafia letting it happen. D2 was a disaster with the sakura-Evil-Paranoid Spy combo. D3 was going to be an even bigger disaster if not for James saving town with his shot, showing everyone that Evil was town. D2 and especially D3 were only possible due to extreme tunnel-vision, nobody entertaining the thought that Evil was town would cause further mislynches down the road.
James did really well with his shot and Farfalla was quite on point(except for also getting caught up in the Evil-DD thing). Tatsu was doing well on Detective, and her merely getting one result caused mafia to surrender which is... impressive.

All others surely know what they did wrong and could improve on, I hope.
I died too fast...
 

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,926
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
Aaah, it's really over. Thank you @GrySun for hosting this game! I really like the effort you've put into making the mechanics, it's seriously a pretty cool system.

And to my dear mafia team, I'm sorry I died so early and couldn't really be useful. It was fun playing with you guys while it lasted, really thought you guys were a nice team to have :blush
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Day 2 you were a mess, confessing to be mafia, and got in a spat with another townie that would've followed with another townie being lynched Day 3 if not for James bailing town out. That alone is a big detriment in a small game. Never got your conditions nor upgrades either, not accomplished anything with the Necro role.
But otherwise you tried hard and gave it your best so there is that.
Yeah never got my gold because I refused to go on a lynch train. I only voted for who I truly believed was deserving of it.

My first condition was using necro 2 times, first lynch was mafia, second i used hoe, third night I used doc, hoe is that my fault that my second use came on N3 since I'd only get the money the next night. I had to buy at least dodger N2 to try at least to dodge a possible attack.

Secondly who kept saying that pom is fishy since the start of D2, who kept saying that Holt is a mistake.

As for the necro role, is it my fault first lynch was mafia and had nothing to use? How was me blocking Pompon a bad decision? I had to make a choice, she was the most sus to me, I acted on it. And is it my fault that my actions failed when I protected Tatsumaki with doc?
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,677
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Yeah never got my gold because I refused to go on a lynch train. I only voted for who I truly believed was deserving of it.

My first condition was using necro 2 times, first lynch was mafia, second i used hoe, third night I used doc, hoe is that my fault that my second use came on N3 since I'd only get the money the next night. I had to buy at least dodger N2 to try at least to dodge a possible attack.

Secondly who kept saying that pom is fishy since the start of D2, who kept saying that Holt is a mistake.

As for the necro role, is it my fault first lynch was mafia and had nothing to use? How was me blocking Pompon a bad decision? I had to make a choice, she was the most sus to me, I acted on it. And is it my fault that my actions failed when I protected Tatsumaki with doc?
You can say "X is mafia" for every player during the game, what matters is that in the end you voted 2 out of 3 days for Evil and the 3rd one started voting and distrusting DD. That playing alone would lose the game without James. You even caused Holt's lynch by telling everyone to lock Holt to save Panda...

Remember the actions that mattered, that led to people dying. Don't remember mistrusting a mafia somewhere D1.
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Miss, you voted Pandu and regretted it lmao, told people we shouldn't lynch a possible doc.
you were the one who put doubt in my mind, forgot that? :))) "why did you follow me, I'm not sure aaaa"
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,692
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Not that it matters, but this was the correct sequence:
Safest choice of be Holt cause of roles, so in case Pandu is legit Tatsu/Des can be protected. So yeah I rly don't want people to follow my reasoning alone... 'cause if this is a fuck up, it's gonna be a big one...
I don't think we have 2 sane docs (remember daws was doc and had option to verify sanity and he did and was sane)
so i think you already dead copan :( checked the votes

TATSU COPAN DD AND DESIN PLS VOTE POM!!!

holt me and farf locked on copan and I think it's a mistakeeeeeee. Pom will deff snipe copan and there's that second anon vote.....
and holt holt vote for pom too
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



ah yea, good
noo copan jesus, you need to have an unified vote otherwise you die, you already have 4 locked votes on you
Idk, I don't even know why you followed my vote then, Sakura.

You guys play safe and lynch Holt then, even tho I still think it's Pandu or Bia.
Like I was discussing with Pandu and you started to insist in saving him, why I asked you why did you vote for him in the end. You were pro voting him, then changed it during our discussion, I only said wtv later but insisted my pick would be lynching Pandu over Holt, even if that wasn't the safest route.
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
yes first comment "safest lynch"

and then there were other comments, not only from you

I'm aware that "ikd why you followed me came last" but it was the only wording i remembered (and not even exactly)
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,539
Reaction score
21,812
Gender
Female
Country
China
tbh killing holt was the right decision, 5/4 would lynch again
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,692
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Ah, sure then, I guess.


I think it's worth mentioning Des deserves credits as well, many times we were eager to press on more "certain" routes, and he was the person to raise questions and make us review our thoughts. Like, as the Spy, he was still giving the benefit of the doubt to Evil, and when we just wanted to be done lynching DD, he was the most insistent one on why were we leaving the shot for the next day. I personally hadn't seen the benefit in shooting someone already, forgot the shot wouldn't happen at the end of the day (like a Prosecutor), so I think his interventions were quite relevant, and had we listened to him more, other mistakes could have been prevented.
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
and I wasn't the only one thinking a possible doc lynch would be worse than a hider...
 

desin24

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2013
Messages
1,415
Reaction score
5,425
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
Thanks @GrySun for a very interesting set-up. Kinda sad that mafia gave up. Guess they needed some of our Yugioh Mafia peptalk but not even that was enough. As with every mafia game some luck on town side countered by bad townie moves while mafia got hit early on with losing their most valuable role.

Ah, sure then, I guess.


I think it's worth mentioning Des deserves credits as well, many times we were eager to press on more "certain" routes, and he was the person to raise questions and make us review our thoughts. Like, as the Spy, he was still giving the benefit of the doubt to Evil, and when we just wanted to be done lynching DD, he was the most insistent one on why were we leaving the shot for the next day. I personally hadn't seen the benefit in shooting someone already, forgot the shot wouldn't happen at the end of the day (like a Prosecutor), so I think his interventions were quite relevant, and had we listened to him more, other mistakes could have been prevented.
I wish I had chosen Panda with my last vote but playing it safe still got us the Win. Guess I take enough risks already so that my tolerance was lowered for this game. I'm always glad to have you on townie side and actually live long enough to play.

@sakura-aneki your passion certainly fits your name. Sometimes a bit frustrating but also entertaining and we got the W in the end which is what matters.

@Mafia Ya'll need more bloodlust. Kill until the end. No shame going down with as much blood on your hands as possible.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top