Games - Mafia Game 94 - Magi: The Crests of Magic - END GAME | Page 176 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Mafia Game 94 - Magi: The Crests of Magic - END GAME

Who do you consider the MVP of this game?

• Holt

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • + Holt

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • - Holt

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • -/+ Holt

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • GrySun

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Belserion

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Erinwet

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Hardy

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Evil3ye

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Pando

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Boobyfosh

• Haya-san

• Margi

• Desin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scary Sakura

• Hermit

• Seraph

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Seiko

• Marma

• Distrustedspeed

• DD

• Pompom-chan

• Jinx

• Big nose shinobi

• James

• Shobu Oak

• Equaling Hell

• Asako and Threeson

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Equaling Heaven

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Why can't pick demon for MVP?

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Joker
cuz she on the bums team: orange
Idk scav, I can't find any proper response to that, It's not like i'm making detailed post for how each player played. It's just my personal views and it's obviously biased, I have made that clear the last time.

But again!, you implying that the orange mafia were bums hence farf played bad, So you are saying my mentions weren't MVPs and farf should be there :cop

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
But again!, you implying that the orange mafia were bums hence farf played bad, So you are saying my mentions weren't MVPs and farf should be there :cop
that's a reach, i didn't say anything :hmph

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
So a proper finishing post is in order. Thank you @Purity of Magi for game, I really enjoyed it. Pass on my thanks to your helpers too for helping you a little.

I had a lot of fun with the game, good contender for best game of the year imo. I don‘t feel like I played well though. Spent all game cosplaying a Freeman to bait a kill, but that‘s about all I accomplished. Was very wrong on many lynches and suspects, hell I‘d have lynched shinobi over Hermit and Evil probably if it got to it.

Also feel like this should not have been a town win. Not saying town doesn’t deserve it, because there were some great town plays. Just that in most cases a 2v1v1 would end with either scum‘s win, I didn‘t expect Hermit to actually try killing Seraph at night. So it‘s short of a miracle with lots of luck that town could win despite letting it get to that point numbers-wise.

Yellow played a great game. Reds were very unfortunate, and oranges were semi-unlucky. Town had like no good roles or MVs and still did really well both in role use of what little we had + lynched. So gj team.

Balance-wise, uh.. You should know my thoughts on large games with many killing parties. It all depends on who kills who at night, so it‘s impossible to balance these games. Pretty much any team can be eliminated by D3 on misfortune alone. It also feels like town had pretty weak roles, and not all mafia teams were created equal either. I‘d have maybe given each mafia team a Noble to help preserve their small numbers and remove the Sleeper/Traitor/whatever Brandish was.

Regarding the mechanic, being a Magi is pretty lackluster. The boost by 1 step is very minimal so it only matters for few roles and even then it makes it a cointoss. Magi being a supportive role is good, but there is certainly a better way than the boost as it was. Like make a player unblockable? Unkillable? Something more significant.

Metal Vessels system sounded interesting but don‘t have any experience with them. Townie ones felt pretty weak but we only had 3. Dungeons system was good(liked that it didn‘t need a talking-pad to work) but feels like the numbers drop pretty fast to 3-each, and at that point the Magi 2x vote value is also not very relevant.

Only got 4 mentions left so shoutouts to:

@Erinyes great town play, great use of Police Officer, great voting. Overall amazing.

@Seraph idc what others say, you played this pretty well. Looking like town the most among yourself and 2 other town goi is no small feat. Idk exactly why we searched so hard for orange goi to the point we mislynched twice at the end, but that was a disaster. Tell me, did you intentionally not go for vessels? What was your plan as a goi?

@Evil3ye you annoyed me a lot and I kept thinking you were scum but never actually voted you. At the end I even started doubting myself thinking you were town and final two were shinobi and Hermit(and their bickering at day is a strat). Pretty good mafia play dancing on the line of town and scum enough to neither be nightkilled nor a priority lynch. Way to play multi-scum setups as scum.
Honorable mention to Hardy being super trustworthy but that being a flaw in such games with getting killed, and Hermit for sounding super genuine. Just that Psychiatrist eventually became a dead-end claim with no secondary roles being apparent ingame.

@MarmaladeSky I think you were the Doctor that prevented a couple kills? Great targetting but I still don‘t get why they picked you out for a kill.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also props to @MArGi and @Haya-san for being pretty good convincing players for their first game. Haya I didn‘t doubt a single time, Margi I lost faith in later on but that was more my bad evaluation. Hope you two had fun and play again sometime when the timeframe+theme and whatnot aligns. Don‘t mind if I tag you at times to let you know of a new game, or alternatively follow this thread here to get notified of any new games.

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
@copan omo thank you copan-san for so bravely sacrificing yourself at the very beginning of the game and powering me up so that I could shine with the radiance of six whole suns when I made my amazing comeback as Jesus and saved the game
aigoo ofc gry you're welcome np

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
What does the rukh stuff even do? 🤔
no idea, I just gave you my power hoping it would make a difference :lmao

apparently my wish made you jesus? the hosts will have to elaborate on this hidden mechanic later

Equaling Heaven

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
The hosts gave info on how the rukh works via PM. Dunno if we can post it here tho

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
no idea, I just gave you my power hoping it would make a difference :lmao

apparently my wish made you jesus? the hosts will have to elaborate on this hidden mechanic later
I started the game as Jesus though, before you died.

Equaling Heaven

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Ok basically as dead we could use our rukh to either boost or cripple a living player.

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
@Seraph idc what others say, you played this pretty well. Looking like town the most among yourself and 2 other town goi is no small feat. Idk exactly why we searched so hard for orange goi to the point we mislynched twice at the end, but that was a disaster. Tell me, did you intentionally not go for vessels? What was your plan as a goi?
Appreciate the compliment Gry, i tried my best. As for my strategy, i gotta admit one half of it was purely improvised and the other was inspired by what the Team and i had been discussing in the few moments and nights we spent together. The idea was to have Shobu do his investigations, give Farf-Senpai freedom of choice as to when to do her kills. Either at Day or at Night, we'd simply follow along with the call, and honestly she made really good calls. Brandish's very early recruiting was proof of that. My role to play was to continously visit Dungeons and try to gain a useful Vessel, the only time when i would've not been "allowed" to enter Dungeons would've been when the entire team has died. It wasn't a lie when i said that starting N2 onwards i kept visiting Dungeons to gain a vessel, the only reason i couldn't get one until N4 or N5(Not sure, would have to check back) was because i lost in votes to others or when i gave it away to Hardy. I believed Hardy to be town, so in order to try and strengthen my Townie image i handed him a vote and apparently the Vessel along with it. When i finally had a vessel my entire team had already passed away, so the only way i could think of to try and stay alive longer inspite of the other Mafia/s and the Townies sitting in my neck was to lie about my Vessel. Or well, not entirely, i only lied about my Vessel and Extreme Magic. I told everyone that my Vessel Ability is Bulletproof and the EM is Mafia Doctor, it was the reverse in reality though. I had equipped my Vessel with the M.Doc ability but never actually charged it for the Bulletproof, i banked on the other Mafias taking that lie and leaving me alone in case they wanna kill me at night. The rest was "simply" me trying to side with Town on everything they did and felt was right.

Restless Spirit Demon handed me a golden oppurtunity for that when he came back from death to vote his fellow Townie, if even the dead guy thinks that Margi must be lynched then who am i to disagree with that right? And so it went.

Shobu_Yoruichi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Chile
Before the thread is closed, gotta post some thoughts.

First of all, this game was pretty long xD tLPtPW people were a bit a jealous about the attention displayed here :p As always, it's great to see most people had a good time. I had a good time too! @SonOfDaws @Asako @Purity of Magi thank you so much guys! Couldn't last enough to try your entire set of mechanics for this game :XD died waiting for it, but don't regret doing so, because i had a great team!

@Brandish μ a pleasure playing with you, man! I laughed many times about the irony that we have opposite time zones and tried to stay for the night chat xD @Farfalla and @Seraph thank you for your guidance, you helped me to really enjoy the game. Trying the hardest to not look sus but failing miserably to do so xDD Sorry! Congratulations Sera for reaching the end, man! You make us proud x3

At least i played one day more than last time :hee happy about it.

Once again, i really liked the theme, the hostS, my team, and being mafia again too! I love playing knowing i can kill you guys :dancin

Also @Crescent Jinx thanks for your comments, i take them as advices :thumbs hope i can play with you as a team in another game.

Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.