Games Mafia Game 97 - Omoneko: Answer Arc - End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,535
Reaction score
21,783
Gender
Female
Country
China
Last edited:

Maryxxi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 3, 2021
Messages
12
Reaction score
766
Age
26
Country
Morocco
we weren't sure if you were tp or not and also we were afraid to recruit half of you so we won't pop you D:

Although we might have suggested in the pad to Haya to try to recruit DD to test out if we can pop him or not :hurr
Sorry DD #
can't blame u for suspecting me. after gajeel flipped as pgo AND serial killer, anyone could be scum xD

Who knows mary, maybe the faith will bring us as lovers next time° That would be fun
AAAAAAAAAA :shynerv
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,646
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
So this is really it? No hidden Lover shenanigans? Town actually won? Unbelievable.

My one big wish/advice to all townies that played and will play in the future: never forget to vote! Or not make use of both your votes. We get 1 vote and 1 votechange, instead of doing your 1 vote near the end, why not do it in first half of the day and then use your votechange after? There are no downsides and plenty of upsides: you won't get penalties for not having voted, + you can actually use your vote as a pressure tool early to see how which players react to votes being cast. For example, if there is a lead in votes on a person early it gives mafia more time to try and save them if they're a teammate, thus slipping up more, which happens less often if it's a lynch out of nowhere.

Though I have to say that we would've 100% lost if not for Sakura/Evil3ye/Gajeel spilling the beans regarding Vandred . Legitimately nobody distrusted him, both of the living and the dead. Had they not shared their info about him and remained neutral it would've been a mafia win.

Town in general did pretty well I'd say, with many of the lynches, but it all feels a bit shallow with the mafia infighting(what ever happened with that team?) and with Vandred the hidden Traitor being revealed by dead third parties that were already out of the game. I still think that dead TPs should just be dead, should never have been added to Golden Land as they cannot win anymore and then just pick favorites for the win.

Still think some lynched like the Daws one should've never been allowed to happen and far too many townies were on the sidelines and letting it happen. Heaven's lynch was also really careless, not funneling more of people's votes on Gajeel in case of Illusions.

@Equaling Heaven why did you shatter me right after the day when I said I was a likely Illusion? :arf Most of the dead players were surprised you died as townie even. That not voting vs Bomb would've been your lynch like 9 games out of 10. Great hunch on him being Bomb but looks really scummy to everyone else.

@Erinyes smart idea to pretend to be an Illusion imo, but you need a backup plan and reasoning for townies not to lynch you. Nobody would believe a "Didn't PM thinking I was dead" as shown ingame, if the suspicion on you rises too much then imo it's best to be frank and admit to your scheme. Could even get you trusted by others more.

For me the MVP this game was @Nii. Confirmed me when I was very untrusted, actually used the Det I had properly and got results and thus nicely confirmed 2 townies that were both possible mislynches. Technically 3 if counting Erin, had they trusted her and the results more.

Thanks for the fun game @Copy Panda @Purity of Magi @GB @revo, I actually liked the mechanic with Illusion as it was pretty simple while still changing the usual gamestate by a lot. Though unfortunately it leads to a lot of confusion due to lack of info, making some roles stronger than usual and many worse than usual.
Golden Land was an interesting extra that ties into the Illusion mechanic pretty well, but has several flaws that could be changed. Rules were not very clear on how and when the voting happens, the extra needed confirmations were unnecessarily strict when the decision was already clearly made. Would also prefer making the voting Day or Night only instead of letting Day people "steal" it from the Night ones. Maybe even go full crazy and have a voting for both day and night, giving twice as much Golden Land input. I would also make it "end" eventually, like the Signs in Saint Seiya, rather than still being a thing in Days 10+.

Not sure about sanities and all to say much about the balance. All I can say with certainty is that instead of 2 lover pairs would've been better to have 1 lover pair with a Threesome. Keeps town numbers the same while giving mafia 1 more normal member and lovers more realistic win chances. May need some other tweaking then though.

And you saw my thoughts in deadpad but it should never be allowed to subvert rules unknowingly to the players. Boss+Mason and SK+PGO cannot be in a game without explicitly told in a mechanic, it's simply rule breaking when there are better alternatives for everyone involved.
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
I.m sorry, why am i first on that list.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Ah yes @Nii Also o my mvp!!! Played rly well, hope he.ll play more
 
  • Hug
Reactions: Nii

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,464
Country
Fun Forum
Though I have to say that we would've 100% lost if not for Sakura/Evil3ye/Gajeel spilling the beans regarding Vandred . Legitimately nobody distrusted him, both of the living and the dead. Had they not shared their info about him and remained neutral it would've been a mafia win.

Town in general did pretty well I'd say, with many of the lynches, but it all feels a bit shallow with the mafia infighting(what ever happened with that team?) and with Vandred the hidden Traitor being revealed by dead third parties that were already out of the game. I still think that dead TPs should just be dead, should never have been added to Golden Land as they cannot win anymore and then just pick favorites for the win.
What can I say that hasn't been said before. We had a short conversation about this as to what was our purpose in the GL even. Not being able to win ourselves we understood ourselves as king-makers. Briefly checking it with the hosts, the seeminly mutual understanding was that it's all fair game and we went for the team we thought deserved the win more. But apparently this was not the overall intention and we needed to convince some of the townies without literally saying that Vand could be a traitor to get their votes.

The mafia did not play a great game overall. Even without a lot of Lovers interventions in the beginning the pure-blooded mafias were killing each other off when there was no apparent reason to. Vandred was gifted with a very strong role and was recruited when there was no more danger for him, could have led him to win it for the team, but the mechanic is to watch the backs even for the deads, which let to our own demise and / or some possible spills there on Mafia's side.
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Yes, the mechanic was fun. I liked it. Wish I hadn't been host killed though :scry .

Maybe it's because I didn't go there but it didn't feel like Mafia used the GL mechanic as well as they could have?

If Hardy hadn't been Pro-Mafia post death I don't know what would have happened to us... Same for the lucky Van's recruitment.

Also one thing I am the curious about is @Erinyes's game plan? Most thought you were another TP. I don't understand what you were trying to do exactly.
YOU CALL THAT LUCK?!?!?! I CALL IT FATE :))) shit i don.t want always happens :)))
 

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
7,113
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Thank you hosts for the game, I genuinely loved everything about it. Wasn't even mad about the dual roles, it wasn't exactly legit like Gry said but I can see the rationale behind it. I could feel the host (and Demon's) pain of that hostkill especially given its circumstances, but I don't think it ended up negatively influencing the whole course of the game too much - unlike "that other thing" which I can feel even more. Everything else on your side was fantastic from start to finish for me. The mechanics were much more fun than I thought at the start, and having to take several layers into account at the same time was very stimulating for the side and role I was playing as. The brief interactions with the hosts in PMs or nightpads were spicy as always.

The surprise of seeing the previous game's "story" being revealed was something else, and I loved that idea you guys had. It was the perfect closure in my opinion, and remembering one of the craziest, memeful and most fun games I've played in kept putting a smile to my face and even felt a bit nostalgic at some points. On top of everything else, giving us closure about the most wanted night action list to date was an unexpected gift.

Congrats to everyone who struggled through the game, especially those who were wracking their brains until the end. Sorry if I caused you to lose your sanity (as I did) reading and rereading the claimed action lists (as I did) trying to figure out who was the last scum out of a list of only townies, but that's the mafia experience we all love, right? ...Right?

Thanks to whoever complimented me but I don't think I did anything spectacular, I had a very comfortable role combination and didn't exactly have to earn much trust, but it was a lot of fun to do my best especially trying to keep the act going post-recruitment. It was a long and tiring half of a month, but definitely something I don't regret taking part in, so thanks to everyone who was part of this huge game and contributed to making it such a memorable one.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,127
Reaction score
14,108
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I think making an enjoyable experience for so many people (that lasted so long) is nothing short of commendable, at the very least. People keep coming back for crazy unique experiences and Panda/Magi delivers.

Died early to a mistake, heavily influenced by the Frankenstein monster rules we have that are kept together by kindergarten glue while we keep adding shit on top to make them worse. Small ish mistake in the grand scheme of things, 30+ people game, moving on.

I don't think it ended up negatively influencing the whole course of the game too much - unlike "that other thing" which I can feel even more.
Is that thing you felt Lambu's ?👀

On top of everything else, giving us closure about the most wanted night action list to date was an unexpected gift.
I thought the night action list was a fake one as a joke to tease Gry though?
 
Last edited:

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,124
Reaction score
20,250
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Windred :soclose​

Mafia Game 97
FIN

Thanks for hosting @Purity of Magi @Copy Panda @GB @revo
Thanks for the discord tech support @Ēsu Taichou​

Okay time for some event ads/reminders

❓ Interview Game Organizized Edition - PM your True or False question to @Farfalla
🔝 Top Ten Game Interim Round 75: Video Game OST Composers - PM your list to @Farfalla and @MArGi!
🐑 Sheep Game #119 - PM your answers to @Copy Panda and @revo
🎨 MH Halloween Art Contest - Tarot Card Design (I'm assuming the deadline is extended since the thread is still open @MarmaladeSky)
 

Equaling Heaven

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2017
Messages
472
Reaction score
1,574
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I don't see how BP is so important
And I don't see why people left you alive after you said this but I'm not one to talk since I played like shit. Me stickin to you was of no value because it seems none else but @Hardy (i'm taggin you because i want this oikawa pic, would you send it to me?) got how your claim and justification for it felt scummy.


never forget to vote
I hate givin excuses but me not voting a second time was because i had to check the front door. When I came back i saw 3 min left but the counter was rising/adding. Didn't noticed the seconds.
My death due penalty was because i was afraid of on top of no contribution, kill a townie by changing to gaj in my last day alive... Would be a fatal blow.

Legitimately nobody distrusted him
Nah I did. He and James tried to kill me using shobu's 3 posts (three) as if it was reasoning enough to deem me scum. For real? A welcome, a random gibb and an emjo = "oh this person is scum"? Never trusted the guy. James was confirmed but shobu and van didn't had free pass.
But again ...

@Equaling Heaven why did you shatter me right after the day when I said I was a likely Illusion? :arf Most of the dead players were surprised you died as townie even. That not voting vs Bomb would've been your lynch like 9 games out of 10. Great hunch on him being Bomb but looks really scummy to everyone else.
​


i played like shit. I'm sorry for acting scummy and being a nuisance more then a helping hand. Wasn't my intention to divert attention from actual scum it's just that i got overloaded with all the accusations and the lack of both tools and infos to prove you guys should just ignore me and focus on the actual reds.


----------
My MVP would be @AwkwardMisha because even tho I had a few previous participations, for a first timer I loved your way of playing and participation in general. You honestly make me feel like I should warm the bench for a few rounds before I step in again and it's something I like.​
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,690
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Domo arigracias, @Copy Panda and @Purity of Magi for the game <3

No one beats you guys at delivering the thrills and creativity in every single detail of the game - it goes beyond mech and cosmetics, you guys think of every bit, with story setup and all the element people need to immerse and roleplay.

Having 31 people in your hands, you guys brought in a very interesting mech - to allow people to play further. When we antecipate a game for so long, nobody likes to be the first ones to leave it, so it was nice that we could still take part even after we were gone and have game relevance after we'd leave the game thread. The Shapeshifter role is still stupid, but its effects served the purpose very well. Maybe some people could say the game was too long, but with 31 players this was bound to happen, and the ones that reached the end of it (you guys are true fighters, honestly @Vandred @Holt @Maryxxi @Haya-san @AwkwardMisha @Mazino @digitaldude) were still very engaged, so that speaks against that argument as well.

Won't be mentioning and commenting on everyone 'cause time, just wanted to congratulate the ones that dedicated themselves until the very end - and that also includes people tuned in the Deadpad, keeping it lively in the other end - even with complaints *wink wink*, those all demonstrate interest in the game, and is a form of appreciation and celebrating all the time and effort the hosts put into this.

So cheers, fam o/ It's always great to reunite with you all in our monthly brain meltdown~
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I forgot @revo ç.ç Perdon, soy una pelotuda, pero puedes jugar con ellas <3
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Only shame is how much the game activity nosedived in the last couple days. We didn't even broke 200 pages before game ended. :c

Thinking about changing the Mafia Sniper into a Sniper Hitman third party role who's shtick is to have untraceable kills because of the distance he is shooting from, besides being a strongman as long as he names the correct role of his target. What you guys think about that kind of TP role?
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,127
Reaction score
14,108
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Only shame is how much the game activity nosedived in the last couple days. We didn't even broke 200 pages before game ended. :c

Thinking about changing the Mafia Sniper into a Sniper Hitman third party role who's shtick is to have untraceable kills because of the distance he is shooting from, besides being a strongman as long as he names the correct role of his target. What you guys think about that kind of TP role?
The straightforward answer is that there's quite a burn out for role addition and we have a ton of variety already (too much, even). It's a much bigger priority to fix the set of rules we have, review interactions and even balance stuff.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
The straightforward answer is that there's quite a burn out for role addition and we have a ton of variety already (too much, even). It's a much bigger priority to fix the set of rules we have, review interactions and even balance stuff.
Well, we could cut quite a few roles by making sanity a 2nd role, leaving sane out entirely as then the regular role without an insane, naive or paranoid one would be considered "sane", this way the psy doc role would also increase in value.
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
Late to the party, but really cool game with interesting mechanic. It made the game unpredictable yet not too crazy which is great. Would love to see it in a smaller game with a few tweaks. :nod

As for the rule breaking, Gry said all that had to be said and I hope its remembered.

As for the game itself, a fitting finale for such a massive crossfire of allegiances lmao. Kind of wanted the Windred to happen but town suffered their own lot to get the win too so congrats! :gent

Wish I could have played longer after so long tho, f**k you @Gajeel... :lambirb:handgun
Thanks hosts for making the game possible and holding it for such a long time. Enjoy a well deserved rest.

Till next time! o/
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,331
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Well everyone has said what needs to be said already. This was a great game honestly. The role suggestions were “hmm” but in their own way, they added to the fun of the game. It’s been a while since I genuinely look forward to the start/end of each phase to know if we solved a bit more of the puzzle or were getting further from the truth. So thanks to the hosts for making a pretty memorable game.

For those commending my play, I appreciate it because I was wrong about a lot especially in the early stages 😅. Made me even less confident about calls with each passing day but I’m glad I picked up a bit in the latter stages.

Joining Haya and Misha was one of the best things for me in this game. Interacting with Misha was really nice. I kept forgetting she’s new. I’d definitely love to team up again in the future (even as scum).

Van honestly, although I anticipated a traitor, I was fairly confident it wasn’t you or Haya. We definitely would have lost because the only person I wouldn’t have lynched before you was Haya. You might have had the role advantage but you did really good to still get to the end as well.

Shad, I feel like you intentionally played me. You must have expected I’d use last game to defend you. I hope you enjoyed your one time because I’m never giving you the benefit of doubt again.

Golden land, thanks for clutching. This was fun guys. Gracias
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,127
Reaction score
14,108
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Well, we could cut quite a few roles by making sanity a 2nd role, leaving sane out entirely as then the regular role without an insane, naive or paranoid one would be considered "sane", this way the psy doc role would also increase in value.
They could lose a lot of value actually, because then you have a Detective/Doctor Lover/Traitor and the anti town secondary is now untraceable. Or Mafia Detective can discover a sanity like that too, then. Etc.

Sanities aren't an issue, the rules being clogged aren't that much of a problem (you just scroll a bit more) but the way information is provided to both players and hosts and how there's literal holes in interactions that no one ever thought of until shit happened.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top